Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:05:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 605
Total: 605

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: is it ARS longest period?  (Read 2729 times)

Offline young

• Standard
is it ARS longest period?
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:54:42 am »
Hi

first of all sorry for my bad english
i have had a risky vaginal exposure on 16 February night time ,with condom ,but during the sex the condom was break and i didn't know for how many time it remain break,when i pulled out my penis i change it with new one, i didn't ejaculate inside the vagina
i became sick right after 4 days on 20feb with sudden extreme fatigue ,(specially legs aches) and huge loss of appetite
like a car without petrol,i even didn't chew my food because my jaws was hurting during chewing the food

right after 1 month i develop sore throat and only pain in my lymph nodes,(some time groin,other time armpit,,this symptom last about 1 week)
 after 2 months i see a rash just on back side of my one finger.(rash lasted for 30 hours)

i never had a fever

till now i lost 10kg of my weight in almost 5 months,

first four months i was not able to do anything with very extreme fatigue, i just spent this all this time in my bed
now a days i can walk a little around but my legs still aches , due to this i cannot walk more because i feel without energy

i am still very tired,having no energy to do anything
after 2nd and 3rd months routine blood test performed
with EBV,hcv,HBV but they are negative
in CBC white blood cells were normal both time ,and all others

my appetite is still not normal as it was before, and i am having very very tiredness all the time,weakness,tightness in my neck muscles, anxiety, sometime cough, my stool are kind of loose,and very low sex drive

my question is that , is it possible  hiv acute illness symptoms lasts for time period of  5 months?

are white blood cells and cd4 count 2 different thing?

beside hiv ,what could it be?

PLEASE HELP ME I AM SUFFERING FROM EXTREME ANXIETY PERIOD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: is it ARS longest period?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 09:11:24 am »
Young, a condom break is a risk for HIV transmission, but it is a very low one. None of the symptoms you are reporting are in anyway HIV specific. Also, if and when the ARS symptoms occur, they last for a week or two and are gone. They do not go on for the kind of extended period of time such as you have described.

The only kind of test which can tell you your HIV status accurately is an HIV-specific test. None of the other tests are relevant. So get yourself an HIV test. You can do it anytime now since you are well past 3 months and your result will be conclsuive.

You should be discussing your symptoms with a doctor to find out the real cause.

I am expecting you to test negative. Good luck.

Andy Velez

Offline young

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 11:29:34 am »
Thanks a lot ANDY ,
your reply took me little out of my too much anxiety

yes i am going to perform hiv test next week,
i has been told my symptoms to my doctor ,that's why he has performed ,hepatitis B,,C ,and MONONUCLEOSIS test which came back negative
i discuss him about hiv but he says according to him this not  hiv( he told me that my white blood cells were normal)

but now I'll ask him about to do hiv test, hope i will be negative

i have heard and seen on  all the websites that hiv acute symptoms occur 2-3 weeks after exposure, but in my case symptoms develop on the exact 4th day
is it possible to have symptoms within 4 days?? (what is your opinion about it)

i am only 24 years old , and suffering hiv phobia from the last 5 months:(

again thanks for taking your time to reply me

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »
Symptoms on the 4th day would be very unlikely. And your risk was as I said previously a very low level one.

But you're going to have the answer you need very soon when you get tested. Everything else is just guesswork. And I do expect you are going to test negative.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Andy Velez

Offline young

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 04:30:35 pm »
Thanks again Andy

yes i will post my status after getting my result,
hopefully negative , otherwise i am finished   :'(

thanks for your reply
bye

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 09:45:18 am »
Young,

You said in your first post that you were tested for hiv at three months following your condom break.

The illness that sometimes accompanies hiv seroconversion is not due to the virus itself, it is due to the process the body goes through while producing antibodies.

If the illness you experienced afterwards had anything to do with hiv, you WOULD have tested positive when you tested at three months.

You are conclusively hiv negative.

You have already ruled out hiv as a possible cause to your illness. You need to work with a doctor to find out what, if anything, is actually going on. Whatever that may be, it is NOT being caused by hiv.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.