Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:28:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772782
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 223
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 'Baby Jane'--what was I thinking?  (Read 12045 times)

Offline Basquo

'Baby Jane'--what was I thinking?
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:03:27 pm »
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? is just starting...and tomorrow my cable is downgraded to where I don't get TCM. This is in exchange for my new DSL, I just can't swing DSL and that much cable.  But WHAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm gonna miss it! :'(

Offline Teresa

Re: 'Baby Jane'--what was I thinking?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:44:33 pm »
Oh man i couldnt live without TCM. Love the oldies. So sorry u dont have it anymore.

Will think of you while im watching

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 10:49:46 pm »
I loved that movie.........the first fifty times!
Sorry Basque...  I know the feeling sweetheart! ::)Worse.. I have Dial Up...
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 12:00:52 am »
I'm writing a letter to Daddy.........
Love all of her movies.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:40:27 am »
"I told you so Blanche"?  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 01:05:48 am »
But you are, Blanche. You ARE in that chair :)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 02:28:53 pm »
"Blanche, ya didn't eatcha din-din!"

Dude, if you haven't read this book, get down to the bookstore, or order online.  It's a great read about these two uber-divas.  I especially enjoyed reading about how they tried to sabotage each other during the filming of this campfest.  During a scene where Davis had to carry Crawford, I believe Crawford would hide extra weights in her clothes and intentionally flub a scene, so Davis would have to do it over and over.

Of course, then in a scene where Davis had to kick Crawford, she would wear really pointy shoes and intentionally flub the scene so she could kick Crawford over and over.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059512027X/sr=8-1/qid=1149185937/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9838535-0846540?%5Fencoding=UTF8http://

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 02:57:10 pm »
I love my Oldies...I recently saw Valley of the Dolls with the running commentary ... Loved the part where the character poured booze into the pool "to Disinfect it ' 
Ofcourse if you were a TRUE fan, you'd own the DVD....   
I always thought they could do a remake of that one, considering the current crop of child stars in Hollywood and their notorious bad behavior.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 05:45:04 pm »
I had it on vhs... /sigh  I'm such a loser.

I recently tossed it.. well.. because i don't have a vhs player anymore.    Methinks I do need the dvd to earn back some gafaggle points.

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 09:57:51 am »

Lwood:  Actually...they did remake the movie.  The Redgrave sisters remade it in the early 80s I think.  Lynn was Blanche and Vanessa was Baby Jane.  It was okay...some of the plot changed but the basic theme of course remained intact.

Oh I found this balled up piece of paper in the driveway the other day:
"Please call Dr. Shelby at OL6-5156 and ask him to come here to the house immediately.  Under no circumstances let my sister see the contents of this note."
Blanche Hudson - famout star of stage and screen

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 05:57:03 pm »
Jonathan,

" you wouldn't do that for me if I weren't crippled?"

But you are Blanche, you are
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 05:59:43 pm »
"cameras?"

"Did I hear you say : cameras?"
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 06:28:16 pm »
If I werer a cat person ( Which Im NOT )  Id seriously consider naming one 'Baby Jane'.  how perfect.
I just read that the anniversary edition of Mommie Dearest has come out on DVD, add that to the shopping list boys....
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.