Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:11:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 252
Total: 253

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: my risky exposure  (Read 27006 times)

Offline laora

• Standard
Re: my risky exposure
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 01:45:04 pm »
AND ALSO IT IS NOT A PROVEN FACT THAT HIV CNAT BE TRANSFERD THROUGH SALIVA

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »
Laora,

For a start, TAKE YOUR CAP LOCKS OFF AND STOP SHOUTING AT US!!!!

This case was highly unusual and involved a lot of blood. The next time you get a blowjob and someone bites the head of your dick off, let us know. Because this guy had the whole nail bitten/torn off his thumb - he didn't get his thumb or dick sucked.

Saliva is not infectious. End of story.

You are still under a second time out WARNING!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »
M RLY SORRY MADAM......PLZ DNT MAKE ME TIME OUT.....IT IS WRITTEN THERE THAT “The son had pulled out the thumb nail of his father. Since the wound was raw, the virus could enter easily,” said Dr Alaka Deshpande, who runs the Centre of Excellence ART clinic at JJ hospital. The patient had come to her last year.......THE SON WAS HIV POSITIVE.....THE BLOOD WAS HIS FATHER'S NOT OF SON....SO SALIVA MIXED WITH FRESH BLOOD OF FATHER....SO CUM HIS FATHER WAS INFECTED? IF SALIVA IS NOT INFECTOUS!!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »
I agree with one thing you state.

SALIVA IS NOT INFECTIOUS!!

I am not going to debate the merits of an ancient patient report. If you do not like the answers you get here, please continue your search elsewhere.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »
There's no reason for you to be hanging around here and attempting to argue with us. You didn't have a risk. You don't have to accept that evaluation. But we are not going to waste time with more back and forths with you.

As JK suggested, go elsewhere if you are not happy with the information you are getting here. HIV is not your problem.

I am giving you your second Time Out. This time it is for 56 days. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new account. We'll spot that right and it will get you banned permanently from this site.

HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline laora

• Standard
fingering
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:22 am »
yesterday i fingered a CSW with a cut on my finger..it was 3 hrs old.after fingering when i pressed it sharply it bleeds.....can i get HIV?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2011, 12:27:53 pm »
Laora,

You've been coming here for a year now and you should know that fingering is NOT a risk for hiv infection, regardless of cuts, scrapes or hangnails on your fingers.

Not one person has EVER been infected through fingering and you will NOT be the first.

Don't even think about coming back with more questions about this latest NO RISK situation. You have run out of time outs and this time, you will be permanently banned.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2011, 01:15:35 pm »
today i have a protected vaginal sex and also i give cunnilingus by covering my tongue with a condom,but while giving oral sex although my tongue was covered but my lips were not covered which come in touch with the outside layer of vagina which was wet when my tongue went inside da vagina and the lips touched the opening skin of vagina.....can i get HIV?

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »
m asking about cunnilingus only

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 01:59:00 pm »
Again you never had an exposure.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2011, 03:06:47 pm »
You are again worrying needlessly. The area of the vagina which might have HIV+ fluids if the woman is positive is the cervical area, far up in the vaginal cavity. Your tongue would not be reaching that area.

Stop creating unnecessary worries for yourself. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2011, 10:09:22 pm »
thnaks...but fluid from cervical area cab roll down to the opening of the vagina.....cant it?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 10:13:52 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2011, 05:42:10 am »
then why the doctors of medhelp DR H HUNTER,DR SEAN etc are saying cunnilingus is very low risk but here you are saying no risk.....even in the study of HIV+ & - couples they were on medicine that will suppress the viral load and reduce the risk to a great extent..withot medicine the risk will improves a lot...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2011, 08:49:03 am »
"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

That is what he actually says.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2011, 09:21:54 am »
You were not at risk...again.

And I am giving you one last warning about coming here over a non-risk. You've been here long enough to know what is risky: unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it.

If you come back with more arguments you are going to find yourself getting a permanent ban from the site. Use condoms everytime for intercourse and you will be well protected. Yes, it really is that simple.
Andy Velez

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2011, 10:59:46 am »
today i have slept with a CSW,,,,no oral sex no vaginal sex....only i lick her nipples,,,m nt sure was there breast milk or not.so if there was breast milk was there HIV risk??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2011, 11:45:10 am »
An adult is not at risk for sucking nipples even if the woman is lactating. Only an infant whose immune system has not become active would be at risk for HIV tranmission by sucking a nipple.

As an adult your immune system protects you very effectively in that situation. In addition your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effective prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

You are worrying needlessly. And you have been coming here long enough to know what is risky and what isn't. You need to apply what we have told you in the past to your ongoing sexual experiences instead of coming here as if we have never talked with you before about risks and non-risks.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:46:48 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2011, 12:02:33 pm »
actualy i was quite puzzled as in medhelp forum DR SEaN and some of them sometimes say tat breast milk can transfer hiv bt low risk.....so r u telling me NO RISK>?no need to test?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:42 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline laora

• Standard
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2011, 12:11:10 pm »
DR HOOK has said
Even if your exposure resulted in ingestion of breast milk your risk of HIV is very, very low.  Here is why:

1.  Statistically most exotic dancers are not HIV infected.
2.  Even if she was, ingestion of breast milk is low risk, analogous to oral sex.  The odds of getting HIV from oral sex (sorry there are no data on adults taking in breast milk) are estimated to be less than 1 in 10,000 IF your partner is infected.  Some experts go so far as to say there is no risk from oral sex.  Thus by analogy, ingestion of a few drops of breast milk would similarly be an almost no risk exposure.   

If you are nervous about this exposure, testing would be fine.  The test will almost certainly be negative.  Given the very low risk nature of your exposure, I would say that you could certainly be tested at 8 rather than 12 weeks and have great confidence in the result., At eight weeks following exposure 98-99% of all tests that are going to be positive will be - the extra month only picks up the last percent or so of positives..  Hope this helps.  EWH ...so he is saying tat still dere is a risk...m confused...so plz clarify me..plz

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2011, 12:16:25 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2011, 06:02:09 am »
Laora,

Not one adult has ever been infected with hiv through breast milk. Only tiny babies who depend on breast milk as their sole source of nourishment are at risk from breast milk, and even those babies are not guaranteed to become infected.

If you put so much stock in the replies of the doctors over at the Body or MedHelp or where ever, I suggest you write to them instead of us in future. You'll have to anyway, because I'm giving you that permanent time out you've been warned about.

Remember to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv infection. Also remember to get yearly sexual health check ups, as the other STIs are MUCH more easily transmitted than hiv and many of them can be present with no obvious symptoms. The only way to know the true state of your sexual health is regular testing.

And please seek out the help of a mental health care professional. We cannot help you with your hiv phobia here.

You've been coming here long enough now to have been educated on what is and is not a risk for hiv infection. If we haven't gotten through to you by now, I see no hope for getting through to you in future. You are now permanently banned.

Ann

edited to add... While setting up your ban, I discovered that you have also been posting as mau and you set that account up during your (as laora) Time Out this past autumn. Your Time Out as mau was due to expire tomorrow, but you are now permanently banned under both names.

Please get the professional mental health care you so obviously need. We cannot provide you with that here and we will not tolerate multiple accounts set up to feed your paranoias and irrational fears.

Please let this be a warning to the rest of you who use this forum. You WILL be permanently banned for creating new accounts. We might not catch you right off, but catch you - and BAN you - we will.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:26:32 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.