Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:26:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Good News for me  (Read 7086 times)

Offline purpledragonfly

Good News for me
« on: August 04, 2006, 12:51:12 pm »
Hi everyone, I have some great news to tell everyone. I got my lab reports back from June. cd4 is 740 with 34%and vload is 70, the vload worries me, i have been undetectable since 97, so i was scared, my case manager says not to worry, my cd4 is great, so i don't worry. One another note, i talked with my case manager and we are getting ready to start a support group up here where i live, i am very excited about that. Plus i have a new Dr. and he is just as excited about the support group as i am and said he will help anyway he can. He told me we have an epidemic here and something has to be done. This area would rather die with this virus then speak up and inform people. Well i am not going to sit back and let that happen. So with my Dr. help and my case managers help we are going to try to get the word out there and maybe stop some from getting this dang bug. Keep your fingers crossed for me and if you pray go for it please, we will need all the prayers and well wishes we can get.

Love you all, Wendy

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Re: Good News for me
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 01:32:01 pm »
Good luck to you. I think you are really brave to try to get the word out.  Cristy

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 02:04:11 pm »
Hi Wendy, that's great news!

Don't worry to much about that VL number, mine has done that before, it is just a 'blip'.   Let's hope that is the case with you too.

Hugs & best of luck,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 02:17:40 pm »
your case mgr is right Wendy  8)  cd4 is great ... percentage too  ;)

you're going to make good strong differences in people's lives. *bless you honey*

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 02:40:33 pm »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:38:57 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Nadine

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 05:03:21 pm »
Wendy,

Those numbers look pretty darn good to me!

Good luck with the support group, what a great thing you are doing!

You go girl!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 05:25:22 pm »
<-----------LOVES nadine's avatar!

GRAWWWR!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline joemutt

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 01:06:22 am »
I am happy for you Wendy, that is really GREAT news.  :D :D

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 01:15:45 am »
Wendy, thats terrific news! You must be doing something right!!

:)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 01:21:47 am »
Hello Wendy, it is Eldon. I am happy to hear that you took the initiative with your case manager and your Doctor to start a support group. This is a good thing. We all need to have a support group in place.

Good news on your CD4 count you are doing great!..........I'm also involved with my local clinic to initiate a support group and do so much more with the Planning council as well.

You are in my thoughts. If you need support group info on how to start one, I do have a copy from Moffie that I will be glad to pass along to you.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 03:28:20 am »
Wendy...I think you are awesome for tying to help your community! That is very brave of you! Ryan White I know would be proud! Best of luck and those T-cells are awesome!
Positive since 1985

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 03:55:37 am »
Dear Wendy,

I am very very happy for you with the great numbers and the new support group.  I remember a few months ago when you were trying to find a local support group and how frustrating that was.  AH HA! Wendy gets it done...  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 05:41:02 am »
I admire your fight and strength and the Love you radiate here, Wendy.  You are an inspiration!  Thank you for doing your part in fighting the stigma that goes along with HIV/AIDS. 

Sending you positive thoughts and energy and Love to light your way in this new venture and in your life, in general.

*HUGS*

Rich :) 
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 09:50:04 pm »
Hey Wendy...

A big thumbs up, SWEETIE .......you're helping to make a big difference in your community and I applaude your efforts...and your new doctor sounds like a great person.  Good luck and keep us informed.  You have my support and my graditude ...  {{{{{ BIG HUG }}}}}
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Trish

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 10:33:04 pm »
Hi Wendy,

Those numbers look fantastic, and even though the VL is 70 it's probably just a blip... try not to stress out about it.

I'm proud of you for taking a stand and starting up a support group.  We need more people to get involved in such ways.  You deserve a pat on the back honey. ;D

Good luck with everything.

All my love,

Trish :-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 10:59:47 pm »
I'll start the Wendy fan club, with a revival of this hit song, which was always a favorite of mine:

Who's peekin' out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it's Wendy

Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smilin' at everybody she sees
Who's reachin' out to capture a moment

And Wendy has stor-my eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Wendy has wings to fly
Above the clouds (above the clouds)

And Wendy has stor-my eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Wendy has wings to fly

Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smilin' at everybody she sees
Who's reachin' out to capture a moment

(It's really W-I-N-D-Y, but I changed all the i's to e's!)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 11:47:42 pm »
GO Wendy
GO Wendy
GO Wendy
proud of you girl!

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 01:09:07 am »
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am pretty excited about the support group and all. I can't wait to get things going. I have been saying for 5 yrs. now that we need some kind of support and public speaking done around here. Who knew it would take me comeing back home here from being gone 27 yrs. to find out what my calling was. I am kind of scared but more excited.I knew i loved this place for a reason, it's because of all of you and your kind words. I love my fourm family.

Love Wendy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.