Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:54:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 235
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Poz you and Neg. your partner....  (Read 8279 times)

Offline egello

• cb
Poz you and Neg. your partner....
« on: February 14, 2007, 02:23:39 am »
Ok, please share your stories if this is you. Timeline, fights, break ups and feelings and etc..

Anyone experience a break up since going through aids hell?

I will say more after hearing about other people's personal stories.

Thanks

1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Poz you and Neg. your partner....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:13:21 am »
You will get more if you give more.... I got married.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 12:10:28 pm »
well, if i start this, i am going to sound like i am whinning little cry baby.

Offline Pippet

• Life is drawing without an eraser.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 10:37:43 pm »
I was in a long distance relationship when I found out I was poz.  Him in Ohio (and negative)  Me in Texas.  It would of been very easy for him to break it off with me.  Instead he packed up and moved south to help me get through it all.   I'm one of the lucky ones. 
This is all hard enough without adding the stress and complications of a bad relationship to the mix.

Wishing you happiness, Pippet

Diagnosed Aug. 2006
CD4 246, VL 202,000
Started Truvada/ Viramune 11-23-06
Taken off meds 12-06-06 (Bad Rash)
Started Truvada/ Reyataz, Norvir 1-18-07
Taken off Norvir 3-1-07 (Jaundice)
New doc 3-22-07
CD4 229  VL 1031
My latest cocktail...  Truvada and Kaletra (4-6-07)
CD4 289 VL 350 (5-15-07)
CD4 308 VL 115 (8-06-07)
CD4 349 VL 511 (11-5-07)
CD4 489 VL 383 (2-4-08)
CD4 483 VL <50 (5-6-08) YEAH
CD4 545 VL 108 (9-12-08)
CD4 409 VL <48 (1-27-09) YEAH
CD4 505 VL <48 (5-20-09)
CD4 385 VL <48 (9-15-09)
CD4 609 VL  159 (2-28-10)

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 11:18:19 pm »
Oh how I love this topic.  BF and I have been together nine years on April 15th of this year.  Two years ago, I tested poz while in the hospital dying of PCP and MAC.  I am typically a top with my partner and usually a bottom with tricks.  My partner and I never used a condom and I certainly did not use them with tricks since it felt better to go bare.  Stupid yes but hind site is 20/20 and in your early to mid 20's you are indestructable.....partner tested NEG and still does every six months to this day.

Anywho, we are still together, still have lots of sex (albeit protected anal now) however I will be the first to admit that it is only that way when I top him.  Otherwise we are fairly free spirited because frankly I was infected for A LONG ASS time and he took a lot of my fluids and he was still neg.  So now we limit the fluids and rule out the most dangerous of all sex (receptive anal without a condom).  And, I am happy to report that everything is OK.  However please note it took us a good year to get to this point mainly because I was terrified of infecting him!  But, we worked through it and so can you!

One odd thing that happened, we learned to slow down a bit, appreciate what we have, appreciate each other and our families.  For two guys in their late 20's in the rat race this was a sobering lesson.  So what if our cars are now 2-3 years old instead of brand new because we spend more time traveling and less time working.  So what if I have to buy my underwear at Macy's instead of Bloomingdales because we are busy sitting on the beach watching the sunset instead of working.  This is a shitty disease but some good can come of it. 

But, as rotten as this sounds, this may have actually been good for both of us.  We are more aware of our health, the world around us, current HIV issues in the gay community, I mean gosh meth and HIV are going to wipe out another entire generation of fags and NO ONE GIVES A DAMN and lastly we take better care of ourselves and each other.  We enjoy life more and worry less.  Life is short.  And true love is stronger than any damn virus!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:20:23 pm by sdcabincrew74 »
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 02:49:48 am »
can someone be physically (cooking and taking care... ) supportive but not emotionally?

Offline babygurl01

• Me and John
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 12:18:23 pm »
Well I am the faince of a poz man. I met him 3 years ago and fell madly in love with him. He told me 1 week into this realtionship and wouldn't even kiss me before he told me. Without hesitation, I told him that I would stick by him and not allow this "sickness" (that is what I call it) to come between us. I have been looking for this man for 31 years and I refuse to let him go because of this. I hope that everyone who reads this is encouraged!!!! ;)
Jodi M.

Offline babygurl01

• Me and John
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 12:26:23 pm »
I felt everything you said here. I have been with my bf for 2 years. He is poz, I am neg. We have been sexually active for the duration of our realtionship. We have unbelivably great sex, most of the time unprotected. I as well test neg every 6 months. True love? MOST DEF!!!! I have never in my life loved another man in my life as I love this man. Forever? OH HELL YES!!!! No matter how tough shit gets, I got this in the bag. I will never leave him!!!!
Jodi M.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 12:46:38 pm »
Welcome to our family.  But why oh why in the name of everything that is (considered by most but not me) holy, would you EVER expose yourself to HIV when you dont need to?

Keep in mind this is coming from an HIV positive man who much like your fiance met and married the love of his life post diagnosis and she is negative as well.

I could not bear the thought of her having to go through what I have to go through.  We have a very active sex life as well but we are always safe.  The virus should stop with him.  Please dont think it will "bring you closer" or any of that.  This is very troubling indeed.

I am truly happy you have found what you are looking for and most of your message is right.  But not the unprotected sex part.  Not at all.  However it is a moral decision and while I will not condone it i dont think you should be judged soley because of it.

By the way... you two are CUTE!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:58:53 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 12:56:03 pm »
Hi babygurl,

Welcome to the forum.

While what level of risk you take is totally up to you, I do hope you realise that just because you haven't been infected thus far does NOT guarantee that this will always be the case. Every time you have unprotected intercourse you are putting yourself at risk for hiv infection. If you know this and you are fine with this, that's fine by me. I know I wouldn't be doing the same if I were still hiv negative and in your shoes, I'd make sure we were using condoms. (I wouldn't leave the man I love over hiv infection, but I WOULD do what was necessary to stay negative.)

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 02:07:38 pm »
I felt everything you said here. I have been with my bf for 2 years. He is poz, I am neg. We have been sexually active for the duration of our realtionship. We have unbelivably great sex, most of the time unprotected. I as well test neg every 6 months. True love? MOST DEF!!!! I have never in my life loved another man in my life as I love this man. Forever? OH HELL YES!!!! No matter how tough shit gets, I got this in the bag. I will never leave him!!!!

Thanks for sharing so honestly.  I realize you are in love, but the fact that you aren't protecting yourself puzzles me.   I'd love to hear your reasoning for having unprotected sex and risking putting your health at risk.   

Just for the record I'm not judging you at all.   I know each couple has the absolute right to do what they will.  I feel love has clouded your judgement.  That's just how I feel cause I'd hate to see you end up HIV+ like me.   

Wesley   
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline playwithmeplz

• carpe momentum
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 03:35:50 pm »
You will get more if you give more.... I got married.
Congratulations!
Did your partner know while you were dating? How did you bring up the subject?

Offline playwithmeplz

• carpe momentum
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 03:37:27 pm »
Well I am the faince of a poz man. I met him 3 years ago and fell madly in love with him. He told me 1 week into this realtionship and wouldn't even kiss me before he told me. Without hesitation, I told him that I would stick by him and not allow this "sickness" (that is what I call it) to come between us. I have been looking for this man for 31 years and I refuse to let him go because of this. I hope that everyone who reads this is encouraged!!!! ;)
Very encouraging, thank you!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 03:43:54 pm »
Well Egello, I'm still wondering why you are asking, but ...

My 10-year partnership with a Neg Gay man came to end a few years ago, not because of HIV/AIDS but because we stopped communicating.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you want to know. My current Neg boyfriend and I seldom have disagreements, never fight, and that just comes with maturity. HIV doesn't factor into it in the least. We have different interests, and respect each other’s differences and boundaries. Again, you learn that through life experience and maturity.

Also, having our homogeneous sense of humour is a bonus.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Apollo

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 03:47:41 pm »
Well, hi. This is my first time coming out into the light about the aids thing.
Can anybody help try and boost my confidence?
-Apollo-

Offline Apollo

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 03:55:28 pm »
Ok, still stuck on Hi.
I'm 19 turning 20 in about two weeks. My past relationship sort of ended pertty harshly. I thought I would try talking to some people who could relate, you know?
-Apollo-
-Apollo-

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »
Apollo, glad your here.  You may consider starting your own thread to tell us more about yourself.  Are you HIV positive?  When did you find out?  Where ya from?  All that good stuff about you.
RIDE!!!

Offline Apollo

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 04:12:30 pm »
Well, ok
My first name is Kennedy. I'm 19 and my b-day is coming up.
I found out about 3 years ago and I'm from Ohio, still here :P
I have many stories about my ex- boyfriend, Danny, but you most likely don't want to here them.
-Apollo-

Offline bear60

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 04:21:04 pm »
Kennedy:
We I want to hear ALL OF YOUR stories but I suggest that if you want to start a new topic....like for instance.... HOW MY BOYFRIEND GAVE ME HIV....then just start a new topic.  These threads each have a subject and the subject of this one is neg and poz relationships.  I assume you were in one.
You can tell us more about yourself in your own topic.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Apollo

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 04:23:30 pm »
Ok, but first I want to now know more about you Bear...if that's ok.
That's kind of horrible that you partner gave it to you.
My stories are just argument after argument.
-Apollo-

Offline bear60

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 04:28:44 pm »
check your Private messages

Offline Apollo

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 04:34:51 pm »
Bear, not being rude or anything, but I have to log off.
My labtop is going to over heat.
I'll be back on tomorrow, after school, promise! ;D
-Apollo-

brandy04

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 09:02:24 pm »
I tested positive a year ago... My husband (to whom I've been married for 3 years) is negative... He seems to be very supportive, but he stopped having sex with me 6 mo ago... I tried to talk to him, I tried to be patient, creative, crazy, obidient... Nothing seems to work. Now, he says I have put him under too much of emotional pressure by constantly demanding sex... I do not know what to do... Is it because I'm HIV+? it's gotta be...

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 12:32:44 am »
Hi guys well since my diagnosis last year may my road was more like a rollercoaster but I withdrew from everything and everyone in my life to come to terms with the fact that I am hiv+. In the months that I have been on my own I went through the stages in asking if I will ever find someone or like I asked one of my friends who I disclosed my status to " who would want to be with me now specially that I have hiv".

His answer come as a surprise to me and it gave me hope as to the possibilities one can have. I excersise 5 times a week and started eating the correct foods and following a healthy lifestyle to the best I can afford.

In September last year I met this guy and been seeing him on a regular basis I went for more test and my labs weren't that good but then I disclosed my status to him and what do you know we see more of each other and he accepts me the way I am and with hiv. I am pos he is neg and it works like a bomb for the two of us. He has helped me in such a way that I thank God everyday for sending me this man to share my life with.

It is important to communicate with each other for it will improve your relationship and we do not hide anything from each other. Since the beginning not once did we have a disagreement and it is awesome not to fight. Always keep all channels open in a relationship to avoid confusion or misunderstanding from either side.

Love and Peace to all

Angel
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll
2012-04-23 CD4=847 VL=125 CD4%=29
06-02-2013 CD4=990 VL=<20 CD4%=28
05-07-2013 CD4=869 VL=<20 CD4%=30
05-12-2013 CD4=859 VL=262 CD4%=28
03-05-2014 CD4=743 VL=<20 CD4%=28
30-09-2014 CD4=291 VL=33 CD4% =30
24-02-2015 CD4 1065 VL=1814 CD4%=30
22-07-2015 CD4=974 VL=<20 CD4%=32
19-01-2016 CD4=940 VL=<30 CD4%=33
11-07-2016 CD4=646 VL=<30 CD4%=26
11-01-2017 CD4=749 VL=<30 CD4%=29
27-06-2017 CD4=948 VL=<30 CD4%=32
22-12-2017 CD4=824 VL=<30 CD4%=32
09-06-2018 CD4=1036 VL=<40 CD4%=31
12-01-2019 CD4=915 VL=<30 CD4%=31
28-05-2019 CD4=855 VL=<40 CD4%=28
24-06-2021 CD4=927 VL=<20 CD4%=33
04-12-2021 CD4=1240 VL=<20 CD4%=34
25-06-2022 CD4=1408 VL=<40 CD4%=33
04-01-2023 CD4=982 VL=<20 CD4%=31
27-05-2023 CD4=1096 VL=<<40 CD4%=32

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 01:55:47 am »
My last serious relationship was quite odd.  It was long distance... like quite long -- something I'd always mocked in others and swore I'd never, ever do.  I was on my way to dinner in Manhattan during the sixth year post-diagnosis and upon exiting the subway my eyes locked on a large, 240 lb muscular man with a shaved head, visiting from London, but born and raised in Nigeria.

Frankly I've never been a muscular obsessed person, but I was attracted to his size 14 feet.  We stared, then we talked, then I told him to meet me at some bar nearby in a few hours.  Dunno... for what was supposed to be a sleazy lay we hit it off royally and I connected with him for the next three years unlike anyone I ever had previously.  Fortunately we both had similar incomes and were able to  arrange visits about every other month, either in NYC or London or sometimes a 3rd place.  I used a LOT of those cheap phone cards that were out around the time, surprisingly you could call London for 5 cents/minute. 

Oh... right, he was negative.  I disclosed to him on like the 3rd day after we had met, but after we'd had sex for those few days.  He actually wasn't phased by it and had dated other positive guys, a benefit of dating someone from an international large city like London.  Two of his best friends were positive.

He could always tell when I lied, and never let me get away with my normally overly manipulative mannerisms unlike most guys who I seem to steamroll over.  He could also be a nasty brute and out bitch me by ten times, and you'd never expect it if you met him. 

Then came the moment when one of us needed to make the decision to move to the other's city and formalize the partnership, and I seriously was the one considering moving to London when he suddenly insisted I'd hate it and he didn't want to do it... blah blah blah.  The whole thing started triggering my first panic attacks, and when I first began seeing a therapist he wasn't very supportive because he thought I was sitting in a room with a shrink ragging on our private issues, which of course I was.  I needed to sort out things in my head and my health was suffering from it all so I cut it all off kind of suddenly.

We're still friends, though the first year after breaking up wasn't pleasant.  And no, we do not have sex when we see each other.  Oh, plus he was always trying to fist me and I just can't do that... so unfitting.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 02:23:41 am »
so uncertain relationship and not 100 percent sure relationship will cause immune depression?

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 02:27:51 am »
I tested positive a year ago... My husband (to whom I've been married for 3 years) is negative... He seems to be very supportive, but he stopped having sex with me 6 mo ago... I tried to talk to him, I tried to be patient, creative, crazy, obidient... Nothing seems to work. Now, he says I have put him under too much of emotional pressure by constantly demanding sex... I do not know what to do... Is it because I'm HIV+? it's gotta be...

hmm.. maybe,
maybe because of HIV, he doesn't see the complete future with two of you, subconsciously , so he may not be even trying?

what would happen if you look to outside the relationship ? As a man, i just don't think i could go on for more than two months without some sort of sexual contact that is if i was physically able to.

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 02:30:53 am »

want to do it... blah blah blah.  The whole thing started triggering my first panic attacks, and when I first began seeing a therapist he wasn't very supportive because he thought I was sitting in a room with a shrink ragging on our private issues, which of course I was.  I needed to sort out things in my head and my health was suffering from it all so I cut it all off kind of suddenly.

wait, philly, thats not what a shrink is for? I am meeting one next week, and it seems everything I am planning to complain to him is about relationship and my problem with it. Its just so unfair.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 02:42:22 am »
wait, philly, thats not what a shrink is for? I am meeting one next week, and it seems everything I am planning to complain to him is about relationship and my problem with it. Its just so unfair.

Well, Mr. Nigeria also thought Americans used shrinks too much and just liked to whine... or "whinge" as he would say.  At a certain point I found him becoming horribly unsympathetic to things I was dealing with HIV-wise, and it was mostly culturally based as he was raised around and saw what real suffering is like.  There was an extreme disconnect, since I grew up in a country club, but I digress.  He still enjoyed shopping at Harvey Nichols as much as I did, and always demanded hundreds of dollars worth of Kiehls moisturizers whenever I visited.  Fucking prima donna.  And of course I encouraged all of it.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline srmn98

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 08:55:25 pm »
Hello All,

I'm trying to date ... for the first time since being diagnosed in October of 2006. He is negative, I (female) am positive. I disclosed before anything happened.

At times, it is exciting. Passionate. Fulfilling.  Other times, it is difficult. It is sad. It is challenging to let go of the fear and allow yourself to fall in love, if that is even the case. It is difficult to not focus on the fear instead of the good. Some days I feel elated, optimistic of a growing love and attachment. Other days, it is depressing and sad that this virus might not allow a relationship to grow as it otherwise might. For as much as you might find a common thread with somebody, HIV always remains in the back of both of your heads. Research tells me I will not expose him if we are safe sexually. Irrational fear tells me to just turn around and walk away, exposing another person simply is not worth the risk, no matter how small.

And the simple naked truth of the whole situation is that dating with HIV is difficult. I now understand why some choose to abstain or to only date other positive people. Fear of hurting somebody you love it just too painful.

Sometimes I try to put myself in his position. I can barely imagine the choice. And therefore I suppose I can imagine the outcome.

I hope somebody out there can tell me it gets easier.

s

Offline bear60

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 10:41:18 pm »
Hey Egello...
Come over here and BITE ME BABY.

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 11:11:10 pm »
Hey Egello...
Come over here and BITE ME BABY.

hrmmmm i do get into mature hairy bear types.... where in particular place should i bite?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.