Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:51:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 696
Total: 696

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The BIG day is just around the corner  (Read 5105 times)

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
The BIG day is just around the corner
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:09:57 pm »
This is it guys, the last stretch before the start of my 7 day 550+ mile ride from San Francisco to L.A to raise money and awareness to fight HIV/AIDS.
I have raised $1,300.00 so far but I still need help.  I have to raise $2,500.00 to participate in the ride and since I have 4 weeks left I am begging for help. 
I will ride!  I don't care how, or what I have to do in order to come up with those $2,500.00.  In the worst case scenario I will make up the difference with the money I've been saving to attend AMG.  Although I will be very sad if I can't attend our AMG this year, I will be more upset if I can't reach the required fundraising amount.
I know many of us here have financial limitations and I know that you would contribute if you could, but I ask you to tell your friends and family and ask if they could help. 
This ride benefits the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the L.A. GLBT center, but the beneficiaries extend beyond the geographical boundaries of California.  The money raised is used by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation advocates at the federal, state and local levels to ensure that hundreds of thousands of people affected by HIV and AIDS have access to care, treatment, housing, and prevention services, and that they benefit from related research efforts.

The AIDS Foundation's Public Policy Department plays a leading role in securing federal, state, and local government funding for crucial HIV/AIDS-related programs. Public policy staff members also work to ensure passage of sound HIV/AIDS policies and legislation.

The AIDS Foundation's HIV Advocacy Network organizes and mobilizes AIDS advocates, service providers, and people living with HIV/AIDS to advocate for effective AIDS policies.

Global AIDS Programs
The Pangaea Global AIDS Foundation is an affiliate of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Pangaea's mission is to broaden access to HIV/AIDS antiretroviral treatment and care around the world, with special emphasis on resource-limited settings. Pangaea provides assistance to in-country and international partners in the development of healthcare infrastructure for HIV treatment efforts.

Since its founding in 2001, Pangaea has played a significant role in developing and implementing HIV treatment access initiatives in several countries, including Uganda, South Africa, and Rwanda.

Since 2004, Pangaea has partnered with the William J. Clinton Foundation's HIV/AIDS Initiative in China, assisting in the development of national HIV treatment guidelines and training of healthcare professionals. Pangaea is also working with the Clinton Foundation in Ukraine, helping to develop the government's HIV treatment initiative.
In Uganda, Pangaea partnered with Pfizer Inc, Makerere University and the Academic Alliance for AIDS Care and Prevention in Africa to help create the Infectious Diseases Institute. The Institute, which opened in August 2004, is a state-of-the-art HIV/AIDS training center and clinic that sees more than 250 patients every day.
For more information please visit my webpage at

[url]http://www.aidslifecycle.org/1850[url]

Thank you very much for your support and I look forward to seeing the other members of the Forums who will be alongside myself in this challenging event.

POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.