Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:39:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Whitney Houston: Dead  (Read 40195 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Whitney Houston: Dead
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2012, 01:59:57 pm »
TMZ now has pictures of her corpse being wheeled down a hotel corridor on a gurney -- keep it classy L.A.! ::)

More details indicate that she pulled one of my old tricks and took too many benzos with booze while bathing.

She also crashed an E! News interview several days ago acting -- er... -- erratic. Such glamor! Beverly Hills, Darling! Shi shi shi shi!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:02:35 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »
TMZ now has pictures of her corpse being wheeled down a hotel corridor on a gurney -- keep it classy L.A.! ::)

More details indicate that she pulled one of my old tricks and took too many benzos with booze while bathing.

I threw out all of my benzo's about 2 yrs ago. that's some very nasty stuff, when mixed with booze and whatever else, I'm glad I did to  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2012, 02:08:15 pm »

She also crashed an E! News interview several days ago acting -- er... -- erratic. Such glamor! Beverly Hills, Darling! Shi shi shi shi!

Looks like the tabloids are having a field day  :o
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2012, 02:09:20 pm »

I hope it is moments like this that people remember and not her low points

zaklee.

In my mind she will always be the gorgeous and classy lady in this image.

And here's an image from the film that she completed recently, a remake of Sparkle.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2012, 02:14:32 pm »
If I mix klonopin with bourbon and then doze off then my sleep apnea sometimes causes me to choke on my own vomit.

Offline denb45

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2012, 02:16:09 pm »
If I mix klonopin with bourbon and then doze off then my sleep apnea sometimes causes me to choke on my own vomit.

::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2012, 02:28:06 pm »
Here's my fave.

Stunning.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2012, 03:55:58 pm »
linky

Bobbi Kristina was just taken to the hospital for the second time in 24 hours.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2012, 05:11:18 pm »
As I noted earlier, I am sure she is devastated.  Hope she makes it OK.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2012, 01:55:06 am »

Someone said to me earlier today - "isn't that the woman who sang My Heart Will Go On?" Nooooooooo..... puhLEEZE!

I loathe Celine Dion with unparalleled intensity. Her voice brings bile up my throat. I usually don't dislike people easily (especially without knowing anything about them), but I have no feelings other than visceral hate for Celine. I enjoy it too. And I refuse to change. It's very therapeutic for me actually. And a bit retarded. LOL.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2012, 12:29:26 pm »
I HOPE THAT EVERYONE IS WATCHING WHITNEY'S FUNERAL LIVE ON TELEVISION -- NEWARK, NJ IN DA MUTHAFUCKIN HOUSE!

ps: is Bobby there?

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2012, 12:30:53 pm »
Yes Bobby just arrived about 15mins ago
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33:05 pm »
You know they threw him major shade and didn't invite him to attend until 48 hours ago.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
Yes Bobby just arrived about 15mins ago

How about her 80's era lesbian lover Robyn Crawford?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2012, 12:57:47 pm »
How about her 80's era lesbian lover Robyn Crawford?

Chile, I'm surprised no one had mentioned her up to this point.  Pull down the shade!
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:16 pm »
Chile, I'm surprised no one had mentioned her up to this point.  Pull down the shade!

Or about how Ms. Houston used to fly to Chicago to have playtime with Kelly McGillis -- and you know the rumor was that sometimes Jody Foster would show up.

And you know Queen Latifah must be floating around somewhere -- I mean she controls lesbianism in the Garden State.

And you know post-divorce Bobby didn't help with this Bobby Brown: The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But... mentions of rug munching.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:07:02 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »
Or about how Ms. Houston used to fly to Chicago to have playtime with Kelly McGillis -- and you know the rumor was that sometimes Jody Foster would show up.

Jody Foster is gay?  OEMGEE!   ::)

Kelly McGillis always gave me the impression of being of the carpet muncher persuasion, even though she often denied it and was married like twice or three times. 

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2012, 01:28:44 pm »

Hey c'mon guys... today is Whitney's day according to the preacher.  I say we have a candle light vigil of sorts:

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 02:30:55 pm »
Live stream of Whitney Houston's funeral: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/whitney-houston-funeral/
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »
LADIES & GENTLEMEN MISS DIONNE HAS ARRIVED!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »
Love this pastor speaking now! Hallelooyer! He's rockin it like a southern black baptist!

Can I get an Amen!

Edite to add: Oh Look, Chris (fatty boobalatty) Christie is theree and taking up 2 pews.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:42:29 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2012, 04:17:48 pm »
I'm having SUCH a Whitney day -- five hours of the "Going Home" faux funeral, and now endless Whitney videos on FUSE channel, then at 7 PM a BET special, and at 8 PM "The Bodyguard" -- and last night as I was drifting off to sleep I watched "The Preacher's Wife" ::)

... and I'm not even a Whitney fanatic. In fact, her only album I own was the debut one and I bought it used at a thrift shop in college.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:10 pm »

It was such a beautiful service.... 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2012, 04:26:36 pm »
The exit was amazing.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2012, 05:31:46 pm »
I'm having SUCH a Whitney day -- five hours of the "Going Home" faux funeral, and now endless Whitney videos on FUSE channel, then at 7 PM a BET special, and at 8 PM "The Bodyguard" -- and last night as I was drifting off to sleep I watched "The Preacher's Wife" ::)

... and I'm not even a Whitney fanatic. In fact, her only album I own was the debut one and I bought it used at a thrift shop in college.

I missed the entire service.  Been at the movies all day doing the Oscars marathon (4 movies today and 5 next week).  Right now I'm watching The Tree of Life.  I soooooo love this movie.  Oh, I did listen to Whitney's first album as I drove to the theatre. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2012, 05:54:36 pm »
I missed the entire service.  Been at the movies all day doing the Oscars marathon (4 movies today and 5 next week).  Right now I'm watching The Tree of Life.  I soooooo love this movie.  Oh, I did listen to Whitney's first album as I drove to the theatre. 

1) you never go to an actual cinema, you stream everything. Stop the lies. You're becoming like Wumpy. I hope you didn't eat that nasty popcorn and gorge on fake nachos.

2) Tree of Life was rather quasi-meh IMO.

3) I'm listening to the Twilo/Vasquez mix of "I Learned from the Best"

4) I have a call out to obtain a copy of Vasquez's rendition of "Fine" which is oh-so-very. I think I have a copy on a CD-R but am too lazy to dig in the closet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:56:43 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »
That funeral was ALMOST better than Annie's in Imitation of Life with Mahalia Jackson, brass band, 4 white horses, Lana Turner and Sandra Dee.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2012, 06:56:04 pm »
1) you never go to an actual cinema, you stream everything. Stop the lies. You're becoming like Wumpy. I hope you didn't eat that nasty popcorn and gorge on fake nachos.

2) Tree of Life was rather quasi-meh IMO.

3) I'm listening to the Twilo/Vasquez mix of "I Learned from the Best"

4) I have a call out to obtain a copy of Vasquez's rendition of "Fine" which is oh-so-very. I think I have a copy on a CD-R but am too lazy to dig in the closet.

1) You're right about me rarely ever going to the movies, but I had a gift card for AMC and I figured it'd be a good way to kill the weekend.  I thought War Horse was boring, Moneyball was just ok, and Tree of Life (which I had seen last Summer) was still as good as I thought the first time around.

2) Hell to the naw on movie popcorn, I hate that shit.  I brought some tangerines and blue chips to eat.  I am however having a Black Forest milkshake at the ultra pedestrian Johnny Rockets during the break.  The Descendants starts at 7:30.

3) It was funny hearing some of these fools' reactions at the end of TOL.  Someone actually said "what the fuck".  I was like, chile please go watch that dreck with Channing Tatum instead. 

4) I am going to need those Whitney remixes of "Fine".

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2012, 06:58:56 pm »
Tree of life was a snore fest. Though I think I might have loved it had I been tripping on acid.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »

4) I am going to need those Whitney remixes of "Fine".

I just scored it in my dropbox -- want some?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2012, 07:28:17 pm »
I just scored it in my dropbox -- want some?

Muuuuuaaaahhh  :-*

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2012, 08:06:16 pm »
The exit was amazing.
i finally busted out in tears on that part. boy did they have that perfectly choreographed with the music - much less those lyrics for that part of the service. wow. RIP Whitney  :'(
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2012, 08:08:06 pm »
ruh roh... looks like Bobby bailed on the funeral after all. Now that's just sad.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2012, 10:49:49 pm »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:55:48 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2012, 10:56:55 pm »
ruh roh... looks like Bobby bailed on the funeral after all. Now that's just sad.

Well...it's his prerogative

All because of seating arrangements... After he shows up with an entourage of nine.  Please.   Every Little Step he makes is just tacky.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2012, 11:05:55 pm »

All because of seating arrangements... After he shows up with an entourage of nine.  Please.   Every Little Step he makes is just tacky.

I wish Rev Sharpton would have told him dont be cruel
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2012, 11:13:30 pm »
I wish Rev Sharpton would have told him dont be cruel

He wouldn't have paid any attention.  He's always too busy Humpin' Around.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2012, 11:29:38 pm »
He wouldn't have paid any attention.  He's always too busy Humpin' Around.

Ok now you're getting into the crappy years.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:11 pm »
OK, she was a great singer and it is awful that she died so young, but I am so completely over this 24x7 coverage of her death.  You can't turn the TV on and not see Whitney within a couple of minutes -- it's way over the top.  I hope the funeral ends it. 

I suppose one good thing is with all the Whitney coverage, there has been less GOP primary coverage.

Mike

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2012, 11:35:36 pm »
Ok now you're getting into the crappy years.

When was he not crappy?  With the exception of the "Don't Be Cruel" single (and to some extent "On Our Own") he pretty much sucked.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2012, 02:24:14 am »
I loathe Celine Dion with unparalleled intensity. Her voice brings bile up my throat. I usually don't dislike people easily (especially without knowing anything about them), but I have no feelings other than visceral hate for Celine. I enjoy it too. And I refuse to change. It's very therapeutic for me actually. And a bit retarded. LOL.

What?!  Celine gets a bad rap, because she can sing everyone's songs better than they do.  This really brings bile to your throat? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfcdrUDQ_tc

I missed the funeral today.  We did watch some of the pre-coverage though.  It did make me wonder what they would have covered today, if not for this.  When they do non-stop coverage of something like this (not saying it wasn't news worthy), it always makes me think what they would have covered must not be all that important. 

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2012, 03:58:11 am »
What?!  Celine gets a bad rap, because she can sing everyone's songs better than they do.  This really brings bile to your throat? 

Yeah, my hatred for her has intensified since my diagosis actually, lol. I think it's somewhat similar to skeebo despising 'love is in the air'.

Oh god, imagine Celine singing that. CRINGE!!
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:03 pm »
From Whitney Houston Wardrobe, Personal Owned Black Beaded Evening Gown Dress

puh-leaze. I saw 6 of those on the clearance rack at Target last week (and am wearing one right now).

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2012, 07:15:04 pm »
I didn't watch it. I hate funerals. I don't even want to attend my own.

Offline denb45

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2012, 07:21:51 pm »
I didn't watch it. I hate funerals. I don't even want to attend my own.

Don't worry, you won't be attending your own funeral, you'll be DEAD  ;D

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2012, 07:27:29 pm »
Don't worry, you won't be attending your own funeral, you'll be DEAD  ;D

I'm arranging it so no one finds my body.

Offline denb45

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2012, 07:49:33 pm »
I'm arranging it so no one finds my body.

1800 degrees for 4 to 6 hours, and I assure you they won't find anything but dust & ash  ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »
I've left instructions for this to be played as my casket is carried out of the chapel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4q4xZ0GGo

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.