Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:38:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 634
Total: 634

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just sickened by this  (Read 2110 times)

Offline wolfter

Just sickened by this
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:30:48 pm »
Yeah, homophobia exists strongly here in my neck of the woods.  My family has raised horses for as long as I can remember and this just sickens me.  This isn't too far from us.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/04/25/story-mcconnelsville-barn-burning-horses-killed.html?sid=102
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Just sickened by this
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:49:23 pm »
That's absolutely horrible. Even a week old colt. I hope they find the monsters who did this and put them away for life.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 04:35:42 pm »
Yeah, homophobia exists strongly here in my neck of the woods.  My family has raised horses for as long as I can remember and this just sickens me.  This isn't too far from us.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/04/25/story-mcconnelsville-barn-burning-horses-killed.html?sid=102

Oh sure, just take it out on all of the innocent animals ,sick & disgusting  ???
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:43:27 pm »
How dreadful.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline SunnyFlorida

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:19 am »
This makes me sick to my stomach. I volunteer at an equine-assisted therapy ranch (http://www.horsesisters.org if you're interested) and the executive director of that organization is a lesbian with a gay son. They're the most amazing people ever and they have a lot of love for what they do. Horses are beautiful creatures as well... It's absolutely devastating that someone would murder so many horses. And for what? Because the owner was gay? UGH!!!!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:10:26 am »
And to add insult to injury, the state fire marshall offered a $5,000 reward for information  on the parties involved.  Last year, someone set a dumpster on fire outside a local business and a $15,000 reward was issued.  Which was the greater crime?

I've been around horses my entire life.  My mother and sister both work with the Perry County Humane Society and foster abused and neglected horses.  My grandfather was a member of the Licking County Sheriff's Department as  mounted posse deputy.  I didn't get too involved with the care, but we always had a pasture full of Arabians and quarterhorses.  They were too much for my taste and I don't exactly enjoy moving animal feces.  But I am glad there are people like you and my family who have the passion for these animals.

But as tragic as this event is, the local community has supported the owner and are outraged.  I guess that's a great sign.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.