Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 15, 2024, 01:14:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37594
  • Latest: FloBeee
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772732
  • Total Topics: 66292
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Makes sense to me  (Read 2945 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
Re: Makes sense to me
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 07:33:21 am »
Jack while there is truth in "war is ugly" I wonder why this rhetoric  keeps going around. The bungling of Iraq and Afghanistan isn't liberal views or journalism it is with your war hawks.
But then again maybe if they served in the military they would know something.

How many times must America keep hearing it is someone else's fault for all the fuck ups.
The military hasn't taken any onus for the fact that it isn't vetting strongly enough, that it's leadership is lacking , that profession people are being fired for their sexual orientation, that there isn't enough armor, etc. etc etc....
Johnny

"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:57:03 am »
Jack while there is truth in "war is ugly" I wonder why this rhetoric  keeps going around. The bungling of Iraq and Afghanistan isn't liberal views or journalism it is with your war hawks.
But then again maybe if they served in the military they would know something.

How many times must America keep hearing it is someone else's fault for all the fuck ups.
The military hasn't taken any onus for the fact that it isn't vetting strongly enough, that it's leadership is lacking , that profession people are being fired for their sexual orientation, that there isn't enough armor, etc. etc etc....
Johnny

But Johnny, not all of this is the fault of America. Yup, I'm that brilliant, I dare to reference my own work. ;)

MtD

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 11:44:04 am »
I have never denied that the war hasn't ended up a clusterfuck of major proportions. I think the article defines the reality of war for a civilized country in todays world.
I have always thought this exchange between Sean Connery and Kevin Costner in the "untouchables" summed it up best

Malone: You said you wanted to get Capone. Do you really wanna get him? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do?
Eliot Ness: Anything and everything in my power.
Malone: And THEN what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way because they're not gonna give up the fight until one of you is dead.
Eliot Ness: How do you do it then?
Malone: You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send on of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way, and that's how you get Capone! Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?
Eliot Ness: I have sworn to capture this man with all legal powers at my disposal and I will do so.
Malone: Well the Lord hates a coward. Do you know what a blood oath is Mr. Ness?
Eliot Ness: Yes.
Malone: Good, cause you just took one.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 11:48:17 am »
Poor, poor republican!  YOUR reign of terror (and by that i mean convincing us to be afraid ALL the time) is about to end.  Not a personal attack jack, just can't stand republicans right now.  Something to do with arrogance and religion, call me crazy.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.