Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:51:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773205
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 521
Total: 523

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Church Chat And "It Gets Better" Goes Primetime  (Read 5137 times)

Offline tednlou2

Church Chat And "It Gets Better" Goes Primetime
« on: May 17, 2011, 10:54:37 pm »
Okay, there are 2 video clips I wanted to share.  Some of you have probably seen both of these. 

The first one is a Google commercial for the "It gets better" project.  I just about fell out of my sling tonight when I saw this airing in primetime on network TV.  The ad/psa made me a tad teary--mostly because it was being shown on network TV.  You see pro-gay messages in some TV shows, but I cannot remember a commercial/psa ever discussing the issue.  I've heard this has already caused some haters to be so outraged..lol.  They are always outraged over something.  I realize Google is not scared of boycotts.  They will do fine even if all the anti-gay folks with computers use yahoo instead.

http://www.youtube.com/user/googlechrome?v=7skPnJOZYdA&feature=pyv&ad=7411163337&kw=it%20gets%20better

The 2nd is from Friday's "Real Time With Bill Maher" in his new rules segment.  He talks once again about fake Christians.  Food for thought.  You can skip to min 2:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TRk8xzKpAw&feature=BFa&list=FLiYzfF5kDgPM&index=2

Offline seaspice

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Church Chat And "It Gets Better" Goes Primetime
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:41:14 am »
Apropos of nothing, Bill Maher is a fucking dickhead.

MtD

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:30:13 am »
What are GOP wifes on ?
I too have often wondered.
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 06:15:09 am »
Is it just a GOP issue?  I definitely think it's bipartisan.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

LabRat

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 10:23:14 am »
Stepford Wives!  :)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 11:14:15 am »
Stepford Fags are worse.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 07:21:54 pm »
Stepford Fags are worse.

I agree!  Austin seems to be full of guys who want to settle down, have kids, join the PTA, and raise chickens (that's all the rage in Austin these days).  I generally consider myself a rather dull guy, and yet the most interesting part of that to me would be raising the chickens.

That said, I like seeing positive messages in the media.  Somehow, though, I have a hard time getting my own head around the idea that it really gets better.

Regards,

Henry

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »
Somehow, though, I have a hard time getting my own head around the idea that it really gets better.

Offline poz91

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 12:22:36 pm »
The first one is a Google commercial for the "It gets better" project.  I just about fell out of my sling tonight when I saw this airing in primetime on network TV.  The ad/psa made me a tad teary--mostly because it was being shown on network TV.

...I saw it last week during Idol

...it aired immediately after ScotTea McChristian kissed his cross and asked the Lord for forgiveness for being mentored by Lady Gaga

The timing couldn't have been more perfect!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.