Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:14:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 664
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 647
Total: 647

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: They're a couple of breeders.  (Read 6909 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
They're a couple of breeders.
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:47:04 pm »
That would be my Aunt Eulalie and Uncle Johnny!  I just learned TODAY that these folks are genuine dog breeders!  Specifically, coonhounds!  I had no idea!  And the dogs are all right here down the road...which means they are all close and pettable and stuff!

Those who know me well know that I lose my proverbial shit around dogs and just go absolutely bananas.  I can't get enough of 'em.  Licks?  Love 'em!  Fur?  Bring it!  If smelly old hound came in a bottle, I might just wear it like cologne...at least just to wear around the house.

This is a completely insignificant post for this board, I'm sure.  Off Topic in the highest degree, but I am beside myself with the news and just had to post!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline manchesteruk

Re: They're a couple of breeders.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:53:32 pm »
I'm a BIG dog fan as well Tim.  Funnily enough I went to my Auntie and Uncles last Easter and they'd just got a new Labrador puppy I spent most of my time with the dog and neglected everyone else haha
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:01:05 pm »
I'm a BIG dog fan as well Tim.  Funnily enough I went to my Auntie and Uncles last Easter and they'd just got a new Labrador puppy I spent most of my time with the dog and neglected everyone else haha

I know what you mean.  I'm one of those that will end up on the floor if the dogs aren't allowed on the furniture somewhere.   

It's just the coolest thing.  First, I find out that there is a kangaroo and alpaca preserve near here (who the heck knew that?!), and now I find out about the coonhounds.  I already have a cousin that raises dalmations and some others, but he is hardly ever available.  These folks are close at hand.  I shall now proceed to buddy up to them in a devious effort to get to the dogs.   ;D
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:04:22 pm »
did you say DOGS?!?!?     ;D

I love those furry bundles of love...and I love spoiling them even more....my pooches sleep in bed with me..or should I say , they let me sleep in the bed with them....Mr. Pookie ( a rescued 30lb mutt) loves to cuddle and now that is getting cold it is really nice to have him all bundled up with me....Ms Poo Girl ( my 10lb Shi Tzu) likes to sleep on my head, I'm not kidding...she will paw me and even bite my ears so I move further down the bed so she has just enough space to place herself right between the headboard and me  :D

POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:16:43 pm »
did you say DOGS?!?!?     ;D

I love those furry bundles of love...and I love spoiling them even more....my pooches sleep in bed with me..or should I say , they let me sleep in the bed with them....Mr. Pookie ( a rescued 30lb mutt) loves to cuddle and now that is getting cold it is really nice to have him all bundled up with me....Ms Poo Girl ( my 10lb Shi Tzu) likes to sleep on my head, I'm not kidding...she will paw me and even bite my ears so I move further down the bed so she has just enough space to place herself right between the headboard and me  :D

LOVE it!  I feel downright priviledged to get to curl up and snooze with a doggie.  My old beagle/bassett mix, Colonel, gave great bed.  No matter how anxious or down I was when I retired, he could make it all melt away. 

Lie down with dogs, get up pleased.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Dan J.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:22:18 pm »
there ain't nothing better than sleeping with my schnauzer & the kisses are even better. I can't wait till my 5 2 week old fur grand babies are running around & playing with me.

;D

Offline mjmel

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:43:12 pm »
LOVE it!  I feel downright privileged to get to curl up and snooze with a doggie.  My old beagle/bassett mix, Colonel, gave great bed.  No matter how anxious or down I was when I retired, he could make it all melt away. 

Lie down with dogs, get up pleased.

glad fer ya testimony, youth pastor tim.
and while it may seem to you that this post is insignificant and low on the hierarchy, i wish to tell that i've just gotten fonder of you because of it.
I especially love my chihuahua, Kaizer, and love it when he snuggles up to me to keep warm at night. He has always slept under the blankets or cover sheet. He lays against my thigh and as he gets all cozy & warm he pushes off with his legs to regulate body temperature. He also auto-adjust when I turn in my sleep to shift positions and then places himself accordingly.......always in physical contact during sleep time.  Love that little guy!
dogs rule in this house,
Mike

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:34:20 pm »
anyone that loves dogs can't be all bad  ;D
charles schultz was right; "happiness IS a warm puppy"  :-*

My house was crazy back when I had six cocker spaniels (Appollonia, Elektra, Eightball, LBB, Hershey, and Triumph) running around. The 4 cockers (Gabrielle, Joxer, Zeus and Aries) that I have now are the great grandkids to my first one. They even have their own website - http://reigningpages.com/puppies !!

Sadly, I'll probably be updating that site soon, as my oldest (Gabrielle) probably won't make it until Christmas, and may not even live until the first of the month. That's the only bad thing about them - they don't live near long enough. However, no matter how sad I am losing them, they've always brought more joy to my life. Sometimes they were my only reason for living.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 07:47:50 pm »
Your post is on top of my ladder Timmy.

My dog has always been my darling , my cuddle, my baby...

Since my divorce and with Dan living in the US , Lola, my 6-year old Jack Russell is the only "person" to share my bed.

She gets into bed with me and then lets herself being pulled up to my chest.
Same routine every night.
So we both lay on our side and she has her back to my chest. My arm around her belly and my face in her fur...oh I love that smell... my own Lola Chanel.

She is with my ex husband now as we have co-dogship. I know she is loved there as well.. but my bed is empty and cold without my fur love...

So, wherever there is dogs, Hermie is on the floor playing and cuddling with them...

Love you Timmy boy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 07:49:32 pm »
I spent most of my time with the dog and neglected everyone else haha

:D..That reminded me for a conversation I had when I met up with one of my niebours the other day, she was asking me how the family were and I told her they were fine, and that I had spent the day in the paddocks with them had given them their injections and drenched them all and had some of them sheard and how I loved being with them..it wasn't until I saw the look on her face that I finally realised she was talking about the two legged one's...and not my animals.... :D.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 09:15:30 pm »

My house was crazy back when I had six cocker spaniels (Appollonia, Elektra, Eightball, LBB, Hershey, and Triumph) running around. The 4 cockers (Gabrielle, Joxer, Zeus and Aries) that I have now are the great grandkids to my first one. They even have their own website - http://reigningpages.com/puppies !!

Hey!  I visited your site and encourage other interested readers to check it out also.  Full of fantastic photos of your furry family.  however, dammit, the dog in ME just can't resist asking:  uh...that shirtless fella on the ground with the pooch...um...??

(what can i say?  i'm hopeless that way.)

oh I love that smell... my own Lola Chanel.

hermie....precisely.  gorgeous photo of your Lola. what a beauty she is.

and Jan...we already know you're the most hopeless of us all when it comes to your love of your critters.  we wouldn't want you any other way.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 09:57:39 pm »
First it was the Colonial.

Then there's the cousin that raises dalmations.

Then you find out there is a kangaroo and alpaca reserve nearby.

And now it's Aunt Eulalie and Uncle Johnny and their coonhounds!

It sounds to me like your world keeps getting bigger and bigger.  That is certainly something to celebrate. 

robert....the proud friend of 4 canine beauties and anticipating bigger things this weekend...... :o :o

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 10:06:38 pm »
It sounds to me like your world keeps getting bigger and bigger.  That is certainly something to celebrate. 

Well, there is also Buddy (perhaps the most appropriately named little fella in the world).  He's a little wired-haired mutt that lives up the street, but is everybody's buddy.  He leaves his place every weekday to go to the neighboring porch and wait for my Aunt Marcelle (the hills are crawling with my kin folk up here) to go for her walk.  He goes with her.  On the return trip, however, he has taken to running a bit ahead of her and coming to my front door...where he barks to let me know he has come callin'.  He waits for me to come outside and give him kisses and a quick tummy rub, then he's back off to finish the walk home. 

No expectation of food or anything.  He just comes to say hey.  Sometimes, there isn't even the belly rub.  I open the door, he runs around the yard in circles, runs up to lick my face- then jets on.

Now tell me...how can you not find something kinda special in a thing like that?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline fearless

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 10:38:32 pm »
I'm outta the loop here, Timmy.
But, have you moved house or something? how come your finding all these things in your neighbourhood all of a sudden. Buddy sounds like a cute mutt.

edited: a 'roo preserve!!! just wait till they start breeding and take over the place. hehe
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 02:11:14 am »
I'm outta the loop here, Timmy.
But, have you moved house or something? how come your finding all these things in your neighbourhood all of a sudden. Buddy sounds like a cute mutt.

edited: a 'roo preserve!!! just wait till they start breeding and take over the place. hehe

No, I haven't moved house.  I've just suddenly made these discoveries.  Buddy has been a mainstay for ages now...I just haven't found the right time to post about him until now.  The 'roo preserve is kinda sorta nearby, but tucked way in the hills here and not widely known about.  Suprised the heck outta me...but not as much as learning that all these wonderful hounds were so close.  The aunt and uncle have just never made ANY mention of it to me (perhaps anticipating me haunting their premises upon discovery). 

I don't live in the heart of boytown anymore.  I'm a country boy and I live in the sticks.  That's largely where I feel home, although boyfriend material is sometimes right scarce in these parts.  Anyways...properties up here tend to be kinda sprawling & the dogs they have are tucked in the back parts of their property and I've just never known they were there.  I hadn't stopped by there on many occasions.

But I will be now.    ;)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 05:38:52 am »
No expectation of food or anything.  He just comes to say hey.  Sometimes, there isn't even the belly rub.  I open the door, he runs around the yard in circles, runs up to lick my face- then jets on.

Knowing how sweet you are Timmy, I am not amazed at all. Dogs just follow their guts...

Any boymaterial doing the same? or do you turn around and have them lick....??????

kissssssses

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Dan J.

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 07:58:51 am »
Tim, I will give you a free  gorgeous black schnauzer puppy when  they are ready. they will be 6 weeeks old Dec 26th.   You just let me know...

:-* :-* :-*

Dan

Offline poz1970

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 10:24:25 am »
heh

I don't have a dog, but a cat... but there used to be nothing better than spooning with my baby girl :-)

She'd snuggle up against my chest, and fall asleep :-) (after 30 minutes or so of deep satisfied purring)

Played hell with my lungs, but hell, it was worth it :-))))

She's too old to do it now, needing parental assistance to get up on the bed, and down again, and I'd suffer for it the next day too :-(

Snuggling with a small fluffy animal, whether cat or dog is such a beautiful experience, because its unconditional love, and you know they trust you UTTERLY :-D

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline northernguy

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 11:36:35 am »
...Those who know me well know that I lose my proverbial shit around dogs...

Are you sure that's not just another med side-effect?
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 01:05:22 pm »
Knowing how sweet you are Timmy, I am not amazed at all. Dogs just follow their guts...

Any boymaterial doing the same? or do you turn around and have them lick....??????

kissssssses

Hermie

Thanks, Hermie.  It does make me feel pretty special that Buddy does that.  According to my aunt, I'm the only stop along the way.  Go figure.  Smart little dog, too.  Marcelle doesn't do her walk on weekends, and according to her the dog only shows up at her porch on M-F.  He seems to know when it's the weekend and that weekends are off days.  ???

And no, there's no boy licking.  Not since Michael in September.  Don't guess I have really been ready since he passed on.  When it's time for that to happen, I suppose it will.

Are you sure that's not just another med side-effect?

Quite sure.  That event is anything but proverbial.   ;D

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 11:32:15 pm »
Tim,

Here is a picture of my beloved coonhound.  Here name is Dreamer, and she is a "Blue Tick" coonhound.
Coonhounds also come in Black and Tan, Redbone, English, and Treeing Walkers. 

Dreamer has a very loud bawl (like most coonhounds), and some of the longest, cutest ears I've
ever seen.  And as you can see, she is allowed on the furniture.   :D

Cheers,

Henry

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 11:48:23 pm »
I didn't know (or perhaps remember) that you had a coonhound, Henry!  Dreamer is just fantastic! 

And I am not the least bit suprised that she is allowed on the furniture. 

Thank you, my Henry.  That put me in a good place here at bedtime.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 12:16:00 am »
heh

I don't have a dog, but a cat... but there used to be nothing better than spooning with my baby girl :-)

She'd snuggle up against my chest, and fall asleep :-) (after 30 minutes or so of deep satisfied purring)

Played hell with my lungs, but hell, it was worth it :-))))

She's too old to do it now, needing parental assistance to get up on the bed, and down again, and I'd suffer for it the next day too :-(

Snuggling with a small fluffy animal, whether cat or dog is such a beautiful experience, because its unconditional love, and you know they trust you UTTERLY :-D

J

You're reminded me of my Agatha. She used to lay next to me on my chair or in bed and watch television with me. She loved to snuggle and purr.

I had her 17 years. I still miss her.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 12:16:29 am »
  Licks?  Love 'em!  Fur?  Bring it! 

My sentiments exactly!

Oh wait..are we talking about the same thing here?

WOOF!
John

Offline Robert

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 12:21:04 am »
henry...

dreamer is a dream.  Love those ears!  I don't think I've ever seen a coondog before.  Timmy, you have a new assignment.  Get us all coondogs!!  I want one!!!!

robert

Dan J.

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 10:50:52 am »
Tim,

Here is a picture of my beloved coonhound.  Here name is Dreamer, and she is a "Blue Tick" coonhound.
Coonhounds also come in Black and Tan, Redbone, English, and Treeing Walkers. 

Dreamer has a very loud bawl (like most coonhounds), and some of the longest, cutest ears I've
ever seen.  And as you can see, she is allowed on the furniture.   :D

Cheers,

Henry

Back in the 1980's  had a Blue Tick coonhoundthat looked just like Dreamer. I adopted Jack from the Memphis Humane Society. He was left chained to a tree in the woods and almost starved to death. When I adopted him he weighed 35 lbs. I nursed that shy gentle dog back to health & he became a happy, health 66 lb bundle of love. He loved to put his head in my lap and sleep. When my lover Jeff and I broke up he got the dog because I couldn't have him in a small apartment. I miss him, the dog not the lover.

Dan

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 11:04:38 am »
I miss him, the dog not the lover.

Dan

Testify.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.