Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 09:03:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone had recurring problems with candida?  (Read 2726 times)

Offline hcj90

Anyone had recurring problems with candida?
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »
Hello,  I found out about my HIV last year because of having oral thrush and losing 30 pounds in 6 weeks.  Now, I am having terrible sinus problems, which I have had for years, but never this severe.  I was reading about possible candida causing this problem.  Also, I am having lots of bowel problems. 

I think I am going to have to really watch my sugar intake, and I hope this will help in getting rid of over production of candida.  I do eat a lot of sweets, and drink soda.  I go to my dr. tomorrow for a checkup and will discuss this with her.  I took an online candida test, and I scored in the worst category for having lots of symptoms.  Memory and concentration problems, mood swings, and fatigue. 

Has anyone else had to drastically change their diet?  I guess if I want to feel better, and stop having to sleep so much, that this focus on my diet will be of most importance!

Thanks and hope everyone is doing well! :D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Anyone had recurring problems with candida?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:22:29 am »
Hello,  I found out about my HIV last year because of having oral thrush and losing 30 pounds in 6 weeks.  Now, I am having terrible sinus problems, which I have had for years, but never this severe.  I was reading about possible candida causing this problem.  Also, I am having lots of bowel problems. 

I think I am going to have to really watch my sugar intake, and I hope this will help in getting rid of over production of candida.  I do eat a lot of sweets, and drink soda.  I go to my dr. tomorrow for a checkup and will discuss this with her.  I took an online candida test, and I scored in the worst category for having lots of symptoms.  Memory and concentration problems, mood swings, and fatigue. 

Has anyone else had to drastically change their diet?  I guess if I want to feel better, and stop having to sleep so much, that this focus on my diet will be of most importance!

Thanks and hope everyone is doing well! :D

Hi Hcj . I think its great that your making changes in your diet but if are dealing with painful thrush and candida you are going to need medication to clear it . Its good to hear you seeing your doctor about this because that is who is going to be able to help you rid yourself of the yeast infection . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline hcj90

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:10:31 pm »
Thanks for responding Jeff.  My doctor doesn't think it's candida, and has given me an antibiotic to try and clear my nose problems.  If I continue to have trouble, she is sending me to an ENT.  The thrush is not showing up in my mouth as it did before, so hopefully I don't have that.  My appetite is quite low again, and I had lost a few pounds, so I will continue to monitor this.  After losing that initial 30 pounds last summer, I had gained 40!  I hate this...first my pants were actually falling to the ground...and now I can barely button them!  Well...just thankful that I'm still here to have these minor problems! 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 10:18:28 pm »
I was thinking it might not be thrush because thrush is extremely painful and most people who have it seek treatment right away and they don't just wait till the next doc visit ... I'm happy to hear that you made some progress and the antibiotic clears things up for you .

I'm just quit smoking cigarettes and now weigh more than I ever have in my entire life so I know about tight pants too LOL .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.