Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

Opinions, PLease

(1/2) > >>

wesley88:
First, thanks for all the input you guys give me. 

I spoke to my doctor about starting Agrifta.  She claims that she doesn't like prescribing it because "of minimal results."

Is this really true?  Just how effective is the drug in reducing the visceral fat in the gut?I'm confused.  Thanks. 

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: wesley88 on June 07, 2015, 04:19:44 pm ---First, thanks for all the input you guys give me. 

I spoke to my doctor about starting Agrifta.  She claims that she doesn't like prescribing it because "of minimal results."

Is this really true?  Just how effective is the drug in reducing the visceral fat in the gut?I'm confused.  Thanks. 

--- End quote ---

My doctor holds the same opinion and in my case my diabetes precludes me from using it.
Its a very expensive drug and works only as long as you take it. I hope others that have tried it chime in, I know we have a few members who use it .

Wade:
Jeff speaks the truth, my Doc says the same.
Several years ago I tried serostem before egrifta was approved,
my blood sugar jumped into the three hundreds.
Wasn't worth becoming a diabetic. My sugar stays below 90 now.

The results are also slow,and the fat returns when stopped,
Also very expensive .

wesley88:
Guys, thanks.  I'm just very distressed over the increase in the visceral fat in my gut.  My intense aerobic workouts just don't seem reducing it.  I'm at a loss. 

Jeff G:
How long have you been poz and does your doctor think the fat accumulation is from your meds ?

I have the same problem but it dose'nt seem to be getting any worse thankfully . I need to do a better job of eating right as any normal weight gain in fat makes the problem seem larger than it is .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version