Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:31:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 55346 times)

Offline LOVELIFE

back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:53:38 am »
well i first want to say that finding this site is a life saver. blow
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:12:13 pm by LOVELIFE »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: i must be the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:43:45 pm »
Life,

It's unclear to me if you have actually been tested or not, because in your rush to describe all your symptoms, you never mention testing. You cannot be diagnosed by symptoms alone, and you are not confirmed as hiv positive until you've tested positive on both an ELISA and a Western Blot. Could you clarify for us please? Because oral + condom = no risk.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 02:52:16 pm »
dear ann my test results will be back in one week and yes they will test pos i mean check out theses symptoms i never even knew what geographic tongue was until now. this just all of the sudden shows up after a possible exposure??

life :(
Life,

It's unclear to me if you have actually been tested or not, because in your rush to describe all your symptoms, you never mention testing. You cannot be diagnosed by symptoms alone, and you are not confirmed as hiv positive until you've tested positive on both an ELISA and a Western Blot. Could you clarify for us please? Because oral + condom = no risk.

Ann

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:46:22 pm by LOVELIFE »

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:00:07 pm »
Hey Lovelife,

Indeed Ann rocks.

Until such time that you have tested positive, regardless of your convictions to the contrary you should post in Am I Infected, a more appropriate forum.

I've reported this to the moderators so they can help you by moving it.  You'll get much more situationally appropriate advice there.

Should you test positive, then you post back here.

Good luck on your test results, from what you describe, you will be negative as Ann (who rocks on the rock) said.

Sae.
Meh.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 03:03:07 pm »
Life,

You should not be posting in the Just Tested Poz forum as you have not tested positive yet nor will you considering your details. You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection in anything you have brought to us.

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only the appropriate test at the appropriate time will reliably inform you of your status.

Please read the Welcome Thread  and follow the Lessons links found there.

Please also take note of the Posting Guidelines listed in the Welcome Thread. You should not be posting in any part of the forums other than the Am I Infected forum or the Off Topic forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline backontrack

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 03:49:16 pm »
Hey Lovelife,
Firstly if your symptoms mean HIV then I must have full blown aids.  I wish your symptoms was all I had to deal with. I've tested as negative as they come, and my symptoms trump yours 3 times over!
Secondly, if you truly think they 'flew' to the moon, it goes a long way to explain your presumptuous nature.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 04:04:33 pm »
OK. So readers need to realize when reading the opening of this inflammatory posting that the writer HAS NOT TESTED POSITIVE AS OF NOW AND IS EXTREMELY UNLIKELY TO DO SO.

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE UNFORTUNATELY ALARMING ENTRIES WHICH DOES NOT SERVE ANYONE INCLUDING THE ORIGINAL WRITER WELL.

Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:38:11 pm »
Agreed.

I certainly hope that when the original poster tests negative from this zero risk encounter, that the results are quickly posted, and this thread just as quickly falls away.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 05:34:07 pm »
In the US: This condition has reportedly occurred in up to 3% of the general population in the United States

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic664.htm

And that was just a QUICK search!!!

My bet is we never hear from this guy agian.  You are negative.  You WONT be the first and unfortunately you wont be the last to claim they are the first! 

Make sure you follow everyone's advice and read our lovely Welcome Thread and The Lessons... especially the ones on HIV transmission.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline midvale

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 05:44:29 pm »
http://www.dermnetnz.org/site-age-specific/geographic-tongue.html

In a similar 1 min search I found that Geographic tongue according to this site happends most often to adults and they mention nothing about HIV.  Love: You are spreading fear- as a former ww I beg you to reconsider your post and read the welcome thread.

(please note: I am not an expert-just a former ww, and i don't know anything about the site i refrenced other than I googled)

Offline Charlie565

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 05:45:16 pm »
I hope I'm not stepping overbounds on this, but I couldn't help to see this persons thread.

I did a search and I came up with this:

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Oral/Archive/Symptoms/Q4427.html

I hope this helps him out.

Cheers!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 07:25:06 pm »
Charlie and Mid,

Whilst it's nice that you want to help out, you should leave the giving of advice to those of us who know what we're doing. In particular providing links to sites like thebody is most unhelpful.

Stay in your own threads.

MtD

Offline Charlie565

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 07:43:50 pm »
Sorry Matty,

Won't happen again.

I'll leave it to the experts.

Cheers!

Offline midvale

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 07:58:29 pm »
I dont wish to hyjack the thread, but Matty I have not had a thread in over a year and don't plan on having one since my questions were answered and I have since spent time reading this site and educating myself and my peers. I had fears based on oral symptosm and felt that the poster was going to scare hundreds of people.  Well, I ment no harm, other than assuming this was an open forum (and i don't think i gave false info). but i will sign off now, because i am now unitentionaly hyjacking this thread. 
Love-good luck in getting your medical issues resolved.
-peace

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 01:11:42 am »
hi
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:29:04 am by LOVELIFE »

Offline fred

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 02:03:08 am »
I have had geographic tongue for 11 weeks after a potential exposure some 18 weeks ago.

I have tested negative 7 times out to 15 weeks (including PCR-DNA at 15 weeks)

So you can certainly have Geographic tongue without HIV.

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 02:34:08 am »
sorry about my post guys didn't mean to upset anyone at all. I'm just worried that i could have been infected on purpose. please read original thread and see how........is it even possible by the way i describe even threw oral???????? if you type in (hiv and geographic tongue) lots of threads come up showing how they are related hands down. the immune system goes into shock from the new virus then once the system gets back on track it clears up until a few years later without treatment for the hiv infection. i really think these symptoms are hiv related but you guys don't so if they are not what other STD or viral infection could they be???? i tested neg for a,b,c,d hep and neg for Claudia and gin, last week. could this really be just guilt, stress or anxiety are they that powerful to the body????? sorry guys never wanted to make anyone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be the first to test PPS from oral !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is gonna suck real bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I have my problem with worried wells using so many exclamation points it needs to be stated that, as others already told you, geographic tongue has nothing to do with HIV. Please be careful with statements like that because other worried wells will read this examine their tongue and find something strange and soon we will have a number of unfortunates who loose their sleep over nothing.

Stress can have a huge impact on the body, and the body has only limited ways to show that sometings wrong (be it stress, a cold or HIV). all the conditions you are mentioning can easily be attributed to stress.

The way you are writing sounds like you are highly, severely  stressed. You should address this first by getting help for this condition. You should also not wander through the internet and go symptoms shopping. This is the direct way to the madhouse....

That's it from my side!

Regards

Darkfiber

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 08:50:12 am »
Re: 4th Generation Tests
« Reply #86 on: Today at 08:06:02 AM »

Due to a recent thread in the forum.....

Geographic Tongue, which I have had since 7 weeks post exp.

This shyster has re-awakened my fears....

Is his supposition that Geographic Tongue is a sign of HIV complete b**locks ?

I had just about reconciled myself and was starting to wean myself off all this HIV fear stuff.
I'm sure I must have covered all the bases with the excessive testing I have done.

Thanks,

Fred

That's exactly what I meant when I was writing the other post in this thread.

Geographic tongue is a common occurrence and present in people with and without HIV. There is no higher prevalence of Geographic tongue in HIV positives than in HIV negatives.

from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001049.htm

The specific cause of geographic tongue is unknown, although allergies or vitamin B deficiency may be involved. Other causes may include irritation from hot or spicy foods, alcohol, or tobacco.

Also worried well have responsibilities.

Be careful what you are writing and instead of making a statement ask a question and if answered take it as THE answer and don't post statements like: "if you type in (hiv and geographic tongue) lots of threads come up showing how they are related hands down. the immune system goes into shock from the new virus then once the system gets back on track it clears up until a few years later without treatment for the hiv infection. "

If you type" HIV and outerspace" on google you'll find that it orginated in outerspace (no joke!). Proof here: http://www.google.ch/search?hl=de&q=HIV+and++outerspace&btnG=Suche&meta=

That doesn't help nobody!

Regards

Darkfiber

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 am »
And just by chance, did you also read my response to Fred?

Fred,

You are reliably hiv negative.

How about taking some responsibility for your own actions. This "shyster" didn't reawaken your fears, YOU did that to yourself by coming to this forum.

Ann

Certainly inflammatory postings don't help, but if more people would get the information they need and then TURN THE COMPUTER OFF and get some face to face help with their anxieties, we'd all be a bit better off.

Nobody can MAKE us feel anyway we don't want to. We choose to be anxious. Really, we do. We can also choose to let things go. All the worry in the world will not change the results of medical testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 11:04:19 am »
Life,

I already told you you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection during your incident. A person CANNOT infect you on purpose while giving you a blowjob, nor can they infect you on purpose while you give him a blowjob when a condom is being used.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 12:53:18 pm »
[dequote author=Ann link=topic=3131.msg35918#msg35918 date=1156431859]
Life,
dear ann

Ann

[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:48:03 pm by LOVELIFE »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 12:58:15 pm »
You need to work on calming down. No kidding.

All of your fears and hysteria notwithstanding.....

Stay productively busy, breathe and you will be amazed at how much better you will feel. 
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 01:01:10 pm »
But if you wait the 13 weeks and test you will know for sure!
RIDE!!!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 01:11:20 pm »
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit iam going to be the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you decide to post rationally, it will be possible to have a conversation with you. Let me know when that happens.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 01:26:56 pm »
is it possible that i got infected  jk????

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 01:28:18 pm »
No, it is not.

Welcome Thread

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 01:35:20 pm »
do you think that a test at 9 weeks was worth it or should i test at 13 weeks. everyone is laughing at my comments but I'm really scared and truly hope for a neg test but for this possible exposure is 9 weeks good enough considering that my hep and stds are all neg??????????

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 01:40:47 pm »
I am not laughing. I'm actually a little appalled. I hope that someday, sooner than later, you re read this thread and see how irrational you are coming across.

No one gave you HIV - intentionally or un-  from protected insertive oral sex. And that's the full extent of my participation in this public, rather embarrassing psychological drama.

Welcome Thread

Offline LOVELIFE

still need some strong answers!!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 02:51:19 pm »
hello again everyone i just thought i would say that all the feed back about me being infected on purpose by another male during oral has been great if you say. i want everyone to read my original post and try to understand that after meeting this person i strongly thought that this sex worker could have gave me the virus on purpose through our oral contact! what would the odds be no one has said?? and if it was a tampered condom on both ends mine and his could the virus sneek into my body ? i saw no blood on my tongue and no blood on or in my mouth. i have lots of symptoms but everyone keeps saying they are all related to stress and anxiety. please someone help with my research and tell me if it is truly possible to infect someone through oral. my tests are due back in a few days and all i keep hearing is oral is low risk well if it is low risk why do i have all these crazy symptoms. geographic tongue just doesn't show up out of no where especially after a risky encounter like this i mean i never had this before why now after a month and bit from this blowjob???? if i test negative which i wont i will and want to treat all of you to a big party at our house and we will pay for everything!!!!!!!!! somehow this guy infected me on purpose and I'm looking for answers on how it could be done during oral. we both had domes on but something just doesn't seem right!!!!!!! anyfeed back would be great now lets get the ball rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  thanks all of you for everything

Offline ACinKC

Re: still need some strong answers!!!!
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 03:12:18 pm »
10-1 odds this gets moved.  Keep it in the original thread love.
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

Re: still need some strong answers!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 03:13:36 pm »
Also wanted to add.... no way no how is this an HIV infection incident.  Don't believe ME? See posts from Ann and everyone else, dont believe THEM?  GO TEST AT 13 WEEKS!
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 03:17:34 pm »
Life,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection. NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 02:38:04 pm »
Life,

Please STOP PMing me. You are not asking any questions that you haven't already - and had the answers to - in this thread.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection. If you think people are out to deliberately infect you with hiv, you need the attention of a mental health care professional, not an internet forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

tests are almost in
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 10:58:26 am »
well just to get some feed back from the experts i was tested at the 9 week mark for hiv and due to the response to my possible exposure of everyone saying that this was not a hiv threat then would my 9 week neg test be a pretty good indicator that all the experts are right on the money and i should just relax and move on with my life?????? i have had lots of wierd symptoms but everyone keeps telling me that i didnt have a exposure! no one has really answered my main question which was could someone give you the virus on purpose during only oral contact? i was there and no one else but for some reason i think this guy was out to hurt and infect others for no purpose. i dont even know how you could infect someone on purpose during oral. i saw no blood and yes there was a condom on both of us but i dont know if they were ripped or not. how long can the virus live outside the body?????????????? no blood on penis and no blood in mouth but still think i might have been infected by this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any new comments would be great and ill let you all now my results soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks to all the experts and especially ann who is so hard on me and my questions but i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

Re: tests are almost in
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 11:00:35 am »
Please keep all your questions and thoughts in your original thread.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 11:09:49 am »
Please keep all your questions and thoughts in your original thread.
sorry rod but do you think my 9 week test is worth it since you and almost everyone else dont think i had a exposure?????????????????/

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 11:12:57 am »
You aren't going to get any different evaluations of your risk because you didn't have one.

Test if you must for the inevitable negative result.

Please stick to your original thread. I'm going to lock this one. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:29:02 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 11:36:56 am »
Life,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. This is the second time I've had to do this - please get with the program.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

There are no new comments to make concerning your situation. None of our answers are going to change. You've had no risk and no need to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 04:35:44 pm »
LOVELIFE, I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't PM me asking the same questions you have already asked in this forum and have been given answers to. I do not answer any questions by PM period. You have been given your assessment and it is time for you to move on. If you are unable to move on, seek the help of a mental help professional.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 05:17:11 pm »
Lovelife,

If you really love life as your board name imply, I would request that you do not PM me to ask me to comment further.

There is NOTHING I can say that as been already said.

PLEASE get on with your life.

I wish you well.

Alain. :)

Offline LOVELIFE

tests are 3 days late now worried?
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2006, 02:14:37 pm »
my tests are 3 days overdue and i have had wierd sores on my tongue now for two months after possible exposure? is this all from stress experts or ars symptoms? i cant sleep well at night and i get tingling sensations in my hands and legs that come and go all the time> my tongue has never had this before is this a sign or not please answer i really upset!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: tests are 3 days late now worried?
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2006, 02:40:43 pm »
1. Stop starting new threads. I'm locking this one. Keep your entries in your previous thread.

2. Discuss your latest symptoms with your doctor.

3. Tests being late are about testing site schedules and don't have anything to do with the test result itself.  Call the site and ask them when you can expect your result.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2006, 06:34:29 pm »
Life,

This is the THIRD time I've had to merge your threads. Please stop starting new threads.

You've also been asked to stop PMing people. I see you're still doing it. Stop.

All things considered, you are on a fast track to a time out. You never had a risk to begin with and you don't seem to read a single thing written to you, so I don't really see the point in allowing you to continue. In the spirit of fairness, I'll let this post be a warning.

Stop starting new threads. Stop using the PM function to pester other members about your troubles. And Stop going on about a no risk situation as though it were the end of the world.

Please DO seek the assistance of a mental health care professional to help you deal with your hiv anxieties. There is nothing more we can do for you here - especially as you do not seem to listen to anything anyway. Please consider yourself warned - or have a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »
okay ill talk about a better topic now! i dont want to upset anyone else anymore!!!! well my tests were due back a week ago so i was just looking for some feedback which would be this for example.........my tests were sent to the public health unit and alot of friends have said that if anything bad had shown up they would have contacted my doc asap before the longweekend. i was hoping to get a answer from the experts about this .........would the public health just send back a sheet stating that a person is hiv pos or if they saw i was pos would they contact doc right away?? please dont get mad at this question guys!!!!! i just saying the test is probably done by now and if it was neg they would just ship it off in prioity but if it was poz would they still just ship it back or would my doc get a heads up before the paper work got to his office???
thanks everyone hope this comment doesnt get me a time out???? i dont think it will

well i first want to say that finding this site is a life saver. what I'm about to tell all of you is the truth and nothing but the truth. all this talk about not getting infected from oral is now forgotten. at least to me anyways. i am married and tried something new with a male but what i didn't know is that he infected me on purpose somehow which i still cant figure out how he did it so any comments would be greatly read by me! all we did was oral and here it is..............he put the condom on me with his mouth and sucked me for 2 Min's tops. the condom was still on when i blew but he was jerking me now far away from his mouth. i sucked him for maybe 10 sec with condom on and got nervous and stopped. well i saw no blood on my cock and no blood in my mouth so I'm still wondering if the condom was tampered with or cut allowing his virus to enter into my penis hole. i know some of you think I'm full of shit but this is the whole trout and exactly what went on no bull shit here!!!!! I'm just looking for some answers or comments on how a person can infect you on purpose with a dome on. let me further continue and tell all the aids docs out there that geographic tongue is a 100% hiv symptom if you dint already have it. its true geographic tongue is 100% proof your infected so when they say its not related trust me it is!!!!!!!!!!! he res all my symptoms in the past 3 months after exposure..
! geographic tongue 1 month
2.ear ach 1 month
3 dizzyness
4 tingling in hands and feet as well as burning sensations
5 restless legs probably due to anxiety
6 dry mouth
7 sore neck and back
8 1 night sweat so far just happened
9 headaches
10 nose bleeds 2 times so far
11 sore throat

alot of pros say a fever is always present with early signs but i ha vent had one at all and my neck glands have been perfect. feed back on this would be great and i hope my wife and my kids can move on and live a great life together

love all you guys and girls and lets get a cure for all of us and stop wasting time......if we can fly to the moon we can find a cure for one cell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2006, 03:50:48 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline LOVELIFE

tests are back and still scared
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 01:47:31 pm »
well everyone i just got the phone call from the doc and yes im pos so hopefully now the experts can look at my old threads and try to help me and my mind figure out just how this could happen to me during oral sex!!! i know i said there were condoms but i strongly felt like something was fishy with the entire ordeal! did blood go into the opening of my penis from the condom being tampered with or was it just plain fluke? i am so scared and dont know what to do. im gonna need alot of help and support and now im like most other pos people wondering just when and where will they ever find a cure for this virus? will it ever be done experts or are we all just riding on empty hope for the future? i know we have come a long way but why not a cure yet? if it is close then how close is it really? i dont know what else to say but that im sorry for pissing everyone off and that im just really really scared!!!! i have a great job with benefits and hope they will cover my meds.

thanks everyone hopefully talk to you soon. i really wish all your tough comments about me not going to test pos would have come true i really do!!!!! >:(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:05:36 am by LOVELIFE »

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: i really need answers now!!!
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 02:40:34 pm »
Retracted after reading previous posts....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:22:27 pm by Eric »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2006, 09:40:26 pm »
I am sorry to hear that you have been notified by your doctor of a positive test result. You might ask to see a printed test result just to be sure. 

Along with that I would say the most beneficial thing for you now is to deal with what is rather than what brought this result about. Going back into your history to sort out when it may have happened is not the important thing now.

Whenever someone tests positive the most important thing is to make sure you establish a relationship with a good doctor with whom you can have a solid working partnership to keep you healthy. That means having your numbers monitored regularly. And by the way, sharing your doctor's comments here as well as the numbers he gives you when you have blood tests, etc. will be helpful in getting further informed responses from others here.

There are a number of lessons on this site which I think you will find helpful so please read them. In the LIVING WITH section you will also find information and support about whatever your concerns are. You can ask quesitons there and discuss anything that's on your mind. 

HIV is obviously a serious new element in your life. Gradually you will learn everything you need to know in order to stay healthy. Give yourself time to do that. 

I think you will find helpful support here.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:50:00 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2006, 09:59:46 pm »
I don't believe that Andy reread your post in the "Am I Infected" forum as to getting infected by PROTECTED ORAL or giving ORAL which was PROTECTED.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2006, 10:41:44 pm »
I don't believe that Andy reread your post in the "Am I Infected" forum as to getting infected by PROTECTED ORAL or giving ORAL which was PROTECTED.
hey rapid read my old threads and the condoms were rigged somehow with maybe a hole or blood i dont know???

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2006, 10:46:54 pm »
Love,

We've all read your other thread and are familiar with what you claim to have happened. I agree with Andy when he suggests that you get your confirmation in writing doll. In this latest phone call, your doctor did say you had returned both a positive ELISA and a positive Western Blot, didn't s/he?

Sometimes there are misunderstandings about this stuff. You owe it to yourself and to us to get this confirmed one way or another.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 05:43:19 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?

I notice that you are bopping into various other sections to inquire about polls related to vaccines, etc.

How about concentrating on your own immediate health situation and keeping us informed about what's happening with that?

Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 08:04:20 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?sorry andy ill get yomy labs this week for you and the guys. i also have had these weird red patchs on my tongue since the one month exposure and they wont go away! my immune system must really be down!!!!llabs are comn

I notice that you are bopping into various other sections to inquire about polls related to vaccines, etc.

How about concentrating on your own immediate health situation and keeping us informed about what's happening with that?

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 08:05:08 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 08:06:04 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?sorry andy my labs are comn this week and i will get them to you asap.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2006, 08:06:38 pm »
    hi quote author=Andy Velez link=topic=3528.msg40536#msg40536 date=1157492599]

[/quote]

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2006, 08:08:57 pm »
 sorry andy ill get you my labs as soon as i can just for you and rapid. andy i have had these red patchs on my tongue i month since i was infected and they wont go away? do you think my immune system is that low by now?? talk to you soon andy thanks  [      quote author=Andy Velez link=topic=3528.msg40536#msg40536 date=1157492599]

[/quote]

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2006, 08:11:52 pm »
Love,

You need to ask your doctor to give you your positive test results in writing. To be confirmed as HIV positive you need to have:

1. A positive ELISA test result

AND

2. A positive Western Blot test result

Until you have unimpeachable evidence of BOTH of these, you cannot be considered HIV positive.

Make an appointment to see your doctor.

MtD

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2006, 09:40:55 pm »
You know what is really sad about this thread and your thread in the "Am I Infected" forum?  You really WANT to be HIV positive.

Speaking for those of us who REALLY are positive...............you should seek some counseling.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline LOVELIFE

how long can hiv live outside the body experts?????
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2006, 09:00:23 am »
well a friend of mine who thinks he might have been infected on purpose as well just informed me that my sitiuation was simliar to his. what i want to know from the experts is just how long the virus can live out of the human body? the way that i think i became infected is probably the same way my friend could be infected with the person putting his blood or semen which has the virus into the tip of the condom then placing it on the penis therfore allowing the virus itself the chance to enter into the top of the penis opening and infect the partner. this is probably how i got infected but i really didnt know hiv could live out of the body. if the semen was kept in a needle then used later i guess the virus could survive for as long as it wants> well this sitiuation is simliar to mine and after speaking to my doc he said it is possible for the virus to enter into the opening of the penis and infect a person that way.well rapid i love waiting to hear your replys so take a shot at this one and let me have it! i even tried this with a condom and the semen or saliva will stay in the tip of the condom without pouring out therefore allowing the condom to be put on with the liqiud still in the dome!!!!!

Offline fred

Re: how long can hiv live outside the body experts?????
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 09:07:38 am »
FFS

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 09:09:32 am »
Has your friend been tested or is he just speculating that he's infected?

If he has any doubts about his status he should get tested at 13 weeks past the most recent incident of concern. 

Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 09:14:49 am »
Has your friend been tested or is he just speculating that he's infected?

If he has any doubts about his status he should get tested at 13 weeks past the most recent incident of concern. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2006, 09:15:32 am »
Life,

How many times do you need to be told to STOP starting new threads?

You are on very thin ice in these forums. It seems to me - and the other moderators - that you are only here to cause trouble. It's time for you to wise up.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2006, 12:02:08 pm »
dear ann im not here to cause any problems at all for anyone i have enough problems already with my situation,. ann i just told the fact of how this person infected me and because no one is making a commit on this i think that you and all others could agree that this is a possible way that you could be infected on purpose by someone is it not? i have read some of your comments that it would take louds of blood to infect someone during oral sex but i have also read on most sites that oral is risky and you only have to have small cut and a bit of blood or semen to become infected this way. pleaese respond to this senario and let us know if you think this would be a way to infect a person while using a condom? i just spoke to a aids worker from toronto and she said that it would be very tough to infect someone this way but what about the opening of the penis is this not a direct route ann??? please answer and ill stop starting new threads and stay in my boundries!!!! thanks ann     
Life,

How many times do you need to be told to STOP starting new threads?

You are on very thin ice in these forums. It seems to me - and the other moderators - that you are only here to cause trouble. It's time for you to wise up.

Ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2006, 12:22:37 pm »
Life,

To be blunt, no one is commenting on your "situation" because quite frankly, we don't believe a word of it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 12:35:50 pm »
 ann i know this is a tough pill to swallow but please ann im not try to start shit or problems. we just need your answer of what you think if this could have been the route of infection even with a small amount of blood or semen? is this enough to infect someone or does hiv have little chance outside the body? in a needle i have been told it could last up 2 weeks and in liquid with it could last up to a week? please ann we need a answer if this is a way to infect someone  or would it be just to hard! 
Life,

To be blunt, no one is commenting on your "situation" because quite frankly, we don't believe a word of it.

Ann

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 01:25:26 pm »
Ann has already responded to you. Our position about what is possible theoretically and what actually happens in the real world is quite clear. It's evident in many responses as well as in the transmission lesson on this site.   

If your "friend" has a concern then he/she should get tested. It's not a complicated situation.

You keep insisting that we should comment on "is this possible?...." We're not going to say anything beyond what we have already.

And you don't have a choice about whether you can continue to begin new threads or not.

You'll get banned if you insist on following your own ideas instead of our rules. So don't imagine you can do whatever you like here and thusly force us into saying more than we want to.

Since we seem not to be satisfying your wishes or needs you are always free to go elsewhere where perhaps you will find a more responsive and informed reception.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:31:18 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

need some help with this everyone?
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2006, 09:20:30 am »
thanks for answering andy and i hope this is where you wanted me to go if not very sorry. well i just got my tests back and like the experts said the doc did scare me and im not yet hiv pos i think. i did my tests at the 9 week and 4 day period and this isnt the 12 week mark or 13 but is pretty close which is why im concerend. my tests are as follows;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
the elisa was reactive
the pcr was neg
the p24 was neg
the western blot was great that it was neg

i have been speaking to many pros and aids experts about this elisa being reactive and they have said that it is not uncommon for this to happen to people that it is the wbt that is the final answer. they have all said that many factors can make a elisa react like this so i shouldnt be scared but iam. my question to them was "if the elisa was to pick up hiv in my body then wouldnt the wbt have some kind of reading of hiv or would it miss it compltely?:" the doc told me that if the elisa picked up hiv then the wbt would for sure have read onto something and not have come back neg. is the doc right or can you have the elisa read hiv and the wbt not pick it up not to forget the other two tests not picking anything up as well???? i was tested for all the heps at the same time and those were neg so the elisa wasnt picking up that i dont think anyways. i did have a blood transfusion over 20 years ago so the doc said maybe that could be it but i also have had warts but who really knows all i am really scared about is can the elisa say yes to hiv and the others say no i have been all over the net and they all say that the wbt is the final result period end of story go home and have a glass of wine? did i test to early everyone because all the health care workers said the 9 week is 85% and the fact that the wbt said neg is even better! please i need some real answers thanks everyone!

Offline Dachshund

Re: need some help with this everyone?
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2006, 09:23:34 am »
Your questions have been answered time and again in Am I Infected. I'm sure Anne and Andy will set you and the record straight in no time.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2006, 09:25:24 am »
thanks dash hound but im just scared about that reactive elisa test. what do you think?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2006, 09:27:03 am »
thanks dash hound but im just scared about that reactive elisa test. what do you think?

I think you are grasping at straws.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
what do you mean dash? do you think the 9 week was good enough?

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2006, 09:36:06 am »
IF YOU TRULY "LOVELIFE",  then why are you in the "Living with HIV/AIDS Forum", harrassing people who are struggling to have a normal existence with this bug in their veins????????????

If you truly care about people and "LOVE LIFE", then stick with the forum that you are supposed to be in.  We have a life with HIV to figure out here, and frankly we don't have the time to answer questions that have been answered over and over and over and over again.

Not impresssed!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2006, 09:37:38 am »
what do you mean dash? do you think the 9 week was good enough?

Look, leave me out of this...it is obvious no answer will satisfy you. You will just come back and start a new thread and get the same answers. I will let the moderators deal with your problems...your problems are above my pay grade.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2006, 09:54:22 am »
im truly sorry i thought this is where andy wanted me to post please move this to its best spot sorry guys>

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2006, 09:59:04 am »
LL, I told you exactly what to do when you PM'd me. You need to notify readers in your previously established threads that you have tested negative on the western blot. Which means you are HIV negative. Period.

Your anxiety is a separate issue.

I am locking this thread and other than entering the above in your previous thread in the I JUST TESTED POZ section to indicate your negative status on wb, you need to stay out of the HIV positive sections from now on or you are going to get banned.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:00:43 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

Re: tests are back and still scared
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2006, 10:18:55 am »
sorry for posting in the wrong part andy. well just got the tests back and like the experts said the doc did scare me. i dont think im hiv pos yet but still very confused. i did my tests at the 9 week and 4 day period and the results were as follows...................elisa was shown to be reactive
                                                        the pcr was neg
                                                        the p24 was neg
                                                        the western blot was neg

i have been speaking to many hiv workers this past week about the elisa being reactive and they have said that is not uncommon for this to happen and that its the wbt that will make the final  outcome. they have said that many factors can make the elisa react like this so i shouldnt be scared at all. my worry is if the elisa was to pick up hiv in my body then why didnt the others or for that matter the wbt pick it up? can the elisa read hiv and the wbt test miss it?
could the elisa pick up hiv and the other two miss it?
i have been to some sites and they all say that if the elisa was to pick up hiv then the wbt would have had some kind of reaction in the lab 100% for sure so the doc said whatever tipped the elisa off was not hiv but rather something else. it cant be hep cause i had them all done at the same time and they all came back neg which was great so i wonder what could have triggered it to be reactive that is my big worry> i really hope im not one of those people who hasnt shown any antibodies yet and may still be infected> i guess what i need to know is if the elisa was triggered by hiv then would the others not show something at all? the aids help line worker said if the elisa was hiv then the wbt would have given some kind of reaction period end of story, she alos said she has never heard of a elisa being reactive with hiv and the wbt not picking it up as well it just doesnt happen> can someone please help me out with all this whos right and whats going on here! thanks everyone!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

Re: tests are back and still scared
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2006, 10:22:13 am »
You're negative.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2006, 10:24:55 am »
hi rapid thanks but can the elisa pick up hiv and not the wbt?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2006, 10:26:34 am »
Dear All,

THE BOTTOM LINE AFTER ALL THIS STURM UND DRANG is that LL has tested negative on the western blot.
Whenever there is a positive or inconclusive ELISA, a negative on the western blot always trumps the ELISA.

He is HIV negative. Period.

The rest is all about HIV hysteria.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2006, 10:26:50 am »
Life,

I've merged your three threads together - your original, the one from the Newly diagnosed forum and the one you started today in the Living forum. I see you've posted random posts in other forums as well - do not continue doing that. THIS is the ONLY forum you should post in.

As you have been repeatedly told, you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection in anything you have brought to this forum. You had a false positive ELISA test - they can happen for all sorts of reasons - but your subsequent testing proves that you are hiv negative. No surprise there as you never had a risk to begin with.

The WB test is ALWAYS use to confirm a positive ELISA. This is standard proceedure.

You do NOT have hiv.

Don't let me catch you posting in any other forum again.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2006, 10:27:11 am »
You're negative period. WB is the conclusion.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2006, 10:31:36 am »
okay rapid im neg and yes ann ill stay in here from now on. no has really answered what i wanted and that is can the elisa pick up hiv and the others miss it even the wbt which some say is 99.3% . im still worried and is the 9week long enough? doc whants me to retest what do you think rapid?

Offline fred

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2006, 10:33:15 am »
Congratulations on your negative status !  :D

Well, who'd have thought it ?

Offline RapidRod

Re: tests are in! re.test or not?
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2006, 10:38:36 am »
You can retest all you want, your negative status is not going to change.

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2006, 10:40:23 am »
Ok i haven't signed in for a long time but i still read the forums, Lovelife i owned a restaurant in 2001 and cheated on my wife with a waitress, in 2002 i moved to Greece and july of 2004 i went and gave blood at the hospital a week later they called me back to run my blood through the not elisa but axman (don't know how to spell it but it's pronouced like that) screening test, then they sent out to the lab in Athens for a western blot i waited a full anxiety week when it returned it was good news negative and it happened again in april 2005 but again western blot negative. I still get anxiety attacks but i owe a big thank you to everybody here at aidsmeds they know what they are talking about.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2006, 10:44:24 am »
thanks herc. so i guess its safe to say that if the elisa or any other pre screening test picks up hiv then is safe to say that the other following tests would test pos as well including the big one the wbt? dont know what would have made this be reactive but herc im still only at the 9 and half week point? i still have weird patchs on my tongue and spots along the inner cheeks that come and go in 24 hours no more then 48 so do you really think im in the clear?

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2006, 10:52:07 am »
ann can you please clear up the possibility of the elisa picking up hiv and not the other tests? can the wbt miss the hiv all together if the elisa picked it up? everyone i have spoke to says it would be 100% impossible for me to show hiv on elisa and not have something come back on the wbt! is this true or not?
please answer experts>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2006, 10:54:17 am »
Well from what i have read is this if someone is truely positive, they say that the western blot would be negative in the window period, or if your so sick that your body has no antibodies, or hiv2 but i have been told that even if someone has hiv2 would show up indetermenet on western blot hiv1. but come on now i am 41yrs old and i've had hundreds of unprotected blow jobs the only thing i ever got was warts in 1990, but it's even been yrs since i had a wart pop back up.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2006, 10:55:31 am »
How many times have you been told that you CAN get a false positive? The WB confirms if the test was false or positive and in your case you are negative. WB will not give you a incorrect test result. This is it we don't need to discuss this any further.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2006, 10:59:25 am »
Life,

can the wbt miss the hiv all together if the elisa picked it up?
NO!

everyone i have spoke to says it would be 100% impossible for me to show hiv on elisa and not have something come back on the wbt!
TRUE

Life, how many times do you have to be told that getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection? You didn't have a risk, you didn't need to test and you are hiv NEGATIVE.

Keep this up and you will earn yourself a four week time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2006, 11:08:49 am »
thankyou very much ann and no i wont need a time out i can assure you of that thnaks for the quotes and just one more thing is that i know im not past the window of 12 or 13 weeks but with this being said can the elisa pick up the hiv and not the wbt and the other two that i had done? i know you answered this close to this but herc said he has read that the elisa can say yes to hiv and the wbt if not past the window period yet?

please ann i need your reserach to get me out of my stress and anxiety! was 9 and half weeks to early for me to show???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2006, 11:41:42 am »
Life,

I'm going to say this one more time.

You did not have a risk.

You are not in a window period.

You are hiv negative.

Period. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline deepblue

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2006, 11:43:38 am »
Hey Life,

Thanks God you come back with a Negative result.  Your false alarm made me up all night yesterday worrying about my test at 4 week.  

Good luck with your test.  No doubt Negative.

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2006, 12:02:42 pm »
thankyou very much ann and no i wont need a time out i can assure you of that thnaks for the quotes and just one more thing is that i know im not past the window of 12 or 13 weeks but with this being said can the elisa pick up the hiv and not the wbt and the other two that i had done? i know you answered this close to this but herc said he has read that the elisa can say yes to hiv and the wbt if not past the window period yet?

please ann i need your reserach to get me out of my stress and anxiety! was 9 and half weeks to early for me to show???
Listen to what they are telling you, they know. Over here in Greece and alot of european countries window period is 8 weeks, i am just telling you what i read but i really know the truth is what everybody here say's and what the lab in Athens has told me is that the western blot is the gold standard and mistakes cannot happen with the western blot if it's negative your negative, if it's indetermenet then you need to retest again in a month or so, if it's positive then you are positive.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2006, 12:31:06 pm »
so i guess everyone is telling me that if the elisa found anything to do with hiv then the other tests including the wbt would have had to have had some kind of reaction to this right ???????

elisa just cant find some hiv and the others not right??

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2006, 12:33:30 pm »
 heu blue   are you going to have more tests done or are you alright with the 4 week test? i still have some strange looking white and red patchs on my tongue and this is what keeps me scared? doc and dentist say its geographic tongue but i dont know  [     quote author=deepblue link=topic=3131.msg43250#msg43250 date=1158162218]
Hey Life,

Thanks God you come back with a Negative result.  Your false alarm made me up all night yesterday worrying about my test at 4 week.  

Good luck with your test.  No doubt Negative.
[/quote]

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2006, 12:37:43 pm »
In a positive screening test they cannot say you are hiv positive until the western blot is done, a positive elisa tries to find anybody suspected in being hiv positive.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2006, 12:41:42 pm »
thanks herc so if the elisa found hiv then the wbt would have confirmed this right? what do you think triggered the elisa to test reactive? i did have a blood transfusion 20 years ago but i dont know what made this go off!

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2006, 01:21:04 pm »
thanks herc so if the elisa found hiv then the wbt would have confirmed this right? what do you think triggered the elisa to test reactive? i did have a blood transfusion 20 years ago but i dont know what made this go off!
Yes the WB would of came back positive, as to what triggered the screening test i don't know, from what they told me at the lab it could be hundreds of things, i honestly do think that with me a couple months  before i went to go give blood i was taking anabolic steroids (sustanon and deca) for weight lifting i was taking a shot a week and a day before i went to give blood i took another shot, so i think that maybe my body sent out antibodies to get rid of that foreign substance and it crossed reactid with the test, what else could it be.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:25:07 pm by hercules »

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2006, 01:26:48 pm »
hey herc ive done lots of roids in the past 5 years from sustanon and deca and much more but have been off them for close to a year! i would think that all these roids would have been cleared from my system by now>you know what i just wanna make sure that if any one ever had a elisa come back reactive that the wb would have to as well end od story!

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2006, 01:28:51 pm »
Sustanon is i think the only steroid that stay's in your blood stream for a very long time.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2006, 01:31:49 pm »
OK boys, this fear-fueling love fest is ending right here.

Life, you've been warned. You are now being given a four week time out. Don't create a new account to get around your time out, because if you do, I will know and you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Hercules, you aren't in any position to be giving advice here. Please cease and desist.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2006, 01:29:35 am »
well im back from my time out that wasnt needed but i really wish people would listen rather then punish. im really scared about hiv and since the time out have found out that what i had said in my original threads about being infected on purpose is true what this person has been trying to do to others. anyways heres where i stand so far...............full sti screen at 9 weeks all neg hep a b c all neg and my hiv results were reactive elisa neg p24 neg wbt i then had  another test at 15 weeks all stis neg a b c neg for heps and the hiv test was still the same. why im really scared is that my elisa keeps reacting!!!!!!!!!!! i have spoken to doctors who are saying that im late seroconverting but i mean i have had some symptoms and the most noticable symptoms are the painless ulcers on my tongue which have been there 1 month after the possible exposure and the painless little ulcers on the inside of my cheeks that come and go in 24 hours some times????

so experts here we go...........................would it be possible for my hep tests to come up neg but the hiv elisa react to it? if the hep tests are neg do you really think the elisa would pick up the antibodie instead?

is it possible for the elisa to find and react to a hiv antibodie and the wbt miss it?

for hiv night sweats is a fever usually present?

another hiv doc said that i could have a very high viral load but would it be safe to say that if the virus was doing all this quick damage to my mouth so soon that do you think a hiv antibodie would have been picked up at the 15 week mark or even the 9 week mark? can the virus do all this damage and still not be detected on a test even past the window period?

well its good do be back and hope this time out brings me better luck and a very special thanks to deepbluesee2003 who was with me the whole time during my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well ann i really did miss you and no hard feelings so goahead and kick me back some answers to my questions cause im truly confused and scared that im not producing anti bodies. should i do a pcr or do you think the wbt is the best thing to keep me happy?????? thankyou ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:44:14 am by LOVELIFE »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:17 am »
I've merged your new thread into your (now unlocked) original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

The purpose of your time out was not to punish, but to encourage you to get the face to face help you need.

Your negative WB means that you are hiv negative. This is a confirmatory test following a reactive ELISA and you are only ever considered hiv positive if the WB is also positive. Yours haven't been. You are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2006, 08:37:57 am »
dear ann thankyou for your advice im really still scared and have gotten help but i did have a few more questions i just posted would you be so kind and help sort them out by answering some of them with the experts? ive had two reactive elisas and would really like some advice on those questions ive been waiting 4 weeks to post? thanks experts i mean that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2006, 09:10:48 am »
Life,

You may have had two reactive ELISAs, but you have also had two NEGATIVE Western Blots. This means you are hiv negative.

There are things that can cause false positive ELISAs. Some of them are pregnancy, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, EBV and some autoimmune syndromes. You have ruled out HAV and HBV and I assume it's safe to say you're not pregnant. This leaves other options for you to explore with your doctor as to why you are getting false positives on your ELISAs. It has nothing to do with late seroconversion as one of your doctors suggested.

I would suggest testing for EBV and rheumatoid factor as a place to start. Whatever is going on, you don't have hiv. Two negative Western Blot tests have proven that.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2006, 10:59:34 am »
dear ann thanks for responding to my concern! i saw my doc and he is very concerend that im late seroconverting and i was wondering if you and the experts could help explain the whole converting process! you know that i had a reactive at 9 weeks and same at 15 weeks doc says i was probably converting around 9 weeks and at 15 still converting and not showing any antibodies at all! please help guys i cant sleep and  do you think i should test again ann or do the two neg wbt seal the deal even the one past the window period? this seroconversion stuff is driving me crazy!!!!!!

thanks ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2006, 11:41:17 am »
Life,

My advise to you is that you find a new doctor, one who understands hiv. The one you have been going to obviously doesn't have a clue.

You are hiv negative. Period. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2006, 11:55:19 am »
ok ann

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2006, 11:59:08 am »
ann i will try and get a new doc but if you could help ease my mind about this seroconverting stuff. if i was seroconverting at 9 weeks which made the elisa reactive then do you think that a 15 weeks my antibodies wou;ld have been present by then? im still scared and dont know much about the seroconversion stuff!
thankyou very much ann!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2006, 12:30:19 pm »
Life,

Yes, if the nine week test was anything to worry about, your WB would have been also positive at 15. If it were otherwise, I would have said before.

You ARE hiv negative. You can be given another time out if you insist on asking the same questions over and over.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2006, 01:35:49 pm »
ann no more time out because this getting really serious with me and my family. you helped with the seroconversion but would a pcr test be better then a wbt? if the virus is so high and im not producing antibodies then the pcr would find it? i know most people seroconvert eraly as you have stated but what causes the late ones? this is the last question about this and my tongues aptrous ulcers are still there since the first month and they keep reoccuring on the inside of my cheeks for some reason and come and go in 24 hours? i tested again at the 5 month mark and are scared to here the results but ill let you know when they come in asap! i dont know what is causing the mei to react but its scary thats all ann. ann if i tested neg at 15 weeks for hepc a b could that test not pick it up but the hiv elisa maybe pick it up? i hope you like the 15 week window for that test as weell.............

thanks again ann and ill post tests soon!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2006, 02:06:16 pm »
Seek out the help of a menatal health professional. You've received your negative conclusive test and are now beyond the scope of being helped on this forum.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2006, 01:49:30 am »
hey rapid now me and the kids and the wife all have the same little tiny ulcers on the inside of our cheeks and now im scared. my 18 week tests are due back next week and this could seal my fait. i dont know know what could be causing theses same ulcers on our cheeks but it sure sounds like hiv since we would all have come inot contact with the same strain. what i cant figure out is how the two kiddies could now be infected from vertical transmission somehow? im scared and ann has already said im not late serconverting since ive had 2 reactive meis but two neg wbt! why the wbt isnt picking up antibodies i dont know but since seeing all theses ulcers in our mouths were all really scared now! is there anything else out there that i could have spread vertically to our kids? i really hope this next test doesnt seal my hiv pos deal!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2006, 04:44:57 am »
Seek out the mental health help that you need.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2006, 10:08:13 am »
Life,

There are many different causes of oral ulcers, but hiv is not one of them. Of course you don't know what's causing them, unless you've managed to get through years of medical school and become a doctor in the last few weeks. Take you and your family to a doctor and let the doctor decide why you are getting oral ulcers. It's not for us to say and it's not for you to say either. That's what doctors are there for.

You don't have hiv and the only thing your eighteen week test is going to seal is your negative status.

And by the way, normal everyday contact such as what happens within families does NOT pose any risks for hiv transmission. This "vertical transmission" you refer to happens in the womb and/or during childbirth. It does not apply to your children who were born before your hiv scare. 

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ramsey

« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2006, 10:28:06 am »
hello am on line

Offline ramsey

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2006, 10:31:12 am »

Dark days become sunny Frigid days become warm, Rainy days become cloudless
And lightning got wiped away from the storm.
Oceans sing,  Rocks cry out, Mountains roar, And tree branches shout.
The stars fall  Right out of the sky. The moon winks And the sun went dry.
All because you said one thing All because you said it true All because you made me smile
All because you said I love you
Ramsey

[/img]

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2006, 10:31:35 am »
ramsey,

What you are doing is considered "thread hijacking" and we do not permit that here. If you have an hiv concern, start your own thread by clicking on the "new topic" button found in the upper right-hand corner of the main "Am I Infected" forum page.

Do not reply to this message, start your own thread. Before you do, please read the Welcome Thread, take note of the posting guidelines found there and follow the Lessons links.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2006, 01:05:16 pm »
dear ann its just strange that we are all getting these ulcers on our insides of cheeks. they come and go and they dont hurt or bleed except the ones that only i have on my tongue? i have read spme ways of vertical contact and could you pleaes explain some such as toothbrush, or helping our child with a wound that is bleeding? what are the vertical ways ann were so scared!

thanks from all of us!!!!!!!!!!

by the way are ulcers condatious any kind that you know of?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2006, 01:13:43 pm »
You don't have HIV and this is an HIV site. Take all your medical issues to the doctor. HIV isn't the cause.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2006, 08:08:25 pm »
i sure hope i dont have hiv but rapid i think i really am a late seroconverter and what ever is causeing theses aptrous ulcers in all our mouths can only be a virus and i think it could be hiv!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so scared it isnt even funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2006, 08:42:54 pm »
Well get off the HIV kick, cause you are HIV negative. You do not fall in the category of a late seroconverter. Looks like you are getting ready for another time out. Get the help you need from a mental health professional. You are beyond the scope of help that anyone can give you on this forum.

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2006, 10:57:47 pm »
i sure hope i dont have hiv but rapid i think i really am a late seroconverter and what ever is causeing theses aptrous ulcers in all our mouths can only be a virus and i think it could be hiv!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so scared it isnt even funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I second RapidRod's suggestion!??!!  Weren't you the same person posting about how you had HIV before you had even taken a test?  You're negative and counseling is a necessity!!  If your behavior on this site is any indication of how you behave with your family then i would recommend counseling for your entire family, so that this incident doesn't leave a permanent negative mark on their lives.

Your infatuation with HIV seems to be an obsession and this is not something you can handle on your own.  Get the professional help you need (and fast)...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2006, 08:38:58 pm »
You won't be going to "I Just Tested POZ." Unless you are going to be a bug chaser. I hope you really know that you do need some mental help. That is something we can't help you with here on this website. Just accept that fact that you have tested negative and move on. We have people here that have real concerns on their status. We don't need someone like you on here that continues to post nonsense.

Offline J220

« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2006, 12:11:29 am »
It's ironic that you claim to be worrying so much about your family but in reality you are making them suffer because of your paranoia...that is sad. You are either a total self-absorbed jackass, or you are officially clinically mentally unbalanced. Either way, as others here have stated ad nauseum, there is nothing anyone here can do for you....now please pay attention:

TIME TO SEE A MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST. YOU NEED HELP.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:15:32 am by J220 »
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline LOVELIFE

canada might have just got the hiv cure first!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2006, 02:51:08 am »
hey i know i get in the bad books with ann when i post over here but i just got in and saw great news at google.ca listen everyone while your sleeping and when you wake up today go to google.ca and go over to news then type in hiv news and youll see the best news i think in a long time and can you understand that the canadians might break out the cure first! this was a great report from the london press and i really hope this is a dream come true for the whole world!!!

enjoy guys!!! good morning!!!!!

Offline LOVELIFE

Re: canada might have just got the hiv cure first!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2006, 03:04:58 am »
if i get a time out for this ill laugh my ass off considering i live in to canada and this could really be the real deal!!!!!!!! DONT GIVE ME A TIME OUT FFS!!!!!!!!!  :o

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2006, 07:46:55 am »
Life,

I've merged the thread you started elsewhere into your thread here.

We are also banning you. You are refusing to treat this forum with the least bit of respect. You are way beyond the scope of this forum and there is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.