Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:20:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 609
Total: 609

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just wanting to tell my story  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Ohyesme2

• 20 years and still going strong:) Diagnosed '92
Just wanting to tell my story
« on: June 24, 2011, 05:12:36 pm »
I finally found a place w/people like me :) Well here I am I just turned 40 in May. My son will be 8 in the fall ;D Plus I will be having my 16th anniversary to my 2nd husband(who is still NEGATIVE),in Sept plus Iam reaching my 20year living positive ::) It all started in Sept 1992(2 weeks before our 2nd anniversary),my 1 st husband was very sick, they wanted to rule out HIV/AIDS. So they did the test and WHAM he was positive and very sick they put him on every thing AZT's.....plus he got sicker and i had to learn to give him a shot, I  can't exactly remember what it did but my poor husband was taking lots of stuff.. Then in October I did my test and sure enough I too was positive! Then December 20th 1992 he passed away. Well I never wanted kids(at that time cause i was only 21)but when my husband died so quickly I swore I would NOT DIE before experiencing MOTHERHOOD!!!!!!! So 3 months later w/a particapating partner who fully neww everything granted me my wish. That desicion P-ssed off the in-laws. Oh well life goes on. Well  my son will be 18 soon and he's healthy ;D My current husband is Negative I fully disclosed to him after a few weeks of chatting w/him and he still didn't care I was Positive. Now we are on our 16th year of marrage :o Plus he adopted my son when he was around 5-6 years old. I have my good days and bad attitude wise,I am one of the lucky ones my Doc always says. My counts are 856 and I am undetectable. I do take  TRUVADA,REYATAZ,NORVIR once a day(I'm on my 15th month of meds). Around 1998 to 2001 I took combiver & varimune,but I choose to stop taking them cause I was going through a "I don't give a shit phase"But here iam

Offline Ohyesme2

Re: Just wanting to tell my story
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:15:49 pm »
I ment my son will be 18in the fall not 8 oops my typo

Offline Ohyesme2

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »
OH yes I love loud music I love Maroon 5 and Kid Rock plus I am even starting to like Country music,something I always said I would never listen too. But any ways, I even rode fairground motorcross last summer and got a 4th place trophy that stands 3  1/2 ft tall.Totally unbelievable but yes I did.Just wanting to chat cause I am a talker:)

Offline karry

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »
Hello
Welcome to the forums. Glad to learn you are doing well. I wish you many more happy years with your wonderful husband and your son. You are indeed a lucky person!
All the best!
Karry
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline Ohyesme2

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:42:17 pm »
Thank You Karry for writing me :) I think I will LOVE this SITE!!!!!!!! Have A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE 8)Gotta Go Be back later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »
Hello,...

Welcome to the forums !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:39:42 pm »
Hey,

Welcome to the forums. Since you have been living with HIV for a long time, you are also permitted to post in the LTS (Long-Term Survivors) Forum, which is reserved for those of us who became poz prior to 1996. You sound like a wonderful survivor and I look forward to hearing more about you.

Joe

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 07:10:16 pm »
plus I am even starting to like Country music,something I always said I would never listen too.

Hey, Hey..careful now, I was brough up on Country (and Western) music...think Brad Paisly and Alan Jackson... ;D

Welcome to the Forums.

Aroha
Jan
New Zealand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline jacken

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 07:36:02 pm »
Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your experiences. Best wishes.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 08:14:58 pm »
Welcome, looking forward to the next instalment
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 12:59:43 am »
Wow...very awesome story! That is so great :) I am also a Maroon 5 fan! Welcome to the forums

Offline Ohyesme2

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 04:47:14 pm »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for your chats!Its 4:30 here and i gotto reading other posts but I really do gotta a lot to talk about but i gotta keep the fire going to cook burgers.I thought my boy would do it but unfortunatly not. I am doing great though. My next apt is Sep. 14 since I've been on meds I went from low 300's to 856 every 3 months I go for lab work and my counts went up 150 every vistit since the meds.. For the past 5-6 years I've been under 500 but didn't want meds again.But Life is Great and if I wanna see any granchildren I better listen to my Doc. Edna is Great. Now that she got me back on meds she now is on me to stop my smoking but I told her Sorry No Can Do. I roll my own so I only spend ten dollars a week so noway jose. But I promise I will be back on. Ilove You all  already.Its so sweet to have people to talk too who are just like me. I live in a very small country town with no groups around my town.I can travel 40 to 50 miles to one but my case worker said she talk to Muskegon to see about me going to one of their groups. I just finally realize I need my peeps.See when it first happened I went to local schools and stuff and talked but then i let my in-laws get under my skin, plus there truelly was nothing left for me here!So when my boy was A month old his pediatrician said My boy was good to go so Off to Oklahoma we went stayed there for 9 years then figured better head back to Michigan cause It had been 10 years so I figured better get back to my Home.Wow and now Ive been home for 9 yearsDang HOw Time Flies.I will be back   i gotta watch my fire. LOve chattingw/u all :)

Offline Ohyesme2

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 05:34:32 pm »
O.K. just got back from adding wood to the pit so we can eat some grilled burgers tonight :P Hay Ray,thats my son's name very kool!! 8)Ac75088 Love your VanDiesel pic. That was one of my toss ups! I LOVE his DEEP SEXY VOICE!!!!!! Plus he was awesome in fast and furious!Hay Aroha Jan no offense on hte country music Sorry but yup I I'm starting to Love It theres quite a few a like,like Oh man i suck w/names But the song that Taylor Swift sing about the Home that Built her, theres another song too the guy sing about partying on Friday but his buddy Ray has a date w/ his wife and Nate stopped drinkin and didnt tell him. Plus there is many more I've felll in love with. BUt I still LOVE my KID ROCK! 8) He was my boys first concert when he was 9 it was the summer before we moved back to michigan.We missed last years concert here it sold out fast. Maybe next time!  So I gotta tell ya all something which I'm sure is nothing new to you BUT I just gotta say this I honestly didnt think I would see my 40th Birthday. See my husband was 35 and I was 19 actually 1 month before my 19th birthday when we slept together then got married that fall.So he was only 37 only 2 months shy of his 38th birthday.Yes I Know he was 6 years older than me but age is nothing to me. My current husband is 11 years older than me. See so I really never thought I would see 40 but after reading the different Poz Mags at the doctors office I learned that theres lots of people that has been around LONGER than Me. So thats what s so kool about Poz they hooked us up with a place to chat Thank You POZ!!!!!!!!!!But I do have more to say but I really do gotta cook dinner for the hubby so I goota go but chat w/ya all soooooooon ;D    FROM YOUR NEW FRIEND TAMMY

Offline Ohyesme2

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 05:40:19 pm »
I sould read my post before i send them cause apparently my 1 key I have to press hard for it to work ???But my 1st husband was 16years older than me. And he was 2 months shy of his 38th birthday when he passed.OK I really better go this time but I will be back Thanks for being my new freinds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.