Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 12:03:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 185
Total: 186

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting a New Job, and Boy Are My Arms Tired!  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Basquo

Starting a New Job, and Boy Are My Arms Tired!
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:43:47 pm »
This is a little explanation of why I’ve been somewhat distant lately, and bitchily short lately, and what’s happened with my career.

In early December, my beloved boss of 13.5 years announced that she was heading up a new department at the division level and was leaving us. Everyone was heartbroken, me especially. She was my work wife. I truly love her as if she was part of my family. But I had been keeping my resume dusted off for a few years, ever since she and everyone else was transferred to a new company to do our department’s work in a new model, and the hospital had elected to keep me on as a hospital employee doing what I was doing for the last decade plus. Evidently there was always a chance that something would happen to my job, but I was oblivious to it, and was just hoping things would change. I was having to do a lot of clerical work to keep the department running as we were woefully understaffed and no one had really drunk the koolaid, so to speak, of the new model.

Exit my old boss and enter the new boss. She is shared between two facilities instead of just having the one, and because of that she was given to new positions, “coordinators,” one for each facility. One day she asked me if I was interested in applying, to which I said no, I wasn’t. The next day, the story had changed to, your job may be going away so think about whether or not you want this position.

I went to Boston the next week, which I posted about, and when I came back the story was pretty much this: My position was going away, but the hospital didn’t want me to go away. I would move into the Coordinator position and take over operations of the department. But there were glitches; the pay was significantly less, and I had way too much on my plate and was relied on way too much by people from all over campus as the “go-to” guy for all things related to HIPAA Privacy, forms, order sets, records management etc.

The way it’s ended up is this: I keep my current pay, I keep some of my HIPAA and records management duties, and I take over the operational management of the department…at another facility.

I’m leaving my home of the last—seemingly—hundred years of my life, and starting over at a newer, smaller, specialty hospital in the city. I still have some shared duties with the other facility, but I started officing at the new place last week and I will be starting with the new company Monday morning.

The new company requires way more invasive testing and background checking. By now they know of my article in POZ, not that it was ever any big secret. They discovered that my Hep B vaccine that I got when I tested poz in 2000 didn’t take, and I had also lost my immunity to mumps. And though my doc had a record of the Pneumovax shot I got in one arm three years ago, they didn’t recall giving me a tetanus shot in the other arm at the same time. So yesterday I got a TDaP shot in one arm, and Hep B and MMR in the other. Hurts like a mo-fo on a side-sleeper like me. I actually have a lump on my left shoulder.

I am blessed to have a new job waiting for me when one ends, and grateful that everyone, including a new CFO and HR Director that barely know me, went to bat for me to keep my pay and make sure I didn’t end up ass-up in the unemployment line. And everyone all over the hospital FREAKED OUT when they found out I was leaving. Only Curtis kept his cool. Everyone else acted like someone had moved their cheese. I feel loved.

So that’s what’s been going on. I wanted something new, and boy howdy, the Good Lord gave it to me. Hopefully things will settle down and I can go on with my life, not be looking on the horizon for a while, and calm the fuck down.

My hair has gone gray again. I wear it well.

Offline weasel

Re: Starting a New Job, and Boy Are My Arms Tired!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 03:14:49 am »

I'm glad for you  :)

Hoping all goes smooth into the new job   .

Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:34:51 am »
Update that resume and keep alert.  I hope all goes well also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:08:24 am »
Congratulations on the new position!!!
I am glad things worked out for you and I am sure that not only will you be soon be comfortable in the new position and "new home" - but that you will be nothing less than stellar!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!
-Phil
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.