Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:34:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: fifteen years...and counting..  (Read 14652 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
fifteen years...and counting..
« on: April 08, 2008, 01:41:32 am »
    Hello. It has been fifteen years...did I day fifteen?...let's see...diagnosed 1993. Good grief. In spite of myself, It appears that I am going to be a Senior Citizen...with HIV...huh. Eight years ago, I stopped taking my meds due to a series of events, and now a different series of events have brought me back to the Aids Outreach Center and I am scheduled to start Truvada/Viramune after acceptance into the drug assistance program, probably 3-4 weeks. Have been lurking, reading your posts on dealing with life and meds and then I joined and now I'm posting. Maybe I will even reply and be able to contribute something worthwhile, after I get settled in and a little more educated.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:56:41 am by rondrond »
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline richva

Re: fifteen years...and counting..
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:07:14 am »
Congratulations on 15 years... and, welcome.  There was a time when I didn't think I'd make it to stress tests and colonoscopies... but they're right around the corner.  Whether its reaching middle age, approaching senior status, or enjoying golden years, it seems quite a few of us are marking milestones that seemed unimaginable not so very long ago.

Best,

Rich
08/1989 Acquired
04/1992 Diagnosed
03/25/2008 (YUP - 16 years later!) CD4 336/21% VL 217,000; started meds
08/2012 - Alive, living! and doing just fine, TYVM (w/ props to my doc, insurance carrier and Complera. I remember every day that I'm a lucky boy.)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:11:16 am »
Hey Rondrond, welcome to the forums. 

I was diagnosed + in 1989.  It's really amazing we've survived so much, isn't it.  Things I never used to worry about (cholesterol, heart, lungs etc) are now more immenent.  Hell, the first years after diagnosis, I was just worried about not dying from teh AIDS or the awful meds we used to have to take. 

Glad you've found us, and I hope to hear more from you.
   Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline rondrond

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:19 am »
Thanks Betty.
I never expected to live this long. Now, I'm like bugging Mom for 'Family History'. She says "you know who your family is" and I reply, yeah, but what did they DIE from? Suddenly, it's an issue. Everytime I have an appointment, I have to fill out a three-four page questionnaire (which I have noticed..hey, these are the same questions...let me post the answers on my website and you can read them online.) They have computers and it would save me a lot of time. Sometimes, I wonder if I checked the same boxes on each one  :-[   But, I am getting used to the fact that I am an old man. I even joined AARP ;D Unfortunately, I have never found anything I could use in their services, so will not renew. Though, I did enjoy their Games section..

ronnie
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:27:22 am by rondrond »

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:26:42 am »
Just saying hi.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline rondrond

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:41:44 am »
Congratulations on 15 years... and, welcome.  There was a time when I didn't think I'd make it to stress tests and colonoscopies... but they're right around the corner.  Whether its reaching middle age, approaching senior status, or enjoying golden years, it seems quite a few of us are marking milestones that seemed unimaginable not so very long ago.

Best,

Rich

Ya know, I never thought of myself as old until I filed for SSDI back in September. In their literature, I noticed their defintions of 'age' and 50-55 was considered to be advanced age. Not just aged, or old, but ADVANCED. I had to call Mom and chide her for not telling me that I was now an old man.  ;D  I had a DVT/Bilateral PE and the hopital recommended I file for SSDI to get an initial filing date. I looked up the application online and after attempting to read the first paragraph, I called Binder & Binder Advocates saying..."HELP"...I have been denied twice, but those first two attempts did not have my HIV status, as I have only just gone to AOC March 26th. I'm not sure what a stress test is. Is that when during my Disability exam, he had me 'perform' work actiivities and when he was through with me my blood pressure was 194/94? O.O
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:46:17 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:50:26 am »
Rondrond,

I think a stress test is like when you walk on a treadmill and they monitor your heartrate.  Of course, I could be wrong and if I am, hopefully someone will correct me. 

About AARP, hey, they're my Medicare Part D providers, and I'm only 42! 

Good luck with the whole SSDI thing.  I've been on that since 1994, when I had a bad round of wasting and went down to 80 lbs and was expected to expire.  They denied me once, but it went through the 2nd time straight away.  I've heard it's a struggle to get today.  Maybe you should try and get it for mental reasons also, you know add that to the physical ones.  I hope it doesn't take you ages to get it.  But, hey, if it does, maybe you'll get tons of backpay.
  Luv,
Betty 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline rondrond

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 09:26:12 am »
Medicare Part D...hmmm. See, I'm already learning something new. But, I think that I won't be eligible for Medicare/Medicaid for two years after SSDI is approved. I've been doing some research, but not on 'PARTS' as I don't see those in my immediate future. I haven't worked since July 4th, when I was hospitalized with DVT, and have been living on my Savings. I knew that it would be hard to get and am budgeting my money better than Scrooge. I'm supposed to go in front of a judge this third appeal and I have heard that they are usually more likely to approve you than these disability examiners, who I've heard have to meet 'quotas' and can only have so many approvals , but that sounds weird to me.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Texan38

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 10:31:12 am »
I tested positive in March of 93' - 15 years did go by very quickly for me also but just wanted to say HI AND WELCOME!! :)
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 03:12:21 pm »
Rond, I'm not sure how long it takes for all the Medicare parts anymore.  When I got on SSDI, I was immediately on Part A, had to wait a year for Part B, and then when Part D (prescription plan) came out, of course, everyone was on immediately.  I don't understand why you'd have to wait for 2 years for Medicaid though.  That's a state run program, not really federal. 

Good luck with the judge, please let us know how it goes.
   Luv,
Betty

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 03:30:51 pm »
Welcome to the LTS forum Rondrond.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 05:32:59 pm »
 Welcome to the forums.
In the 80"s when I applied for ssi I had it easy , looking back its kinda funny now . I applied by phone and was excepted immediately . when I called to make an appointment to apply I had a bad cold . I sounded like hell and was hacking and coughing . when the guy on the phone found out HIV was the reason for the call and I was eager for a face to face meeting he declined and offered to handle my application through my doctors office fax machine . He called me back the next day and told me it was all taken care of , I did not need to be interviewed . I also got a fat check for the past year of not being employed . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 10:57:41 pm »
Welcome to the forums.
In the 80"s when I applied for ssi I had it easy , looking back its kinda funny now . I applied by phone and was excepted immediately . when I called to make an appointment to apply I had a bad cold . I sounded like hell and was hacking and coughing . when the guy on the phone found out HIV was the reason for the call and I was eager for a face to face meeting he declined and offered to handle my application through my doctors office fax machine . He called me back the next day and told me it was all taken care of , I did not need to be interviewed . I also got a fat check for the past year of not being employed . 

Sometimes. I am in the right place at the right time, and sometimes not. I keep feeling that they are watching my assetts and I am not going to get anything until I have paupered myself. Weird, paranoid, thinking, but I haven't had such an accounting of my 'life' since I was self-employed and was audited by the IRS.

ronnie
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:59:38 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 11:08:26 pm »
Rond, I'm not sure how long it takes for all the Medicare parts anymore.  When I got on SSDI, I was immediately on Part A, had to wait a year for Part B, and then when Part D (prescription plan) came out, of course, everyone was on immediately.  I don't understand why you'd have to wait for 2 years for Medicaid though.  That's a state run program, not really federal. 

Good luck with the judge, please let us know how it goes.
   Luv,
Betty
I am still learning all these terms and trying to put pieces in place. Everything is so jumbled in my brain. It took me 3 months of family and doctor intervention before I stopped trying to get up and go to work. The hospital literally had me tied to the bed for a week until I acknowledged that I had 'died' and come back and it could happen again,  if I did not follow 'doctors orders'...unfortunately, or fortunately, I do not always believe EVERYTHING they say...they can make mistakes...and I have to research and think on it and and my next appointmentm there I am with my computer printouts and they're looking at me like..oh lord, what have you found now?

ronnie
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:09:58 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 11:18:17 pm »
 LOL .... doctors hate those printouts from the internet don't they .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 12:28:44 am »
LOL .... doctors hate those printouts from the internet don't they .

LOL...yes...I will see the edges of their lips turn up as though they want to laugh at me, they will take the offering, glance at it, set it down on a counter, and then try to preoccupy me with the ever-popular listening of the heart. Unfortunately for them, they will ask "are you exhibiting any problems?", which follows that I will retrieve the discarded paper and start reading it for them...LOL
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:26:20 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline 25YRSAGO

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 12:44:18 am »
Hey Ronnie,

Sounds like your attitude is pretty normal.  I waited 2 yrs. for SSDI, but then they paid me retro for the 2 yrs.  But I must say that I finally called the person assessing my medical history, which is over the top in many ways with plenty of evidence of disability, and I started bawling at them...yelling and whining...saying things like "What ARE YOU PEOPLE doing down there?  Are you trying to actually help anyone???  If a person with HIV for 20 yrs and now Avascular Necrosis in both shoulders and hips isn't good enough, then who the Hell are you helping??"...etc...etc.  I was approved the next day.  How about that.  Well, the story here is that you are surely not alone in this struggle.  Keep at it, be as persistent as you can. 

Also, make sure they are deducting medical expenses, and certain living expenses when evaluating your MedicAID.  This put me in the right category.  When Part D came along, however, it took me back out. 

Don't let these bedbugs bite. 
STRONG MIND, STRONG BODY, STRONG SPIRIT!!!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 06:54:55 am »
  Hey rond... regarding those notes from the internet , I have found if I read / memorize info that I want to convey to my docs. , then slip it into the conversation into the form of a question I get much better results . The trick is to make them think its they're idea . This seems to go down a bit better when dealing with a doctors ego .,,, By the way , Your bio reads very similar to mine ( that is if I wasn't to lazy to actually include one in my profile ) I was a barkeep for over 15 years .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 07:56:19 am »
Hey Ron,

Welcome aboard. This is an ongoing learning experience for all of us, isn't it?

Glad you've joined in.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:48:53 am »
  Hey rond... regarding those notes from the internet , I have found if I read / memorize info that I want to convey to my docs. , then slip it into the conversation into the form of a question I get much better results . The trick is to make them think its they're idea . This seems to go down a bit better when dealing with a doctors ego .,,, By the way , Your bio reads very similar to mine ( that is if I wasn't to lazy to actually include one in my profile ) I was a barkeep for over 15 years .

I have tears in my eyes...of joy...I have been reading some of your posts in other threads. I started laughing and had to walk away from the computer to recover.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 08:51:05 am »
Hey Ron,

Welcome aboard. This is an ongoing learning experience for all of us, isn't it?

Glad you've joined in.

HUGS,

Mark

I seem to learn something new every day. Now, if I can only retain and use it...then I will have learned something.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 08:56:06 pm »
Hey Ron,

Glad to have you with us! 

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline rondrond

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 12:02:48 am »
They say that you appreciate things more when you have to work for them. I used to chase the mail person down if when checking the mail box, there was no mail....hey..how dare you...certainly I'm worth at least a piece of junk mail? Now, I relish having an empty mailbox as when I get something, it is usually bad news or something that is going to make me have to work. Today I got two letters from Binder & Binder. They are moving my files to the office in Dallas, which means that my court hearing to determine my Disability is getting close. Upon calling my 'new' case worker I discover that I am living in a dream world again. Apparently, when given a one to two year wait for determination, I wasn't paying attention. Yes that was said, but the 'wait' doesn't start when I filed, or when I got my first denial, or even my second denial. It will start, after I receive a 20 day notice that I actually have a hearing scheduled. So after already waiting for 7 months, and while I thought that I was nearly out of the woods and wading through the Poppy field, I find that I still have another year or two. I immediately made a mental calculation of my remaining assetts and I still might make it, but it will be close. I have a unique opportunity up my sleeve for any emergency. My disabled sister, who lives with me and is my dependent, has approval to have an 'aide' come in for 15 hours a week and do her laundry, empty her potty bucket and help with her bathing and cleanliness. 10 years ago, I had approached them, since I was already doing these things after work, could I be paid. No, back then, they stated that a family member could not be paid for doing things that they considered I would do anyway. Now, that has changed, but in filing for SSDI, I am not supposed to be able to do ANY kind of work. I am in a Catch 22 here. So. I am 'waiting', but the good news is, I have a backup plan, of sorts, if my money starts to run low and there is no other solution presenting itself. (I just refuse to pauper myself over this. I have worked too hard for too many years just to not have anything left because they state that there are not enough judges) Maybe I need to re prioritize...I have been wrong before...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:35:40 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 09:11:44 am »
Rond, I'm not understanding things clearly (that's nothing new for me, trust, I can be slow on the uptake).  You have another year or two before your eligibility is determined?  I don't understand why that is. 

Well, on the good side, once approved, you should get a ton of back-pay.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 09:26:30 am »
They are telling me that I will be going before a judge who will determine if I get SSDI or not. Apparently, there are a shortage of judges and they are backlogged and that when they determine a date/opening for my case, I will get a letter 20 days before that date to 'get my house in order'...This court date before a judge could take one to two years as they are backlogged from this shortage of judges. I too, am just floored, You aren't slow, because I don't understand it either, this is why I hired Binder & Binder to take care of this for me as I couldn't even fill out the application. At least, not right away. I do have a college degree and could probably figure it out, eventually.I didn't make it to 55 and have what I have by being completely ignorant.  I just thought Binde/Binderr would be a fast, quick, easy way out and now....How is someone supposed to survive that long?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 02:51:30 pm »
Wow.  I'm really sorry you're having to go through all this.  I don't blame you for getting lawyers.  I truly hope they can move this along for you.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 05:06:52 pm »
ok, It's been a week since I joined. I have done a lot of reading and learning, and now, I have been 'approved' and have permission to start HIV meds and the pharmacy has been called and they have been ordered and will be here on thursday...two days from now...this is what I wanted,  so why are my arms numb and I am short of breath and my neck is feeling like it doesn't want to hold my head up so I can't move, becasue if I move I don't know what will happen to my stomach as it is balled up and aches and I am afraid that I am going to throw up...  and I feel that I want to cry...but this is what I wanted and I feel that I might just need to slow down and put on the brakes but this is what I wanted...I have never had a panic attack..is this a panic attack? why would I have a panic attack...this is what i wanted...I am sitting here and my whole body feels like it is being sucked upwards, I feel sick to my stomach...this is what i wanted...this is what i need..

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 05:43:19 pm »
 It seems like things are coming together for you . One thing I have found is no matter how long Ive been positive is that one bad day can make it seem all so new again .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 06:12:07 pm by jg1962 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 06:18:50 pm »
LOL, no gravity hasn't claimed my chest. ..let me relook...yep, everythings still where I remember it being....I have walked the house, retrieved the trash bin form the curb, checked the mail box and wolfed down a handful of pringles cheddar cheese chips and have been eyeballing the can of mixed nuts...stop it..dinner is around the corner....and in front of me is what probably set me off, a hospital bill for $20.000.00 from my DVT. ...nasty thing...we'll just put that on the bottom of this pile over here and come back to it...later..now,
thanks, humor is always appreciated, although now I find myself craving a nice set of nips...thanks a lot.. :P
I think I was just having a 'moment'....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 06:23:30 pm »
 I felt like an ass for making a joke while you were upset . so I joined you in your panic attack and modified my comment . hope you feel better . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 06:35:44 pm »
thanks, yes, I feel better. no apology is needed, I enjoy a sense of humor, sometimes it is all that gets me through some of the things that come around to knock me down.  I was going to pm you when I saw that you had edited so you wouldn't freak out.
Everything is coming together and I should have known that when Snow White is singing in the forest with the birds and dancing with Prince Charming that the wicked witch is coming around the corner. I now have to figure out how to convince them to write off this bill without turning it into a 'collection' thing...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 06:48:39 pm »
 I once ran up a huge bill a North Western Hospital in Chicago . I contacted a social worker at the hospital and she arranged for it to be written off . The worst that they can do to you is put you on a payment plan for what ever you can afford even if its a few dollars a month . Ironically a social worker once told me to never offer or except a payment plan if I truly cant pay the bill .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 07:03:14 pm »
guess i'll be calling them and throwing myself at their mercy. before taking them on though,i  have bloodwork on wednesday,  i still have my first dental appointment on thursday and picking up my HIV meds and then actually swallowing them. Then i will take on the rest of the world. it really pisses me off that I have been waiting for everything to happen... and waiting... and then it all happens... at once. I have to get up  earlier tomorrow so I can call and confirm the dental appt before noon,  as I will doing labs at that time...then I will rpobably be sitting arouind waiting again. 

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 09:07:22 pm »
Rond, I always appreciate humor.  It helps me daily. 

Medical bills can be written off, if you can't pay them.  I wouldn't worry too much about that.  It does sound like everything else is coming together.  Sometimes, when we're trying to get things done, we get caught up in the continuous energy of doing them.  Then, when they happen, we can tend to crash.  At least that's what happens with me.

Good luck to you.
  Luv,
Betty

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.