Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 260
Total: 260

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AP Interview... Thanks to all... UPDATED!!! Kind of...  (Read 17711 times)

Offline Trish

AP Interview... Thanks to all... UPDATED!!! Kind of...
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:13:24 pm »
who wished me well and sent good luck wishes in the Testing Forum as well as in the old forums (which I will miss dearly.)

Well, tomorrow is the day at 1 in the afternoon, and I'm not feeling as nervous as I was yesterday.  My mind was going in a thousand places at once yesterday, and I couldn't keep up with my thoughts. I've been thinking about this alot and I'm confident that I will be able to steer the conversation my way.  My thoughts are collected now.

Iggy, I have to say "Thank you" so very much for the great advice.  I've printed out your comments and will use it as a base.  Thank you!!!  You're a GEM. :-* :)

Michael (Sonoma) - HOW AWESOME!  I'm so happy that you will be doing an interview also.  How f**king great is this?  GIVE 'EM HELL MICHAEL!!!  I'll be thinking of you.  ROCK ON DUDE!! 8) :) :-*

Everyone else, thanks for all your support and I will have you all in my heart as I do this.  I gain strength from all of you and without "YOU" guys, I don't know if I'd have the balls to take this on.  I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :-*

Now I have to figure out what to wear, how to do my hair and all that girlie stuff.  Alan, maybe I will make John buy me something new to wear -- I must look my best, no? ;)

I'll keep ya posted...

Thanks again everyone! :-*
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 01:39:33 pm by Trish »
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Teresa

Re: AP Interview... Thanks to all...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 03:17:25 pm »
Trish
You are so brave to do this. I know that u will be great. Be sure to let us know when and where it will appear.
Im sure you will be beautiful no matter what u wear or how u do ur hair!

Thanks for doing this!
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:26:46 pm »
Just give them that smile and you will have them eating out of your hand...have fun and  enjoy the day I know you will make us proud.

Your mate in NZ
Jan :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:32:18 pm »
Hey Trish,

Kick butt, Lil' Sis.  I know you will do us proud.

Love ya', Ric

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 04:05:12 pm »
Trish, you go girl! Sorry I didn't get in before they locked the old threads, but what you are doing is stupendous! :) :) :)

Oh wow, I made three smileys! Neat. Anyway, I am so very proud of you.

Just thought I would let you know.

BIG HUG,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 04:07:09 pm »
Let Your Light Shine, Babycakes............ :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 04:10:04 pm »
methinks our little girls are all grown up now  :'(  happy tears

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 04:24:15 pm »
Trishie, girlfriend...

Our phones have been hot these past couple of days, and you were the first person to hear my news about my local interview!

I have told you in private, and will say so in public, how wonderfully proud I am of you with everything you've done for all of us, here on AM.

Sorry I didn't see your post on our old forums, but you know you are always in my heart, and on my mind.

Months ago, I told you that our paths had converged for some reason, and now, I think, the reasons are being revealed. Imagine, interviews for newspapers within days of each other, OMG, how perfect is that???

All my love, darlin',

Your Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »

baby,

You rock girl . I, am so very proud here in Belgium.

When I grow up I want o step out of my closet and show the worl how HIV can be dealt with.

Hermie:-*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 04:28:51 pm by heartforyou »
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 05:44:38 pm »
Yea Trish!   Let us know how it goes, ok?   I'm so proud of you.

Love & hugs,

Alan   ;D
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 05:50:27 pm »
Trish,

Thank you for standing up and being counted.  This thread brings tears to my eyes, and at the same time, a huge amount of gratitude for the women of AIDSmeds.com that are taking a stand and saying "Fuck You" to those that might try to intimidate them.  This is the type of action/participation that will grow and multiply, so all you women; rock on!!!!

In LOving Thanks.
(who needs a rest really bad)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Basquo

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »
If anybody going to Montreal gets the story in their local paper (and I imagine that being on the AP wire, with all the hype about "25 Years," a lot of outlets will pick this up) I would like to suggest you clip it out and take it to Trish.  What Thickish Scrapbook This Way Comes!

I am so happy for you, Trish! This is going to give you a lot of leverage in your future endeavors.  That article in New York was only the beginning.  I can only imagine how many people your experience will touch.  This is the big time, and YOU WILL SHINE!

:-*

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 10:09:22 pm »
Trish,

I am so proud of you, i am not brave enough yet to take the step and start a support group up here in my town. But with people like you and Zeph. and Michael doing all of this it is making me move closer and closer to calling my case manager and getting things going. I hope i can read about all of yours and the others interviews. Thanks for being you, you are so strong and brave.

Love, Wendy

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 10:16:23 pm »
I'm happy and excited for you, Trish.  I really admire your courage and sometimes wish I could be more like you... minus the female parts.  LOL
Member since March 2004

Offline Iggy

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 10:20:11 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:08:34 pm by Iggy »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 03:36:32 am »
Trishie Dear,

In your first article you said, "LTI has given me the tools I needed to continue my life in a productive and fearless way."  You are an inspiration to us all.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline Trish

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 01:31:39 pm »
F**K!!!

I'm sorry gang.... I'm so pissed at myself.

I just typed not once, but twice, posts about my interview and I somehow screwed up and lost them.  I don't know what the hell I did, but the first post I typed took me 20 minutes to type and edit.  It was long, of course, you all probably expect that from me, but I messed up.  GOD DAMNIT!!!

The second one, was a post about my first f**k up, but I screwed that up too.  I don't know what the.... damnit!!! >:( :( :'(

Damn!!!

I'm sorry, but I'm such a blond sometimes -- I think it's time I died my hair black!!!  Holy crap, what a schmuck I am.  I swear.

Anyway, I don't have the time to do it all again.  I'll just say that the interview went extremely well and I feel relieved having done it. 

Shit... I'll have to come back later and fill you in.  Damn, that was probably one of the best posts of my life.  Damn... :( :-[

Oh well...

I'll be back later, when my head is in a better place.  And I'll post the link to the article, which is due out on Monday, as soon as I receive it.

Shit!!!

I'll see ya a bit later.

But, I do have to say...

I never would have been able to do this interview had it not been for all the love and support I received from my AM family.  I love you all very deeply and I want you to know that everything I do as far as disclosing in a public manner -- going global, I am doing for all of you, those who have passed before us, those who will become infected in the future and most importantly, I did this for myself.  It was something I've been wanting to do for many, many years and I won't stop here.  I will do it again, somewhere, sometime... I know I will.  I have been stifled by the stigma of HIV for too many years, and I'm sick of hiding and living in a lie.  I can't do it anymore and I refuse to be held back by societies misconceptions.  I won't, I can't!!!  There is no turning back for me, I have to continue on this road -- and it's a road that I'm not certain of -- and the unknown always scares me, but I won't let it stop me from living in a free society.  No more... I'm taking control of HIV now.  I'm going to do everything in my power to stop the STIGMA -- the most harrowing and destructive part of HIV for me.

I'll be back later after I've had some lunch and am better able to put my thoughts in writing one more time.

Thank you all for being there for me.  I LOVE YOU DEARLY...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 01:42:38 pm by Trish »
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Markmt

Re: AP Interview... Thanks to all... UPDATED!!! Kind of...
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 01:48:47 pm »
Hey Trish, had to go to the old forum to get the picture. This looks really good, well done lady. I truly hope this will open doors on other opportunities in your activism. I have no doubt you will pass on the right message loud and clear...you have all the ingredients it takes and you will make us proud. Looking forward to the update.

hugs,

mark
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 02:10:09 pm »
Hey, our dog Boomer is going to make his debut in the article...YAY

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 02:17:28 pm »
::)
Hey Trish you been F**king so much today, "I" almost need a cigarette, ::)

LMAO!

Terry ::)

Offline doyourowndamndishes

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 03:06:29 pm »
;D That's the Trish I love!!  LOL

Well, if you get tired with all that FU#*@@G please send some my way!  Gawd I could use some!!

Go get em, flash them those big pearly whites of yours and knock em dead!!

Hugz,

"All that we are is theresult of what we have thought." -Buddha

Offline Nadine

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 06:46:21 pm »
You go girl!  ;D

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 12:10:50 am »
Poor Trish.. I know how ya feel.  I've had stuff like that happen too many times.  That's why now, if I have a long post to write, I write it up in WordPad or something the copy and paste.  That way if something happens you have a copy and don't need to retype it all again.

Hope you had something good for lunch.  I just had some lasagne!  Mmmmm.  ;D
Member since March 2004

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2006, 04:10:23 am »
You truely are a remarkable woman Trish!  BTW, blondes have more fun, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise =)
Poz since 2003.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.