Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

I have some good news!

<< < (4/4)

moxieinme:
Hi Mark --
Jumping in: Great news about your labs and good work getting your lipids under control. I have been on statins for years because my various med regimens have wreaked havoc on my lipid panels for a long time. Lipitor and its generic did a good job of controlling cholesterol, and I'm on tricor because my triglycerides as chronically elevated but now relatively controlled.
But the most significant improvement I've had in both cholesterol numbers and triglycerides is from incorporating a good dose of fish oil daily (two 1k caps in the morning). I'm not a big alternative treatment guy, and I'm not touting a miracle cure, but the spreadsheet detailing my lab numbers over a couple decades seem to show a clear effect from upping the fish oil in my diet.
And my partner, who also has diabetes, noticed improvement as well.
Needless to say exercise and diet are big factors in controlling these numbers, and the importance of both for good health for all of us is worth remembering.
Best of luck with you and your future labs!
John

wolfter:

--- Quote from: BT65 on August 22, 2013, 07:41:56 pm ---That's great news, Mark, I know how hard you're working on this issue.

Oh, and I love cheese also.  I try to buy the "light" varieties.  Unless of course it's blue cheese.  Then only the full-fat will do. :P

--- End quote ---

Have you ever visited a place where they make blue cheese?  We regularly visited a place in Columbus several years ago and they had wooden kegs where they were aging it in a brine type solution.  Lordy, it smelled awful but we were able to sample it freshly ready.  Delicious!!!!  We would always buy their different cheeses and immediately head to Amish country to our favorite winery.  Amazing that Amish people can produce some of the best wines.

BT65:

--- Quote from: wolfter on August 24, 2013, 06:36:09 am ---Have you ever visited a place where they make blue cheese?  We regularly visited a place in Columbus several years ago and they had wooden kegs where they were aging it in a brine type solution.  Lordy, it smelled awful but we were able to sample it freshly ready.  Delicious!!!!  We would always buy their different cheeses and immediately head to Amish country to our favorite winery.  Amazing that Amish people can produce some of the best wines.

--- End quote ---

No, have never been to a place where it I could taste it fresh.  It sounds so good! 

I guess I didn't know Amish people make wine.  We have a huge Amish population in Indiana, more east than where I live (Amish Acres isn't too far).  I love to visit their bakeries. 

deibster:
Great news Mark.
In upstate New York, not far from the city, we would go to Brotherhood Winery, the oldest continuous running winery in the country. It is run by priests, so stayed open during prohibition to make wine for church services.
They make some unusual flavors of wine, particularly in the fall, wines with spice flavors in them. They are quite good.
Hugs, Deiby

Theyer:
Good news from you Mark always cheers me , so thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version