Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:38:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 590
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 570
Total: 571

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: PN with ARS ?????  (Read 5719 times)

Offline sguy906

PN with ARS ?????
« on: March 11, 2008, 05:05:39 am »
Hello.....

I really don't know what to think, I'm so stressed i don't know what to do ????
I'll try not make this too long ....

I had an unprotected blowjob from a sex worker ...I also fingered her for a little while ( I realised after, that the finger I used was the one that my nail had fallen off 2 weeks ago due to it being slammed in the door). 
I was so paranoid that I went to my family doctor 40 hours after and lied to him to get PEP !!  (Concerned about the blowjob and fingering, not cuts on penis though)

About 1 day after the incident i had pain in my urethra, no discharge or pain while urinating ......He gave me meds anyway ! After about 4 weeks the pain was still there but no discharge or pain whilst urinating ?  Had all the tests done for STD's and all clear (No HIV test)....Pain went away after that .

Since then have been convinced I have HIV ..... Symtoms have been going on for about 7 weeks ......

Swollen lymph nodes in one side of grion, not sure about under my jaw ...but I can feel them !!!!
My grion nodes are very small and hard (smaller than a pea)(2 or 3 of them)
Pain in armpits/chest and neck (week 8 onwards)
sore throat for 2 days  (week 11)
Chills in legs (week 6)
Headaches (On and off)
aches and pains

My main concern now is that I am sure I have PN (11,5 weeks after) ......I have had pins and
needles in my hands and feet and now it has got worse !! I'm getting pain in my legs/arms/hands and feet ....I'm going insane, i don't know what to do ?
It just won't go away ????

I think the only thing I haven't had is a fever ...... I measured my highest at 37.1 c !!!!

Please can some-one help me .....do you think I've got it ?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I'm sure I'm infected ???
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:12:41 am »
No I don't think you've got HIV.

Fingering and an unprotected blowjob do not constitute risks for HIV transmission. You don't need to test over this incident, much less take PEP. PEP is potent stuff and can have very nasty side effects. Given that you lied to a doctor to access these expensive (and entirely unneeded in your case) drugs I can only hope you got all of the side effects.

Your symptoms (such as they are) have nothing to do with HIV. Rather than you fooling around with all this unnecessary testing and noting that you are prepared to lie to medical staff to be treated for medical conditions you do not have, I'd advise you to seek the assistance of a psychiatrist.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted. The Welcome Thread also contains our posting guidelines. Read them carefully.

MtD

Offline sguy906

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 05:26:29 am »
I agree with you ...... I hope I get all the side effects also, I don't mind getting them if it was to prevent me from getting HIV !!!

I know you say its no risk ......but there are surely ways it can happen.  My incident was in the early hours of the morning, so what if she had a client who was right before me and she still had his infected semen in her mouth ?

I'm just really worring about the PN and lymph node thing ...Because those are symtoms that cannot just come from stress !!!  I mean if you stressed, a lymph node doesn't just pop up ?

And these pains in my arms/legs/hands and feet .....Would it be at all possible that the PEP could be causing this ?  I went off it 8.5 weeks ago ?

Thanks for your help !!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 05:35:08 am »
but there are surely ways it can happen.  My incident was in the early hours of the morning, so what if she had a client who was right before me and she still had his infected semen in her mouth ?

Yes there are ways HIV can be transmitted. Unprotected vaginal and anal sex, sharing contaminated injecting equipment; these are all ways HIV can be transmitted. Getting a blowjob, whether or not cum is in the other persons mouth, is not a risk. Saliva contains agents which inhibit the virus. There has never been a case of HIV being transmitted in this way -- and you won't be the first.

All manner of things can cause lymph nodes to swell, not just HIV infection and that doesn't apply in your case. You were not infected from this incident and you don't need to test.

I think it's pretty clear you know how HIV is and isn't transmitted. You said:

I was so paranoid that I went to my family doctor 40 hours after and lied to him to get PEP !!

which reveals that you knew the sexual encounter would be dismissed as a no-risk situation. You decided before-hand, without foundation, that you had HIV and you manipulated a clinical interaction to get want you wanted - not what you needed. By lying to that doctor you wasted valuable health care resources. Resources which could have been used by other people with genuine needs. It was a supremely selfish and socially irresponsible thing to do.

To my mind that indicates you have fairly serious mental health issues going on. If you're really interested in getting help you should do what I suggested earlier. See a psychiatrist.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 05:37:31 am »
sguy,

Go see your doctor about your aches and pains. What ever is causing them isn't hiv nor PEP.

This time, try being honest with your doctor.

You didn't have a risk for hiv infection, no matter how many whatifs you can think of to bring into the equation.

You do not have hiv from this encounter.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 05:53:47 am »
I don't mind getting them if it was to prevent me from getting HIV !!!

For the benefit of other people who might be reading this thread I think I should add that HIV is best prevented by always using latex condoms and water based lubricants when having anal or vaginal sex and never sharing injecting equipment such as needles and syringes.

PEP should not be seen as a convenient way to prevent HIV transmission, rather it's an emergency measure that is used in the highest risk situations -- ie where one partner is known to be HIV positive and there was a clear and present exposure.

Getting headjobs and playing sticky fingers do not constitute a clear and present risk of infection, even if the other person is HIV positive.

MtD

Offline sguy906

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 05:56:51 am »
The only reason i lied to my doctor was because he is a family friend and I couldn't tell him I had been with a sex worker ..... I've known him since I was small and he would probably be disgusted !!!

And the day after it happened I read on the net that there have been claims of transmission via oral sex ....so you can understand how I felt, specially as this is the first time I've ever done something like this !!!

Its just a very scarey thing when you got all the symptoms and the only thing you can think that is causing them is HIV ....Specially when i feel absolutley fine and a lymph node pop's up (No other infections to cause it) ????
What else could it be from ?

What happens if i turn up positive ....will everyone just say it couldn't be from that exposure and just dismiss it ???

My girlfriend and I had a test last year and were both negative and this has been my only exposure since then ..... So this could be the only time I could be infected ?

Has no-one on this site turned up positive after my sort of exposure ?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 06:01:21 am »
Has no-one on this site turned up positive after my sort of exposure ?

Nobody has ever turned up positive following this sort of encounter. On this site or anywhere. As was pointed out to you earlier, you will not be the first.

And, as Ann noted if you feel ill, see a doctor.

MtD

Offline sguy906

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 06:04:28 am »
Matty......

Would like to know if you got given a blowjob from some-one (lets say you had a scratch on your penis also) and she told you the next day she was positive ...... Would you not be a little worried and think about using PEP ?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 06:08:51 am »
I am not going to get into a pointless round of what-iffing with you. We have already explained that you were not at risk and that you do not need to test for HIV. Our answers will not change.

Please understand that you will not be permitted to wring your hands and post endlessly about no-risk situations.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 06:10:57 am »
sguy,

I think your doctor would have been more disgusted with you if he found out you lied to get very a expensive and in your case, totally unnecessary, treatment. It beggars belief, quite frankly.

If you feel you can't be honest with this family friend/doctor, then maybe it's time you broke out on your own and got a new doctor. Your health matters are nothing to be lying to a health care professional about.

Wise up.

I see you just posted again and the answer is NO!

Not only is saliva NOT infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Keep going on about this no risk situation and you'll find yourself on a fast track to being given a time out. Make sure you read the posting guidelines found in the Welcome thread Matty linked you to earlier.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sguy906

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 06:20:29 am »
Ok....sorry don't mean to carry on, its just hard when there's some conflicting info out there ......I will try my hardest to put this behind me, hopefully my symtoms will subside !!!

Just to let you know, where i'm from we have to pay for all our medicals out of our own pockets...... So i haven't wasted anyone's time or money except for my own !!!

I hope it has been a waste !!

Thanks for all your help ....

Offline sguy906

PN with ARS ?????
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 08:01:55 am »
Hi,

Just want to know if any people have experienced PN symptoms with ARS or just after !!!

I'm definitley experiencing some PN symptoms.... I've had shooting pains in my legs,feet and fingers..sometimes just pain .....Also pins and needles and some numbness !  The pain can get really bad sometimes and I'm so worried its from HIV infection ...its been going on for a week now and its not getting any better, its probably getting worse !!

I know they say it's normally an advanced stage .....But can it also be experienced in the early stages like I'm experiencing ?

I'm nearly 12 weeks from exposure and its been going on for about 2 weeks ?
I've had symptoms, but this is the one thats really scaring me ...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: PN with ARS ?????
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 08:09:54 am »
sguy,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You've been repeatedly told that you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. See your doctor about what is bothering you. It's nothing to do with hiv.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe our risk assessment, you can test now for a conclusive result. It will be negative, based on what you have told us.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sguy906

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 08:22:16 am »
Thanks Anne,

I just wanted to find out if people do experience this sort of thing early on ..... because something very unusual is happening to my body and I can't get my mind off it !!!

Also, surely I can only test 13 weeks after end of PEP to be conclusive ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 08:29:44 am »
sguy,

You did NOT have a risk. You did NOT need to take PEP. You do NOT need to test over your blowjob/fingering incident at all.

When was the last time you had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse? A test a three months past any such occurrence will be conclusive.

You, by your own admission, LIED to get PEP. I can only assume you know in your heart of hearts that you didn't need it. Now cut the crap.

If you've read the Welcome thread like I've asked you to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

You did NOT have a risk, you did NOT need PEP and you do NOT need to test over this blowjob/fingering incident. There is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:31:28 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sguy906

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 08:40:49 am »
Ok thanks ......

Last vaginal intercoarse has only been with my girlfriend of over 2 years .... This was the only time I've ever strayed and I'm disgusted with myself . We were tested 1 year into our relationship so I know I was negative before this incident happened !!

Thanks for your help...will ask no more questions !!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 08:59:35 am »
sguy,

If you and your present girlfriend both tested negative and she hasn't been having unprotected intercourse with someone else behind your back, then you ARE hiv negative.

I would suggest you seek counseling in order to work through your feelings of guilt and self-loathing. Harbouring those kinds of feelings will affect your physical health... and that's probably exactly what is going on with you.

And don't bother replying to this post. Just get on with your life. Remember to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse when you don't know the hiv status of the person you're with and you will continue to avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.