Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:36:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 612
Total: 612

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: suggestions please  (Read 4053 times)

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
suggestions please
« on: August 09, 2006, 01:06:07 pm »
Anyone want to have a stab at this?

Current arv's : t-20, tmc 114(don't like its new name, sorry) , reyataz, fosamprenavir, norvir, tenofovir, 3TC.

Fosamprenavir  has decided to sputter out, as The Eels might say. We thought it’d last a bit longer than this, but clearly mr telzir has decided his work here is done.

Any thoughts?

Stop & switch to another PI? On paper, kaletra looks like it might still be a go-er. But I am reading the (paltry) amount of data available, and people are saying “no kaletra + tmc 114”…?

Switch to/add in another nuke? Not got much to choose from, really, 151m et al.. Small amount of susceptibility to azt still. *shudder*

Increase dose of fosamprenavir? Anyone point me in the direction of any research/evidence on this approach?

NNRTIs are out.

Obviously, main aim here is to keep t-20 and tmc 114 viable, as they are only fully,100%, active drugs in my combo. And at same time, keep me well(ish), with minimal side effects and  lowest possible pill burden.
I see dr Friday, have had brief conversations over the phone, but will discuss/decide properly then, just wanted some different viewpoints really>

VL - jumping around in an upwardly direction, about 15,000 at the mo (some of that will be due to recent shingles I ‘spect) Feel fine, as ever, maybe bit more tired n feet feel heavier of late. but otherwise, ok.

Thank you..

kate

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: suggestions please
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 03:48:15 pm »
Kate hello,

A stab (in the dark perhaps, without a genotype or phenotype resistance test data)...

TMC114 increases the overall concentration of Kaletra by about 50% and Kaletra (well, the lopinavir in it) decreases the overall concentration of TMC114 by 35-40%.  This makes it a difficult combination to use.  But not impossible.  Provided each drug is within the limit for viral suppression (for TMC114) and darn nasty side effects (for Kaletra) it may be a viable switch for the Fos.  A little bit of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring c/o the University of Liverpool, or one of the London clinics that does it themselves, will tell you if this is working. It should be free, c/o the drug co's £s and/or NHS.

The Fos looks a dead duck in the water. 

Nuke-wise, you might talk about adding abacavir. Adding in AZT also may help but I sense a reluctance (understandable). Whether abacavir or AZT are any good, or just more drug pressure for more nuke resistance will be a moot point.   This really depends on your nuke mutations besides 151M and what your phenotypic resistance test says.  Abacavir will select for M184V, which is probably a good mutation in this context, since tenofovir is extra good at hammering this mutant strain.  You might try for commpassionate access to the new nuke TMC125, but I dunno if this is on the cards in the UK or whether it will even be useful.  Prob is available through an influential doc at a major London clinic.

If the major prob is nuke resistance you might be better off on a strong double boosted PI pair like TMC114 + Reyataz (perhaps at the 400mg dose) + 3TC alone for now.

You might actually be better of on a simplified regime of T-20, TMC114 + 3TC or summat like that for now. Depends on your PI resistance.

If you want a copy of the slide set with the TMC114 pharmokinetic & resistance data PM me and I'll email it's megabiteness to you.

For a really informed opinion you might also give Simon Collins (or A N Other) at i-Base a ring (but s/he will need your full treatment history and resistance test data). i-base website.

You need to decide your treatment target. Is it a viral load that's undetectable, a viral load of under 1,000 copies, or one under 10,000? This will make a difference to the drug selection and your mental anguish.  A lowish viral load made up of crap-replicating, heavily-treated virus may be a tenable position for a long time (ie until bright, shiny new resistance-busting drugs come around the block).

Good luck and a prayer, eh?

- matt

Now playing: Do You Really Want To Hurt Me, Culture Club

(this post required a half bottle of South African vineyard specific Sauvignon Blanc)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 03:54:32 pm by newt »
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: suggestions please
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 05:13:50 pm »
good lord, i have driven you to drink  :)

thank you, thank you mr newt, good suggestions...PM is winging its way to you...

Kate

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.