Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:24:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 84
Total: 85

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: starting epzicom reyataz norvir  (Read 4614 times)

Offline blunty2

starting epzicom reyataz norvir
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:50:52 pm »
Hi and thanx to the members of this forum for sharing experience and information.
Well its time for me for starting meds next week, will be on Kivexa/epzicom reyataz norvir. I would like to hear from people on this combo, what to expect, etc. Apart from the possible abacavir reaction which seem to be pretty rare, i'm concerned about nausea and possible diarrhea. The doc at hospital did not give me any immodium or motilium, telling me i would not not need some (i'm doubtful about it now).
I plan to take meds at breakfast time so it's easier for me not to forget them.

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: starting epzicom reyataz norvir
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:11:27 pm »
hey there! i can only speak from personal past experience = this combo has one of the best reputations for few/mild side effects so congratz ... this was my first combo way back when and i had diarrea a few times on it. once it was black - yikes ... but it was all okay. i got through the first week with minimal crying and after that everything was a-okay. i didn't have nausea

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:51:58 am »
Apart from the possible abacavir reaction which seem to be pretty rare, i'm concerned about nausea and possible diarrhea.

Hey Blunty2,

I'm on Epzicom/Kaletra. In most HSR cases, the ABC hypersensitivity reaction shows between day 7 and 11. Once you're past that without major difficulties, chances are good that you will tolerate ABC. However, these 5 days are thrilling. Kinda. The only time I felt really sick was when I read the Epzicom manual... best to leave it in the box. I didn't get no nausea, just occasional diarrhoea, but probably due to the PI, not Epzicom. It'll get better once your body adjusts itself to the pills. Good luck!

"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline blunty2

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 03:17:08 pm »
Thanx for answering, i'm just a bit nervous about starting taking meds but i guess it's gonna be ok, maybe some days adjusting like you said... cd4 around 280 i know i have to start but i don't want meds to remind me all day long "i'm HIV+".. anyway i will let you know about my first impressions on the combo.

Offline Double M

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 12:14:50 am »
Hi Blunty,

I’m on the same combo and like you it was my first too. I was very nervous starting it but now I’m very pleased with it, there were a few moments of feeling out of sorts as the body got used to the drugs but before long I started feeling better than I did before I started, in particular I was feeling tired all the time.

The abacavir retraction does make the first six weeks a bit nail biting, but the odds are with you and once past it it’s a pretty easy drug. Ironically I think of HIV less now that I’m on the pills than before, they’re just part of routine now, breakfast, pills, brush teeth…

It’s also a very powerful combo, I started off with a lot of acquired NRTI/ NNRTI resistance but this combo got me to undetectable pretty quickly and I’ve stayed that way ever since.

Best of luck with it,

Lloyd.

Offline blunty2

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 01:07:55 pm »
Hi there,
first week on this combo and I'm still standing (yeah yeah yeah). Side effects have been minimal compared to what i expected. I feel a bit nauseous sometimes, a few GI troubles and headaches but nothing serious, i'm working normally, go to the gym etc... Well as i've read on this board the first days with meds are generally easy so i have to wait a few weeks to see how it goes, esp with abacavir. ::)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.