Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:23:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 462
Total: 464

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Jesse Helms spits in your face (from the grave no less)  (Read 25086 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Jesse Helms spits in your face (from the grave no less)
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:53:01 am »
NY Times

March 18, 2010
With Ban on H.I.V. Immigrants Now History, Relief and Revision
By SCOTT JAMES

John Newman fondly recalled the eight years he taught first and second grades in Vallejo public schools — he felt appreciated, and was once named “Teacher of the Year.” It was the 1990s, before he got sick and was told to leave the United States.

“I was accepted by co-workers, neighbors and employers,” Mr. Newman said. “But I was not welcome by the government.”

Mr. Newman, a Canadian, contracted H.I.V., which causes AIDS and nearly killed him. Breakthrough drugs brought back his health. Then he discovered that a law many considered cruel required him to leave his home. Sadly, he returned to Canada.

Now the stories of people like Mr. Newman are becoming public. Experts say tens of thousands shared similarly interrupted lives thanks to a 22-year United States ban on allowing foreigners with H.I.V. to live in this country.

President Obama described the ban as “rooted in fear rather than fact.” It became a dead letter in January.

“The people affected by this have lived in the shadows,” said Steve Ralls, a spokesman for Immigration Equality, a nonprofit organization working to end immigration restraints based on H.I.V. status and sexual orientation.

Mr. Ralls said the phones at his group’s legal aid headquarters in New York “started ringing off the hook and they have not stopped” since the ban was lifted. He said people were being reunited with lives — and in some cases spouses and families — they had been forced to leave behind.

The ban was imposed in 1987 when H.I.V.-positive foreigners were added to a list of inadmissible undesirables that included prostitutes and felons, said Christian Schmidt, a San Francisco immigration lawyer.

“They didn’t let you in,” Mr. Schmidt said. Those already here were tested. If results were positive, they had to leave.

The ban grouped H.I.V. — which is infectious and transmitted in blood and through sexual contact — with tuberculosis, a contagious airborne disease.

Critics said that by incorrectly inferring that H.I.V. was spread by casual contact, and equating the sick with criminals, the ban demonized those infected. “It’s really impossible to underestimate the stigma caused by this law,” Mr. Ralls said.

The ban “set a very bad precedent,” he said. “It undermined H.I.V. awareness and testing.”

Foreigners avoided testing, which Mr. Ralls said might have worsened the spread of AIDS.

The United States was the only industrialized country with such a policy; the handful of others included Iran, Iraq and Syria.

The policy took effect in the Reagan administration. Former Secretary of State George P. Shultz declined to comment when contacted recently.

Efforts to lift the ban were blocked by a 1993 Congressional amendment introduced by Senator Jesse Helms, Republican of North Carolina. Those who fought the law say Mr. Helms, who died in 2008, perpetuated decades of discrimination.

But just as the ban has disappeared, the curators of Mr. Helms’s legacy are trying to touch up the relevant history. Some want him seen as a savior to those with AIDS and a defender of gay rights.

Despite Mr. Helms’s storied opposition to “a homosexual lifestyle,” the Jesse Helms Center in Wingate, N.C., is challenging the idea that he was a “homophobe” or obstructive in the AIDS fight.

According to the center’s Web site, “It was Senator Helms who worked most tirelessly to protect the very principles of freedom that homosexuals are denied in many other nations.”

John Dodd, president of the Jesse Helms Center Foundation, recently disputed an editorial in the British newspaper The Guardian that vilified Mr. Helms for his role in the ban. Mr. Dodd argued that “two million Africans were alive” because of the senator’s work fighting H.I.V.

Assemblyman Tom Ammiano of San Francisco, whose partner Tim Curbo died from AIDS, said the Helms Center sought to sanitize the record. “It’s spitting on the graves of all the people who suffered,” Mr. Ammiano said, adding, “He was truly evil and very cavalier about it. He should be in the hall of shame.”

Meanwhile, Mr. Newman is making plans to return to the United States. He e-mailed this week that he was in Kino Bay, Mexico, where “the sky is blue and the sun is hot.” Next week he plans to get behind the wheel of an R.V. and head north, feeling welcome for the first time in years.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline blackwingbear

• Hello, all you happy people....
    • THE DARK MIND OF BLACKWINGBEAR
Re: Jesse Helms spits in your face (from the grave no less)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:55:04 am »
Ugh.... When it came to Helms, I couldn't fathom how his constituents could support him in good conscience. I see his followers are following in his evil footsteps...

Thanks for posting that..
It's all a sham. Politics is a big game, same as the media - and same as religion. The point is to distract & control. If we're looking at what they tell us is the "big issue", we're not looking at what they are doing. In time, there will be different causes and different minorities to pick-on. All in the name of keeping the system going, and the people distracted.

Offline chguy78

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:58:36 am »
Ugh.... When it came to Helms, I couldn't fathom how his constituents could support him in good conscience. I see his followers are following in his evil footsteps...

As a North Carolinian, I couldn't fathom it either.  Every one of his races was hotly contested but he was a Senator with great constituency services (for at least the white, straight, Christian segment) and he brought a lot of pork to the state.  Burn in hell, Jesse.
01/11: CD4=753 (36%), VL=Undetectable
07/10: CD4=531 (33%), VL=Undetectable
04/10: CD4=746 (33%), VL=Undetectable
01/10: CD4=566 (35%), VL=Undetectable
10/09: CD4=436 (31%), VL=405
07/09: CD4=631 (27%), VL=847
06/09: Started: Truvada, Reyataz, Norvir
05/09: CD4=426 (28%), VL=38,300
04/09: Positive; CD4=466 (28%), VL=39,700
10/08: Negative

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:00:38 am »
I agree with you all on Helms,  he was reprehensible.

As a side note, and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Canada discriminate against people with HIV becoming permanent residents?   And for a time (maybe still ? ) Australia? 
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 05:28:39 pm »
, but doesn't Canada discriminate against people with HIV becoming permanent residents?   And for a time (maybe still ? ) Australia? 

I know for certain that Australia and New Zealand doesn't discriminate against anyone with HIV wanting to live here..there was talk awhile back but I'm pretty sure we will not go the way of America..(no offence guys)..and as far as I know Canada hasn't changed and doesn't discriminate again HIV.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:18:49 pm »

As a side note, and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Canada discriminate against people with HIV becoming permanent residents?   And for a time (maybe still ? ) Australia? 

http://www.hivtravel.org/Default.aspx?PageId=143&Mode=list&StateId=7

The countries which deport people with HIV are
Armenia
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Brunei
China
Egypt
Equatorial Guinea
Hungary
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Korea (Democratic People s Republic)
Korea (South)
Kuwait
Malaysia
Moldova
Mongolia
Oman
Qatar
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Syria
Taiwan
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 06:30:08 pm »
I thought Canada declined HIV+ immigrants citizenship because they "might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services."

http://www.smith-hughes.com/papers/pdf_bin/Overview-of-Canadian-Immigration-LawPoliciesHIV.pdf

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 07:03:21 pm »
I thought Canada declined HIV+ immigrants citizenship because they "might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services."

http://www.smith-hughes.com/papers/pdf_bin/Overview-of-Canadian-Immigration-LawPoliciesHIV.pdf

I looked into moving there quite a while ago and that's what I recall finding. 
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 07:52:04 pm »

Australia reserves the right to deny permanent residency to a person if they would be a undue burden on the social security and public health systems.

We do not have endless resources and so sensible limits must be maintained. That said, humanitarian considerations do balance those limits to an extent. I understand that people seeking asylum for example can be exempted from the undue burden provisions of the Migration Act.

Note that permanent residency is not the same as the right to enter the country.

MtD

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:16:25 pm »
There are two considerations, which are getting confused here: 1) is having HIV reason enough not to allow a person to immigrate (i.e. become a resident of) into a country and 2) are people who have HIV able to visit a given country either as tourists or with temporary visas?

I think the reason bmancanfly brought this up is because it seems that the Canadian man mentioned in the OP was living in the US when he found out he had HIV and had to go back to Canada, presumably for health care. This is not unreasonable given that so many Americans are having a hard enough time getting life saving medications and he could get them for free in his native country.

His case is not exactly the best example for the Times to choose when discussing the lifting of the HIV travel ban. Although I guess he was summarily kicked out just for having HIV even before he needed meds and that was a time before ADAP and waiting lists, probably before many of the meds were available, too?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:52:09 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 01:58:58 am »
This is a very good example of how elections have consequences.  We saw many bad consequences during the Bush years.  I kinda give a pass to Clinton as his presidency was very close to the AIDS hysteria.  However, by 2000, he could have done something about it.  All his work with AIDS allows me to overlook this.  Plus, he had to deal with Jesse Helms. 

I'm glad Obama finally got it done!  I'm glad dems are now moving to lift the ban on gay blood donation.  They are moving--just don't know how fast.

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:17 am »
So the short answer is yes.  Both Canada and Australia discriminate against HIV+ people who want permanantly move to those countries.

The U.S. policy toward HIV+ people was reprehensible and wrong.  But the Canadian and Australiian policy is also wrong. 

Isn't it in effect the same thing?  If you can't get permanent status, aren't you ultimately forced to leave?  Maybe not immediately (like the US did), but ultimately, at some point, you will be forced to leave those countries.  Seems like a Catch 22 with the ultimate outcome the same.

Bertrand Russell

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:16:35 pm »
So the short answer is yes.  Both Canada and Australia discriminate against HIV+ people who want permanantly move to those countries.

Yes, but the thing is that until very recently the US did not even allow people who have HIV to come visit, those other countries did.

The reason for limiting people with HIV from moving to a country such as Canada or countries in Western Europe is because they offer universal health care. If they opened their doors to anyone and everyone, regardless of health condition, their resources would be severely strained.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 03:31:03 pm »

The U.S. policy toward HIV+ people was reprehensible and wrong.  But the Canadian and Australiian policy is also wrong. 

Our policy is not wrong, it is reasonable given the circumstances.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 04:10:49 pm »
damn, bigoted Australians

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 04:22:22 pm »
damn, bigoted Australians

We'd kick your lipoed old ass out under the provisions of the Good Taste Act.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 04:24:26 pm »
We'd kick your lipoed old ass out under the provisions of the Good Taste Act.

MtD

Queens in glass towers, Matty!

;D

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 04:48:57 pm »
If the gentleman sited in the article above had been in Canada or Australia he would have had to leave those countries after his travel visa had expired usually (6-12 mos).  He presumably would not have been able to get permanent resident status there because he would not have passed the medical exam requirement.  So he would have been forced to leave after 12 mos. max.

He got to stay in the US for 8 years. 

He would have been treated more harshly in either Canada or Australia.  So why the outrage at the US policy (understandable) but ok with the policies of Canada and  Australia?

Am I missing something?

Bertrand Russell

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »

;D

Unless you're a Dominican top there's no point in sucking up to the Dowager Empress dear. :)

MtD

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 05:02:29 pm »

He would have been treated more harshly in either Canada or Australia.  So why the outrage at the US policy (understandable) but ok with the policies of Canada and  Australia?

Am I missing something?

The US Policy didn't even let you visit for travel. If custom inspected your luggage and found your HIV meds, they sent you back.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 05:06:20 pm »

;D

Matilda doesn't have lipo.  She barely pops her pills as it is.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 05:07:35 pm »
If the gentleman sited in the article above had been in Canada or Australia he would have had to leave those countries after his travel visa had expired usually (6-12 mos).  He presumably would not have been able to get permanent resident status there because he would not have passed the medical exam requirement.  So he would have been forced to leave after 12 mos. max.

He got to stay in the US for 8 years. 

Am I missing something?

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the USA's fucking travel ban. Keep it, get rid of it. Doesn't fucking phase Matty the Damned.

What I'm saying is your criticism of Australia's immigration policy with regarding people with serious health problems totally fucking unfounded. We have an extensive social security and public health system all funded by the taxpayer.

We require those intending to settle here permanently to demonstrate that they have no pre-existing medical conditions which would constitute an undue burden on that system as our resources are not unlimited.

You may not like it, but fucking tough. That's the way it is.

It is certainly possible for HIV positive people to settle in Australia permanently. Just ask OzPaul.

MtD

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 05:11:24 pm »
“It was Senator Helms who worked most tirelessly to protect the very principles of freedom that homosexuals are denied in many other nations.”

In 1978, while going to school for Xerox Corp., I witnessed this pig getting done, (blow job) right in the bathroom of one of the very popular discos of Washington D.C. at the time.  

My question was, who the hell would do that, and did he have bleach in his mouth?  Other more obvious questions arose that night as I tried fruitlessly to get that picture out of my mind.  What a bag of wind and all out hatred.

Matty, if I were not happily married, I'd drop everything in my present world and immigrate to Australia to ask for your hand, (and of course more) at the drop of a pin.  That might get me health care there.   :-*
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 05:15:31 pm »
Matty, if I were not happily married, I'd drop everything in my present world and immigrate to Australia to ask for your hand, (and of course more) at the drop of a pin.  That might get me health care there.   :-*

Heh. We could have an antipodean gay Big Love thang going on, Papi T. :D

MtD

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 05:23:08 pm »
Unless you're a Dominican top there's no point in sucking up to the Dowager Empress dear. :)

MtD

Her immigration policies have expanded to allow Cubans up/into her territory these days. She is going cosmo.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 05:27:23 pm »
You devilish Man, Matty, you made me look.  Shit, I never heard of antipodean, but the word fit perfectly.

It just might be true, mighten it?
Lynn Lavne

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 05:27:49 pm »
Her immigration policies have expanded to allow Cubans up/into her territory these days. She is going cosmo.

Cubans eh? So she's become a human walk-in humidor?

MtD

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »
You devilish Man, Matty, you made me look.  Shit, I never heard of antipodean, but the word fit perfectly.

It just might be true, mighten it?

There's a more than even chance, Daddy T. ;D

MtD

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 05:40:31 pm »
And I think its discrimination.  Oh sorry, fucking discrimination.  

It's just a backhanded way to keep the diseased homos out of the country.  75% of all Americans either have gov't healthcare or a private group plan (with no upcharge borne by the individual) so there is virtually the same "social burden" for HIV+ people moving to the US as Australia.  

If the US had dropped it's former policy in exchange for the Australian policy there would still be an  ongoing outrage.  Seems hypocritical

Bertrand Russell

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 05:44:13 pm »
*sigh*

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 05:45:36 pm »
And I think its discrimination.  Oh sorry, fucking discrimination.  

It's just a backhanded way to keep the diseased homos out of the country.  75% of all Americans either have gov't healthcare or a private group plan (with no upcharge borne by the individual) so there is virtually the same "social burden" for HIV+ people moving to the US as Australia.  

If the US had dropped it's former policy in exchange for the Australian policy there would still be an  ongoing outrage.  Seems hypocritical

Yeah, well that would be the case if it only applied to diseased fucking homos but it doesn't. The undue burden provision applies to all serious fucking health conditions, not just HIV. Cancer, schizophrenia, malaria, TB, elephantiasis, galloping fucking dandruff amongst others are all covered by the undue burden provisions.

So it applies to the fucking halt and the lame no matter what they have.

MtD

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 05:49:43 pm »
Damn, schizophrenia too !!

I'm out.    :-X

Bertrand Russell

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 05:51:51 pm »
Damn, schizophrenia too !!

I'm out.    :-X

And now the penny drops! :)

The purpose of undue burden provisions in Australian migration law is to protect the integrity of the Australian social welfare and public health system not to exclude undesirables.

MtD

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 05:52:26 pm »
*delicately steering thread back on topic*

I'd like to piss on Helms' grave with my HIV riddled uirne.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 05:54:57 pm »
In 1978, while going to school for Xerox Corp., I witnessed this pig getting done, (blow job) right in the bathroom of one of the very popular discos of Washington D.C. at the time.  

My question was, who the hell would do that, and did he have bleach in his mouth?  Other more obvious questions arose that night as I tried fruitlessly to get that picture out of my mind.  What a bag of wind and all out hatred.

Dude, wait what? You witnessed the Senator copping a gobby in DC Disco?  :o

MtD

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 05:55:46 pm »
And now the penny drops! :)

The purpose of undue burden provisions in Australian migration law is to protect the integrity of the Australian social welfare and public health system not to exclude undesirables.

MtD

Did I mention that I was a 6' 2" Dominican pitcher?

Bertrand Russell

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 05:58:10 pm »
Did I mention that I was a 6' 2" Dominican pitcher?

Baseball isn't very popular in Australia. We're more of a cricketing nation.

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 06:00:12 pm »

This guy and the lady with the hat on (Alzheimer's disease) would not be allowed to reside in Australia.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline blackwingbear

• Hello, all you happy people....
    • THE DARK MIND OF BLACKWINGBEAR
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 06:26:35 pm »
 75% of all Americans either have gov't healthcare or a private group plan

Where do you get your statistics from??? ??? ??? ??? ???
It's all a sham. Politics is a big game, same as the media - and same as religion. The point is to distract & control. If we're looking at what they tell us is the "big issue", we're not looking at what they are doing. In time, there will be different causes and different minorities to pick-on. All in the name of keeping the system going, and the people distracted.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 06:28:03 pm »
You can't immigrate to Australia, the UK, Canada, or the US if you have HIV.  You can however visit all 4 countries.  Formerly the US would not even let you visit.

So I'm not sure exactly what you guys are all arguing about as the regulations are the same for all of these nations.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 06:30:50 pm »
You can't immigrate to Australia, the UK, Canada, or the US if you have HIV.  You can however visit all 4 countries.  Formerly the US would not even let you visit.

So I'm not sure exactly what you guys are all arguing about as the regulations are the same for all of these nations.

You can emigrate to Australia if you have HIV. You have to satisfy the undue burden provisions of our migration laws, that's all. There's an American member of these forums who has done just that.

MtD

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 06:42:30 pm »
Dude, wait what? You witnessed the Senator copping a gobby in DC Disco?  :o

MtD

Yes my dear Matty.  Still all these years later, I still have to work to get that picture out of my mind, even today.  Usually I just don't think about it.  All the people that were shot, mutilated, EXPORTED and loads of other indiscretions done to our brothers and sisters; all because of this unadulterated closet queen.  What an ass!!!

P.S. It was a very well known GAY disco also!!
Lynn Lavne

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 12:58:57 am »

What about the political commentator, Andrew Sullivan?  He has visited and lived in the U.S. for years as someone open about his HIV status.  I've seen him on many shows for years including "Real Time with Bill Maher".  He got into a "scandal" after it was revealed he was posting ads for bareback sex--albeit with other HIVers.  He was criticized for criticizing Bill Clinton for having unprotected sex. 

This is someone from England who has been visiting here and living here for years with HIV.  He was even having unprotected sex and he was never deported.  Was the ban not enforced for everyone?  Below is a profile of Sullivan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Sullivan

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 01:16:17 am »
What about the political commentator, Andrew Sullivan?  He has visited and lived in the U.S. for years as someone open about his HIV status.  I've seen him on many shows for years including "Real Time with Bill Maher".  He got into a "scandal" after it was revealed he was posting ads for bareback sex--albeit with other HIVers.  He was criticized for criticizing Bill Clinton for having unprotected sex. 

This is someone from England who has been visiting here and living here for years with HIV.  He was even having unprotected sex and he was never deported.  Was the ban not enforced for everyone?  Below is a profile of Sullivan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Sullivan

Jesus Ted, Andrew Sullivan? Ugh.

Andrew Sullivan should be suffocated with Rush Limbaugh's left tit.

MtD

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 02:30:45 am »
Jesus Ted, Andrew Sullivan? Ugh.

Andrew Sullivan should be suffocated with Rush Limbaugh's left tit.

MtD

Too funny!!  This gave me a good laugh before bed.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 10:47:22 am »
Andrew Sullivan has written about being afraid of being deported. He was already here when he got HIV and I guess he probably had insurance from his job so I doubt that he was using any public funds but you're right, the policy wasn't enforced with him. Could be connections?

I came across this vitriolically funny blog. Matty did you write this? :

Why hasn’t Andrew Sullivan been deported yet?
The irksome positoid bottom, who, in a previous incarnation he’d like you to forget about, posted an ad on a bareback site soliciting unsafe sex (“no such thing as too hairy”), whined last year that somebody as special as him was faced with having to comply with the laws of the country he loves. In this case, it’s a ban against positoid visitors and immigrants, a ban that is obviously unfair because it impedes his own life. (Well, he’s the one who took loads up asses.) Sully was faced with leaving the United States in March.

Now it’s March. Why is he still there? Don’t the rules apply even to a clearly exceptional, truly important visitor with an O visa?

Sullivan held a private audience with Obama, which remains off the record but surely involved a direct entreaty to end a policy that affects Sully personally. The only news that RawMuslGlutes can manage to report is that a repeal of the ban is “in the works.” Does he really think his President will sign an executive order just for him personally within the next dozen days?

LINK:

http://blog.fawny.org/2009/03/19/frogmarch-rawmuslglutes/

He has a profile on a barebacking website under RawMuslGlutes.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:33:04 am by Inchlingblue »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2010, 05:30:24 pm »
Nu, I didn't pen that. Should be fucking obvious. Insufficient profanity.

Agree with it though. Bookmarked that little blahg. :)

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2010, 05:43:15 pm »
RawMuslGlutes is likes bi scenes?  Sully, say it ain't so!

http://web.archive.org/web/20010606105110/milkyloads.tripod.com/bareback/index.html
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:46:33 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 05:46:50 pm »
RawMuslGlutes is only 195 lbs so it's definitely not Matty.  Oh, and he likes bi scenes.

Have you considered having your blood test results history tattooed on the vast expanse of your glistening head? I suspect they'd fit with room left over for the next couple of years.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2010, 05:48:54 pm »
Have you considered having your blood test results history tattooed on the vast expanse of your glistening head? I suspect they'd fit with room left over for the next couple of years.

MtD

faked you out with the edit buttom, beyatch

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.