Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:54:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: new to the forum  (Read 8123 times)

Offline phillomena

new to the forum
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:33 am »
hello everyone. am new here and ijust want to say thank you to this forum. ican finally talk to somebody without being jugded.
 am from kenya where there are alot of stigmatization concerning people living with aids.
its five years since i tested positive and i have never said anything to anyone apart from my husband who is negative.
in this forum i found out there are more people with fear of what i go through everyday and there i find courage. ijust want to say thank you to this forum.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:21:10 pm »
Phillomena,

Welcome to the forums, particularly our ladie's family.  My name is Betty, and I tested positive 21 years ago.  There are some wonderful ladies here.  Feel free to join us in our "ladie's thread."  It was right above your post.  That's where we talk about our everyday lives.  Again, welcome and keep talking!
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:04:20 pm »
Hi P~

Welcome to our little nook here in the forums.  My name is Cindy and I have tested poz in Dec. 1993.  I've been on meds for most of the last 16 years.  Life seems pretty normal these days and I never thought I would say that.  I hope that you'll join us in the Ladies Thread, we've had it going since 2007, with chapters and chapters of us!  Its a lot of fun to just write about your day, the good and the bad.  You'll find the rest of us are usu going through the same things, too.

Welcome!

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline DDGB

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:39:19 am »
hello ladies
im also new here and would just like to say hello:)
ive been reading some of these posts for the last couple of weeks and it has REALLY helped me. thanks!

Offline netta

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 05:27:40 pm »
Welcome!!!
"to thine own self be true"

Offline DDGB

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 05:51:30 am »
Thanks Netta!! x

Offline 206krissy

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 10:32:11 am »
i feel the same way; thank u and glad i found this.  i've been sick for a long time and its still hard to tell people and most i don't b/c i've had times i did and it was awful.  i'm glad ur here too.

Offline DDGB

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 08:16:33 am »
How long have you been sick if I may ask 206rissy?? I only got diagnosed last month, but apparently i've had this for 6 - 8 years - scary!! I was one of the "this would NEVER happen to me" people..well, welcome to reality hey.
It is however inspiring to read that ppl have been living with the virus for 20-plus years...that really calms me.

Offline bluegir156

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 12:14:09 pm »
Hi everyone. I am new to the forums, tho not new to HIV :^\.
I have been working on my bachelor's degree over the past several years & haven't had much time to take care of my emotional needs. Graduated in August. It's good to not have several papers to write every week.
I'm glad you're all here cuz what I am working on is how to have healthy relationships with men. I realized recently that I've had a tendency to "sell myself short", that is, to be willing to give more than I get. Partly it's b/c I never really learned the "dating game". I'm ready to learn to negotiate the friendship/relationship/whatever.
On the flip side, I'm pretty good with encouragement/friendship with other women. I've been in therapy most of the time since 98, with some breaks here and there. I was diagnosed in 99.
Glad to be here & hope to make some new friends.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 12:44:16 pm »
Welcome to the forums, Bluegirl! 

What did you get a degree in? Just curious.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 04:49:39 pm »
Hey Bluegirl,

Welcome to our ladies family.  There's a good bunch of women here, who are willing to help with whatever we're capable of.

I was diagnosed in 1989, and just graduated last May with my bachelor's.  I thought I was done, but then went back just this fall.  Sometimes I ask myself why.

I'm not the best to tell you about how to have a good relationship, since I'm not in one.  Ann's good at that, she's been in a relationship for a long time, and seems to be happy with it.  But, I can offer support, and help with something else.  Again, welcome, and glad you're here!
  L-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline jay195

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 02:18:43 pm »
Hi and welcome

Jay xx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.