Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 04:33:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 183
Total: 184

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Milk Thistle benefits?  (Read 69663 times)

Offline Dachshund

Re: Milk Thistle benefits?
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2015, 03:47:29 pm »
Oh dear God make it stop.

Offline zach

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2015, 04:54:57 pm »
kill it with fire!!!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2015, 05:25:17 pm »
OH just shoot me already, I give up LOL .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline initforlife

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2015, 05:31:09 pm »
Well damn  how does one kill a zombie?  I never did get into that whole walking dead show to know.  ;D
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2015, 05:34:52 pm »
I guess zombies are immune to milk thistle .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2015, 06:10:18 pm »
there's a shaman, he makes a concoction

i'll need two chickens and a bottle of rum

thats just for my dinner

to kill zombies, you have to aim for the head, conserve ammunition, melee weapons preferred

don't you people watch walking dead?!?

Offline initforlife

« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2015, 01:45:29 am »
NO Zach I do not watch that show. lol My girls do. I just never got it. even had a guy stop dating me one time because I refuse to watch it all the time with him. I told him he could watch but I didn't like it and won't watch lol he wanted a zombie g/f I guess.
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline Electric Sheep

• Standard
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2015, 01:48:39 am »
Jeff G: I am the Electric Sheep, of London, UK's Mighty Metropolis... my pastures are the Aurora Borealis and my wool is space rays... also I was the invisible ninja presence behind Humpty-Dumpty's wall, browsing on grass all innocent-like... and people still think he just spontaneously 'had a great fall' pahaha

a charred zombie this thread may be from all the flaming, but there just wasn't another such thread on the forum. I thought that the sight of it would stir up old interest... starting a new thread or splitting off these posts into a new thread could maybe work better :o

as for living with hiv - me no. Although it has to be said, hiv/aids is more than a physical illness. even now the fear afflicts the hiv-negative also. Being a pharmacy/chemistry student I've always wanted to do something about it myself... until I started to realize that this research existed already. So now I just want to spread some'o this good news :D

Lorenzopier: I'm glad your liver is feeling happy! It sounds like a rough ride you had...
yess the phosphatidylcholine (lecithin) increases the bioavailability of silimarin for stronger immunomodulatory and hepatoprotective effects... although anyone taking protease inhibitors would need to increase their dose

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2015, 02:05:59 am »
Jeff G: I am the Electric Sheep, of London, UK's Mighty Metropolis... my pastures are the Aurora Borealis and my wool is space rays... also I was the invisible ninja presence behind Humpty-Dumpty's wall, browsing on grass all innocent-like... and people still think he just spontaneously 'had a great fall' pahaha

a charred zombie this thread may be from all the flaming, but there just wasn't another such thread on the forum. I thought that the sight of it would stir up old interest... starting a new thread or splitting off these posts into a new thread could maybe work better :o

as for living with hiv - me no. Although it has to be said, hiv/aids is more than a physical illness. even now the fear afflicts the hiv-negative also. Being a pharmacy/chemistry student I've always wanted to do something about it myself... until I started to realize that this research existed already. So now I just want to spread some'o this good news :D

Lorenzopier: I'm glad your liver is feeling happy! It sounds like a rough ride you had...
yess the phosphatidylcholine (lecithin) increases the bioavailability of silimarin for stronger immunomodulatory and hepatoprotective effects... although anyone taking protease inhibitors would need to increase their dose

Would you clarify please what claims you are making for milk thistle in day-to-day health of HIV+ people treated with ART?  Thank you.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Electric Sheep

• Standard
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2015, 07:14:09 am »
mechh: look at Reply 97, it has everything in detail
for everyone else a summary:
Milkthistle slows glucose uptake and metabolism of T cells, putting them into a less activated state and slowing proliferation; and slowing proliferation directly by antagonizing NF-kB. This reduces the number of cells vulnerable to hiv, so hiv count drops. Because existing T-cells are less vulnerable, the 'CD4 count' actually rises.
(this is all achieved by very high systemic concentration of the active ingredients)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2015, 08:00:58 am »

Ah yes -- because the snake oil salesmen are always NOT suffering from whatever ailment their "cure" is about..........   ::)
If you want to "do something about HIV/AIDS", then do it.  If milkthistle, of any of the myriad "cures" we see here were truly useful, we'd be seeing widespread usage.  You don't sound much like a scientist to me, if you think "all the research" for helping HIV/AIDS "already exists".

M

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2015, 08:13:53 am »

as for living with hiv - me no.

The forums are for people who are living with HIV with the exception of Am I Infected or Someone I Care About Has HIV, so unless you want us to assess an HIV risk or you are seeking support for a loved one you cant have access to other parts of the forum . Thank you for your cooperation .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2015, 08:49:38 am »
I didn't catch that Electric Sheep is HIV-.   My bad.   :( :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2015, 11:31:03 am »
I am the Electric Sheep, of London, UK's Mighty Metropolis... my pastures are the Aurora Borealis and my wool is space rays... also I was the invisible ninja presence behind Humpty-Dumpty's wall, browsing on grass all innocent-like... and people still think he just spontaneously 'had a great fall' pahaha

a charred zombie this thread may be from all the flaming

i could go so many ways with this.... man, i'm impressed, the style of your prose.... amusing with a bowl of kush

jeff, can we keep this one? i promise i'll feed it and keep it locked in the basement

PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!

my pastures are the Aurora Borealis and my wool is space rays...... that is priceless!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2015, 11:35:55 am »
i could go so many ways with this.... man, i'm impressed, the style of your prose.... amusing with a bowl of kush

jeff, can we keep this one? i promise i'll feed it and keep it locked in the basement

PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!

my pastures are the Aurora Borealis and my wool is space rays...... that is priceless!

Im afraid not Zach … He can’t post in this thread again so … you will only be hearing from him again in someone I care about, if ever .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.