Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 381
Total: 383

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hard Massage HIV RISK  (Read 33554 times)

Offline bobhppy

Hard Massage HIV RISK
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:54:11 am »
Firstly great thanks to this site and moderatos for helping out the people.

Please help me in assessing my risk with HIV.

I had a massage last month at a chinese massage parlour.I was lying naked on the bed and lady massager was first walking all over my back and my buttocks.Next she gave a hard body massage and some times touched my anus and my genitals.

I am worried about possible transmission from the pimples and cuts that I have on my body during the hard massage that would cause the transmission from her just in case she had some bleeding which got mixed with my blood from my cuts/pimples.How risky is it if the infected HIV blood comes in contact with open cuts/wounds etc..Normally I notice that my pimples on my back do bleed when massaged hardly.

How risky is it to get massaged on chaffy and dry skin and  Can HIV be transmitted thru massage oil/lotion used?

Also how risky is it get a handjob with cuts/blood/infected fluids on her hands?How much blood is required to cause an infection.

I have got ELISA HIV (I and II negative) at end of 6 weeks with negative results,Do I need any further testing.

I have gone thru your site and also medhelp and found that there is no risk involved and no testing required in this case.

Please let me know your comments which will add great reassurance into me

Offline RapidRod

Re: Hard Massage HIV RISK
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:58:25 am »
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV. Take the time to read the lessons. You can find the link in the "Welcome" forum at the top of the forum.

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:02:47 pm »
Dear Andy/Ann could you please pass your inputs as well which are very much valuable

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 01:09:12 pm »
You never needed to get tested over this incident. No matter what details you throw in about your skin or anything else, being massaged or masturbated does not in anyway put you at risk for HIV transmission.

The only PROVEN risks for sexually transmitting HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else is purely theoretical in terms of risk. In the real world of HIV we know infection happens through unprotected intercourse. Nothing you did was risky.

Give it up and get on with your life.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 09:59:45 am »
Andy thanks a lot for your inputs.Its really reassuring.

But one last question,has it been tested and proved that handjobs/massages with different variations(contact of open wounds/cuts/sores with infected blood,fluids etc..) can never cause any HIV infection?I really trust you when you said its impossible to catch HIV from handjob/massage but sometimes it really becomes difficult to control the anxiety and fear in the mind when I imagine these different variations.I am also worried taking one more test at end of 13 weeks.

Sorry about asking about it again but i have been having sleepless nights over this massage encounter and really really worried about getting HIV transmitted.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 10:48:17 am »
You were already given the answers above. You did not have a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 01:49:26 pm »
Theoretically anytime you have sex with other than your own hand you are potentially at risk. But in the real world of HIV we know it's all about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

Personally I have never known of nor heard of anyone ever becoming infected in the scenario you have described nor in any like it. You're good to go. Give it up and get on with your life. Those fearful feelings have no basis in the facts of HIV science.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 09:53:07 pm »
Andy Thanks very much for your reassuring comments.

I am still trying hard to keep my mind at rest from irrational fears that me getting HIV infected.

I am sure this was a question of my life and you would have given your replies after careful consideration and will try my level best to move on with my life.

As a general question how much possible is it to become HIV positive after being tested negative at end of 6 weeks ?I have been tested thru ELISA HIV(I and II) antibody test.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 10:42:49 pm »
All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days.

So a negative at 6 weeks is extremely unlikely to change when you re-test at 13 weeks.
Andy Velez

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 10:47:23 am »
Dear Andy,

Can I be 100% sure here that I havent got infected,I have been really trying hard to keep it behind,but the information available on internet is adding a lot of fear and I am having sleepless nights and unable to concentrate on any thing.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:56:03 am »
Read the lesson on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread. At no time were you ever at risk of contracting HIV in the situation that you've provided.

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 10:10:37 am »
Dear Andy,

I came back again to permanently keep a stop to all my worries about the above incident I have reported.I have checked with my local doctor here and he said massage and Handjobs are zero risk unless both the persons are actively bleeding.I am not sure if any bleeding was involved in the incident.But do you think I should completely keep a stop to all the worries permanently and continue to have unprotected sex with my girl freind(she is my trusted partner)? I want to come over this incident as soon as possible as it has been haunting me day and night.I am not even thinking of getting retested at 13 weeks.Is it ok?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:06 am »
You never needed to get tested over this incident. No matter what details you throw in about your skin or anything else, being massaged or masturbated does not in anyway put you at risk for HIV transmission.

The only PROVEN risks for sexually transmitting HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else is purely theoretical in terms of risk. In the real world of HIV we know infection happens through unprotected intercourse. Nothing you did was risky.

Give it up and get on with your life.

Cheers.

I don't know any other ways to say again that I've never considered you to have been at risk. So yes, you can resume with your gf without concern about HIV. Friend, this is all about guiilt and shame on your part and not any real risk for HIV. Get on with your life. Period.

Andy Velez

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 10:56:07 am »
Dear Andy,

I will strongly go by your words and will try my best to forget about this incident.Yes I am going through a massive guilt over infecting my girl freind just in case I got infected.I have been having many sleepless nights and got stressed out a lot.I will simply trust you and will not go for any further testing and will take granted that I'm not infected.

I have never had intercourse till date and so I will  believe that I have not got infected with the massage/handjob incidents I reported.There is a lot of conflicting information on net and I am sure there are hundreads of people like me spending sleepless nights over ther worries about handjobs and massages.This site is a great great help!!!!

My sincere thanks from my heart.You have been have a great help to hundreads of people like me here.God bless you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 12:02:26 pm »
You're welcome.

Even if you continue to have scary thoughts they have no basis in HIV science.

Get on with enjoying your life with your wife.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 10:45:43 am »
Dear Andy,

I am very sorry to come back again.But I wanted to share the anxiety that has still not ended.

Still after your reassuring comments my anxiety didn't came down and went for a test at 73 days after my incident  I again had a HIV Anti Body test and it turned out to be negative.

My doctor said I suffering from OCD problem and gave me medication.

My only night ware about the massage was what if when the lady walking over my back puntured my skin with her toes causing some active bleeding or when she was massaging me hard if there was any unnoticed open active cut or wound that would have happened at that time which would also got mixed with her blood.This thought keeps my mind going crazy.

I'm not sure if need to go for a 90 day test again or should I end up here taking my 73 day negative test and keep moving ahead in life.

I know I might be testing your patience here,but I sincerly reuqest you to forgive me and answer my question.

Offline bobhppy

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 12:09:37 pm »
I am reposting again as my english was not proper in my previous post

Dear Andy,

I am very sorry to come back again.But I wanted to share the anxiety that has still not ended.

Still after your reassuring comments my anxiety didn't came down and went for a test at 73 days after my incident,I again had a HIV Anti Body test and it turned out to be negative.

My doctor said I suffering from OCD problem and gave me medication.

My only nightmare about the massage was what if when the lady walking over my back puntured my skin with her  toes causing some active bleeding or when she was massaging me hard if there was any unnoticed open active cut or wound that would have happened at that time which would also got mixed with her blood.This thought keeps my mind going crazy.

I'm not sure if need to go for a 90 day test again or should I end up here taking my 73 day negative test and keep moving ahead in life.

I know I might be testing your patience here,but I sincerly reuqest you to forgive me and answer my question.This is will be the last time I will post here.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 12:17:26 pm »
None of the stories your worried mind is coming up make any real, science-based sense in terms of how HIV is transmitted. You were not at any risk whatsoever, period.

You really don't need to get tested at all. Getting a negative result is a certainty for you. If you are going to get tested you have to decide which negative result is most likely to satisfy you. Will doing one at 73 days give you peace of mind or are you going to continue worry and wonder if maybe you should have waited and done it at 90 days. We can't decide that for you. I can only tell you that you really don't need a test at all.

I can tell you that you can't keep coming back here and wanting more attention and handholding over a non-risk incident. Because if you continue to do that you are going to end up getting a Time Out for 28 days.

This is not an HIV situation no matter what your thoughts tell you otherwise.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.