Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:29:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Best place to chat online?  (Read 9477 times)

Offline koderkev

• Everything works...in theory.
    • Messages from Krypton
Best place to chat online?
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:08:36 am »
Now 1 yr since my partner died.  I finally feel ready to begin reaching out to others, but having problems finding the right venue.  I've tried personals, but not having any success there and anyway I'm not really out to hook up. 

I'm more interested in finding a good place to chat with others who are poz.  Can anyone recommend good chatrooms?  I'd rather not have to pay to get a premium account at Gay.com or other pay site.

Any ideas appreciated!
I distrust morning people largely because I suspect them of getting together one morning and setting up the rules of civilization while the rest of us slept.

Offline ARMANDO

Re: Best place to chat online?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:31:41 am »
ADAM4ADAM IS A GOOD SITE OR MANHUNT

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 09:40:12 am »
If some of you would apply yourself and spend some time on these boards and get to know other participants, there's nothing preventing you using something like Skype to have either a one-on-one or group chat with others.

With Skype you can either do "real time" chat just typing, or do it just audio like a phone, or if you both have web cams you can do a video conference.  It's very easy to use and it's free.

ps: Armando, koderkev stating he's not looking for sex, so why did you make your typical Captain Caps Lock suggestion?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:41:46 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline ARMANDO

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:38:58 pm »
well he did say that he was thinking about gay.com wasn't he??would you call that a sex site also??

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:40:20 pm »
anyway I'm not really out to hook up. 

Offline alejandroglz

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:17:00 pm »
I tried some local groups in my city where you meet for brunch or BBQ or just for a beer and meet with people in real time, or try poz personals, but I strongly recommend finding local groups in your city

Thanks
Btw is my first post in English and is not my first language so sorry if I have a not excellent grammar
05/09 poz
05/09 cd4 320 vl 500,000+
06/09 cd4 560 vl 442,000
07/09 cd4 460 vl 125,000 
09/09 cd4 389 vl 140,000
10/09 cd4 349 vl 148,000
11/09 cd4 350 vl 150,000 start Isentress/Truvada (11-18-09)
12/09 cd4 509 vl undetectable! As 12-03-09 + H1N1 vaccine
04/10 cd4 560 vl und
08/10 cd4 580 vl und start Isentress 2*400ml once a day/1truvada

Uno no vino al mundo a sufrir, arriba ese animo!

Offline koderkev

• Everything works...in theory.
    • Messages from Krypton
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 01:32:09 am »
Alejandro,

I have a local group that meets on Fridays that I'm thinking of going to.  Your suggestion is a good one.  I spend so much time online that often I forget there's a world beyond cyberspace.

And don't worry about your grammar, it's just fine!

KK
I distrust morning people largely because I suspect them of getting together one morning and setting up the rules of civilization while the rest of us slept.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 10:45:51 am »
koderkev, I looked up where you lived from your profile because it's an area of the US I'm not that familiar with, and it sits in a metropolitan area of ~2 million.  Surely there are outlets to address your needs.  A support group will be good for you, but you might also want to consider doing volunteer work as it can provide a good social type outlet.

Also, you might check around on line and see if there's a SIN (Strength in Numbers) organized in your area.

Offline brian davis

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 08:19:46 pm »
Hey dude sorry im so late posting but www.hivchat.org was INVALUABLE to me when i got my AIDS diagnosis back in 06. You need to get java which is free and can be gotten at www.java.com. Anyway good luck dude.

Offline weasel

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 11:11:10 pm »
Thank you BRIAN !

This MAY be what I need ,living here in the middle of the Ozark Moutains  :)

Be well Brain ,
                                                      Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline dgr20002

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 08:43:41 am »
I recommend poziam.com  its free and has chat. it is just a few years old and does not have a lot of members but it's a good site.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.