Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:38:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773191
  • Total Topics: 66335
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 326
Total: 328

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone tried both of these combo? (Reyataz, Truvad, Norvi) & (Truvada, Viramune)  (Read 6500 times)

Offline egello

• cb
Anyone? if so, what did you like or not like about them and also which combo are you guys on now?

Thanks
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
I'm currently on Truvada, Viramune once a day.  Zero side effects, undetectable VL.

No experience with the other combo
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline weasel

Hey Egello  :) ,
                     I have been on Reyatz,truvada & norvir  sense Sept 10 , 2004

That would be almost  4 years !

This is my FIRST  HAART  for me . I was a slow progresser !

was diagnosed with AIDS  , T-cell of  101

I feel and LOOK  just fine . I look very fine .

NO problems , no yellow .......................

I do get  diarrhoea  once in a while . I like lots of  fresh veggies , I think that causes belly

issues ???

I recomend the combo ,It works well for me .

I take  my meds when i have breakfast .

Been non dedectable  sence Nov.,2004

good luck ,  Carl

" Live and let Live "

Offline camille07

Hello-

I'm on Reyataz, Truvada, and Norvir.  My VL is undetectable.  My first regimen.

I haven't had any side affects at all.

Camms

Offline egello

• cb
thanks for all the posts...  but has anyone tried both of these combo at one time or another?

Offline weasel

Viramune sounds VERY  spooky  :o

I googled it , not good
" Live and let Live "

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
egello -- I'm actually on all the drugs you listed:  Truvada, Viramune, Reyataz+Norvir.  Normally, that's considered overkill, but I'm partially resistant to Truvada (and resistant to all the other nukes), so I take both Viramune and Reyataz just to be safe.

I've had no side effects from the Viramune and Reyataz.

I do have diagnosed osteopenia, and slightly elevated creatinine levels, both of which might be related to long-term use of Viread (which is one of the meds in Truvada).  However, I never had a baseline bone density scan done, so I can't be sure.  And elevated creatinine levels can be caused by any number of things.

Hope this helps.

Karl -- all most all the AIDS drugs can sound "spooky" if you read their black box warnings, but those are typically very rare side effects that can be avoided by regular blood test monitoring (for liver/kidney/etc. damage).  For the large majority of those who use it, Viramune is a very safe drug.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Reyataz, Truvada Norvir. 
Got slightly yellow. That disappeared. No other side effects. Until allergic rash. Then switched off.

Everyone reacts different to each combo and many combos today have little side effects. Good luck
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline egello

• cb
well, I tried both regime and i just can't seem to settle on which one to continue with (currently on Reyataz combo). I know there have been some studies comparing these two regimes, just not sure where the results are published.

Offline musclesobe

Hey guys, i am new here and been positive for 5 years, i just started meds a week ago, first the doctor prescribed Atripla, the first night was ok, then i had such a bad experience the second night, couldn't sleep at all until 7 pm next day, it was horrible and now i am just afraid of side efects on med, so went to see my doctor the same day and he told me was going to change meds, now i got truvada, norvir and reyataz; i took them today for the first time, was working so i did it at noon, no complications at all, but right now(night time) i am feeling anxious, like thinking will have problem breathing, haven't check if this meds has any side effects the first weeks or so, i am just so afraid of feel weird, have hallucinations, i don't like to feel like that(atripla made me feel like that), i am scared, please...., need your help guys, if any of you had some weird sides or may think you feel a little unconfortable, but all this will go away once my body get used to it everyday, please let me know..., i know i have to be strong and not affraid, but sometimes is hard for me....
Any suggestion???? what should be the best time to take this meds? night time? during the day?
odgg1@yahoo.com
help me please.....

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
I am on Truvada, Reyataz, norvir first time treatment.  No side effects, undetactable. I dont like the Norvir its too big for me to swallow but it does the job.   
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline markaj

I really liked the Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir combo although '27years' is dead right about the Norvir, they're huge and sometimes I had trouble swallowing them, Reyataz isn't that small either.  I took the meds once a day with my dinner and the only side effects I had were yellow eyes for a short time, compared to my experiences with other meds, these were a breeze!
Infected Jan 08 / diagnosed Feb 08
Feb 08 - CD4 230 (9%) VL 3.5 million
Mar 08 - CD4 440 (6%) VL 660.000
Apr 08 - CD4 420 (11%) VL 3 million
Jun 08 - CD4 200 (7%) VL 3 million
Started Kaletra/Truvada Jul 08
Jul 08  - CD4 250 (14%) VL 23.893
Aug 08 - CD4 410 (15%)  VL 4.313
Switched to Sustiva/Truvada Aug 08
Switched to Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada Sep 08
Diagnosed with Hep C, HIV meds stopped for a bit
Nov 08 - CD4 414 (12%) VL 500.000+
Started Isentress/Truvada Nov 2008
Dec 08 - CD4 381 (17%) VL 1.116
Jan 09 - CD4 534 (20%) VL <50
Started Interferon/Ribavirin Jan 09
Feb 09 - CD4 407 (24%) VL <50
Mar 09 - CD4 360 (28%) VL <50
Apr 09 - CD4 279 (30%) VL <50
Jun 09 - CD4 298 (36%) VL <50
Aug 09 - CD4 303 (35%) VL <50

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.