Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 340
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: the bruise of the family peach  (Read 7749 times)

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
the bruise of the family peach
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:57:13 am »
These last few days I have been a little bit of a debbie downer. Weird dreams and recent turns of events have left me feeling less than kosher. 

In a nutshell, I am afraid of dying alone. Not saying that I am dying anytime soon...but I dreamed I was last night...and while I was laying there, waiting for someone to come wish me fairwell or to say I love you, no one showed up. I just lied there waiting.  I woke up feeling very empty today. Not necessarily depressed, but hollow.

I don't entirely blame this on my lack of a love life...but it seems to play a part in it. Seeing friends go out on dates, building relationships and such makes me resent them to a point.  I know..I know...I should be happy for them and I am. I just wish I had the same thing...no such luck...

Alot of this has to do with my lack of family really. I DO have a family...it's that they show up when someone dies (recently David) and when I do something to make them mad....like before my knowing my status they heard a family rumor that I was a whore.. (WHICH I WASN'T)... causing me to get multiple phone calls and emails...nice to know they are there during the REALLY important times..  :-\ 

Financialy, my situation is getting better. With the new job and my recent sale a few "gems" I had put up on eBay, I have made enough to cover rent -which includes utilities- and my car insurance. Tution is another story.  Have to go into the financial aid office today to see if I can get another student loan...sigh. Why must a basic post high school education cost an arm and a leg? It's almost more tempting not to go and pay off all my debts...but I know if I stop now I won't go back.

THAT'S ANOTHER THING THAT BOTHERED ME. My auntie and I have never seen eye to eye. I was on the phone with her the other day when I mentioned my tution and what I wanted to do when I got out of college. Here's how it went........

Lotus: "Well I'm taking Life Drawing III, PotteryII, Painting Advanced and Physics 101 this summer semester and the tuition is killing my bank account. Oh well, they have loans I can take out"
Auntie Ave: "Now Jennifer, I know this is a sore subject...but is all this money worth it? I mean, with your condition and all..are you going to be able to get much use out of your degree? With your situation, you can't expect much of a career."
MY CONDITION!? WHAT, DO I HAVE CRONIC HEADACHES? also...what does this woman know of careers.....she has never held a job for more than 3 weeks and married a rich old guy a month after her husband died so he would buy her Chanel bags and liposuction on her ghastly saddlebags...sorry...I'm bitter.
Lotus: "Auntie Ave, I don't know what condition you're referring to but I can assure you I will get plenty of use out of my degree. More than your son's french degree..but I really must go. kiss kiss."

CLICK.

Her son's French degree is a sore subject. He's now working at Ikea after having had his degree for 5 years...and she still refers to him as the "jewel of the family"...while I remain the "bruise" on the family peach. 

ugh. I just wish things would get better...

thank you for letting me rant.

love,
lotus
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline Nadine

Re: the bruise of the family peach
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:06:39 am »
((Big hugs to you, Lotus))

Don't let this world and the people in it get you down, you are a wonderful person, just don't you forget that!

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:10:00 am »
((Big hugs to you, Lotus))

Don't let this world and the people in it get you down, you are a wonderful person, just don't you forget that!

aw thank you nadine! :) That means the world to me <3
-Bette Midler

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 08:19:47 am »
what does this woman know of careers.....she has never held a job for more than 3 weeks and married a rich old guy a month after her husband died so he would buy her Chanel bags and liposuction

:D  :D
sounds like (hope I'm wrong) she's a button-pusher. don't waste an ounce of mental energy on the deliberately unhelpful words of needlers & button-pushers

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 08:28:30 am »
Lotus, I agree with allopath. Sounds like this is one "classy" lady.

People like that are spiders. They gently weave you into civilized cocversation, then once you are firmly trapped, they bite.

Good to bite back like you did.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 08:32:49 am »
Lotus Darling

Tell autie to . . . . . .well never mind it wouldn't be very polite!   >:(
 (With your conditiion?  AAARRRGGGHHH!)

Bruised Peach my ass!

RAB

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 08:37:32 am »
PS: Ask your cousin if he can parley-vous me a discount on a TV tray <g>
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 09:24:14 am »
You are such a marvellous bruise, baby........

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 11:42:15 am »
Bruised Peach
2 oz.Peach Schnaps
1 tsp Raspberry liqueor, artfully layered mid-glass, ofcourse

*repeat as necessary
...possibly add a smidge of 151 rum for a Flaming Bruised Peach

Since my lowlife Cousin died of a heroin overdose a few years ago, the Black Woollen  Family shawl has unofficially been passed on to me. Funny thing is I've outlived ALL of those chain smoking Alcoholic Hypocrites.
Besides, I look good in Black.
Unfortunately, we have no control over who we're related to, which would be a great theme for a series of greeting cards, every Family tree has its Knot Holes,  enjoy the fact that youre one of the blossoms. :-*
I love the way you write. Please keep it up :)
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 06:28:48 pm »
Oh you guys made me so happy just reading that! Certianly brightened up a day that was looking quite bleak... thank you :)
-Bette Midler

Offline Basquo

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 07:43:15 pm »
Here in Texas, bruised peaches end their long lives in a cobbler.  A perfect, sweet, juicy, delicious and RICH cobbler!  With ice cream on top!  Hope your aunt enjoys choking down that bitter escargot that she has to deal with every day of her life.

If you're not dating, then at least bring a hot guy, almost as hot as you, to the next family reunion. Coach him to do everything for you.  It may not be honest, but it's a hell of a lot of fun!

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 04:38:05 am »
hahahahaha I adore you!
Here in Texas, bruised peaches end their long lives in a cobbler.  A perfect, sweet, juicy, delicious and RICH cobbler!  With ice cream on top!  Hope your aunt enjoys choking down that bitter escargot that she has to deal with every day of her life.

If you're not dating, then at least bring a hot guy, almost as hot as you, to the next family reunion. Coach him to do everything for you.  It may not be honest, but it's a hell of a lot of fun!

That's the best idea! I can make this happen...........
-Bette Midler

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 05:22:11 am »
Lotus, the bruise is the BEST part of the peach, darlin'.

Take care,
John

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 02:01:09 pm »
For what it is worth, our Jewels are what actually got us here in the first place

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 06:15:24 pm »
For what it is worth, our Jewels are what actually got us here in the first place

HAHAHA so true....
-Bette Midler

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.