Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need your help, About oral sex and hiv  (Read 9788 times)

Offline kbuddy77

Need your help, About oral sex and hiv
« on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:54 am »
Good day all,

I am a 32 yo male who had unprotected oral sex (Giver) and i have gingivitis (Hope that's spelled right) but my gums don't bleed unless i brush. The guy did not "cum" in my mouth. I have read articles about this and some say there is no risk while others say there is I'm scared to death its been 2.5 weeks and i feel fine. can anyone help me with this topic. Thanks

Kbuddy77

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Need your help, About oral sex and hiv
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:42:54 am »
Kbuddy, you're worrying unnecessarily. Your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV if it is present.

Further, longterm studies of serodiscordant couples have been conducted in which both gay and straight partners practiced mutual unprotected oral sex and only protected vaginal and anal intercourse. To date not a single sero-negative partner has been infected.

There's no need for further concern nor testing about this incident.
Andy Velez

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:08:18 am »
is having gum issues a concern? Just worried thats all. Thanks for your reply!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:26:55 am »
You would have to have the most gaping messed up gums for that to be even a possible risk.

Stop bothering yourself. You were not at risk.
Andy Velez

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:35:07 am »
 :D Thanks i feel slightly better now.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:42:39 am »
OK, good. Believe me if I had any doubts I would let you know.

Get on with your life.

You might also remember that other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. So if you are sexually active it's a good idea to at least annually have a full STD panel done. And more frequently if you are having symptoms like discharge from your penis, etc.

Andy Velez

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:55 am »
Thanks the funny thing is i am not sexually active just this one time in a year. The confusing part is that i was scared that my gums "may" have been bleeding while giving oral sex and having precum enter that way. I have read on CDC website that there has been confirmed cases (A few) of oral transmission. You guys do a world of good and thanks for your advice, do i need to get tested again this would be my only "Exposer" in a year. my last test was neg (a year ago) Thanks again all!!! ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 02:20:22 pm »
No, I don't think you need to get tested again.

Get on with your life and be glad HIV is not your problem, because it isn't. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 02:31:59 pm »
Thanks for your help. And thanks for helping us all by being there when we need you your a blessing. God Bless!!!
  :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »
You're welcome. Be well and use condoms always for intercourse!
Andy Velez

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 04:04:17 pm »
LOL i never go there! Too scared. Have a great weekend!!

Regards

Kbuddy77

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 06:08:49 pm »
OK. lol

And you enjoy the weekend too.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 10:53:34 am »
Thanks Andy. I have one other question During the oral exprence my lip was rubbed raw and my gums may have been bleeding (Not much) No exposure to cum just pre cum am i at risk,. this will be my last post just still worried. I have been feeling fine and it has been  3 weeks just some slight night sweats (Probly from antidepressants) do i need to worry and get tested? Thanks again for your response ;D

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 10:57:35 am »
Thanks Andy. I have one other question During the oral exprence my lip was rubbed raw and my gums may have been bleeding (Not much) No exposure to cum just pre cum am i at risk,. this will be my last post just still worried. I have been feeling fine and it has been  3 weeks just some slight night sweats (Probly from antidepressants) do i need to worry and get tested? Thanks again for your response ;D

Listen up, coz I'm gonna clue you the fuck in.

HIV is transmitted in these ways:

Unprotected vaginal and anal sex;
Sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes;
In some cases from HIV positive mother to her unborn or nursing infant.

No rubbed raw lips, no gum disease, none of that shit.

If it ain't on the list I just posted it ain't a HIV risk.

As Andy has noted you were not at risk of contracting HIV from any of this and you do not need to be tested.

Is that clear?

MtD

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 11:00:19 am »
You made it quite clear. thanks!!

Kbuddy77

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:54 am »
You made it quite clear. thanks!!

Kbuddy77

No problem.

Have a good life.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 04:10:20 pm »
K,

I removed the post you just left in the Just Tested forum. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

With the exception of the “Am I Infected?” and “Off Topic” Forums, the AIDSmeds.com Forums are intended for people who have been diagnosed with HIV (or their loved ones/caregivers).  If you are questioning or unaware of your HIV status, please refrain from posting messages or questions in the Forums intended for HIV-positive people.

You should NOT post ANYWHERE other than here, in your own thread. Make sure you read our posting rules because you will not be permitted to break those rules again.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »
Sorry about that but you raise very big concerns saying that its possible to catch HIV from unprotected oral sex is your own words when everyone else says its not a concern at all. Which has me concerned again. im being told not to test but like i have said in prior communications i have gum disease and had precum in my mouth.

Kbuddy77

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:15 pm »
Sorry about that but you raise very big concerns saying that its possible to catch HIV from unprotected oral sex is your own words when everyone else says its not a concern at all. Which has me concerned again. im being told not to test but like i have said in prior communications i have gum disease and had precum in my mouth.

Kbuddy77
Ann never said that at all. You never had an exposure. Saliva contains over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibits HIV transmission.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 05:45:19 pm »
K,

What I said was that is it an exceedingly small possibility. Unless your gingivitis is extremely advance (like where you're in danger of loosing a tooth/teeth due to receding, mushy, infected gums) and the guy you sucked had a huge viral load - in the hundreds of thousands as can happen in primary infection - then you're worrying unnecessarily. Your saliva will protect you.

There are FAR more people who get hit by lightening each year than there are who become infected through sucking cock and when it does happen, several factors have to all be present like very poor oral health and a very high viral load.

You are more likely to start crapping hundred dollar bills tomorrow than you are to become infected through getting a small bit of precum in your mouth. You're putting yourself through unnecessary anxiety.

Test if you must for peace of mind (you should be testing yearly anyway, for ALL the STIs, not just hiv) but unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse you've neglected to mention, don't be surprised by your negative result.

Ann

edited for spilling er, spalling... SPELLING!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:48:00 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kbuddy77

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 05:53:11 pm »
Thanks Ann. Have a wonderful week and weekend. 8)

Kbuddy77

Offline kbuddy77

Blood workups
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 03:01:50 pm »
When they do regular blood check ups , Lithum levels,choestrol ex do they auotmaticly check for drugs like weed. Freind of mine is worried like hell do they have to state that they are giving you a drug test too

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Blood workups
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 03:49:13 pm »
What does this have to do with HIV?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline kbuddy77

Drug test
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 03:59:11 pm »
I was at the hospital for somethinig minor the said they checked my blood for normal stuff like chlestrol, lithum levels ex do the automaticly test for drugs or aid are those two test that require you permission

Offline kbuddy77

Re: Blood workups
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 04:20:35 pm »
when he gets his bimounty check done hes afraid they will do a drug test would they tell him they were doing a drug test could he freuse he did a joint 2 weeks ago and hes buggggung out

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 04:23:57 pm »
I've merged your latest question in with your previous thread in AM I INFECTED. It's a rule here as stated in the opening thread of the forum to keep all your postings in the same thread.

Your permission is required to do an HIV test.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 08:48:03 am »
Kbuddy,

I just came across a thread you started in the Someone I Care About forum (the posts above with the title of "Blood Workups"). I have removed it from that forum and placed it here, which is the ONLY place you should be posting about hiv concerns.

It's obvious by the way you lied about posting for a "friend" that you knew full well you should not have been posting where you did. In fact, you were warned about posting where you're not supposed to on March 1st.

Because of your obvious deception to try to get around our rules - and also because I explicitly told you on March 1st that "you will not be permitted to break those rules again" - I'm permanently banning you. We take our rules very seriously here - and you should have as well.

Bye!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.