Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:02:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 211
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Serious Topic! Weather & Wardrobe  (Read 47856 times)

Offline Basquo

Serious Topic! Weather & Wardrobe
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:46 pm »
Locals speak up!  We've had a few hints here and there, but for real--what can we expect weather-wise, and what do you suggest for comfort and style?

It will be in the 90s or higher when I depart Austin, should I pack a sweater in my carryon?  Not much chance for shorts, I guess (the outer kind, you commandos!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 08:06:46 pm by Basquo »

Offline allanq

Re: Serious Topic! Weather & Wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 08:47:53 pm »
September is usually one of the best months of the year for San Francisco weather. Days are generally sunny, and temperatures are usually in the mid-70s by day, mid 50s at night. Bring short sleeves, a jacket and a sweatshirt, and you'll be fine. Pack a pair of shorts, but if you go out on the Bay you'll probably be more comfortable in long pants. Rain is very rare during September.

Here's a website with more detail on San Francisco weather and packing suggestions:

http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/sanfrancisco/l/bl_sf_temp.htm

As far as style goes, I will defer to someone who has more fashion sense than I.

Allan

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:14 pm »

As far as style goes, I will defer to someone who has more fashion sense than I.

Allan, baby, give yourself some credit. I can't see your belt and shoes, but your shirt matches the wall behind you.  Are you telling me that wasn't planned?!  ;)

Thanks for the link!

Creighton

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:41:44 pm »
Was wondering when that was going to be asked. Living here on the east coast the summers are hot. The winters here are cold. Here lately rain is the sad story have not had as much this year.

Got my information about San Francisco in the mail today as was reading up on the weather there. Now what I want to know is how is the earth shaking around there. Will probably freak out if there is a trimmer. :P

Can handle the cool weather, its just the ground shaking that scares me. :o

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 09:59:37 pm »
Can handle the cool weather, its just the ground shaking that scares me. :o

oh, damn, Jerry! I hadn't even thought about that!  I've heard some stories from folks that were in earthquakes.  I have a friend who tells a lively story about living in L.A.; she said things were flying across the room ala Poltergeist, and her kitchen floor started moving in up-and-down waves and then settled back down flat after it was all over...

So what are the safest floors to be on during an earthquake?  Hopefully the smoking floors?!

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 10:11:42 pm »
Damn thanks now second thoughts are running through my mind. :o

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:29:54 pm »
I can't remember who said, The coldest Winter I ever had was a Summer in San Francisco." 

No matter what time of the year, I always bring a hooded sweatshirt, jeans and a coat.  San Francisco has several micro climates and then again tend to vary from day to night.  There is not much fog in Spring and Fall but Summer is usually socked in around the Presidio and Golden Gate Park while the sun is shining and it is fairly warm on the eastern side of Twin Peaks.

In terms of fashion and style, don't really worry about it.  In the movie Hotel California, Jane Fonda or Alan Alda said, "The best place to buy California Clothes is Bloomingdales."  In real life, Tim Costello ( a native Texan says the best place to buy California clothes is Dallas/Fort Worth.  I guess I would recommend to bring a few things for any weather and if you need, there are plenty of shops in the city.  Have the best day
Michael
(who from personal experience says, It can be 100 degrees in San Raphael and colder than you know what on the bay.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:32:50 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 10:44:21 pm »
About the quakes...

Anything under 3.5 is nothing.  Get under a door jam or under a table.  I have been through some big ones and hundreds of small ones.  I will be there with you so just do what I do and remember it is not nearly as bad as a hurricane and we don't have those here.  Have the best day
Michael 
(a native Californian)

Offline Jody

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:21:15 am »
"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"

Mark Twain, a unique and wonderful writer who also lived in New York in the early 20th century.

The weather in San Francisco (I spent October there in 1981 after living in Los Angeles) and some nights were quite chilly indeed, especially sitting on the dock of a bay, if you catch my drift.

Less than 4 months!!!

Jody   ;)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 11:58:38 am »
September is the warmest month in the city.  Typical summer weather in the bay is fog evening all through the late morning early afternoon.  It is chilly every night so definitely bring a jacket.
If anyone is taking the ferry to Sausalito or the Alcatraz tour you will need at least wind breaker, the bay is very windy and chilly.
As far as the quakes, it is nothing.  I used to be terrified of it before I moved to California.  I've only felt 1 quake since moving here and I was disappointed....lol....I thought the dog had bumped into the couch playing with his toy but the TV news said it was a quake in Berkley.  I really expected more of a quake...LOL
Back to the weather...if you are from up North, SF is not cold, you will probably be comfortable in shorts during the day.  If you are a South Florida or Arizona native, SF summer is like a cold Miami winter day.
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 02:50:11 pm »
Everyone is spot on about the weather, especially the various microclimates around here.

I live in Martinez which is about 25 miles from SF (as the crow flies).  During the summer months, it can easily get into the mid to upper 90's here, while  in SF the weather map will show something ridiculous like 58 degrees when the fog bank settles in (which is every single afternoon). 

However,there is nearly always a cooling breeze blowing even without fog, which is why hardly anyone has air conditioning in SF (I think Allan mentioned this in another thread). 

September is a bit of a transition month as far as fog goes....it's usually not nearly as bad as the summertime, but can still blow in from the Pacific.  Rain is extremely rare at that time...it hasn't rained here for several weeks, and probably won't again until sometime in October  (never say never though.... it did rain during Folsom Street Fair a few years ago, at the end of September).

It is never humid here, like some of you are used to, especially coming from the eastern part of the US.  On those days when the temps rise to the 90s, the humidity will be in the 20-30% range.

As far as clothes....I wouldn't pack my summer tropical wardrobe, but a pair or two of shorts for trips out of the City, a windbreaker/sweatshirt, and whatever you would like to wear in the evening.  The name of the game is "layering."  I always carry a fleece pullover and long pants in my backpack when I go to the City.  Also have a good comfortable pair of walking shoes....it's a great place to explore on foot, and those stiletto heels just aren't feasible (sexy as they may be  :D)

Any other info...feel free to PM me.

John

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 06:38:23 pm »
Thank you JODY! 

I was guessing John Muir, Ernest Hemingway or even Charles Schultz but... I would have never come up with Mark Twain   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 09:15:52 am »
Jerry don't worry about the earth quakes, worry that the terrorists know how to count, 9/11 is not 9/13.  ;)

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 08:21:49 pm »
Not worried about Earth quakes now it is just the ground shaking. Lived in Myrtle Beach for 7 years and went through 3 major Hurricanes and if I can handle them nothing is going to stop me from going to San Francisco. Look Out San Francisco the AMG07 group will shake the ground for you.  :-*

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 11:55:37 pm »
I will bring a varied wardrobe: Pants, shirts, shoes.  ;)

As for a quake, sheesh. What's the worst that can happen?

I think the strongest temblor I was in was 7.8, so anything less than that will be cake.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »
Can't remember if it was Loma Prieta or Northridge but I do remember 7.8, I was in both.  I heard about this guy on the radio yesterday... Homeland Security confiscated his shaving cream, toothpaste, deodorant... all the things a terrorist would not be using  ;D.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 02:08:17 pm »
how ironic would it be if there was a massive earthquake and we all died.... is that better or worse than the aids getting us?  ;)

think miss melia has succeeded in persuading me to join you all in sf, so someone make clothing suggestions for girls please!
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 02:52:17 pm »
I think the dark side of my sense of humour might be getting darker.

This:
I heard about this guy on the radio yesterday... Homeland Security confiscated his shaving cream, toothpaste, deodorant... all the things a terrorist would not be using  ;D.

And this:
how ironic would it be if there was a massive earthquake and we all died.... is that better or worse than the aids getting us?  ;)

Both made me LOL...! :D

By the way, will oxblood red Doc Martin boots be suitable footwear everywhere in SF? Cos that's all I'm planning on bringing. Well, of course I mean as far as footwear goes. I'm planning on bringing clothes too... ;D

Miss Melia 8)
(who may have gone a bit too far over on the dark side)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 02:55:18 pm »
PS:
About the quakes...

Anything under 3.5 is nothing.  Get under a door jam or under a table.  I have been through some big ones and hundreds of small ones.  I will be there with you so just do what I do and remember it is not nearly as bad as a hurricane and we don't have those here.  Have the best day
Michael 
(a native Californian)

Michael, wherever you go, I'll be going. Just think of me as your puppy dog for a few days. ;)

Miss Melia 8)
(who has experienced a few tremors here on the Greek isle too this last 2 years)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 09:52:19 pm »
Last night, there was a 1.9 quake on Alum Rock Rd (closer to San Jose).  It was in the middle of the night, there was no damage and the TV news said people didn't even wake up.  This is normal for a California earthquake. Miss Melia, I am looking forward to our date.   Have the best day
Michael

Also in the news!

A baby's bottle did not clear security (SFO?).  The mother dumped the contents on the floor and she cleaned it up.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:00:29 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline mjmel

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:14 pm »
Earthquakes: I experienced a 3.0 when I lived in Long Beach many, many years ago. Nothing to get excited about but it's the oddest feeling to have the earth shake beneath you. Then you realize within a couple of seconds after it's over--if it had been more intense, there is really no where to run. Because you CAN'T RUN much less walk!
xxx,
Mike

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 09:08:17 pm »
I got a 3.0 and 4.6 in San diego. It's a strange feeling. I hope the next one under 5 happens when I have sex, not when I'm on the toilet. If it's over 5 I hope I'll be outside..

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Basquo

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 12:38:30 pm »
Awesome.  I just had a little anxiety attack right here at my desk in my office.  Let's not talk about earthquakes in this thread anymore, pretty please?  I'd hate to put my own thread on ignore!

kthx
 :-*

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 03:38:03 pm »
Problem with SFO in September is that it can be hot as hell or cold as hell. So bring a coat and sweat shirt, yes, along with light shirts and tshirts!

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 06:30:20 pm »
I remember a Bugs Bunny cartoon... Bugs and Sylvester were throwing each other out of the house and into the snow.  After about the third time, Bugs was standing in the doorway and calls out,  "Hey Sylvester! Don't forget your rubbers."  Have the best day
Michael
(who remembers when Condoms were called Rubbers)

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 06:44:24 pm »
Awesome.  I just had a little anxiety attack right here at my desk in my office.  Let's not talk about earthquakes in this thread anymore, pretty please?  I'd hate to put my own thread on ignore!

kthx
 :-*

Oh Darling,
I don't want to rain on your parade, but....the ground shakes daily in CA, but you won't feel a thing..I promiss, unless it is a 3.0 or higher.
This reminds me...when you go to the Ghirardelli store, you may feel the floor shake..It is not an earquake..just the way the building is, you can feel the floor shake when people walk...(I freaked out the first time I visited SF) LOL

For those interested...
http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/
I look at this site everyday to check if I slept through a quake...LOL

Rich
(who loves the thrill of an earthquake)

POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Nico

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 09:41:37 pm »
Milker,
Thanks for the advice.  Hot weather is not a something my partner can handle.  A hotel with A/C close to the Powell is something we may need to consider.  Any suggestions?  I already have a room booked, however his comfort is important.

Thanks.
Rog
Poz since 1990.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 09:51:04 pm »
All hotels listed on hotels.com or other websites like this in SF have A/C, even the terrible Holiday Inn.

I froze my ass off in SF in September, thinking it would be like the previous September where it was in the high 80s. I looked like a tourist with my tshirt and short, when every local was wearing long pants and a coat..

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline allanq

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 11:45:48 pm »
You can't assume that every hotel listed on websites like Hotel.com or Travelocity has air conditioning. Just for the hell of it, I checked Travelocity to see what hotels are going for in the Union Square area. The Powell Hotel was listed at $139 to $165 a night for Sept 13-18.

If you want to make sure a hotel has air conditioning, you need to check directly with the hotel.

I can understand that people living in places like Atlanta or Houston might get nervous at the thought of staying at a hotel in September without air conditioning, but the odds are very high that you will be comfortable in San Francisco without air conditioning. I have friends in San Francisco, and not one has air conditioning. I live in Oakland, which can get a few degrees warmer than San Francisco, and even here, residential air conditioning is almost unheard of.

When it does gets hot, it does not get muggy as it does in places like Atlanta, Miami, and New York. And it almost always cools off a lot in the evening. I can't remember when I ever lost a night's sleep due to the heat.

I viewed one of the rooms at the Powell Hotel. It had a ceiling fan, and I believe every room in the hotel has one.

Allan

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:50:53 pm by allanq »

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 11:48:41 pm »
When it does gets hot, it does not get muggy as it does in places like Atlanta, Miami, and New York. And it almost always cools off a lot in the evening. I can't remember when I ever lost a night's sleep due to the heat.
Oh yes, this is very true, I forgot to mention that.

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline Robert

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 01:31:52 am »
Michael and I lived in SF for 20 years.  Year around.  Summer, fall, winter, spring.  I can't think of one night
that I thought I might even want air conditioning. 

Hot summer (fall) nights?  In San Francisco?  That's the last of your worries.

robert

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 04:02:39 am »
Michael and I lived in SF for 20 years.  Year around.  Summer, fall, winter, spring.  I can't think of one night
that I thought I might even want air conditioning. 

Hot summer (fall) nights?  In San Francisco?  That's the last of your worries.

robert

GLOBAL WARMING....
Just kidding, San Francisco is always a cool city!

Offline Nico

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 08:25:13 am »
Thanks all!  I can always shove him in a freezer if he b*tches too much!   ;D  Look forward to seeing new faces!
Rog
Poz since 1990.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 08:34:39 pm »
here are some pics of SF I took just last weekend...notice the weather..one side is foggy (and cold) while the other side is sunny and warm.
We have the craziest micro climates in the bay area, so dress in layers..you never know when it will be cold or not and it usually it gets cold and warm all day long...it is like having all 4 seasons in a single day...lol

Rich

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 08:45:42 pm »
Ok you guys that live there in California in the Bay area we here in the east coast have had to deal with extreme temps. As far as clothing goes you say the temps are high in the 70s and lows in the 50s this is normal weather for us here in the fall. So as far as coming there with long sleeves and jeans not a chance for this man. I might bring a pair of jeans but the winter wardrob will probably be staying here in the winter closet. Not sure what everyone else that lives here in the south are planning on doing but you can only put so much in a suitcase. After lasts year problems we had at Montreal me and Allan I will only be bringing one suitcase.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 09:57:57 pm »
Jerry, I’ve got the following on my packing list:

2 jeans
2 cargo pants
1 Western dress suit (for Robert)
1 dress shirt
2 short-sleeved shirts
AMG ’06 T-shirt plus one more
Wicker cap
Knit cap
Superfly black leather golf cap
3 undershirts
3 boxers
3 briefs
2 jocks
5 socks
1 athletic shorts
1 waffle-tex shirt
1 zip-up sweater
The fab jacket I wore in Montreal
My butterfly vest
1 pair sneakers
1 pair dress shoes
Flowers
Butterflies

In Montreal, I had my returning luggage packed to the gills and wasn’t able to purchase any liquor in the duty-free area.  This year, I plan to do my Christmas shopping in Chinatown, and export a couple of pounds of chocolate, so I’m thinking I should ship some of my shit back to Texas.

I might have to slip some more dress slacks in there, because they fit me well and make me look hot, but I’m going to do my best to not over-pack.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 10:09:14 am »
Jerry, I’ve got the following on my packing list:

2 jeans
2 cargo pants
1 Western dress suit (for Robert)
1 dress shirt
2 short-sleeved shirts
AMG ’06 T-shirt plus one more
Wicker cap
Knit cap
Superfly black leather golf cap
3 undershirts
3 boxers
3 briefs
2 jocks
5 socks
1 athletic shorts
1 waffle-tex shirt
1 zip-up sweater
The fab jacket I wore in Montreal
My butterfly vest
1 pair sneakers
1 pair dress shoes
Flowers
Butterflies

In Montreal, I had my returning luggage packed to the gills and wasn’t able to purchase any liquor in the duty-free area.  This year, I plan to do my Christmas shopping in Chinatown, and export a couple of pounds of chocolate, so I’m thinking I should ship some of my shit back to Texas.

I might have to slip some more dress slacks in there, because they fit me well and make me look hot, but I’m going to do my best to not over-pack.

My gosh Basquo, you're so darn organized.  YIKES!  I guess I better get busy figuring out what I'll be taking too.  (Jesus where has the time gone?  I swear this thing was still months away just a few days ago!   :o)

RAB

(Who's starting to panic a little.   ;D)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 12:22:16 pm »
geez louis... it's a five (?) day trip and you make lists?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline allanq

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 01:06:12 pm »
Basquo,

Here's an idea for an AMG event: a Basquo fashion show.

When are you wearing your Western dress suit? I don't want to miss that. I'd also like to see the butterfly vest and the Superfly black leather golf cap.

The Powell Hotel is smack in the middle of a great shopping district. Maybe I can enlist you as a shopping consultant to help get me out of my late 70's fashion time warp.

Allan

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007, 01:11:40 pm »
You can all have afternoon tea at that nice place in Neiman Marcus.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 08:05:11 pm »
geez louis... it's a five (?) day trip and you make lists?

I have to make a list or I will overpack, it's that simple.  It's always an issue and this is how I deal with it.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 08:07:19 pm »
i tend to just throw a whole bunch of stuff in and hope for the best.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 08:07:37 pm »
I have to make a list or I will overpack, it's that simple.  It's always an issue and this is how I deal with it.

hee hee... was just kidding but it gave me images of you having post its everywhere at home :)  I have a friend who bought one of those label makers and went insane with it once.  That was a sight at his house.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 08:09:20 pm »
Basquo,

Here's an idea for an AMG event: a Basquo fashion show.

When are you wearing your Western dress suit? I don't want to miss that. I'd also like to see the butterfly vest and the Superfly black leather golf cap.

The Powell Hotel is smack in the middle of a great shopping district. Maybe I can enlist you as a shopping consultant to help get me out of my late 70's fashion time warp.

Allan

The Western dress suit is for the meet-n-greet.

Actually we can probably incorporate your 70's style into a new look.  I did my best shopping in Montreal at little vintage clothing shops.  I'm sure there are some groovy ones in SF. Oooo, that reminds me, I have to change my list to add some of the clothes from Montreal!

Offline Basquo

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2007, 08:14:31 pm »
hee hee... was just kidding but it gave me images of you having post its everywhere at home :)  I have a friend who bought one of those label makers and went insane with it once.  That was a sight at his house.

Oh, no, no, no!  No more than three post-its in sight at home or I will freak out.  I have a notebook to make lists in. And hopefully I won't need a label maker for a very long time. At this age I can still pretty much remember what everything is and what it's for.

Offline Robert

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2007, 09:53:15 pm »
Aw creighton.

here is a perfect example of brain fog in action.   I vaguely remember, and I mean just barely, our conversation about the Western dress.  It's so sweet of you to remember and I'm glad you did.  For now I will make sure I bring something special for the Meet and Greet.  No casual jeans for me.  I will wear my bolo tie with torquoise cowboy boot.  I had a pair of buffalo head (14 caret) cuff links and a squash blossom necklace that belonged to my grandfather (he was a rogue and a dandy from Colorado) but I gave them to my niece for her wedding. 

This is also a good reason why I should make lists.  Alas, I always forget.

see you soon!!!!

robert

(who will never, ever forget Mama Cass)

Offline Robert

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2007, 09:54:29 pm »
oops....double post.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:56:46 pm by Robert »

Offline mjmel

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2007, 12:07:37 pm »
 :D

Oh, Creighton, I love your list. So damn organized too. A knit cap? Is is going to be that cold, guy?

Robert: you are going to look so dandy too. Can't wait to see those boots!

Myself, I'm a jeans kind of guy. If I dress up any more than that I'll feel out of my league element. But I think it's so cool that some (or most) are going to attend Meet & Greet looking spiffy.

:)
Mike
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:21:43 pm by mjmel »

Dan J.

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2007, 02:21:51 pm »
So what is everyone wearing to the meet & greet? Are you dressing up or going casual? I plan on bringing  a couple pairs of shorts, Levis, a sweatshirt, t-shirts & longsleeve sport shirts & a light weight jacket & comfortable walking shoes.

Dan
(who tends to pack too much )

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2007, 04:39:37 pm »
It'll be jeans or shorts for me too Dan.  Not brining any dress clothes with me.

RAB

(Who dodged a bullet that would have made him miss both the Meet & Greet and Memorial Service.   ;D)

Edited to add little teaser above, but that's a topic for another day.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:47:51 pm by RAB »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.