Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:02:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 606
Total: 608

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I made an apointment this past Friday,...  (Read 3732 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
I made an apointment this past Friday,...
« on: April 29, 2012, 05:34:25 pm »
 :-\

With my primary care doctor, and on Tuesday I have to to the clinic to get something checked on my scalp. From there, my primary will make an appointment with the dermatologist at the VA.

My primary care knows the history, and there wasn't a real problem getting in there. I wish I could have made an appointment with the dermatolgist at the VA, but I have to go through the primary first. I am going to see if somewhere in the future, I can navigate around the primary care and go directly to the VA dermatology. It's worth a try...

This is the first time in my long history of Actinic Keratosis/ basal cell / squamous cell,  That I've actually had one on the scalp.

http://www.medicinenet.com/actinic_keratosis/article.htm#tocd

Got to catch this stuff early, and get rid of it.

I noticed it about 3 weeks ago, And while it's quite small, I've had enough of these to realize what happens , if you let them go to long.

It's jut behind the left ear, on the scalp, and just about where the hairline is on the scalp.

It's been scabby, and occasionally bleeding. Typical signs, and looks very similar to others that I've had in the past, on other parts of my body.

Hopefully they will just be able to freeze it off, and I can go back in a couple of months for a follow up.

I also have to fast tonight.  I'm having a lipid panel tomorrow ( Monday) morning@ 8:15, so I will start my fast for that in about 3 hours. I'll be curious as to how these results come out.

Over and out----Ray  :P

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:39:18 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: I made an apointment this past Friday,...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:45:19 pm »
Hey Ray,

I, too, know how important it is to get this early. Glad to see you are on top of it

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 06:00:39 pm »
Hey Ray,

I, too, know how important it is to get this early.

It's kind of strangely funny in a way, at this age and this point in my life, I am more concerned about my skin and possible skin cancer, than I am about the HIV.  I've had more appointments with dermatologist than I've had with HIV doctors, through the years  :o

Thanks Mark-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 05:00:15 am »

I had my appointment at the VA hospital, yesterday afternoon, with the dermatologist,  to have this thing checked out on my scalp.

They decided not to biopsy, but instead, decided to freeze it off. They also discovered 3 more areas of possible concern, and froze those.  Two were on my back and one on my left ankle.

So, I'll just keep an eye on them for now. He told me not to hesitate to call back and make another appointment, just in case they have to take further action.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 09:50:15 am »

Ray, nothing wrong with any of this, I had something frozen-off the top of my head and the back of my right-leg about 2 yrs ago, and they didn't come back whatever they were medicare listed both of them as a B-9  lesion(s), so at least your getting them looked at, being pro-active in your health-care is a good thing  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.