Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 02:08:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: TODAY! - Quick Call to Action that is Truly a CALL!!!  (Read 3869 times)

Offline emeraldize

TODAY! - Quick Call to Action that is Truly a CALL!!!
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:31:25 am »
Hello All,
I am forwarding this to Forum Members. This asks for a minute of your time TODAY. Thanks! Edited to add: I just made my call. The staff person is lovely---you don't even make it through the script and she cheerily says she knows why you're calling and that they're hearing from many others and will note your calls. So, it is WAY less than a minute.

Today at 12:30pm EST, 1,000 AIDS activists will gather in Washington, DC to "inaugurate" President-elect Obama as the president who can change the way the U.S. fights AIDS. Although many cannot make it to DC for the rally, but that doesn't mean you can't take ACTION! Our 100 Days to Fight AIDS Coalition NEEDS YOUR HELP to get our message out to the President-Elect and his Transition Team (the people who are deciding now what President Obama's priorities will be) Can you take one minute to make this call today, and help reinforce the message that 1,000 people are bringing directly to the transition team? The phone number, and a call-in script, is below. More information on the action and our demands can be found at www.100daystofightaids.org/demands.

In solidarity,
Organizers of the 100 Days to Fight AIDS March

Phone #: 202-540-3000 After instructions, press "2" to speak with staff.

Then, just follow the script below:
"Hi, my name is _________. I am calling to thank President-elect Obama for his historic commitments to fight the AIDS epidemic at home and abroad. I am excited that the Obama administration is planning to change how the US fights AIDS. I would like to let President-Elect Obama and his transition team know that we fully support the commitments that he laid out during his campaign, including guaranteeing access to HIV treatment in the US and reforming the US global AIDS plan. Between 1:00 and 2:45 PM today, 1,000 supporters will gather outside the White House and at the Transition Team offices to support President Obama's commitments. We are especially supportive of him implementing these commitments during his 1st 100 days in office."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:33:37 am by emeraldize »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.