Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread No 43: Strike a woman - you strike a rock..  (Read 58482 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Ladies Thread No 43: Strike a woman - you strike a rock..
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2008, 09:43:15 am »
Morning ladies,

Angel, you're getting married next year?  That's exciting!  And you might be able to move abroad, aye? You've got some good things going on in your life.  Don't let HIV bring you down.  There are bigger things than HIV.

Wendy, I don't think I've ever had a 10 year rule. The guy I married when I was 24 was in his 40's.   I love your laundry couch. I take my laundry to the laundermat. It's a pain, but I keep telling myself "they all get done at once."    I'm sure you'll be ecstatic to see Billy.  I'm glad he's going to be back home for ya.

Queen, our ASO has never had a program for people to get furniture with.  And people can only use their rental assistance programs for four years.  There just isn't any money to be had in Indiana for stuff like that.  I'm glad you'll be going to the Y.  Does your Y there base what you pay them on what you make?  I heard something like that before and really need to check it out.  If they do, I'll be right there with you with the bitching. :D  And yes, I saw the democratic convention when Michelle Obama spoke.  She's an excellent speaker.  I missed it last night when Hillary spoke.

Mum, I've never gotten my check on the 1st.  Mine has always come on the 3rd.  I know what you mean about money flying out the door.  I'm glad I don't have to pay property taxes.  They went ridiculously high in Indiana at the beginning of the year.  Supposedly they put a tax cap on them.  My landlord told me just for the property I live in, they went up $1000 a year. 

Cin, and hour and 35 minutes for 37 fucking miles?  Wow.  I don't have much patience for traffic slow-downs.  On my way home from my volunteer job yesterday, there's a long road they're paving and traffic was down to one way both ways.  It was slower than shit.  I'm definitely not taking that way home today.  Poor Cheech; though I had to smile about him "honking like a goose."

Andrea, you're probably up getting ready for school.  I'm sending lots of good vibes your way for a good first day!  Of course, we'll want to hear all about it.

Tendai, I'm so glad your brother is finally able to get treated.  I didn't know he had TB; only the pneumonia.  That must be a relief now that he's gotten the medicine to help him.    I must say I don't know what an MDC is.  I don't know exactly what's going on there politically; only that they were supposed to put together some type of government where the guy that dropped out of the race was supposed to be a part of, is that right?  Or am I wrong?  I hope your'e staying safe. 

Nothing exciting to report.  Another day at the Hope.  Yesterday went well.  A guy commented me on my hair (I re-bleached it Monday).  I don't encourage any flirting that goes on there.  There are some nice guys there, but no one has anything to offer (right now anyway).  I think they all have worth, don't get me wrong.  I just wouldn't get involved personally with any of them.  There are some interesting characters though.

Now I can start the countdown for school.  Six more days.  In a way I'm dreading it (because of the Microecon class), but in a way I'll be glad, 'cause it'll keep me busy.  The other class I'm taking this eight weeks is Intro to Gov't.  That shouldn't be too bad. 

My thing on my cable still isn't working, so I did a little self-made exercise routine today.  I am going to call the Y and see if they base what one pays on what one makes (Queen, you got me inspired).  Hopefully they do.  That's it for now. I hope you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2008, 10:41:52 am »
Hey Girls- ;D

Mum- Did I  read what you wrote right? Property taxes for dogs? We have to get them licenses but that is it.
Sounds like Mini did a great job at her game! When my SO folds (which is very rare) he puts everything in the same pile which does me no good at all because I have to unfold to see what is what.  Men sometimes make things so difficult, mine anyway.

Moon- Sorry work has been sucking as well as the commute.  I used to work with women like that and I nipped that shit in the bud.  They used to whisper back and forth and think they were better than other people because they had worked there longer and worked in the front offices, while I worked in the warehouse office. That shit used to drive me crazy, I felt like I was back in high school.  If they got snippy with me on the phone, I would go up front and make them feel about 2 inches tall.  I was there to work , not make friends.  Every persons job was important and we needed to work as a team. It took a while but I finally got everyone to understand that and everyone started to get along and things ran smoother.

Betty- You are going to do fine in school and kick microecon's ass. Look at what you have survived in your life already, words in a book , can't hold a candle to that.  It might be a struggle and you might have to do extra work, but you will figure it out.  When I was working in management and had to do things that scared me to death, I would think in my head of what I survived and that no one was going to physically kill me.  We will be here for you to vent  ;D

Win- I like your laundry couch too.  I wish I had the room for something like that.  Welcome back, Billy! :D

Viv- I hope you have a good day back at school.

Ten- I hope your brother is feeling better and things get better at work.

Queen- Did you check craigslist for some furniture? I always check the free section, you would be amazed by what people just want out of thier way.  Just think that you are being Green :) I hope your appt. went well.

Steve- I am glad you are feeling a little better...don't worry there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hi 100Proof:)

Keeping- How are you feeling?

I am taking the kids to my Moms tonight so we can camp out in her yard.  My oldest got a tent for his birthday and he is itching to try it out.  I called my first ID nurse yesterday to tell her about this site.  She and the doc are such nice people.  They really helped me a lot when I was first diagnosed.  It was kinda funny because she had just moved her office and was thinking of me because she had un-wrapped a pic of the kids and I called her in the same day.  I would have loved to know about this place when I first found out.

I hope everyone is doing well.  I wonder where Wish is?

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2008, 11:37:40 am »
I should start another thread, but I can't think of a snappy title, so i'll post here until someone smarter than me starts another one. ;D

Snow, yes, we have to pay to get a tag, then we have to claim them on our property taxes - dogs, cats, and livestock.  I can understand livestock, especially people who raise cattle to sell for meat and milk, or horses to race or sell, or even sheep and goats who sell their wool, even hunting / pedigree dogs.  In those cases, I'd consider the animals as part of a business.  But, yep, we even have to pay taxes on everyday muttified house pets.  Hence, we have no pets.  Plus, I'm down to 1 kid in diapers.  I'd eventually like to have new (nice) furniture.  I don't need 1 more thing to pee / puke on it. 

I got the livingroom and kitchen all cleaned up.  I'll wait and do the bathroom Friday afternoon - no need to clean it twice.  The boys cleaned their room and the girls are still working on their's.  I feel like I should be doing something, but I have no idea what, and no motivation to do it even if I could think of something.  It's raining pretty good and I'm glad - we really need it. 

Betty, if you need any help with economics, just send me a PM.  I'll be more than happy to help you with it.  I think you'll find it's not as bad as it sounds..lol.  It's less about math and more about trends / business.  Good luck with the exercising.

Ten, I'm glad to hear about your brother, but sad to hear about your situation.  I pray things get better for you, at work, and for your country.

Angel, congrats on all the great things happening in your life.  Be sure to keep us updated.  Will you be moving abroad for work? 

Winni, how's Billy's dad doing? 

I'll talk to you gals later.  Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.
Mum :-*

www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline netta

« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2008, 12:22:26 pm »
i sure wouldstart a thread but i don't know how??? ??? ???
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:13 pm »
hello everyone. just checking in , I loved the laundry couch ...........its very busy-mum- like, LOL. Oh Winnie, i am sorry i thot you had said you work with poz kids, i stand corrected. i had the 5 year age rule.................it went thru the window for while right up to any age coz i was panicing i was poz for a while. i came back to my senses realised i didnt want just anyone but rather a good man to me and a great man who accpeted my daughter too. and after 3 tries, along came the BF, Rufus ( thats my name for him, dont ask why) and he is 14 yrs older than me and i absolutely adore him. ( i guess meaning we hv kissed n made up after the strio club incident, lmao)

Tendai, that was hilarious, i had no idea thast what happened i didnt seethat on tv or maybe i missed it, but u know how its like they dont want the outside world to know how bad it is

Mum i am in Canada, and yes we hv services set up for special kids, with an OT and PT and all and we get funding from the government too to get respite and homemaking to come in and help at home so i think i have most services figured out. my baby even starts dayacre in a special needs class with a few kids in Fall, i am so anxious abt that.

to everyone else..........i will try get to you all when i  come on later tonite. i just came form the eye doctor with my 2 yr old. she needs glasses so i now have to go pick up glasses for her. now how in the hell do u keep glasses on a 2 yr old? anyone have ideas?
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.