Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:03:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hiv in fluids  (Read 21316 times)

Offline jpg123

Hiv in fluids
« on: December 23, 2006, 03:30:29 pm »
I recentlyhad mutual masterbation with another guy and he came all over my hand. My hand had a couple of dry skin patches and a little paper cut, that werent bleeding, should i get tested in this instance.

cheers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: should i get tested
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:02:31 pm »
jp,

Mutual masturbation is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. Please read the Welcome Thread and follow the link to the Transmission Lesson so you can have a better understanding of what is and what isn't a risk for hiv infection.

Here's what else you need to know: You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jpg123

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 04:38:55 pm »
im probably just being over anxious, but this is a big thing for me. If semen got into a cut on my hand would i be infected??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 04:51:27 pm »
Please believe me, all kinds of nicks, bruises, cuts, dry skin breaks, etc., occur on hands and fingers among other body parts. There has yet to be a documented case of transmission in such a manner. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

As Ann suggested, read the lesson on Transmission on this site. It gives you all the essentials about the issue.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern on your part about this incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 11:01:30 am »
Im sorry to keep asking stuff, but are you experts in this field, how can you be sure hiv hasnt been contracted in the way i describe, or am i just being paranoid?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 12:20:39 pm »
You are just being paranoid.

Offline jpg123

blood in ice cream
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 03:37:28 pm »
I found some blood on ice cream about halfway through the serving, i dont think it came from my mouth but should i be worried/get tested?

Offline RapidRod

Re: blood in ice cream
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 05:21:36 pm »
Return to your original thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 05:50:32 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all entries in this same thread.

You are once again worrying needlessly. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted on food or through other environmental surfaces. Your ice cream could have been double dipped in blood and it still wouldn't have been a risk.

Read our lesson about Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

Hiv in food
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 04:00:26 pm »
I have been on here b4, but i have a new issue, i nicked my finger and some blood might have got into food prepared for family members. Really worried that i might have infected them. The only sexual contact ive had is mutual masterbation which is low risk, but i could still have contracted hiv. Should i be worried?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Hiv in food
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 04:02:41 pm »
You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline jpg123

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 04:16:16 pm »
this just happened today tho, its a seperate issue.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:18:12 pm »
this just happened today tho, its a seperate issue.

Regardless.  You are only allowed to write in the thread where posted your initial question.

You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline jpg123

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 04:20:45 pm »
 have been on here b4, but i have a new issue, i nicked my finger and some blood might have got into food prepared for family members. Really worried that i might have infected them. The only sexual contact ive had is mutual masterbation which is low risk, but i could still have contracted hiv. Should i be worried?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 04:54:09 pm »
A number of things.

Stop creating new threads. I mean it. Do it again and you'll be referred to the Moderators.

Mutual masturbation IS NOT A RISK FOR HIV TRANSMISSION. You do not have HIV infection so your blood doesn't pose an HIV risk for anyone.

HIV is a fragile virus which is transmitted in specific ways. As we have explained to you before the virus becomes inactive (ie it dies) when outside of the body. If HIV positive blood got into food it the virus would not be able to infect anyone.

MtD

Offline jpg123

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »
Cheers for the reply, i need reassurance with this, i dont know why i just do. They told me to tag this onto my previous thread so i have, i dont mean to keep starting new threads, just not that good on computers.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 05:01:59 pm »
JP, I've merged your threads here. You need to follow our rule and keep all of your entries in tis same thread.

As Matty has told you there was no risk to anyone in your latest incident. You can't pass a virus you don't have. And if you consistently use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you won't have to worry about getting HIV sexually. It is not passed from environmental surfaces so quit worrying about such non-risks.
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 05:05:26 pm »
my only sexual risk is from mutual masterbation where cum was on both our hands, is this risky?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 05:07:48 pm »
Are you bothering to really read and listen to anything we are saying to you? From your responses it doesn't seem so.

I just finished telling you there was no risk and you come back with a question about a non-risk as if nothing had been said to you previously.

NO RISK NO RISK NO RISK! Got that? .
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 05:08:52 pm »
OK OK i get it, i wont post again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 05:20:35 pm »
Good. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 12:04:48 pm »
Just one quick question, a drop of blood from a nick fell into a simmering pan of sauce, would the virus have immediately been killed in this instance, please humour me im really stressed about this.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 12:16:49 pm »
Just one quick question, a drop of blood from a nick fell into a simmering pan of sauce, would the virus have immediately been killed in this instance, please humour me im really stressed about this.

A drop of blood from YOU fell into sauce? First off, I doubt that you would be stirring sauce with blood dripping off of you.

Regardless, HIV is spread through unprotected anal and vaginal sex, and through sharing IV drug needles. Not food, not cum on your hand, none of that.

It is obvious that you feel guilty about having mutually masturbated, and perceive HIV as punishment. We can't help with that.  We can give science-based assessments, but what you need is a professional counselor. I certainly hope you find yourself in a better place.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:06 pm »
HIV is not passed from food, cooked or otherwise.

I'm going to give you a last warning because the specifics of what are real risks and not have been explained to you quite clearly. Repeatedly.

If you come back with more of these what ifs you are going to find yourself getting a Time out from the site. Consider yourself seriously warned.
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 06:44:48 pm »
Hi i recently masturbated a couple of guys off and had semen all over my hands, I then dried my hands but they were still slightly sticky, I then rubbed my eyes. Is there a risk of semen getting in my eye, it was probably dry but im not completely sure.

I've posted before with similar issues but I would still appreciate some feedback as it was a genuine event.

Cheers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 07:16:17 pm »
Once again you are worrying needlessly. HIV is a fragile virus. When exposed to the air it quickly becomes non-viable. So the what if you are bothering yourself about is simply not a risk for HIV transmission.

Sexually the only confirmed risks are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Use condoms everytime for intercourse and you will be well protected.

Now stop the unnecessary bother and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 06:09:48 am »
So does hiv immediately become inactive when exposed to air or after 30 secs, a min or 10 mins?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 06:54:05 am »
jpg,

It's almost immediate - within seconds. If hiv were as easily transmitted as you seem to like to imagine, the whole world would be hiv positive by now.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jpg123

Hiv in hot beverage.
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 01:24:39 pm »
Hi i fear that i may have hiv and i recently picked a scab which bled a little and then handled some tea bags, If i had accidently transferred some blood onto the teabag, would the hot water have killed any hiv on the teabags. Also i handled the cups when i gave them to family, i have read and been told on here previously that hiv cannot be transferred on environmental surfaces so does the hiv become immediately inactive. Thanks, i have posted before and am probably on my last warning and i have been diagnosed with having ocd, but a reply would still be much appreciated.

Cheers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 01:51:48 pm »
I've merged your previous thread with your newest one. Our rule here is to keep all entries in the same thread. So in the future this is the only thread you should be using.

You have also been told repeatedly that environmental surfaces and objects are not a risk for HIV transmission.

You have also been told what the only confirmed risks for HIV transmission are sexually.

Yet you come back with another totally ridiculous non-risk and what if teabag scenario. We're not going to indulge you in another round of conversations about this non-risk.

I'm giving you the Time Out which Ann has warned you about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new account for yourself. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned.

You now have a 28 day Time Out from the site. HIV is not your problem. Re-read all of the previous responses and take in that information for real.  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:54:53 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

Scabs
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »
Hi i know i have posted before, but this is a slightly different issue. I was preparing some food and a scab on my hand disintegrated onto the food without me knowing. I understand that consuming fresh blood(in small amounts) isnt known to be dangerous, does this apply to scabs too? Im worried that i have infected family members with HIV in this case(through my scabs in their food), i am also waiting for a test result.

If u are going to ban me, could u at least answer my question and then ban me.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:16:02 pm by jpg123 »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Scabs
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 02:35:13 pm »
■Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

■If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline jpg123

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 02:38:06 pm »
Hi i know i have posted before, but this is a slightly different issue. I was preparing some food and a scab on my hand disintegrated onto the food without me knowing. I understand that consuming fresh blood(in small amounts) isnt known to be dangerous, does this apply to scabs too? Im worried that i have infected family members with HIV in this case(through my scabs in their food), i am also waiting for a test result.

Cheers

Offline jpg123

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 02:42:09 pm »
Could someone delete this thread then.

Cheers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »

Cheers

I've merged your threads into this one thread. As you have been told previosly, it is a rule of the site for members to only write in one thread. Please follow that rule in the future.

As for your latest question, I don't know where you got the idea that blood on food is dangerous. Certainly as far as HIV is concerned it is absolutely not a risk in anyway. Nor are scabs either.

In terms of risk for HIV knowing about risk is very simple. Sexually it is about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Period. Use condoms for those activities consistently and you will be well protected.

HIV is not transmitted on environmental surfaces such as food, clothing, doorknobs, barber's scissors or kissing of any kind.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. Get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline jpg123

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2011, 02:35:45 am »
Ok, this is my last ever question, could hiv be passed to someone by sharing rubber gloves to do the washing up? As they are water and airtight hiv could survive inside the glove and infect the next user?

Im finished now, ive covered all my bases.

Offline jpg123

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2011, 03:01:55 am »
Sorry. I have OCD about this, if i bled into the inside of rubber gloves and someone else wore them, would they have a risk, or do i treat this as another 'in the environment question' where there is no risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2011, 05:57:48 am »
Sorry. I have OCD about this, if i bled into the inside of rubber gloves and someone else wore them, would they have a risk, or do i treat this as another 'in the environment question' where there is no risk?
Treat it as another OCD moment.

Offline jpg123

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2011, 06:26:47 am »
so no risk then. Cheers Rapidrod.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2011, 08:06:41 am »
Jp,

No risk.

I suggest you get yourself into therapy so you can learn how to deal with the thought processes that lead to OCD. It IS controllable with the correct techniques and sometimes with the added benefit of medications. However, medications on their own are not enough to change your thought patterns. You need therapy for that.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jpg123

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2011, 11:31:10 am »
hi this is another environment question, i had a cut on my finger and got it onto the outside of a tube of toothpaste and and tiny bit of blood might have got onto the paste itself, someone used the paste after myself(almost immediately i think) would my blood on the paste put anybody at risk. Im only asking this because a family member may have put my blood directly into their mouth, and this is a legitimate concern. Cheers.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2011, 11:39:27 am »
jp,

This latest question has already been answered. Re-read your entire thread. How many times do we have to tell you that hiv is not transmitted from objects in the environment, including food and toothpaste. Get a grip.

If you continue to plague us with these environmental hiv concerns, you will be given a second time out.

You should be talking face-to-face with a therapist instead of posting on hiv websites.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jpg123

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2011, 11:42:36 am »
Sorry Ann, this is starting to take over my life.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2011, 11:50:52 am »

Agreed. Please seek face to face counseling. This forum has become toxic for you. It has served its stated purpose, and now feeds your fear.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 11:53:28 am »

Which is exactly why you should be speaking to a therapist and not us.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jpg123

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 11:56:07 am »
yeah i know, its just the mere possibility even 0.01% chance of me giving a family member HIV sends chills up my spine, i really need to be more realistic and accept your advice. Sorry again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 11:57:50 am »
jp,

Unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse that you neglected to tell us about, then you have not been at risk for hiv. I don't know why you think you do have hiv, but why don't you do us all a favour - go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jpg123

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 01:38:11 pm »
So would toothpaste inactivate HIV infected blood immediately cos I read another site that said blood remained viable for a longer period of time?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 01:45:40 pm »
HIV absolutely CANNOT remain viable in the environment.

I have reported this post to the moderators, as it is clear that you refuse to accept the science regarding HIV.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 06:31:28 am »
jp,

I'm giving you that second Time Out I warned you about. This one will last for 56 days. Please use this time out to find a therapist you can work with to deal with your OCD. We cannot help you with that here.

I also suggest you go test and collect your negative result. You need to stop worrying about spreading a virus you do not have.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.