Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:41:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 607
Total: 608

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: massage risk.  (Read 8502 times)

Offline tomlinson

massage risk.
« on: November 15, 2010, 09:53:26 am »
Hi everyone,i am so worried i went for a fingerprick rapid test the other day and whilst my finger was still bleeding the tester passed me some tissue from the tissue box i noticed there was some blood on the tissue and still proceeded to wipe my bleeding finger with it until i realised what i had done.so worried that the blood could have been hiv+ from the last person tested,i have'nt slept properly since,please help me with some advise.please

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: blood worry
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:22:17 am »
Tom,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once hiv finds itself outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. This means that hiv cannot be transmitted from objects in the environment and that includes blood on a tissue.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER TOUCHING BLOOD IN THE ENVIRONMENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:01:21 am »
Hi Ann,thanks so much for your speedy reply,but what if the blood entered my cut finger! is it not possible blood to blood contact? i am sorry to question you again but just so worried about the wet blood on tissue entering my finger where i was pricked.thanks again in anticipation

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:07:38 am »
Ann has covered the basics for you. Blood on a tissue or other environmental surface is not a means of HIV transmission. Period. You are worrying needlessly. If there was any chance whatsoever of infection we would tell you. There wasn't and there isn't. Really.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:46:29 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:14:39 am »
Tom,

As I told you, when hiv in blood is out in the environment, it very quickly becomes damaged and when hiv is damaged, it cannot infect. If hiv were that easily transmitted, everyone would have hiv just as everyone has had the flu or a cold at some point in their life.

When "blood to blood" transmission is spoken of, it means things such as blood transfusions or needle sharing where infected blood is injected directly into the blood stream. When you have a blood test done with a fingerprick, your blood is flowing outward and the blood you touched would not have entered your blood stream.

You are seriously worrying over nothing. Stop it. If I thought you were even remotely at risk, I'd tell you. We're in the business here of teaching prevention and making sure people who have been at risk get tested. You have not been at risk. Relax already!

Ann has covered the basics for you. Blood on a tissue or other environmental surface is a means of HIV transmission. Period. You are worrying needlessly. If there was any chance whatsoever of infection we would tell you. There wasn't and there isn't. Really.

Andy meant to say "Blood on a tissue or other environmental surface is NOT a means of HIV transmission." So please don't freak out over a typo.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:21:51 am »
thanks so much Ann.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 11:44:38 am »
Tom,

You're welcome.

As long as you make sure condoms are being used and used correctly for any anal or vaginal intercourse, you'll be just fine where hiv is concerned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 12:01:37 pm »
you just read so much mis- imformation regarding blood on cuts on the internet its really does worry you,
so i really have no worrys about blood getting in my cut? i would like to thank you all for running a great forum.thanks again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 12:05:53 pm »
Tom,

You really have no worries where hiv is concerned. Please re-read all the replies you have gotten until it sinks in.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 09:17:29 am »
Hi i am just wondering how long is it before blood loses its ability to infect outside the body because when i wiped my finger with the blood on the tissue it was still possibly wet blood and  i did wipe my finger that had been bleeding quite vigorously and could have rubbed blood in the finger that had been bleeding, just need to be certain i did explain myself properly.
Thanks so much i know i proberly sound a little paronoid but just frightened.
thanks again Andy,Ann.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 10:35:21 am »
Hi i am just wondering how long is it before blood loses its ability to infect outside the body because when i wiped my finger with the blood on the tissue it was still possibly wet blood and  i did wipe my finger that had been bleeding quite vigorously and could have rubbed blood in the finger that had been bleeding, just need to be certain i did explain myself properly.
Thanks so much i know i proberly sound a little paronoid but just frightened.
thanks again Andy,Ann.

You can stop wondering. We get it.  HIV is not transmitted from environmental serfaces whether its tissues, doorknobs, food, utensils, barber's scissors, dishes or anything else you can come up with.

You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 02:32:44 pm »
Thanks Andy,so i cant rub blood in the cut from the tissue with blood on because it is enviromental surfice correct? thanks again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:28 pm »
That's right, there would definitely not be a risk in that manner.

Let go of this and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 10:54:23 am »
not even if the blood was wet still ,and it happened quickly are we talking minutes or immediately it would be unable to infect or is it just the fact it cant transmit from tissue paper because its not direct from the person? hiv hotline have told me to test now i am really confused and worried.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions, therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 01:28:46 pm »
Tom,

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tomlinson

massage risk.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 07:16:00 am »
Hi,the other day i went for a massage after 30 minutes the lady gave me a handjob,my concern is that she used an old hand towel of the side to wipe me clean after i come and pulled my forskin back,what if the towel had been used on several other customers before me,am i at risk from this encounter please help with some advise.thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: massage risk.
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 08:28:36 am »
Tom,

I see you haven't read the Welcome thread like I asked you to, because if you did you would know that you're not supposed to start new threads. I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Actually DO it this time. Thank you for your cooperation.

We have already explained to you that hiv cannot be transmitted from environmental surfaces and guess what, that includes towels. That towel could have been used to wipe the cum off 10,000 hiv positive dicks before she wiped yours and there still would have been NO RISK.

You are getting REALLY close to that time out I warned you about.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED - AGAIN!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 09:33:46 am »
so sorry Ann,just did'nt realise thought i had to start a new topic just got confused a little
sorry again did'nt mean to ignore you intentionally,hope i have'nt offended anyone.
Thanks again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 10:01:05 am »
You also don't seem to be listening to what is said to you and transferring that knowledge to new situations as they occur.

We're not here to respond everytime you have a massage or get jerked off or have another sexual experience. You need to apply what has been said to in a thoughtful way as your life sexually and otherwise goes on. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. If you consistently use condoms for those activities you will be well protected. Yes, it really is that simple.

These other incidents you get panicked about are absolutely no risk. Ann has explained that to you before. Read, listen and think about these things as you continue on your way.
Andy Velez

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 10:18:36 am »
Thanks Ann and Andy your words are a great comfort to me and help me to understand my no risk situation
it's great to have the correct no nonsence true information,rather than the scare mongering that is going on,with other sites.Thankyou all.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 11:04:16 am »
You're welcome. And I strongly urge you discontinue to surf the web because out there you sure as heck with find all kinds of stuff to scare yourself with, all to no good purpose.

Andy Velez

Offline hotguyinTX

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 01:01:24 am »
Hi everyone,i am so worried i went for a fingerprick rapid test the other day and whilst my finger was still bleeding the tester passed me some tissue from the tissue box i noticed there was some blood on the tissue and still proceeded to wipe my bleeding finger with it until i realised what i had done.so worried that the blood could have been hiv+ from the last person tested,i have'nt slept properly since,please help me with some advise.please

you won't get infected. It just not possible. The blood on tissue would be too dry to be infectious.

In fact, there is a large study on nurses who accidently jab themselves after drawing blood from HIV+ patients, only .3% of them seroconverted (you see the dot before the 3?) and in all seroconverted cases, they were exposed to LARGE amount of blood from hollow needles and their needlestick injuries were deep. It's clear that a superficial prick is not an observed risk.

Meanwhile, it also did the same on hepatitis C and found that among those who jabbed after drawing blood from HCV patients, 3% of them got infected even with just a TINY prick. In other words, HCV is extremely infectious while HIV proved to be 10 times less infectious in that setting.

Now, with intravenous drug users, they have exposed themselves with HIV tainted needles yet studies calculated only 1.5% per shoot (from my recall). If it was SO easy to contract, most of them would get it on a first shoot. HCV is extremely prevalent among IDU's because it's SO easy to get infected with HCV.

Seriously, there's NOTHING to worry about it.

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 03:46:04 am »
Thanks for your help and advise.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 07:16:13 am »
hotguyinTX,

While I know you mean well, you should not be posting in this forum. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.

Thank you for your cooperation.

By the way, you're absolutely right in what you say about hep C being much more infectious than hiv. Hep C is not, however, very often sexually transmitted like hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 11:37:14 am »
Hi Ann,what if the lady had cum on her hand from a previous client,because i did'nt where a condom with the handjob! could that be a risk for me?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 01:05:33 pm »
It wouldn't have mattered if the woman had a hand dripping with cum from her previous client and then masturbated you. As Ann has explained to you previously exposure to air quickly renders HIV non-viable.

You are worrying needlessly. You need to apply what has been said to you previously to your ongoing experiences rather than coming here anxiously each time as if we've never had any conversations about what is sexually risky and what isn't.
Andy Velez

Offline tomlinson

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 01:10:21 pm »
Thankyou Andy you have reduced my anxiety alot.
thanks for all your help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 01:22:13 pm »
Tom,

You simply are not listening to us. We have told you over and over again that hiv is not transmitted from objects in the environment. Guess what? Where is your hand? Is it up your ass inside your abdomen or is it out in the environment?

Sexually speaking, hiv is transmitted during UNPROTECTED ANAL OR VAGINAL INTERCOURSE. End of story. No person has ever been infected through masturbation, no matter how much of someone else's cum is involved.

I'm giving you that time out you have been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.