Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:33:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 513
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 466
Total: 467

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Conspiracies  (Read 12448 times)

Offline camps

Conspiracies
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:49:34 am »
I've searched this whole forum and couldn't pick up anybody talking bout how the pharmaceutical companies and our governments, make billions out of our disease.  ???
Are all of u really making d best out of ur situations & accepted what happened?

I've known 4 d past 13 years that I'm +, so there's no denial concerns from my side, but I DO think that there's a cure somewhere & that ARV's r doing more harm than good. >:(
THERE’S NO MARKET FOR YOUR SORROWS IN THIS WORLD, SO NEVER ADVERTISE THEM

Offline hope_for_a_cure

Re: Conspiracies
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:02:36 am »
Good morning camps!

The pharmaceutical companies do make money when they produce and sell drugs to treat AIDS and HIV patients but personally I think they would also profit from a cure as well (not to mention the wonderful publicity they would receive).  This subject has come up here in the forums at various times and there are varying opinions about it. 

Your question about accepting and making the best of what happened would be answered by me as follows:  I know how it feels to be on a hospital bed almost dead as a result of the virus.  Human nature is to fight to stay alive as best as one can.  I did just that and as a result am here today.  I have no choice but to accept the fact that I have AIDS.  It is up to me to either accept that fact or face the consequences of denial if I dont.  Do I like the fact that I am infected...? definitely not.  Am I making the best of it..?  some days are better than others but I would like to say that I am.  My diagnosis was given to me in 2010 so I am somewhat of a newbie with regards to knowing my accurate status.  Personally, I still hope for a cure to be found in my lifetime but in the meantime I will take the ARVs that allow me to continue onward. 

Offline camps

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 09:32:55 am »
U don't hve 2 b on meds 4 d rest of ur life, once they make d cure available 2 d public.
I might b against ARV's cos I've never been bedridden. D only serious opportunistic infection I've ever had 4 d past 13 years is 2-3 days flu.
I might be ungrateful cos I never faced death in d eye.

I really hope that reading all these blogs daily will change my mindset regarding ARV's.

I truly admire LTS's, who are on this blog & still so + regarding life.

Maybe I've been in denial all these years till I started ARV's - how pathetic could that be hey? :-[

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 09:56:09 am »

Here ya go campers, meet Etay.  

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=34224.msg425113#msg425113

Read through some of his posts.  In them you'll find how he didn't feel the need to take ARV's even when his Cd4's dropped below 10.  He was a jolly fellow indeed.  He never got sick because his immune system didn't exist unbeknowst to him.  He's now sadly a member of our memorial section.  He left behind two beautiful sons he loved dearly.  I spoke to him once and he was a beautiful light needlessly extinguished by the same foolish beliefs you expose.....

I liked him, I'm not sure about you though.  Your method of posting leaves me suspicious.

Skeebo

PS.  You can also find Etay on youtube on your own.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:59 am »
I think there's a conspiracy against grammar.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline sam66

• Keep The Faith ; Fight The Fight
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 10:16:43 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D
december 2007 diagnosed +ve ,

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 10:52:21 am »
I've searched this whole forum and couldn't pick up anybody talking bout how the pharmaceutical companies and our governments, make billions out of our disease.  ???
Are all of u really making d best out of ur situations & accepted what happened?

I've known 4 d past 13 years that I'm +, so there's no denial concerns from my side, but I DO think that there's a cure somewhere & that ARV's r doing more harm than good. >:(

If you think that there is a hidden cure somewhere or that ARVs do more harm than good, then you are in denial.  If you somehow believe that being poz diminishes who we are, you are in denial.  If you believe that the flu is an OI, then you are ignorant about HIV and the danger it represents.  If you wish to discuss any issues, it would be nice if you could actually write in English, as this is not Twitter.  If you want people to reply, you need to show some respect for how the forum is presented.

But most important, is you cannot expect to come to this forum, one based on solid scientific knowledge regarding HIV and treatments and start claiming "conspiracy theories", by just spouting some AIDS denialist propaganda and expect to be taken seriously.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:33:24 am »
Conspiracies are for sissy's

Not to mention fools.

Blah blah blah the big bad pharmaceutical companies and their "pills.". Hey, I hear there is some "doctor" in Thailand that has a cure for teh AIDS.  You should check it out.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:58 am »
I'm sure thousands of doctors, researchers and government officials all around the world are colluding in a dark conspiracy to hide a cure from a bunch of pozzies. Seriously, where do you people dream this stuff up?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline sam66

• Keep The Faith ; Fight The Fight
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »
. Seriously, where do you people dream this stuff up?

Internet ;  me thinks,

"Conspiracy theories and propaganda are gaining credence in the classroom because young people are not being taught how to judge the accuracy of information on the internet, according to think tank Demos."

"Osama Bin Laden is not dead; 9/11 was an inside job; and police were slow to tackle this summer's rioters as an excuse to lock up a whole raft of young black men.

Conspiracy theories like these are nothing new; opposing views to the official line given by authorities are in fact crucial in exposing deceptions.

However, independent think tank Demos says that young people do not know how to navigate this information when it appears on the Internet.

"We have something like a Wild West on the internet," says Jamie Bartlett, senior researcher at Demos.

"There's a huge amount of very trustworthy, academic, good bits of journalism [on the internet], more than ever before, which is extremely liberating.

But at the same time, equal proportions of distortions, propaganda, lies, mistruths, half-truths and all sorts of rubbish. It can be very difficult, especially for younger people, to sort the wheat from the chaff."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15122277
december 2007 diagnosed +ve ,

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 03:08:34 pm »
Camps, there’s a far more sinister conspiracy than this.  A deception of such colossal proportion that it dwarfs the one you speak of, on all counts.

We, human beings, practically each and everyone of us that populates the Earth, in every nook and cranny conceivable, right from New York City to Burkina Faso, has very convincingly been deceived (and exploited), for generations, by big pharmaceutical companies, successive Governments  of all nations (who are in their pocket), advertisers, scientists, public health advocates, researchers and of course the evil fanged dentists- that we need tooth paste (and a brush) to keep our teeth clean and healthy.  

It is a bare teethed lie.  A mammoth connivance incisively plotted by an elite group for perpetual financial gains. A gang  so powerful, with canines that wield influence so deep, that even the most honourable of people who’re in the know are left with their teeth chattering at the mere thought of divulgence.

I am one of the select few privy to the biggest scam in the history of mankind. But I have had enough. I  can’t be a slave to the evil toothpaste industry any longer, my conscience hurts. It pains my teeth to keep it bottled even a second longer.  So I’m letting all of you in on this dirty secret. Even if the lives of my precious molars depend on it. At the risk of my gums getting sick with gingivitis I make this disclosure:

You see, people, just like other mammals, have teeth that are highly evolved. They do not require scrubbing by a fluoride ridden gluey substance. Or a brush for that matter.  Just rinsing your mouth after every meal and rubbing your homosapien tusks with your wet fingers before you go to bed will ensure you a have a sparkling set of 32 pearls for the entire duration of your life.  

Don’t believe me? Well then, explain this. There are tribes in remote corners of the Africa who have never seen a tooth paste or brush their entire lives and they have perfectly studded jaws till they die. I can provide you with a thousand more examples to prove my point.

But I can’t today. I think I have spoken too much already.

Time to brush my teeth. Polish them white, erase the treason I've just committed. For they can always identify the disloyal patron by the colour of his teethy smile.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:40:42 pm by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 04:47:16 pm »
If you think that there is a hidden cure somewhere or that ARVs do more harm than good, then you are in denial.  If you somehow believe that being poz diminishes who we are, you are in denial.  If you believe that the flu is an OI, then you are ignorant about HIV and the danger it represents.  If you wish to discuss any issues, it would be nice if you could actually write in English, as this is not Twitter.  If you want people to reply, you need to show some respect for how the forum is presented.

But most important, is you cannot expect to come to this forum, one based on solid scientific knowledge regarding HIV and treatments and start claiming "conspiracy theories", by just spouting some AIDS denialist propaganda and expect to be taken seriously.

Hallelujah! 

Cramps, grow a pair and accept your limited knowledge, and that a vast network of doctors and research scientists, working over 25 years, probably millions of hours of disciplined thought, observation and research on HIV.

Otherwise, you die.  You want to die believing you have been a victim of a conspiracy, well that's even sadder.  Considering you admire LTS - who are here because of HAART.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Hoover

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 04:55:44 pm »
To the members of our fair community, I say she is a witch and we should
stone then burn her at the stake for her heresy!
It is the height of hubris to suggest the vile things she says.
Everyone knows there has never been a single conspiracy and there will
never be one.
What arrogance of her to suggest we might not be getting the truth.
The bastions of truth tell us the unvarnished and unbiased facts in 30
second sound bites so we can easily understand all complicated issues.
The corporate media and Fox news would NEVER lie.  They would never bow
to pressure from pharmaceutical companies that buy half the advertising
on the evening TV news each night peddling medications that are essential
to mental health, erection disorder, stomach acid, cholesterol control
and thousand of other pills we need to get through each miserable  day of
existence.  Take a pill, no need to worry. Take a pill, be happy.
Corporations would never willfully harm anyone for mere profits.
Utter nonsense. 
What was she thinking?

Lynn, even though you are taking your meds for a year now I am certain you are a denialist!
Shame on you.

Hoover
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 04:58:30 pm »
Shame on you, too, Hoover. You are more intelligent than this and you know very well that there is no cure for HIV.  And that the finances of HAART are a complicated matter and the fact that there are political questions to ask about it DOES NOT mean that HIV+ people should avoid HAART when they need it.  Shame on you.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Hoover

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »
I said nothing about no cure or the working of meds!
Like everyone else on this site, I take my meds and hope for a cure.

My point is the arrogance of some members to act as if they know everything.
None of us know everything!
An open mind is not a bad thing.

Shame on you Mecch, you have seen more than what the US sells, you should know better.

Hoover
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 05:09:13 pm »
I must have misread your post.
I thought you were saying it is reasonable, critical, "against the establishment" thinking of cramps to believe there is a secret cure.
Or that pharma is so all powerful that they are dictacting global HIV treatment protocals.   Puleeeze.

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 05:11:29 pm »
A team of marketing experts at Chanel, and Karl Lagerfeld have managed to keep a premium value for No. 5 and the Chanel suit.  Doesn't mean No. 5 smells bad.  If you want the suit or the scent, you pay the damn price.

Apples and bloody oranges.  Pharma makes a bundle. What's that got to do with my health and the drugs that work.

Offline Hoover

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 05:15:39 pm »
If you will reread my post, you will see that my underlying thought is that we do not know everything and to say we do is silly. That is all.

Pharmacies make a profit and we live. Good for us and them, that is business.

Hoover
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?

Offline Growler

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 05:24:09 pm »
I have been sworn to secrecy BUT I feel the worlds pain and my conscious now tells me it is time to share the TRUE news with the world YES THERE IS A CURE FOR HIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I invented it and unlike those greedy pharmaceutical companies I AM going to share it with the world for FREE.

Take one large watermelon, coat generously in vegetable oil. Ease said watermelon intact into infected individuals rectum and hold in place for 12 hours, no more and no less.

HIV is attracted to the highly reactive tetra-methyl-cyrpo-megla-sploromogetha compound found only in watermelon grown in a very specific location known only to me!

TESTIMONIALS
Growler saved my life.......Sadie, Wisconsin
I'm no longer a diseased monster! Growler Knows the TRUTH. .....Billy Bob, Texas
The anal leakage is well worth it, Thanks Growler.......ANONYMOUS

PM me for seed catalogue and price list......2 to 1 offer TODAY ONLY

Growler
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 05:27:08 pm »
You are backpedalling.
The OP has whacky unsubstantiated beliefs about pharma profits being connected to hidden cures and/or bad medicine.  We are worried this is a DANGEROUS belief.  Political beliefs potentially hurting one's own health.

Seems to me you were cheering her on with a false analogy about Fox being a biased source of information.  Duh, we know that.  The OP knows that.  The OP believes that a flimsy, unresearched "questioning of the establishment" is enough to justify burying one's head in the sand about treatment.  ETAY territory. The lightmotif of the entire denialist movement.  

I said you know better than this, and you avail yourself of top notch doctors and medicine.  

Don't go around routing for underdog anti-establishment beliefs when these are based on crap intelligence gathering.  Its hypocritical.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 05:30:26 pm »
Take one large watermelon, coat generously in vegetable oil. Ease said watermelon intact into infected individuals rectum and hold in place for 12 hours, no more and no less.

Please tell me its one of those minature mellons instead of the one as pictured here:

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »
Well then, explain this. There are tribes in remote corners of the Africa who have never seen a tooth paste or brush their entire lives and they have perfectly studded jaws till they die.

ok Snaggletooth Ill explain it.. it's because the Pepsi and Coca Cola trucks dont go that far into the Jungle.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Growler

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 06:08:32 pm »
Please tell me its one of those minature mellons instead of the one as pictured here:

They Mocked Thomas Edison, They Mocked Paris Hilton,They Mocked Jesus Christ!!!!

Be ASSURED DEAR READER, that the LROD Knows the TRUTH and he has given it ME and I now share this with YOU!

AND REMEMBER>>>> if you can take a marathon of 50 diseased raw cocks to get yourself in this situation, then one little 25 inch watermelon should be a breeze!

GROWLER who is so close to Jesus that we share fashion tips...but I'm ALWAYS RIGHT!

PM for Seed Catalog and Price List
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 06:15:25 pm »
Was it Kevin Trudeau who wrote in his original Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About that HIV was curable by ingesting hydrogen peroxide?  

Edit/Add:  OK.. googled it and found that one needs to include 'organic, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil' in conjunction with the hydrogen peroxide.  I like the watermelon cure more... would be LOTS more fun.  Thanks Growler!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:22:59 pm by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 10:03:26 pm »
I like the watermelon cure more... would be LOTS more fun. 
just don't do that silver stuff, cause you'll turn blue and we'll be talking about plump blueberries rather than watermelons. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 10:45:01 pm »
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 12:54:59 am »
ok Snaggletooth Ill explain it.. it's because the Pepsi and Coca Cola trucks dont go that far into the Jungle.

-Will

They're actually deep in every jungle. It's an important sub-conspiracy.

The cola/pepsi guys are in bed with the tooth paste manufacturers, it's so bloody obvious.

The soft drink industry scandal is altogether different though.  ;)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 01:45:59 am »

I detest text-speak: ugh!

And no: there's no conspiracy, just a bucket-full of ignorance.

Brent
(Who's survived 27 years despite everything)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 02:15:24 am »
U don't hve 2 b on meds 4 d rest of ur life, once they make d cure available 2 d public.
I might b against ARV's cos I've never been bedridden. D only serious opportunistic infection I've ever had 4 d past 13 years is 2-3 days flu.
I might be ungrateful cos I never faced death in d eye.

I really hope that reading all these blogs daily will change my mindset regarding ARV's.

I truly admire LTS's, who are on this blog & still so + regarding life.

Maybe I've been in denial all these years till I started ARV's - how pathetic could that be hey? :-[

Hey Camps,

It is possible you are projecting a bit here. Denial comes in many forms.

I have known people who aren't out-and-out denialists who still come up with all kinds of theories about the meds. The main reason has often been that, as long as they don't start popping the pills every day, HIV can still be a somewhat esoteric, or even abstract, concept that affects someone else, but not them.

This isn't wrong, per se, because it is a method of coping until a person is able to take the next step and address their fears and, finally, learn to accept living with the bug. But it can be dangerous if the person never tries to take the next step and the virus takes its course.

I ignored being positive for the first seven years after I tested positive. Things were different then, in a lot of ways, but the upshot was i didn't face up to being positive until one day I finally, consciously, decided I had to face the music.  A good friend was the catalyst that help me take that step.

I was lucky because I suffered no ill effects from my delay in obtaining medical care. But, it could easily have gone the other way.

I hope the information you get here. and from your own doctor, will help you adjust to your status a bit more and allow you to continue with a fruitful and productive life.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:21:29 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline mecch

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 05:11:32 am »
TO THE OP,

I have read your other posts and understand that you have been on HAART for 2 years.  I now see that you have problems keeping weight on, and fatigue. So that these challenges are contributing to you thinking whack about HAART - ARVS and about the cure.

-----------------

Good day

Do u hve any idea wotz d cause of my tiredness and losing of weight?
Because I don't look good anymore, it causes me to be worried and depressed, & make me dispondent 2 go for tests & 2 d Dr, cos what it reveals is not how my body feel. I'm supposed 2 b "healthy", but don't feel that way.

I definetely don't wanna b fat, but want atleast some meat on my bones.

After reading some of d post yesterday, I thought maybe I should take a break from d meds, cos now I look as if I've got Aids already.

In that thread, you are talking about  a treatment interruption because you feel terrible on HAART and you look like you have AIDS.  So these two things are real challenges and you need to find solutions, but with your doctors and by talking to other people with HIV and AIDS for advice and understanding.

I want to apologize for not knowing that information when I posted hard words about your conspiracy beliefs.

As to how the body image and fatigue relate to your words in this thread, yes, I am worried.  It is an illogical and dangerous way of thinking.   There is no cure.  And HAART, and big pharma DO NOT have a master plan to poison you.  HAART is not poison, and is most likely NOT the reason you are so fatigued and have the AIDsy look.  It might be possible in a very very very rare instance that 2 years on Atripla have posed some noticeable body changes, but if you are that very very very rare person then you need to have this confirmed and treated by your doctor.

Deep down, you seem to not want to be on HAART, and are determined to find a justification for quitting.  All I can say there, again, is this
Do not quit because you believe HAART is poison, and behind HAART there is an evil plot to destroy the lives of millions using the drug.
If you continue in this way of thinking, it means you let HIV have power over your mind and body.   Your life will not go well from now on.  It is not the formula for kicking HIV into a dark little corner and go on living a good life.

This is where you need to educate yourself and start finding answers about the fatigue and weight loss, and maybe the body image issues and depression.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:18:46 am by mecch »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 08:14:47 am »
This is what believing in conspiracies does to your personality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_5zZZfvZk

Theresa Salcedo Cao, the heckler arrested for disrupting the opening day of Congress while the Constitution was being read, is featured in this mini-doc made almost half a year before her arrest.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 08:20:37 am »
This is what believing in conspiracies does to your personality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_5zZZfvZk

Theresa Salcedo Cao, the heckler arrested for disrupting the opening day of Congress while the Constitution was being read, is featured in this mini-doc made almost half a year before her arrest.

I'll bet my left nut she's great in the sack.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 10:14:57 am »

*Governments* are making billions from HIV?    Let me guess, they are getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies?   ::)   

That's called living life, dear.  I prefer not to spend time contriving grand conspiracy theories about HIV, while sitting back and letting HIV gnaw away at my immune system.

Now, if you're saying we've become complacent in not pushing pharmaceutical companies and governments for greater access to ARV medication, I can agree with that.  But given your next statement that's not what you mean.

Rubbish.  You are spewing denialist crap by stating that ARV medications do more harm than good. 
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline wolfter

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 11:58:44 am »
As someone diagnosed before treatment options, I'm grateful for their greed.  Researchers aren't in it for the money, the person who finally discovers a cure will have their place written in history.  A conspiracy can not exist if more than one person knows about it. 

Perhaps doctors should prescribe AZT to all new patients for a few months so they'll have gratitude for the newer drugs that allows for a mostly normal existence ::)

Wolfie, who outlived ALL his friends thanks to corporate greed.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 12:01:37 pm »

Rubbish.  You are spewing denialist crap by stating that ARV medications do more harm than good. 

The OP wants to believe in sloppy generalizations because she has decided that her own decline in quality of life during 2 years on HAART must mean (for everyone of course) that HAART is poison and there is a global conspiracy.  She is not denying HIV.  But from there, yes, its pure emotional, selfish ignorance.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »
If you will reread my post, you will see that my underlying thought is that we do not know everything and to say we do is silly. That is all.

Pharmacies make a profit and we live. Good for us and them, that is business.

Hoover

When I reread your post, I don't see any specifics about your "underlying thoughts".  What I see is you piling on without adding any specifics or details as to the supposed "conspiracy", or your own thoughts about it.  Then when challenged, of course, you revert to telling people that we misunderstood you. 
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline LM

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 01:09:36 pm »
Actually, governments are the ones who are realizing that the current state of things cannot continue much longer. People with HIV are not dying as much, and more people are joining the ranks every year. To keep paying for ARVs for everyone is not practical, so they are getting more interested in a cure/vaccine.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »
I think some light would be shed on Camps' line of thinking when you know that she lives in a country whose government harbours - or at least has harboured in the recent past - very vocal hiv denialists. It's not a huge surprise (when you know) that she has been confused by people she should have been able to count on for truth when it comes to health matters. (We all know politicians lie, but we also should be able to expect scientific truth when it comes to health matters.)

So please, folks, show some compassion instead of giving Camps a hard time. Thanks! :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline camps

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 03:02:42 am »
Whoa didn't think I'd get such a huge audience. Couldn't wait to get to my office to see if there's somebody out there, would b able to help.
I must say its kinda nice chatting 2 people who're in d same situation as myself.
I got some advise which could help me & some which I'm just gonna ignore.

Ann & Hoover thanks 4 d personal messages.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.