Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:40:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: It's now safe to eat at Chick-fil-A  (Read 20968 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
It's now safe to eat at Chick-fil-A
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:54:35 am »
linky... and such damn good news for you Southern girls!

Chick-fil-A's sandwiches are no longer homophoburgers or free-speech-you-can-eat or whatever the fast food meant during this summer's culture wars. Fried chicken just went back to being delicious as the chain promised to stop "supporting organizations with political agendas," which includes anti-gay groups--a move that's gotten them back into a Chicago's good graces. We learned the news by way of Chicago's The Civil Right Agenda (TCRA) an LGBT-rights advocacy group, who report that Chick-fil-A has penned a letter saying, "The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas." That letter was addressed to Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno, who along with Boston mayor Thomas Menino, said they would block the chain for its anti-gay views. WinShape is the chain's not-for-profit charitable arm that had previously donated to groups opposing gay marriage. TCRA adds, "In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations, such as Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage."

Of course, the nugget here (har har) is the statement seems to have come out in a roundabout way (second-hand, through the TCRA) not from Chick-fil-A itself. But according to Buzzfeed, a spokesman did not contest what was said in TCRA's release. And Alderman Moreno, according to the Chicago Tribune, was so satisfied with the company's pledge not to back anti-gay groups and promise to include a statement of respect for all sexual orientations that he has allowed the chain to open to a restaurant in Chicago's Logan Square--a move he previously threatened to block. "It's one thing to say that's the way you feel — it's another thing to put it into a company policy and an official company statement," Moreno told the Tribune, adding that he achieved his goal of getting the chain to "affirm that they do not have discriminatory policies."
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: It's now safe to eat at Chick-fil-A
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »
I'm still going to wait 30 minutes after having anal sex before I eat there because I don't want to get cramps .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 05:55:47 pm »

I've never eaten at a Chick-fil-a, and still don't plan on it !   :P

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:46:06 pm »
WELL THANK GOD

I thought I was going to starve.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:44 pm »
We never ate there much as I don't care for the food but my girls loved to the hug the employee dressed in the cow suit at the mall.  Since their views became public that cow has gotten no love from Hippie's girls and will continue to get the cold shoulder. ;)
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 12:14:09 am »
If they really make this change, I would eat there.  I mean, I am sure I shop at many places that hate teh gays.  I just don't want to knowingly give business to anyone taking that money and giving it to hate groups. 

I've never thought the chicken was all that, so it wasn't a big hardship for me.  ::)  But, there have been times that the sugar was low or it was the last restaurant for miles, and we were tempted to eat there.  But, we didn't.  We went hungry for another 20 miles..lol.  If they make this change, I would probably not put myself through the torture of waiting for the next exit.  We'll see.     

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 01:34:10 am »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 11:04:16 am »
Hmmm, yeah, I bet. They'll probably continue to contribute, but stop bragging about it. I'm not convinced.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »
Hmmm, yeah, I bet. They'll probably continue to contribute, but stop bragging about it. I'm not convinced.

I'm not convinced by a long shot . Knowing what I know about that corporation and still supporting them would be the same as hanging out with somebody who openly admits they want to punch you in the face but wont act on it because they may get into trouble . 

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 04:17:11 pm »
This is like those glamorous stars who are PETA spokesmodels for 3 years before becoming proud Blackglama addicts. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline wolfter

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 08:33:37 pm »
I never even heard of this restaurant chain before the controversy.  Therefore, I'll continue to not dine there.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 02:27:33 am »
Fuck chicken

Speaking of McDonalds, i'm not at all happy that McD's is delaying the annual rollout of the McRib till December. I had big plans for some October McRibs. >:(
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 10:45:02 am »
Speaking of McDonalds, i'm not at all happy that McD's is delaying the annual rollout of the McRib till December. I had big plans for some October McRibs. >:(

How are your McLipids doing these days? ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »
I will never eat there.  If they go against Gay, I say Nay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 02:39:49 pm »
More details...

Chick-fil-A Only Pretends To Stop Funding Non-Profits With Political Agendas

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/20/chick-fil-a-only-pretends-to-stop-funding-non-profits-with-political-agendas/

... Just as my taste buds were getting geared up for an all night chicken binge I learned that both I and Alderman Moreno had been duped. You see, it appears that just days after Chick-fil-A had agreed to stop funding bigoted groups, Dan Cathy on September 18th, tweeted a photo from a fund raiser for the anti-LBGT group Marriage and Family Foundation. The WinShape Foundation which Chick-fil-A operates was hosting a 200 mile couple’s motorcycle ride called “WinShape Ride for the Family” with an entry fee of $3,500 per couple with options to pledge $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000 to Marriage and Family Foundation. In order not to appear to be donating to the group, participants were asked to make checks payable to Marriage and Family Foundation and not the WinShape Foundation or Chick-fil-A. Sponsorship packages were reported to have displayed the Chick-fil-A logo as well as that of the WinShape Foundation.

While Dan Cathy and the folks at Chick-fil-A have claimed to stand for Christian principles, their actions have proven to be anything but Christian. In their actions against the LBGT community, they have proven themselves to be bigoted, aggressive, and intolerant. They clearly do not love their neighbors as they do themselves and now they have outright lied to elected officials and to the public for monetary gain. ...

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 01:55:13 am »
I ran across this nugget , it seems the chicken is crossing the road again and this time its no joke . Chick-Fil-A is doubling down on hate .

http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-ceo-denies-giving-concessions-open-chicago-200551778--abc-news-politics.html
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 04:30:54 am »
what else is new???

Joe Moreno Is As Confused By Chick-Fil-A’s Double-Talk As Everyone Else

Full story here: http://www.queerty.com/joe-moreno-is-as-confused-by-chick-fil-as-double-talk-as-everyone-else-20120924/#ixzz27T6CCKda

It was just last week that Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno declared he had received assurances from Chick-fil-A that the restaurant chain would stop sending money to anti-gay groups like Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council. But by Friday, Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy told Mike Huckabee his company  had “made no such concessions.”
Moreno says Cathy’s statement—and a tweet of a photo from a motorcycle ride benefiting an anti-gay-marriage group—have “muddled” the issue.
You don’t say?
“At the least, [that tweet] muddied the progress we had made with Chick-fil-A and, at the worst, contradicted the documents and promises Chick-fil-A made to me and the community earlier this month,” Moreno told CNN on Sunday. “I am simply asking Mr. Cathy to confirm statements and documents that HIS company executives provided to me. It’s pretty simple, Mr. Cathy. Do you acknowledge and support the policies that your executives outlined to me in writing or do you not? Yes or no?”
Oh, c’mon, Mr. Moreno—saying one thing and doing another should be familiar territory for a veteran politician like you.

Full story here: http://www.queerty.com/joe-moreno-is-as-confused-by-chick-fil-as-double-talk-as-everyone-else-20120924/#ixzz27T6OE8K1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 01:06:07 pm »
OK, are we in or out on this?

Cause I'm really jones'n for some waffle fries.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 01:26:02 pm »
OK, are we in or out on this?

Cause I'm really jones'n for some waffle fries.

-W

So go to Arby's. Chick-Fil-A is still no-go.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 02:11:29 pm »
Chick Fil A is definitely a no go . I was riding by CF today and as usual the place was wrapped up with customers inside and out to the street from the drive through .

I'm a fried chicken addict , I remarked to my friend today to just look at those SOB's , eating that forbidden chicken with their smug homophobic grins dripping in succulent chicken and waffle fry grease . I wonder if I can get on Dr Drew for my chicken problem ?   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 02:28:32 pm »
Thank goodness for Philly's fabulous Federal Donuts Korean-style double-fried chicken.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:30:27 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 02:42:46 pm »
I don't think I could set foot into a Chick-fil-A if I wanted to, as they have become so Christian and wholesome that the restaurants are essentially hallowed ground. I'm sure I would either burst into flames or be transmogrified into a breaded chicken breast if I crossed their threshold.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »

I'm a fried chicken addict , I remarked to my friend today to just look at those SOB's , eating that forbidden chicken with their smug homophobic grins dripping in succulent chicken and waffle fry grease . I wonder if I can get on Dr Drew for my chicken problem ?

I've been on a Popeye's kick lately, like 4-5 times in 2 weeks. You can't beat their batter, and OH JOY I saw that it's almost time for their Crawfish Festival!! Cant wait.  8)

plus they love the homos there.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »
How many pieces of chicken do you eat at one sitting, Guilhermina?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 02:56:14 pm »
How many pieces of chicken do you eat at one sitting, Guilhermina?

I usually order a 3 or 4 piece with Red beans and rice, If I dont get a 4piece then Ill add a 4 piece "dip n chicken" to the order.

Or I'll order the 9piece special take it home and eat 5 pieces in one sitting then eat the remaining for breakfast.

It just pisses me off that Popeyes doesnt have fried Okra like Church's.

-W
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:58:29 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline buginme2

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 03:00:01 pm »
I would assume that all you folks living in the south would have a plethora of authentic restaurants servig southern fried chicken.   Why waste your time on Popeyes and Chick-fil-a?

Thats like Miss P going to Jack in the Box for their Philly cheese steak sandwhich
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:05:54 pm by buginme2 »
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 03:10:04 pm »
I would assume that all you folks living in the south would have a plethora of authentic restaurants servig southern fried chicken.   Why waste your time on Popeyes and Chick-fil-a?

Thats like Miss P going to Jack in the Box for their Philly cheese steak sandwhich

Zactly, and I thought the same thing. It's sad, really.

The best cheese steak here is made in concrete hut over by the river. There's not even seats inside to eat. Working class authenticity!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 03:12:15 pm »
I would assume that all you folks living in the south would have a plethora of authentic restaurants serving southern fried chicken.   Why waste your time on Popeyes and Chick-fil-a?

Surprisingly not..  It's either Church's, Popeyes, or KFC.  I can't  remember the name of it, but there's this fast food joint that serves Chicago style fried chicken, whatever that is.  I have to say, I was a bit surprised how much fried food there was in Boston.

I'm living right outside of Columbus, Georgia at the moment and was quite thrilled to find a place called Ezell's Catfish Cabin.  Fried catfish and cheese grits, with a side of collard greens..... now that's what Ima talkin' bout.

Yee Haw!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 03:16:50 pm »

Surprisingly not..  It's either Church's, Popeyes, or KFC.  I can't  remember the name of it, but there's this fast food joint that serves Chicago style fried chicken, whatever that is.  I have to say, I was a bit surprised how much fried food there was in Boston.

I'm living right outside of Columbus, Georgia at the moment and was quite thrilled to find a place called Ezell's Catfish Cabin.

That is suprising. We have one southern food restaurant here in seattle its called the kingfish cafe

www.thekingfishcafe.com

They have te best food, the best collards, grits, fried chicken...its amazing

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »
Of course there are tons of hole in the wall places in the South -- these queens are just being fucking lazy. Send Anthony Bourdain down there and he'll sniff them out.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »
That is suprising. We have one southern food restaurant here in seattle its called the kingfish cafe

www.thekingfishcafe.com

They have te best food, the best collards, grits, fried chicken...its amazing

I checked out the menu. The food does look quite amazing.  The day before we left Boston, my wife and I ate at a place called the Summer Shack. 

http://www.summershackrestaurant.com/Locations-Hingham.asp

The food was atrocious, and I was sick for a week.  It was the perfect parting of our time there lol....

There was a place we did like in Boston that was a hole in the wall type place. It was called the Pier 37 restaurant and bar.  The decor was shambles, but the food was some of the best.  I was a bit skeptical when we first went there because they had beans and franks on the menu.  I never did try it, however, I always saw someone else sitting at another table chowing on the stuff.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 04:01:06 pm »
Of course there are tons of hole in the wall places in the South

Right, but do they have Drive-thrus?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 04:02:05 pm »
Right, but do they have Drive-thrus?

Like I said, lazy queens... no wonder you pass out during a cardiologist's stress test.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:05:35 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 04:37:26 pm »
Like I said, lazy queens... no wonder you pass out during a cardiologist's stress test.

Oh you and your rumor-mongering. I didnt pass out, I was just sweating profusely and could not breathe ::)

and if you didnt even break a sweat on yours then you are not doing it right and need to find another doctor. We have great doctors down here if you need one.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:41:09 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline zach

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 05:45:55 pm »
i always thought col sanders was a gay?!

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 05:57:23 pm »
I was a bit skeptical when we first went there because they had beans and franks on the menu.  I never did try it, however, I always saw someone else sitting at another table chowing on the stuff.

Mmmmmm, Mmmmmm!  I love me some beans and franks!!!  Haven't had them in years -- grew up eating that at least once a week.  Chop up those franks, then fry 'em up.  Mix it in with the beans.  Delicious!

M

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 06:07:39 pm »
We have great doctors down here if you need one.

Thanks, but I value my Ivy League hospital doctor as opposed to someone works part-time guiding boats on the River Walk.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:19:47 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 07:31:40 pm »
Mmmmmm, Mmmmmm!  I love me some beans and franks!!! 

M

oh man me too! Now you got my mouth watering

Thanks, but I value my Ivy League hospital doctor as opposed to someone works part-time guiding boats on the River Walk.

::)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 11:24:05 pm »
Mmmmmm, Mmmmmm!  I love me some beans and franks!!!  Haven't had them in years -- grew up eating that at least once a week.  Chop up those franks, then fry 'em up.  Mix it in with the beans.  Delicious!

M

It wasn't that can stuff either, they made it in-house....  Dayum, now I feel like I should have at least tried it.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 11:34:39 pm »
Beans & Franks is so totally white trash. That said, I make it about once a year. WITH TATER TOTS.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 11:48:00 pm »
Was it listed on the menu as "beanie weenie."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 11:59:15 pm »
Beans & Franks is so totally white trash. That said, I make it about once a year. WITH TATER TOTS.

I had trouble understanding it really...  My wife and I are sitting gorging ourselves on Maine lobster, with an appetizer of a couple dozen little neck clams, while the table next to use is eating franks and beans.  During out first visit there I hadn't noticed them on the menu and thought the people eating it must be the staff. 

Was it listed on the menu as "beanie weenie."

Nope, it was just "frank and beans".  About a footlong frank over some beans...

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 07:45:19 am »
It wasn't that can stuff either, they made it in-house....  Dayum, now I feel like I should have at least tried it.

You certainly should have!!
I had trouble understanding it really...  My wife and I are sitting gorging ourselves on Maine lobster, with an appetizer of a couple dozen little neck clams, while the table next to use is eating franks and beans.  During out first visit there I hadn't noticed them on the menu and thought the people eating it must be the staff. 

Lobster and clams can be had anytime in New England, so no surprise at all that locals are eating franks and beans.  Plus, as I said -- THEY IS GOOD!!!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 07:17:37 pm »
suck it

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:28 pm »
suck it

OH FAIL! Those are vienna sausages. BLECH> You have to use decent weiners sweetie.

Silly yank.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 07:20:58 pm »
^ however I like your pot.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline zach

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 07:25:21 pm »
ms p and recent pictures of bowls, always good stuff

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »
1) those are not Vienna sausages. They are premium Hebrew National hot dogs (kosher! made by God's chosen people), and I sliced them before putting them into the pot. The only fail is yours, sweetums.

2) that pot is fierce. Swedish design, made in Norway ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:30:05 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline zach

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 07:31:41 pm »
kosher circumcised weeners in an ikea bowl

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.