Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 10:21:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 175
Total: 175

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Longest Relationship is with HIV  (Read 11503 times)

Offline newbernswiss

My Longest Relationship is with HIV
« on: June 12, 2007, 08:30:51 pm »
I'm new here, but have enjoyed reading the post, learning new info,  websites and chatting. I'm a 17 year survivor. Have been positive since I was 29, I'm now 46. It's hard to believe it's been that long. God to be 29 again and know what I know now ;) Anyway, I'm blessed with a good partner, family, friends, job, insurance, and more knowledge about life and living with MR. H+. I'll never have a relationship with another as long as I have MR H+. I'm finally learning to live with MR. H+ Even though we say positive, believe me it has not been all positive. I can think of more than a few negatives, but with all marriages me and MR. H+ have learned to reach common grounds. Sure MR H+. pisses me off at times, makes me feel bad, makes me sick, is not sexual when I want, cost me a lot of cash, shows up when I don't want to, have to talk about him when I want to forget about him. I've thought about divorcing MR H at times, but what the hell, I've learned to live with him and Mr. H has learned to live with me. We make a hell of a Positive team. Why go find something else when I have MR H+. Believe me that's enough to deal with. So for now me and MR H+ have a good relationship and understanding.  He don't try to destroy me and I'll don't try to destroy him. (At least That's what I let him think)
Keep those Anniversaries coming everyone. The longer the relationship the better if u know what i Mean.

Offline RICKY77531

• just Chill
Re: My Longest Relationship is with HIV
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 08:39:04 pm »
I ve known Mr H for a month now...  damn he sure gets around!!  Congrats on the achievement of 17 yrs a survivor..and theres for 17 more!!! :D
06/2007   CD4 266  Vl 62000
06/2007   CD4 200  Vl 13495
07/2007   ATRIPLA
09/2007   CD4 323  VL Undetectable
11/2007   CD4 428  VL Undetectable
01/2008   CD4 357  VL Undetectable
04/2008   CD4 357  VL UNDETECTABLE
08/2008   CD4 402  VL UNDETECTABLE
11/2008   CD4 421  79 DETECTABLE..
2/2009     CD4 450  VL UNDETECTABLE

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 08:43:58 pm »
 :o, he sure does get around. And by what I see here, he's been with quite a few... ;)but I'll still keep him and try to work with Mr. H+. . . take care of your MR H+ and don't let him rule your life. Kick his ass every now and then and Keep him walking the line.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 08:58:18 pm by newbernswiss »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 09:36:12 pm »
Darn that Mr. H - he told me I was his one and only!  :o

Well, I guess he tired of me, cause like you said, he has been getting around.

Welcome to the forums and welcome to another person who shows it is possible to live long and well with the bug.

Doesn't mean it was a cakewalk, but you managed 17 years so far, right?

I have 22 years since I tested positive, plus, if my first doc was right, another five years of living with Mr. H before I tested. So, I know how you feel.

Here's to many, many more anniversaries.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 10:13:37 am »
I tested positive in 1989.  At this point I am still trying not to let HIV rule my life or cause me great stress.  Seems to me one way to do that is to stop giving HIV a personality.  Its just a damn virus.  It has no motives or agendas.
So, although I think about HIV anniversaries I would never celebrate it. And I give much more importance to my relationship with my life partner, who is....by the way...doing very well after the operation on his hand. And about to get a thrid round of injections of ASCULPTRA in his cheeks.  He feels it has helped.
Just my two cents.
Modified to add:  HUMOR is a big part of dealing with HIV...and I know everyone has their own coping mechanisms.  Caling HIV....Mr H...is funny.  I dig it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:14:47 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:12:49 pm »
I've learned to chill, not be to serious, and have a sense of humor with myself, life and HIV or as I like to call MR. H+.  We all have different coping styles...Thanks for the imput.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 03:08:36 pm »
Mark, no wonder I thought he was a little loose when I got him.  ;) Bear, don't you dare say you thought he was tight.  :D

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 04:48:01 pm »
Rod... very funny!

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 05:33:59 pm »
 ::) :o I'm sure Mr. H has had a few anal tucks by now....

Offline atxpozguy

• POZ+ 32 year milestone reached for Austin man
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 12:39:29 am »
I gave up celebrating my infection date and replaced it with the celebration of life for the many friends and partners whom have died over the past 25 years because of the bug or being overdosed with AZT. ::)

By far the best longest relationship I am having is with my doctors and clinic staff that have made my life alot better than it was 4 years ago. :-*

32 years poz LTS with no expiration date

Diagnosed HIV 1982
Diagnosed AIDS 2001

As of June 2015, VL <20 CD 435 26%

Currently taking a daily total of 17 meds while only two meds for AIDS, the rest for other body organs effected by years of retrovirals. Diagnosed with Lung Cancer 2012, COPD Stage 4 2015, IBS 2013, Chronic Cystitis, Chronic Renal Failure, Hearing Loss, Depression and everyday comes with different health episodes which has sent me to the Er via EMS on a regular basis.  My quality of life has been impacted dramatically.

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 09:22:06 am »
Trust me I don't celebrate being HIV+...I do though have a very long relationship with HIV since I had it before going to any doctors and it has been with me longer than any spousual relationship if you know what I mean. I hope to have many more anniversaries with HIV because each one lets me know I here and alive and hopefully doing will.  Being a long term survivor has it positives and negatives. Positives are I'm alive, doing well, and continuing on with my dreams and goals. The negatives is I've out lived many of my friends and partners which saddens me. Again I don't celebrate being HIV, I celebrate having a another anniversary with HIV living...and doing well.

Offline bear60

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 04:38:39 pm »
NewBern:
well I guess thats what bothered me with "celebrating HIV anniversaries".....that it sounds too much like celebrating being HIV positive.....but I know it really means celebrating LIVING. I still wish I did not HAVE HIV anniversaries at all.

best to you
Bear

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 08:51:48 pm »
I'm with u on that one Bear. How I wish, would give anything not to have HIV. Even though I've been blessed, I could do so much more without having this disease. It does limit what I can and cannot do. But again I'm thankful, grateful to still be around. . .one thing to think about I would have never have chatted with you and others here if I didn't have HIV. for that I'm grateful. Take care all my HIV pals.........

Offline kay

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:45 am »
congratulaionz guess he aint going no where.i am new 2 but negative.i joined coz my cousin and auntie are  positve.now i know they are going 2 be around 4 some time.thank u.u are a real insipiration and here is 2 17 years more.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 05:08:53 pm »
Hi Kay

I know that you are new to the forum and are looking for ways to help your Auntie and cousin, so AIDSmeds is the place to be..so welcome.

While we encourage our members to read the LTS forum we don't encourage those who are not to post here, this is for the LTS to share their advise and their own stories with each other...no harm done just thought I would let you know.

Just by reading thier posts we can learn a lot from them...and also you can get all the information you need from the lessons here on the forum.

Take care
Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline TimmyT

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 10:18:38 pm »
Yeah, it's funny to think that one of the longest relationships I have had(next to family and a couple of friends) is with HIV. Hmmmmm. I hope I can learn to live with the new boyfriend as long as I have lived with this virus thusfar. LOL.

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 08:51:38 pm »
TimmyT,
I agree, I hope my current life partner last and last. If I could dump Mr. HIV I would...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.