Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:32:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Day Light Savings, yuck  (Read 7114 times)

Offline Xavier

Day Light Savings, yuck
« on: October 29, 2006, 08:28:39 am »
::)  oh god I'm up an hour earlier, I don't even know what time it is right now, I am out of control on the situation...Day Light Savings, sucks!  Is it 8 or is it 7 or it might be 9, whatever time it is I should be sleeping!   :P  Yeah, got wasted last night went to a Halloween thing at a couple bars out of town, it was fun.  Threw up twice, yeah it was tasty......now I'm drinking seaweed and magnesium mixed in with a little water, yum.  If you haven't tried it I suggest it, it is the most relaxing and purifying drink you will ever have.  My kitty cat is being cute like always and she’s so lovely.  Yeah that’s the hangover talking…..I could tell you how beautiful the Arizona green tea bottle is, but that’s just weird.  Here is something random; I finally got a compass for my car! YEAH, I will no longer get lost!  So I’m in a hoot, is that even slang for anything?  I find out tomorrow if I get a position, (oh yeah we love those different positions), at work.  I will be relocating to the North Orlando Florida area, like up by Lake Mary and those places…just wanted to know if anyone was out there, I know bunch of ya’ll are from Florida I watch your ever move…wahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah  Yeah I’m crazy!  HAHA….so when are we going to Amsterdam, it is a perfect excuse for me to visit my old pal Jacque who I have had as a pen pal for about 5 years now….we almost met once in San Francisco, but that weekend was not good….anyway I love you all and message me, I’m not that creepy……peace

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Day Light Savings, yuck
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:18:30 am »
good luck with your relocation. hope it's an exciting beautiful new start

Offline Xavier

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:22:51 am »
 :P Thank you, where do you get your hair done it looks sweet

Offline Bizmark33

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 09:45:03 am »
Actually, day light savings was a welcome change in my family this year. It was the first time in years that we were both off work, and we kept the boys up late with us, and we all slept in----unitl 8am mind you, but it was good to get over hours sleep for a change. My body has been telling me I need it for a long time.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 10:02:02 am »
I'm with you, Xavier....the 6pm darkness crap that comes with DS really bums me out.  It usually gives me a mild case of the blues.  The good flip-side is that I get zippidy-doo-da happy when it turns back the other way.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Bizmark33

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 11:06:13 am »
     I guess it's because I'm a night shift worker....haha. When the sun goes down I get happier. Seriously. I have an aversion to sun. Probably unhealthy, but still......my eyes are sensative, and at a certain time of the night, seomthing clicks in me and makes me more energetic. I'm not saying I'm a party person, I just enjoy they night. 24 hour Walmarts are a blessing to me. If everything was ope 24 hours, it would be better, to me. I wish malls were open 24 hours. Haha. That'd be fun. And movie theatres. I love it when they have a movie playing at midnight or 2am. I should probably live in an even bigger city, but here I am in the midwest.

poznoregon

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 11:38:46 am »
This is the first year I don't mind having day light savings time but that is because I just moved to Arizona and they don't participate in it.  I never minded the time change in the fall but in the spring time when you moved ahead an hour and lost it I always felt sleep deprived for about the first week.

Offline Xavier

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 01:34:38 pm »
okay yeah so the day light savings isn't so bad, I think its 1:30

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 06:57:30 pm »
Reminds me of the time I was stuck at a hotel on business up north and I didn't have a watch. It was really sunny outside when I awoke and I thought I'd missed my plane. Showered and shaved, I packed up and hit the lobby to find it empty. WTF? Then, I saw the clock on the wall. 4:30 A M. Gotta love the north pole.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 07:31:04 pm »
Sugar.  My answer to dealing with the period between now and when it starts to get light earlier and earlier.  It's a great mood lifter.  The other thing I have discovered is changing routines.  Keep yourself off balance, doing things you don't usually do and the dark mood can be avoided.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 07:43:56 pm »
With my job I suffer 6 and 7 hours changes 8 times a month...and I am still alive and taking Sustiva.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 08:51:58 pm »
I had the time difference all worked out between NZ and various parts of the States...then we put our clocks forward, that throw me a little, but I managed to work it out.. eventually.. :D..now you are telling me Your time has changed again...so does that put me back to the original time I had before My clock went forward,  am I 18-19-or 20 hours in front?..oh who the hell knows..I think ya'll are just messing with me... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 09:15:43 pm »
I had the time difference all worked out between NZ and various parts of the States...then we put our clocks forward, that throw me a little, but I managed to work it out.. eventually.. :D..now you are telling me Your time has changed again...so does that put me back to the original time I had before My clock went forward,  am I 18-19-or 20 hours in front?..oh who the hell knows..I think ya'll are just messing with me... ;)

Hugs

We're messing with you?

I'm not even sure what day it is where you live.  Is it Monday or Saturday (since I'm writing this on Sunday evening that is).   >:(

What was our 5:00 p.m. PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) is now our 4:00 p.m. PST (Pacific Standard Time).  Unless of course someone lives in a state that doesn't observe daylight savings time, in which case the time is what it always was before it was or was not moved forward by an hour, only to eventually be moved or not moved back an hour. 

RAB

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:08:05 pm »
Thanks Rocky..now I'm more confused than ever (if that's at all possible.. :D)

BTW..it's Monday here..or it was when I wrote this, but it could well be Monday where you are by the time you read this..and in that case then it would Tuesday here..and if you don't get round to reading this until next Wednesday your time then it will be Thursday my time...are you still with me, or did you leave and log off on Friday..which of course would be Saturday my time.. :D ;).

Hugs
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:14:04 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 12:52:20 am »
I didn't even know about the time change. I woke up and noticed the microwave clock was different than the ones in the house. I was told I gained an hour sleep but I still felt sleepy when I got up, so I don't know if it was from the Elavil I took or the time change. I got up at 11 am, was doggy sitting so I had to take Boo out for a leak. When I came back, I went back to bed and the next thing I knew it was 3 pm. :-\
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 04:52:04 pm »
I find the week after changing back to Standard time to be the most depressing of the year.  I swear the older I get the more I loathe the short days.  Then again, I become more manic in the summer when it's light until 9:45 pm.  That's always fun  :)

Offline fearless

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 05:02:52 pm »
All you need to know Rocky is that New Zealand and Australia are a long way ahead of the US. But, think about it, it's only natural it should be that way. hehehe.

Personally, I love daylight saving. We jumped forward an hour last weekend which was bliss. No more sunrise at 5am (ie getting light at 4.30am) with cats jumping up and down on my bed. And, it's not getting dark till about 8pm which leaves time to play after work. Yippey.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Cliff

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 05:07:06 pm »
The time changed in the UK yesterday and I didn't even know it.  My computer changed the time automatically and I thought it was screwed up so I changed it back.  I didn't find out they observed day light savings until I showed up at a friend's house for dinner an hour too soon.

Offline fearless

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 05:10:48 pm »
 ::)
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 05:35:52 pm »
Not to bum anyone out further, but daylight saving time will be extended in length in 2007 by a month.  In the US, daylight saving time will begin on the second Sunday of March (3 weeks earlier) and end on the first Sunday of November (one week later).

Offline Eldon

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 09:04:30 pm »
Hey Razorbill,

Thanks for that tid bit of information for 2007.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.