Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:42:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread XXVII: It's Warm, and now Poof, Where My Ladies At?  (Read 53902 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Ok, Ladies, Her Royal Badness is back.... ;) And from what I saw in the last thread, you all must be busy. So where are you all at? You know I need to catch up with you all. Thanks Betty for keeping it going, I got your back now...*HUGS*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Dating Thread XXVII: It's Warm, and now Poof, Where My Ladies At?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:24:42 pm »
Welcome back Queen.
I am hot as hell right now and tired so I am going to go rest a bit.

The weather says it is 95 but it sure feels like 105.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 06:20:16 pm »
We've had a beautiful day today.  A little warm - 78F - but not bad.  Now the rain is coming up the valley and my poor head is pounding.  Been busy today with house stuff.  Tomorrow we're working on getting the garage in some resemblence of "order", then on to the barn.  Kids are just finishing up dinner and I made little individual chocolate pies for everyone as desert.  We're watching "Spirit" for our family night movie.  Other than that, nothing much going on. 

I'm reading a really good book by Dean Koontz called "The Good Guy".  I'm not very far into it, but it hits the ground running.  I usually sit out on the porch in the evenings to read.  I may go sneak 30 minutes or so before we start the movie.

Don't worry, Queen, you were greatly missed.  I'm glad you're back. :-*

Much love to all of you.  Betty, how are you feeling??

Mum :-*
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 07:58:41 pm »
I am a huge Dean Koontz fan. I haven't seen The Good Guy at the half price book store. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 09:15:53 pm »
Evening ladies,

WELCOME BACK QUEEN!
OMG girl, you were greatly missed.  I am so glad you're going to be able to be back on your computer.  That really sucks about the bugs.  I would be pissed.  I've got my fingers and legs crossed that you can break your lease.  Is your case manager at the ASO going to talk to your landlord maybe to help you out?  I'm glad you found another place.  I'm sorry about your gay friend.  As you know, I have a Native American friend staying with me.  Yesterday he hung a cow's skull in the kitchen.  I'm telling you, it's getting very Southwest around here.

Mum, I'm feeling some better.  Not blowing hardly at all; the only troublesome thing is the cough.  But, I'm using my inhaler and taking the Mucinex DM that my best gay friend brought to me.  You're such a busy woman.  We have a farmer's market here also and it's been ages since I've gone to it.  I really need to do that next month.  I'm sure the fruit is cheaper.

Wendy, how are you feeling?

Did I tell you ladies the latest in my IRS nightmare?  Last week I called them, because it still says I wasn't eligible.  The person told me I had to file an ammended return, even though I refiled a regular 1040.  He said that would just show up as a duplicate return.  So, I printed one off their site, filled it out and sent it in last week.  I really don't expect a check (if I get one) until probably October, who knows.  The whole thing is a cluster fuck. 

I didn't do anything special today.  I went to the store and got some kitty litter, a cantaloupe, and some Triscuits.  I only have $8 left until the 3rd, but I do have rolling tobacco and papers, so there you have it.  I'm all set.  I just wish the 3rd would hurry up and get here already!  Queen, you know what I mean. 

I'm off to check out some threads.  You ladies have a wonderful evening.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:48:26 pm »
Evening...

The weather has been pretty cool here, haven't had the ac on high for a few days. A friend gave me his ac since he bought a new one. It's been raining off and on the past few days but it usually has cleared up shortly after. He also sold me his emachine since he upgraded to a laptop and my laptop backlight blew out. The newest roomie rented a washer and dryer so no more laundry mat for me. I spent all day Saturday washing everyone's clothes.

It's good to be back, I have missed you all. LOL about the cow's head in the kitchen, uh, that has to mean something I am assuming. Glad you are feeling better, Betty. Mum, you're on a farm? Ok, now I got the visual of Mother Goose...LOL. Well I went to see my case manager at my ASO earlier today trying to see if anyone spoke to my landlord about breaking the lease. The woman from their main office in Clarion was off today which was a trip because she just came back from freaking vacation last week. So, I have to call tomorrow to see if she talked to the landlord at all.  I also just got the number to the house I am interested in so I have to give them a call tomorrow too. I am sick of where I am at, the bad ass kids and the freaking bugs.

Not doing much but watching wrestling. Vince McMahon has been giving away a million dollars the last 2 weeks. I have been logging on to WWE.com and wishing like a mofo... ;D But I would never have that kind of luck, hell the last person who won 100,000 was in the freaking arena for Christ's sake!!!! Thought I would check in now since when my roomie gets in from work, he is going to want to get online.

Hopefully those who were missing in action will stop in. I still wonder about Ms. NY. Anyone heard from her? Where is Wishful? Camms or Cindy? I'm going to surf the other threads real quick... Manana chicas
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

tendai

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 08:30:27 am »
hey y'all

Queen - good to have u back!  We're so behind you guys  in WWE, Vince has only just started his give away thing last week, he came in with the trunk full of money and told people how they can win. Talk about money for nothing!  Who knows girl, u just might be one of the lucky winners. And Im so glad Jeff Hardy's back, i just love his look.

Betty - im glad u're feeling a bit better.  Good luck with the IRS, if it were me i think i'd give up... ZANU is Mugabes party.

nothings going on this end except the elections fiasco.  im so bummed out.  i dont know anymore whats going to happen to us. im expecting a scene like Kenya.  Maybe only then will the world see fit to do something. i mean yeah they're talking about it but that dont mean they'll do anything about it. Maybe after 500 or so of us die first.  We really cant go on like this.  Lets just have war and be done with it
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:40:05 am by tendai »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 09:07:35 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, a washer and dryer, eh?  You're really moving up (hee).  I'm still going to be going to the laundermat.  Oh well.  I'm so glad you're back though.  Some days it gets lonely around here.  I don't know if the cow's skull means anything.  I think it's just a decoration.   I really, really hope you get to move.  I can't stand bugs (I'm assuming you're talking about roaches).  I used to live in a place that had constant trouble with roaches.  When the landlord would have someone spray, the dumb-asses would only spray the apartment that was having the trouble and not the other ones.  So, the roaches were traveling back and forth. 

Tendai, I heard a report on the news in the middle of the night about Mugabe's opponent dropping out.  I don't know why no one's doing anything.  It doesn't make sense.  The world knows what's going on.  I think Iraq (which is a pointless war) has got everyone's attention.  That's not an excuse; I don't think we should be in Iraq (never did).  We should be somewhere where people actually need help.

Well, I really slept in today.  Usually I'm up no later than 7:30, and today I didn't get up until 8:30.  That's alright, no where to go today.  I'm still hacking and coughing and it's very productive.  I have three more days on the antibiotics.  I don't know if I should call my doctor if I'm still coughing in three days, or just wait it out awhile to see if it stops.  My oldest sister always says it can take awhile for a cough to go away.

I don't watch wrestling, so I haven't seen the million dollar give away, but Queen, good luck!  I get e-mails from pch (Publisher's Clearing House) about their various games online.  Of course, I always play, but I've never won anything from them in my life.  I always wonder about them.  I saw an interview with Ed McMahon (actually, it was about his house being foreclosed on) and he said he's given away millions through pch.  I found that interesting.  I've only seen ads about their contests; I've never actually seen anyone being interviewed who has won anything.  Oh well, it's probably legit.

I'm just going to browse the rest of the forums.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 09:18:17 am »
Good Morning Ladies

QUEEEN, WELCOME BACK, WE MISSED YOU!  ;D ;D :-* :-*

I have nothing exciting to report from my end of the world today. It's very warm. I think it will be around 98. I'm sitting at the computer sleepy as hell. For some reason i'm not getting much sleep. I mean i'm sleeping but I do not feel the sleep if you know what I mean. I went for my labs last Thrusday. My last labs said my VL was 110 and CD4 366, So i'm praying that when I call back I will be undectable. I told the doctor about my headaches. She said I had a sinus infection and my blood pressure was like 120/110. They had to change my pills again. I just got the Implanon birth control in my arm and I have been spotting for the last month. I do not like this. I want to ask them to take it out but when it comes out the women is really fertile. I don't want to risk the chances of getting pregnant right now.

Queen- my husband has been watching wrestling and praying that he gets the phone call. I told him if that man does call he would pass the hell out and forget the pass word. LOL

Well i'm off to work. I'll chat with you girls later.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 11:17:16 am »
Hey Girlz!!
Hope everyone is doing well.  I have been running around with my head cut off lately, it seems.  The trip  lets turned 5 yesterday, we had a small party here with my mother and today I am taking everyone to see Kung Fu Panda.  I am going to have the young ones in a pre-school program until August so I can spend some more one on one time with my oldest.  Seeing his father is in jail, I don't want him to feel unwanted, not that he really cares if he sees his father or not but it has been hard for him being an older brother to the 3some because they need more attention.
 My ASO had a outing last Friday, that I orginally planned to go to, but didn't realize my son would be out of school by then and he and I went last Thurs to drop some stuff off to give out to the kids at the outing. He heard me on the phone with the secretary when she asked if I was going or not and I said " I am not sure, my son doesn't know yet" So then he starts asking me a million questions " Are you having an affair, Are you gay?(not sure where he got that one) Are you sick? I kept telling him it was nothing he needed to worry about he needs to be a kid first, he started crying, I started crying.  I haven't figure out how I am going to tell him yet but it will be soon.
Things have been going a little better with my SO, I ended up writing him a letter and e-mailing it.  I have tried everything in the past talking, yelling, screaming.  Thanks everyone for listening.
Betty- I hope you are feeling better.

Ten- That really sucks about the elections, I hope something gets resolved soon.  Stay strong, I will be thinking of you and yours.

Keeping- I totally know what you mean about the getting sleep but not really feeling rested.  I usually wake up everyday exhausted.  I hope you have a good day at work and your headaches are better.

Queen - I don't watch wrestling either, that would be so cool to win some money though.  I always wonder though, if you win, do they take away your disability?

I hope everyone else is doing well.  I missed you guys.

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 03:18:03 pm »
Yesterday he hung a cow's skull in the kitchen. 

Wendy, how are you feeling?

Ok I am obviously totaly twisted. My first thought was a cow head like you can buy at one of our local Mexican grocery butcher counters.

eewww LOL

I know what you ment though...

At the moment I am doing ok. I've had some troubles here lately with the fevers and throwing up in the middle of the night. I slept thru the night last night with no throwing up.
My temperature right now is only one degree above my normal. Tylenol isnt always working for me to bring it down. I'm fighting fatigue every day. I make myself get up and do everything I need to for the day. I dont want to lay around on my butt the entire day. That just makes it worse.

I'm in good spirits. But I usually am so thats no shocker.
I'll get better.

Billy and I are hosting a pool party for our hetero group for the july 4th weekend. So far we have only gotten about 7 RSVP's. I dont know where everyone around here is hiding.
But there is 114 members in the group. I've only seen about 50 attend anything. So some are just lurkers.
Oh well, doesnt matter we will have fun even if no one shows up.  ;)
I hope I am feeling good that day.

Hope you are all doing good.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 03:37:37 pm »
Ladies---

I am not sure if Vince is doing it anymore after last night, I think that was a tax write off or something. It was just wishful thinking on my part that he would call. I don't have that kind of luck, I can barely win at Bingo...*LOL* Tendai, last night was the WWE Draft too. Good old JR is now an announcer on Smackdown but RAW did pull some good drafts but we lost Triple H to Smackdown and the belt with him. But we did get Batista and Rey Mysterio, so not all bad.

Sorry to hear you're not getting enough sleep, Keeping. I have been worn out but that has been because I have been having to get up early the past few days. Last night, I was out like a light and slept like a baby. I didn't get up today til around noon and then some friends stopped by 15 minutes later. Had a nice wake and bake which motivated me, ran an errand for a friend who was having good green withdrawls and now I plan to relax the rest of the day. Last night was a bit of a trip because my roomie's ex was stalking the house. We called the police, gave them a description. About 45 minutes later, the cops come back, pick up my roomie thinking they caught his ex but come to find out it was a black man!!! I was so pissed because we gave them a freaking description, how do you confuse a black man even if he is of light complexion to a white man, come the hell on.

Ooooh Wini, I want to go to the pool party, not that I swim or anything. I went on a friend's boat last week which I would not step foot on without a life jacket. Hopefully, I will get to be back on the boat around the 4th of July. Ugh and let's not discuss ASO, it seems no one is doing anything about my living situation. Well, not telling me anything. I was told that the lady in Clarion spoke to my landlord but I have no clue as to what was said. I think I may be better off talking to him myself and asking to break the lease. The bugs are now migrating from the kitchen to other parts of the house though we are not seeing as many as we use to. That still does not comfort me and I sleep with my hearing aids in all night for fear one of them will try to crawl in my ear. I did inquire about the house and am waiting for a call back on that because if I have to, I will move out of here, I believe the 3 of us can manage a house.

I think I have babbled on enough, I need to do some other things to this computer. I will check back later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 03:39:15 pm »
Come on over Queen LOL
Swimming isnt manditory...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 03:41:55 pm »
Come on over Queen LOL
Swimming isnt manditory...

What is Billy throwing on the grill? You know I stay with the munchies... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 03:42:31 pm »
Heck I dont know. We havent gotten that far.
Likely just burgers and dogs.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 04:17:58 pm »
Heck I dont know. We havent gotten that far.
Likely just burgers and dogs.

That's cool but I am bringing a steak. I have been craving a grilled steak along with grilled corn on the cob and grilled asparagus...Yum!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 04:48:37 pm »
LOL ok
Billy might wrestle you for some of the asparagus though.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 06:32:39 pm »
LOL ok
Billy might wrestle you for some of the asparagus though.

LOL, you better warn your man that I know submission moves....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 07:52:57 pm »
He might like that LMAO

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 08:14:01 pm »
He might like that LMAO

Oh snap, well sistah girl, you better learn some and put the smackdown on that ass....*LOL*...imitating the Rock...If ya smell what the Queen...*raises pierced eyebrow* is....cooking.... :D :D :D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 08:43:32 pm »
LOL too funny

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 08:53:33 am »
Morning ladies,

Keeping, having a sinus infection and BP that high, no wonder you're feeling so tired.  I've had a sinus infection (and bronchitis/pneumonia) for awhile now, but my BP is normal.  I hope you get the infection cleared up, and get that BP down.  What med did your doctor put you on?  I'm not familiar with that Implanon birth control method.  If it was causing me to spot, I would want it out also, but I understand you not wanting to get pregnant right now.  Do you have a gynecologist?

Snow, happy birthday to your kiddies!  About telling your son, I told my daughter right away, and tried to put it in terms she could understand, as she was only 5 when I found out.  I believe that's made her comfortable around people with HIV, and other chronic/terminal illnesses.  Kids are really more resilient than we think.  If you need help, most ASO's have material to help parents discuss HIV with their children.  Good luck.

Wendy, oh, I know what kind of cow's head you were thinking about, hee.  No, not one with the flesh still on it.  I sure hope you feel better soon.  Any idea what's causing the fevers/throwing up?  I seem to remember a thread in LW about you having low-grade fevers at night.  But, I would want to know what was causing the puking.    The pool party sounds fun.   If I lived closer, I would come, but Indiana is a long way from Texas.

Queen, you and your roommates seem to have quite the trouble with ex's.  Yet another reason why I stay out of relationships.   When you move, are your roomies moving with you? 

Well, I'm still hacking and (sometimes) blowing.  I think it's getting better, though.  I'm sure if I quit smoking it would clear right up.  Today it's supposed to be hot/humid and if it is, I'm going to put on the air conditioner.  I told Alex when the air comes back on, we're going to have to smoke outside.  It's bad enough smoking inside with windows open, but I'm not going to smoke inside anymore when the windows are closed.  I'm almost convinced that's what started this whole mess I've been having with my sinuses/chest. 

Yesterday I didn't do too much.  I sorted through tops and got a bag together to give to Goodwill.  My friend Joe came over and gave me another Kachina doll and some Native American magnets.  I googled "Kachina" and found out that they're very, very expensive.  The one I found for the least amount of money was $198.00.  A lot of them are over $1000.00.  Joe has given me 5.  I would never sell them.  I was just curious to see the price range on them. 

I have nothing planned for today.  Alex is still sleeping.  He sleeps on the floor (he has a sleeping bag).  It doesn't seem to bother him.  When he lived in Arizona, he lived on an Indian reservation.  His tribe is Apache (yes, the ones that were generally grumpy).  He's not grumpy though; at least not with me.  Anyway, I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I'll probably be back later.

Offline minismom

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 09:41:04 am »
Betty, those dolls sound beautiful!  Our middle daughter is half Camanche Indian. Yes, we had to petition the tribal council to get permission to adopt her.  But, that's a whole other story for a whole other time.  I need to find a picture and post it so you can see.  She's got big blue eyes and pitch black, straight hair.  A real cutie, with a real temper. ;)

oh, and hun, you can just sent that Goodwill bag right on over here. :P  Today is 1/2 off day for kids clothes so we'll be heading out in just a few.  We're also going to check out Big Lots.  Our Gabriel Brothers closed for remodling and isn't open yet.  I can't wait, I LOVE that store.  They tore the whole building down and started over from scratch.  Looks like they're making it bigger, but is was huge to begin with.  I managed to find the boys some winter shirts at Walmart for $1.  I got every color in every size I needed, and still only spent $15. ;D  I found the girls some pants and shirts for $1, too, and grabbed those for this fall/winter.  Everyone else's baskets are filled with summer clothes and bathing suits.  Mine is full of long sleeved shirts, sweat pants, and jackets.  I'll get bathing suits in the dead of winter when they're marked down to $2.  I'm cheap, i know.

Nothing much on the schedule today.  i need to get a load washed so I can hang it out before we leave.  It's supposed to rain for the next few days, so i won't be doing laundry because i refuse to use my dryer in the summer.  Ok, so I'm cheap and stubborn.  But, you love me, so get over it. :-*

Here's to a great Hump day - get it if you can.  Much love and warmth streaming to you all.

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 02:26:41 pm »
Wendy, oh, I know what kind of cow's head you were thinking about, hee.  No, not one with the flesh still on it.  I sure hope you feel better soon.  Any idea what's causing the fevers/throwing up?  I seem to remember a thread in LW about you having low-grade fevers at night.  But, I would want to know what was causing the puking.    The pool party sounds fun.   If I lived closer, I would come, but Indiana is a long way from Texas.

I think it the Reytaz. I was taking my meds in the evening and if I take any pain medication with it I puke my guts out. I've switched to taking my meds in the morning with breakfast in hopes that might solve the problem.

I think the fevers is my body fighting the virus. I dont have much of an immune system so I'm working my way back up to normal.
It could be related to my intestinal problems. <shrugs> but its always around 4 in the evening when I start feeling bad and running fevers.
Whether I have a busy bust my ass day or laying around on my rump its the same old same old. This sick crap is getting old quick LOL

I tried naproxen last night instead of tylenol. I did ok with it but I didnt have much of a fever so that didnt prove anything to me.
I took some fluconzole this morning. feeling a tad yeasty. Freaking nasty. I dont like the way my body is treating me lately.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 02:35:44 pm »
Afternoon Ladies---

Only my gay roomie is the one having probs with the ex. I don't go through that type of drama, been there, done that and refuse to go through something like that again. But it was when I was young, dumb and full of cum. But when the move comes, we'll all be going together. And my other roomie isn't dating anyone. We figure when we move the dust will clear because the ex will not know where we are. It may stop before then if they manage to lock his ass up but they are doing a piss poor job of that.

Queen Nefertiti is a bit fussy today. One of her babies, the one we called Endora or Dora the Explorer got a new home. I was sad to see her go but I already am keeping one of Nef's kittens and I think my roomie is keeping the only boy which is black and white. I'll post pics later. I have to download the cam for this computer. Other than that, it is just a quiet, laid back day in the neighborhood. Friday, I have to go to this hearing aid place where a guy will do some maintanence on your hearing aids if they need it. Not my normal ENT but I had spoke to someone from this place before who said I should be able to hold the phone to my ear and not have the feedback I do. Because supposedly I have the best hearing aids out there.

Betty-- I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hmm, 2 Indians in the house, girl, that would be temptation for me but I have been a horn dog lately, sorry. It happens from time to time.. ;D

Mum-- I am so glad I got all the laundry done. Last Saturday, I spent almost 12 hours doing laundry but was just in the mood to get it done.

I guess that is about it for me. I need to do some more things to this computer. I hope you all have a nice day.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 06:13:58 pm »
Today I got a total of squat done in the house.  The laundry is still in the hamper, the bread isn't made and the kids are having leftovers or cereal for dinner.  So much for Betty Crocker and Martha Stewart. :P 

We left just after 10am and didn't get back until close to 5:30pm.  We took the kids bowling, which was a total blast.  We were the only ones there and it took us 2hrs to get through 1 game..LOL!  The kids had never been bowling.  I had the youngest on my "team" because we got to put the bumpers up and the wee ones used the ramp.  On the 10th frame, our youngest got a strike.  We all started jumping up and clapping - she started crying because all the pins were gone.  Oh, well.  I won (just wanted to throw that in).  And, my team won (ok, now I'm pushing it..lol).  Then, we took the kids to lunch, Walmart, and the mall.  It was a very fun, cheap, day. 

I'm debating wether or not I should get the laundry done and hung out tonight.  It's supposed to rain from now until Monday.  I'm exhausted.  I missed my nap. 

Winn, I sure do hope you start to feel better.  I saw a couple of women that I know and they are leaving in the morning to go to Texas for 2wks.  You were the 1st person I thought of :D.  I sure hope you and Billy have a great 4th BBQ - so cool of you to open your home.

Queen, read my reply in the "critters" thread.  I've just sealed the deal that you'll never come and visit me :'(.  What if I promise that Freddy won't kill you in the woods and Mickey won't run over your toes (or climb your braids). ;D 

It's getting late and I guess I should feed my brood.  Stay safe all my honies.  Much love to you all!
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 07:28:08 pm »
Winn, I sure do hope you start to feel better.  I saw a couple of women that I know and they are leaving in the morning to go to Texas for 2wks.  You were the 1st person I thought of :D.  I sure hope you and Billy have a great 4th BBQ - so cool of you to open your home.

So far we have 11 RSVP's and 2 maybe's. Then of course there is always one or two that just show up which is fine. Its a potluck BYOB event so its never been an issue. We have hosted a July 4th party for the last 5 years. We always have fun.

Texas this time of year is hot hot hot. Hope those ladies dont melt. Visiting in July is slightly better than August though.  :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 08:23:11 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wendy, damn.  I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.  I hate it when my body misbehaves. ;)  Really, I'm hoping you're feeling better real soon.

Mum, I'd love to see the picture of your daughter (the one who's 1/2 Indian).  I bet she's beautiful.  So, did you do laundry or not?

Queen, I hope you're able to get your hearing aids fixed soon.  I can't even imagine the frustration that must be.

Well, I'm feeling a bit better tonight.  Not blowing near as much.  Not too much coughing.  I think that's due to the Mucinex DM and the inhaler, both which I'll be using again soon.  Other than that, not much else happening.  The Cubs are on, so I'll be watching them soon.  My best gay friend came over and loaned me some money, which I hate doing (borrowing), but sometimes the end of the month is just so hard.  He knows I'll pay him back.  Well ladies, I hope you all have a good evening. 

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 08:57:46 pm »
Surprisingly I feel ok aside from a slight headache even though I have a temp of 99.1 right now.
I'm going to take some naproxen.

Glad you are feeling better.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 10:21:10 pm »
Hi all! Welcome back Queen... ;D

I have been busy so I haven't been on much. I finally got my new air conditioner  today so I am very happy! Of course if it wasn't for Dad it would not have happened..LOL! Yes, I'll admit it, my daddy still helps me when I need it... :)

I'll talk to you all later!

Offline minismom

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 11:28:07 pm »
Wendy, I'm from south Louisiana where we had some seriously intense summers, too.  But, I'm a fully acclimated mountain mama and can't STAND the heat.  It got up to 83 today and I was sweltering..lol..83 is probably winter for you guys. :P

Betty, the laundry, sad to say, didn't get done.  I'll get it in the wash tomorrow morning and hang it out if it's not raining.  It's supposed to rain early in the am and them not again until late late tomorrow night.  We'll see how well predictor is. ;)  I'll see if I can post a picture of our #4 here.

Kind of hard to see her, but you can enlarge the picture.  She's on the far right.  Mini is in the middle and #6 is on the left.  This is Resurrection Sunday.

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 09:35:37 am »
Good morning ladies,

Mum, what adorable children.  Tell Mini I said she looks just radiant. (of course, so do your other two).  Don't feel bad about the laundry; I'm not doing mine until next Thursday.  But that's only because I don't have any money to go to the laundermat with. :P 

Wendy, I hope you made it through the night without puking.

Viv, hey, don't feel guilty about your father helping you.  My parents helped me right up until they passed.  I tell people, if you have good parents, cherish them.

Today there's nothing planned.  I was going to clean, but that'll wait until tomorrow.  My therapist comes this afternoon.  I'm well into the 2nd week of my period. I wonder if this is normal on Depo.  Nothing horrible is happening-no clots, no real heavy bleeding.  So, I suppose I'll just grin and bear it.  My best gay friend came over last night and loaned me $20 so I could get some groceries I needed.  I hate to borrow money, because that means I have to pay it back, but sometimes, well, what else can be done.  I'm almost down to 1/4 tank of gas though, so going anywhere will be limited to emergencies.  That's alright.  There's stuff to do around here.  I'm reading a pretty good book right now.  When I'm done with this one, I'm going to read a book that Alex gave to me about Native American literature, all written (of course) by Native Americans.  I'm trying to just read one book at a time.  Sometimes I'll get two or three going. 

Nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I'll probably be back later.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 11:03:01 am »
Hey girls,

Just dropping in. Nothing exciting in my life today. Just at work sleepy as hell.

Betty- the doctor got me on Kelfex for the sinus and Atenol 50/25 for my Blood Pressure.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 11:23:09 am »
Mum - Not exactly LOL 83 is warm but tolerable here.

Betty - No puking, but I didn't take any pain relievers either. So that's likely why.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 11:38:23 am »
hi ladies

been meaning to drop it but you know how its been with me, though i played hookie from work today, which is the last day of my BF being here before his vacation, we won't see each other for 6 weeks b/c i'll go to isra el (to answer your Question Betty)

Wini, sending you warm get well wishes

Snow, glad you're working things out with SO. I know sometimes I make things really big in my head, instead of leveling them out, not saying its your case but when we keep things bottled up instead of saying them (can you do the dishes?) they become bigger and bigger (he doesn't give a shit about me) and before you know it...

Keeping, Betty, Mom... get well wishes to you too, what's up with all the sinus infections, I thought it was scorching summer?

Viv enjoy the a/c. we don't need it here in holland but I know it will be boiling home

Tendai sent you an email. Hope your mum made something good. she must be a wizard in the kitchen to whip up a meal with the food market being as it is.

Queen, bienvenido!

Ciao for now ladies
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 01:22:51 pm »
Hello ladies. Things are going well here.                      Mum, your children are so beautiful.                                                                       Queen, glad you are back.                                                           Betty, hope you are feeling better.                                                         We are just chilling in the house because it's 96 outside.          Not much else going on. Hope everyone is well. Later.  Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 01:41:31 pm »
Afternoon---

The morning started out with minor drama from the roomie's ex. He got into my roomie's account he has on a gay chat and disclosed his status then sent an email from my roomie's email to tell him he did it. What an ass but he is now locked up because we called the police on him for violating the PFA order. I also did a little something to push it along, just call me bewitched....*LOL* So we are happy and hopefully will celebrating the asshole's incarceration.

I have no plans for today but to relax, it is in the 70's now but is suppose to get in the 80's later. But there is a nice steady breeze coming in the window and my ac is on in my room. I think the heat is causing me to have a headache so I popped an IB 800 which is sure to knock it out.

I know what you mean about being broke, Betty. I am just going to tough it out til check day, I don't want to borrow any money from anyone. Other than the usual bills, I don't owe anyone. I had to call the lady in Clarion to find out what was said to the landlord, it's a good thing too because the landlord actually lied and said he had an exterminator come in. I explained what really happened and that I filed a complaint against him so she said she will call him back. It's not like I have a half a year left on my lease, only 2 months and I think I should be able to break it with just cause. I know if I did, he would keep our deposit so he would actually not be out of any rent at all because my lease is up in September.

You're still bleeding on the depo shot, Betty? Man, when I got my first shot all I did was a little spotting and since has not had a period at all. My best friend said the shot didn't work for her at all. How many shots have you had so far? My next one is in August along with a Pap...Oh joy but since my gyn is gay, he never stays down there long...Probably taboo to him.... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 02:57:17 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Keeping, I hope the infection clears up soon.  So, the doc's got you on Atenolol for the BP, aye?  That's a pretty good med.  I took it for awhile for my heart problems.

Wendy, glad you didn't have any puking last night.  Do the pain pills make you sick if you eat with them?  Sometimes that's what I had to do.

Drag, I hope you do alright when your bf is gone.  Nice to see a line from you!

Queen, I think my period's actually about to come to an end.  I've only had 2 Depo shots and this is the first period I've had since I've been on them.  My next one is in July.  I already had a pap done this year, and it was by a female intern.  She didn't stay down there long either. ;)  Good luck.  I hate to borrow money, mostly because I hate to pay people back (it takes out of my check).  But, I especially needed some pads ('cause of my period).  It'll just take some adjusting in the budget, which I'm lucky to ever stick to anyway.

Well, I'll be eating the stuff I made in the crockpot in a few minutes (meat, potatoes, carrots, onion).  I'm starving.  My therapist came over for awhile and we had a nice visit.  I really have nothing planned.  I just hope the time goes by fast between now and the 3rd.  I hope you ladies have a good afternoon.  I'll be back in awhile.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 04:35:44 pm »
Wendy, glad you didn't have any puking last night.  Do the pain pills make you sick if you eat with them?  Sometimes that's what I had to do.

For some reason I get sick if I take any pain meds when I have taken Reytaz. It could be a few hours after taking the Reytaz even and I will get sick. Its not immediately after.
If I where to take my HIV meds at 6pm then take a pain pill before bed at 10, I'd wake up puking by 2- 4 am.
I've got a sensitive system I guess.

Strange huh?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 05:41:15 pm »
Well, I just got back in from going to look at this house. We all agreed that it would suit us nicely. Had to go through a realtor and do an application. There was one other couple there but I'm guessing they have kids and am hoping the realtor will not want them because they just poured money into fixing it up. So, we will have to turn in the applications on Tuesday. I am really hoping we will get it.

Other than that, nothing eventful going on. Will check back in later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sprial10

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 06:04:16 pm »
Hello
well thanks to you guys who responded to me a few days.
I can honestly say that this the first time I had any kind of contact with other people with my status.
Hopefully I can get in the loop and start posting.  I go to the dentist tuesday and its a big thing because I hate going to new doctors my caseworker actually made the appointment for me so I going to go.
I feel like im walking the hall of shame when I go to new places. Is that crazy or what ? that i rather been in pain then go somewhere new. Well let see how it goes.  :-\

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 07:15:58 pm »
Heck even when I go to familiar HIV related places I feel like people are eyeing me. Some with the look like "what the hell are you doing here" or "she must be lost"

Offline vivyt

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 07:52:09 pm »
Welcome Sprial!

Ok ladies...I have a question about the Depo shot. Are you using it for birth control or just a period regulator?

Offline minismom

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 08:07:01 pm »
The weather cooperated today so i was able to get the laundry done and hung out.  Hubby brought it in and not 5 minutes later is poured the rain.  So, at least until the kids get into their jammies, I have all the laundry done.  Tomorrow, if it's not raining, I need to strip the beds. 

I decided to clean out our craft / storage room.  I foolishly thought I could get it done before lunch.  I started at 9am and stopped just before 5pm so that I could wash the dust off before making dinner.  Hopefully I'll get it done before lunch tomorrow.  Anyway, my back is killing me.  I had to take 600mg of Ibuprofin and I've been on the heating pad for nearly an hour.  I"m fine as long as I don't move, breathe, cough, breathe, think, or breathe.

Being in the damp and dust did nothing for my poor lungs.  The elephant has arrived and I'm coughing a storm.  I can't take anything for another hour or so.  The musinex DM helps, but it's expensive and there aren't very many in the bottle.  I'm still waiting for the letter from DHHR telling me wether or not I get insurance.  Hurry up and wait >:(

Much love to you all!
Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 08:56:50 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else but I am on the depo shot to regulate my period. I was having periods that would last for 2 weeks not to mention the clots or the cramps. It also was a concern because I was very anemic at the time. I think I have been on the shot for about 2 years, will have to ask at my next appointment. I just know I never miss them. It was funny because one time I was late getting my shot and the routine is that you have to get a pregnancy test before you restart the shot. I laughed at the nurse and explained that my tubes had been tied for 17 years, if I ended up pregnant it would be a miracle and an immaculate conception considering that I have not had sex in months. So we both got a good laugh.

It just started pouring down raining here too. But I closed the windows before it started. I am on vacation from house cleaning. I got it all done last week, now I want to start packing since going to see this house. Everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed that we get it.

Welcome Sprial--

I actually thought one of the ladies misspelled your name til I looked at your post. I use to feel that way about going to my ASO more than doctors. But now I am just at the point that it doesn't bother me anymore.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 08:59:14 pm »
Gosh Mum you have had the creeping crud for a long time. I'm so sorry.

I wonder if the depo shot regulates hormone problems. Guess I could look it up but I just don't feel like it right now. LOL

I went to a nursery today and bought a couple of caladiums and one container of purple fountain grass. I planted the caladiums in a container I have an elephant ear in but I haven't figured out where to put the fountain grass. I thought they would all fit in the container but its not big enough.
I probably shouldn't have spent the money on it but I wanted to. I also bought icecream. LOL

I hope you get the house Queen.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 09:12:07 pm »
I wonder if the depo shot regulates hormone problems. Guess I could look it up but I just don't feel like it right now. LOL

I do believe it does because I was a bitch to be around before I started getting them. I believe the shot has made me a much nicer person..*LOL*...Uh, does that BYOB stand for Bring Your Own Bud? LOL
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:25 pm »
LOLIf it is done it is usually reserved untill everyone but one or two have left. There are a couple of tokers in the group.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 10:33:21 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wendy, I think I just have a high tolerance to narcotics.  My mum used to get terribly sick from them.  She couldn't even take a Darvocet without puking.  I was so grateful that during her last days, she was able to take Morphine without puking.

Queen, I'm keeping my fingers and legs crossed that you guys get the house.  That would really be nice.

Sprial, I think the feeling you have about going into places will pass with time.  It doesn't bother me; really, it never has.  Good luck with the dentist.

Viv, I take Depo to regulate my system.  I'm still having a period right now, which I wasn't expecting.  But, it's better than it was.

Mum, what are you doing cleaning up a dusty/dirty room with your health problems?  I can't believe you're still waiting on that letter; I would be calling bugging the hell out of them.  I know the Mucinex DM is expensive.  My gay best friend is the one who bought me my bottle.  I couldn't afford it, that's for sure.

It didn't rain today, even though it was predicted.  I'm trying to figure out what I'll be eating next week until the 3rd.  I'm almost out of meat and things to fix meals with.  My ASO case manager is sending me a $10 food voucher to a local grocer, so I'll probably be spending that on cheap meat.  Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Nothing else happening.  Joe is over and I hope he goes home soon so I can get to bed.  I'm pretty tired.  Probably from the carbs from all the potatoes and beef I ate earlier. :P  I hope you ladies have a good night. :-*

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 05:22:37 am »
Hi Ladies

Queen good luck with the housing! I am definately crossing parts here. I wouldnt clean at all if that was my conditions.

In my previous horrible place (where I was living when diagnosed) we has maggots falling on us from the ceiling, I mean dozens of them. It was the most vile thing I have ever seen. I suppose there were some kind of woodworms. It didn't happen in my room but in the hall/entrance area, where we also had the washing machine (I dont own a washing machine but rent one; in the longterm its more expensive but its hassle free if something goes wrong, also way cheaper than laundromats).

The landlord was also a bastard, they often are here when they specialize in renting to foriegners. they do this thing called "house milking" which is buy an old building, break it all up inside into rooms with shared facilities and basically try to milk as many "studios" from one building as possible and rent each more expensive that any self standing apartment (cos they know foreigners dont have much choice b/c the private market is very limited and many real estate agencies dont want to deal with you unless you make 3 times more than the rent, which is unlikely).

Thankfully now, I dont live in anything fancy, but at least its a real apartment and rented from a realtor so they take care of things. Its also cheaper than those shitty rooms. As unimpressive as my apartment is (built in the 40's small modest shower without enough water, and wost of all no central heating) all my foreign friends here were very impressed with it b/c it is really difficult to get something like that, whereas people visiting from outside the netherlands think we're living poorly (also b/c all our furniture save for the matresses is from 2nd hand [more like 10th hand] shops).

Mom, hope you feel better soon. I have to clean the place spotless too, b/c after I leave, my BF will come back with his sisters... I have already hidden my meds that need to be refrigirated in aluminum foil in the fridge, we've decided than he will say that they are some kind of homeopathic concossion. Its hard to make the place clean - its old and full of really old grime that you scrub on for hours in all sorts of corners. Its really designed to get dirty... everything here just attracts stains and dust and whatnot.

I am not leaving for 2 weeks but I already started on the cleaning b/c I want to do just surface cleaning before I leave. Not that we were living in filth but I know they will notice things that we ignored such as behind the stove and so forth. Places that evidently, everyone living here through the decades has ignored as well  ;D

Cirsty, it is so nice to hear that you are better. How is work now? Hopefully wont be as strenous as before.

Wishful, report to HQ  :)

Spiral, welcome! I know what you are talking about, I still take it to heart sometimes but it has gotten so much easier for me. I have dumped the service providers (b/c that is what they are...) who treated me poorly like my idiot of a dentist and my former GP (although, he was not an aidsphobic like the dentist but just insensitive and unbothered about my needs as a poz). I remind myself that I dont know what people are thinking, and even if they think what I fear (not know!) that they are thinking, that is their freaking problem and 25 years into the disease while being health care providers if they can't get over themselves that is certainly their problem. But usually I get a good vibe from people - that is my luck living in the Netherlands [many good things here too, not everything is greedy landlords] I know things can be different. You just remember we cant and shouldnt take responsibility for anyone's thoughts, whatever bagage they may have.

Betty, are Alex and Joe both staying with you? It must be a strong bond between you, its very nice of you to help them out like that.

Wini, your house looks absolutely lovely. I've been meaning to tell you that your employer reminds me of the geezer who married Anna Nicole Smith. After the latest descriptions, even more.

Viv, I wish my dad were here to help me. Not just for me, but for him. Dads like that...

My hand hurts a lot today, and I have to write a 4,000 word report. Ouch, I shouldnt be writing here but I felt like it. The reason is I got an email from Tendai. As we know Mugabe is the only candidate but she seems to hope (maybe it is rumored) that there will be a note for the opposition. But I told her to stay home.... Their boss has taken a conveniently timed holiday but still wants them to go to work - but it might be dangerous. Today is the watermark (watershed?) day. I know I am not supposed to quote emails to me but I dont think she will be online for a while and I just wanted to share with you guys how it makes me feel. So helpless... I often feel helpless reading the forums or getting PMs from people with huge problems but this takes it a notch further. It also makes me realize, what i already know... that my life is a child's fairytale compared to millions. That the distance between me and, say, Donald Trump, is miniscule compared to the bulk of the world's population.
Anyway I just wanted to share that, am not trying to make a point or anything.

have a good weekend ladies... lots of love to all of you
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.