Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:02:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 193
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating thread: Part XXI- March right in and kick some ass  (Read 66491 times)

Offline Snowangel

Re: Dating thread: Part XXI- March right in and kick some ass
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2008, 10:00:18 am »
Morning everyone-
Masshole is a loving term  :-\ for the people or drivers from Massachusetts.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Cheetara74

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2008, 11:12:56 am »
Morning everyone-
Masshole is a loving term  :-\ for the people or drivers from Massachusetts.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Snow

LOL

Good morning everyone.  Greetings from New Jersey... ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2008, 11:58:22 am »
Good Morning----

It looks nice out but haven't been out in it yet. I got woken up by the noise of men doing work to the apartment next door. I got pay a few bills and go to the doctor but that's about it for me. I haven't watched the last episode of the Wire, I will do that a bit later. Betty, I got Prince in my cd player and Erotic City is the first song, I have 15 songs total.

Lucifer is in my lap demanding some love, I will get back later....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2008, 03:45:28 pm »
Afternoon ladies:

Well, it's in the 30's and grey now.  I just woke up from a nap.  I was still tired from this weekend; and still am a little.  Nothing really happening today.  I paid some bills, did a little grocery shopping and got lunch at Long John Silver's, cause sometimes only Long John's fish will do. 

I have not seen the last episode of 'The Wire' yet, so anyone who has, please don't let the cat out of the bag.  I will probably watch it tonight.  Of course, I'll post when I do. 

Keepingfaith, whether you wear a condom or not is a very personal choice.  Myself, if I'm fucking someone who's poz, I don't use them.  If I'm not, I do.  I don't think there's a solid right or wrong. 

Queen, please let us know how the doctor visit goes today. 

Other than that ladies, I'm sure I'll check back in later-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2008, 04:00:04 pm »
Win- We are getting there, its going to 50 tomorrow.  Geez, I don't know what Im gonna do. Oh, I know drive back and forth to school and...nothing.   I hope you are enjoying the new baby too, I didn't mean to leave you out when I posted earlier.

LOL It is 41 windy and rainy right now. The weather changes pretty quickly here sometimes.
Amber is over here with the baby right now doing their laundry.

Just a question to everyone. I know that we are supposed to have sez with condoms "safer sex" I was just wondering would it hurt to start of with out a condom and put one on mid way or may if he pulled out. Just asking.
Putting a condom on midway wouldn't stop him from getting infected. It might minimise the chance of you getting pregnant but it wouldn't do anything to stop him or you from getting an STD.

I don't always use condoms with a poz partner unless he has other STD's or he insist on it but that is my choice.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2008, 04:42:58 pm »
I was just asking. My b/f is poz also. I just hear so much about reinfection and other stuff like that.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2008, 05:09:24 pm »
There has probably only been a dozen cases of "cross-resistant" type infections from poz-to-poz via sex. Mostly, we develop our own resistance.  Especially if both your viral loads are undetectable.  Like I said, if the other person I'm fucking is poz, I don't ever use a condom.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2008, 05:24:51 pm »
  Like I said, if the other person I'm fucking is poz, I don't ever use a condom.
Me either.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2008, 07:32:17 pm »
I was just asking. My b/f is poz also. I just hear so much about reinfection and other stuff like that.

Hi Faith,

If you're both poz and monogamous, you don't need the condoms unless you're using them for birth control. My bf and I are both poz (he's the source of my virus) and we don't use them. He's on meds and undetectable, I'm not on meds. I'm not worried about reinfection (it's RARE) and neither of us is sleeping with other people (um, this time around! ::) so I'm not worried about other STIs either.

I've said it before... poz on poz rocks! ;D

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2008, 08:53:03 pm »
Evening ladies:

Nothing exciting to report.  Just wanted to check in.

Queen, I tried to watch 'The Wire' on demand, but it's not going to be available on there until 03/10.  So I guess we'll just have to wait until Sunday night to see the end.  Damn.  BTW, how did your doctor's appointment go today?  That was today, right?

Ann's right about poz on poz sex.  It's extremely sensual.   As well it should be.

Well ladies, I'm going to check out a few other threads and who knows, maybe check in later-

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2008, 08:54:41 pm »
You know, its nice to tell the truth about not using condoms with my partner without being treated like a dumb ass once I've admitted it.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2008, 09:24:20 pm »
Hey, it's time to start another thread. Who is up for the challenge? This one flew by quick to me. Nothing eventful happened today. My primary doctor cancelled on me and I rescheduled my depo shot once again. Just til tomorrow, I couldn't help it. It was so nice here today, it was 65 degrees. I threw my walkman on and walked to the store listening to Prince. I could've went across the street but chose the store 6 blocks down. I even got hit on when I walked past one of the watering holes...*LOL* Maybe it was because I had some makeup on, I had put it on for the doctor's appointment but left it on when I went to the store. Now it is rainy out and we're suppose to have more snow. I'm glad I bought myself a nice warm jacket today... ;D

I still haven't heard back from Sue but instead got a call from my case manager, Ms. Twice A Week. I now sense that she has a bit of a tude cause she is now figuring out I don't want to be bothered with her ass. What is disturbing to me is that I am being ignored for asking for another case manager when I know they just hired a new one. Her name is Michelle and I heard she does a great job. Ms. Twice A Week droned on about if I had gotten with a therapist yet. I explained the story once again to her and told her I would like to go to a therapist at the hospital close to my house if they have one. She was still talking about trying the place that I have been getting frustrated with. But she said she would find out about the hospital. But I can't help but be pissed about my request for a new case manager being ignored.

Other than that, nothing else going on. I am watching wrestling and will be going back to Warcraft shortly.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2008, 10:40:49 pm »
Retracted after seeing Ann's statement.....   :-\

Massachusetts asshole is what I believe the phrase refers to, because of the people up there, which I of course love!   ;D  Traveled up that way once, love the "accents" too!
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.