Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:35:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Two Years and still living with HIV  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Two Years and still living with HIV
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:07:48 pm »
Well this time two years ago I found out that I was HIV+. Today I can say that I feel and look much better than then when I was first diagnosed. My first month living with HIV was rough and my weight dropped like it was not even funny I went from being 185lbs down to 125lbs in over two weeks time was on death bed and was told by my dotors that I would not pull through it. My dotor told my parents to get prepared and to start making plans for my funeral. Well too much surprise I pulled through that rough time and rebuilt my strength back and four months later was back to my old self again shocked my ID doctor.

That was two years ago today. Today my weight is back I have moved on with my life, I feel much better and don't have to depend on my parents for anything. As far as relationship goes well that went like a flop, but I'm a big boy and will not let that get me down. As long as this site is here and my new family here on aidsmeds is here for my support that is all I really need at the moment. Also after meeting Lisa she has been a big support for me she is like a sister that I never had she has been there for me and so have so many of you on here.

Still looking for my Mr. Right some day I will find him. Not going to give up the hope just yet. Taking my meds has been a big help also. Just hope my numbers improve next month when I get my blood drawn again. February 21st is my next ID appointment hopefully I can have good numbers for the next visit. Well enogh from me just wanted to say thanks for the support from my new fond family here on aidsmeds. Love you all and mean it. :-*

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: Two Years and still living with HIV
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:20:50 pm »
Jerry...  Congradulations on dealing with this for two years.   You are stronger than you even realize.   Unfortunately, it takes going through all of this and looking back and seeing what you have been through to appreciate the fact your growing.   There are so many who are so proud of you for taking a risk.  Going into the unknown.  Moving out and away from Ma and Dad.   Finding a relationship, falling in love.   Finding out that it was not quite right.   Pulling yourself up and back out.   Thats alot Jerry..   Thats alot...  Big hugs to you Brother!

Happy Anniversary!!

Offline Blixer

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 12:26:39 pm »
Jerry,
Congratulations on making it two years.  I just completed my first year.  Of course, I was not in the shape you were when I was diagnosed.  But I'm glad you pulled through and "showed them."  I too feel like I'm in better shape today than I was a year ago.  I'm more conscious of myself and my health.  So I think that may be a good side effect.  And the meds do work.  It looks like you are making progress in that area.

I guess there are several of us out there still looking for Mr. Right.  Sometimes I wonder if it will ever happen, but I like what you say about not giving up hope.  I've always been one to say that I wouldn't settle.  If the guy isn't right, then don't just grab onto him to have someone.  I've been told to be patient and that it often happens when you least expect it. Maybe that's true.  Hopefully year 3 for you and year 2 for me will be a great one!

Congratulations again!
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:44 pm »
Hi Jerry!   

You're had a lot of ups and downs over that two years, and I hope it all "levels out" for you from now on.   You're a great guy, and I'm sure Mr Right will come along one of these days.....until he does, you have us!

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 03:09:15 pm »

Jerry, I knew you had gained that weight back!  It shows in the pics..  You have come a long way and I am glad you are feeling better.    I think Lisa does make a great, big sister and you are fortunate to live so close to her.  Mr. Right will come when you least supsect... Mrs. Right came to me when I quit looking :)

Stay well my friend.

Thomas 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline koi1

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:41:42 pm »
Hi Jerry,

Congratulations on your recovery. This is my 2nd month after diagnosis, on meds, doin' fine, and am glad I caught it in time. You are an inspiration to all of us. So you are from the SD area?

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 06:10:20 pm »
Congratulations on pulling all the way, Jerry!  Although sad to read, it's so important that we keep getting posters coming from your direction, the almost written off, as well as from the I didn't know crowd who saw no affect in their health at all so that anyone find the forums, where ever they are in this, can identify with someone, can get strength from the strength which someone like you has shown in his or her own life.  Keeping posting away. 

As for the search for Mr. Right, keep the pressure on with me to take a look at poz.com personals, to see if we can't make them better?  If we could only embrace each other's search for a Mr. or a Ms. Right this year, we would be making great progress.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 06:14:21 pm »
Jerry: I am a living and walking testimony as well. "It's alright once you get past the pain." Congratulations for making it thus far and it is within you to continue to walk on your path to a brighter future as well.

"What Can I do today to make a better Tomorrow?"

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 06:51:31 pm »
Thanks everyone for your happy replies. :-* hugs and kisses to you all. :-* :-*

Offline marco23

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 07:28:18 pm »
HI Jerry!!
What an inspiration you are....and here's to a long, beautiful and healthy life you have ahead of you!!
 :-*   :-*   :-*
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.