Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 02:33:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 173
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Maid Sues Heiress Over HIV Test Requirement  (Read 20942 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Maid Sues Heiress Over HIV Test Requirement
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 09:27:21 am »

I partied at the Sound Factory in the 90s too actually, but probably different crowd :)

Original Sound Factory or the very lame attempt to reconstruct it in a different location?  Miss P was an original member who received VIP treatment from management.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Boze

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2010, 11:05:47 am »
Original Sound Factory or the very lame attempt to reconstruct it in a different location?  Miss P was an original member who received VIP treatment from management.

this was around 98-00?
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2010, 11:12:24 am »
this was around 98-00?

That would indicate major fail.  Sorry.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 11:40:09 am »

Maybe he's talking about the SF in Paducah, KY.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 11:53:24 am »
Maybe he's talking about the SF in Paducah, KY.

Next month he'll probably claim rights to Sally's Hideaway.

ps: I used to dance with Exotica during the closing sets at Factory -- she used to work the only tassled nipple pastees.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:57:01 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:38 pm »
A couple of years ago I heard about some legends working on some sort of New York Nightclub or Nightlife museum... Anything come of that?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Boze

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 12:02:53 pm »

And in English that means what?
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 12:09:44 pm »
And in English that means what?

It would indicate 1) that you have no idea what you're talking about, and 2) went to the "wrong" Sound Factory, meaning the sad attempt to re-create the original Sound Factory in an entirely different location than the original one, and years after the first one closed. 

Nice try, no cookie.

Offline Boze

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 12:37:54 pm »
It would indicate 1) that you have no idea what you're talking about, and 2) went to the "wrong" Sound Factory, meaning the sad attempt to re-create the original Sound Factory in an entirely different location than the original one, and years after the first one closed. 

Nice try, no cookie.

Never claimed to be an expert on clubs.

But your statement gives away an old person. Easy to spot - only things that were around when you were young were good and original. Everything afterwards is sad and pathetic.
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline mecch

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2010, 01:41:51 pm »
Your age and quality theory doesn't really apply to nightlife reboots.

Second incarnations eclipsing the original venue/locale are rare.

I can think of very few in my experience.  And you?

The first Danceteria was great, and then the second location was infamous. Third sucked.

Swissmiss Susanne Bartsch convincingly resuscitated Copacabana in the 1980's. She had done the same at the non-legendary Bentley's.  Girl had a flair for this.

I hated the Roxy's makeover into a gay club because it had been so great as a hip-hop club.

The Saint at Large has sometimes achieved the excitement of the Saint say some of my friends 10 years older than me.  By the time I got to the Saint, it was on its last legs and we'd scurry over to Boy Bar or Pyramid.  Those two were at their peak.  Besides, the Saint had been the Fillmore East. I can't imagine the Saint ever surpassing the Fillmore scene.  

If you don't feel these things as important, important for your pleasure and the energy of the place, then you're not really a clubber.

SNL has a great sketch on Weekend Update this year about a clubber who can only explain the weirdest and most fabulous places of the moment. There is always a fabulous place NOW.

You are right to call someone an old lady if they always complain that the new is never as good as the stuff that used to be.  But that is not the same as a women of a certain age naming exactly when someplace was the right place at the right time.  

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TP3u0rNkys
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:03:01 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »

The first Danceteria was great, and then the second location was infamous. Third sucked.

Swissmiss Susanne Bartsch convincingly resuscitated Copacabana in the 1980's. She had done the same at the non-legendary Bentley's.  Girl had a flair for this.

I hated the Roxy's makeover into a gay club because it had been so great as a hip-hop club.

The Saint at Large has sometimes achieved the excitement of the Saint say some of my friends 10 years older than me.  By the time I got to the Saint, it was on its last legs and we'd scurry over to Boy Bar or Pyramid.  Those two were at their peak.  Besides, the Saint had been the Fillmore East. I can't imagine the Saint ever surpassing the Fillmore scene.  

If you don't feel these things as important, important for your pleasure and the energy of the place, then you're not really a clubber.

SNL has a great sketch on Weekend Update this year about a clubber who can only explain the weirdest and most fabulous places of the moment. There is always a fabulous place NOW.

You are right to call someone an old lady if they always complain that the new is never as good as the stuff that used to be.  But that is not the same as a women of a certain age naming exactly when someplace was the exactly the right place at the right time.  

----

Wow mecch, who the hell was this for? 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2010, 04:04:59 pm »
Oh that was for Boze.
Sorry to bore everyone including Boze with my offtopic rant.

Back to the wacky fun-loving heiress, shall we?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2010, 04:21:11 pm »
Oh that was for Boze.
Sorry to bore everyone including Boze with my offtopic rant.

Back to the wacky fun-loving heiress, shall we?

LOL it was very descriptive though...  Maybe if I popped one of your sustiva pills you brag about I could have been there..
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Boze

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2010, 10:04:06 am »

You are right to call someone an old lady if they always complain that the new is never as good as the stuff that used to be.  But that is not the same as a women of a certain age naming exactly when someplace was the right place at the right time.  

----

I think the statement "Oh, I partied at the right Sound Factory" is only a testament to someone's age. Like saying they had voted in 1982 elections which were way better than 2000 elections. And comparing "their" club to another incarnation 15 years later is just another incarnation of "when I was young, grass was greener and sky was bluer".
What is a club - just a place for young people to get high, dance and have a good time. Earlier ones were better because the person comparing was younger and more able to have fun. I know we had a ton of fun at SF in late 90s - can I allow that someone else had more fun at another club called SF 20 years before? Sure. But it's as relevant as comparing two Woodstocks - one from the 60s and 90s.

==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline mecch

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2010, 03:47:03 pm »
Boze you miss the point entirely.  Miss P isn't saying that nothing new under the sun or streetlamp is exciting.
The argument is that every place - restaurant, nightclub, resort, fashion fad, lifestyle, university, childrearing trend, etc. etc. etc. has its peak moment.  
If you went grunge in 1998 you missed the grunge moment. If you're wearing your calvins today and think you are all that, OK, but the trend energy and excitement in that brief is long gone.  If you partied at the Copa in the 70s cool, if you partied at the Susanne B reboot, even cooler, but the cool wears off. The bloom goes off the rose.
Take a trendy restaurant. If you can't get a reserveration the first year cause its hoarded by VIPs, and then you finally get there in the 3rd year, the vibe may be gone. In fact, the restaurant makes most of its profit on the 2nd wave of clients - rich but not VIP.  Service and food may, or may not, continue up to snuff. Nobdy says you wont have a good time. But people can validly say you missed the moment.

People carve out areas of interest in which they are wiling to play the trendster game. The reward it the excitment of being in.  This doesn't have to be New York Nighclubs.  Every 10 years or so there is a shift in the MOST desireable elite university, and which one for which group.  
For 10 years now people have been flocking to the World Economic Forum.  Maybe next year, the bloom will be off, and it continues another 5. So if you go to the WEF in 2012, you've missed it, maybe all the excitement is at TED.  

Knowing which was the best Sound Factory, and being part of it, this has value to Miss P.  If this sort of thing has no value to you, you haven't included nightclubbing on your list of experiences in which trendiness and peak experience is important.

Some people, for instance, take pride in home baking  Someone is going to bake you the birthday cake of your life. You can't come back to that person and say, well, there's a chocolate mousse number I love at the local supermarket....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:57:14 pm by mecch »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2010, 03:54:11 pm »
Please@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more Sound Factory talk.

Boze, If you have a response to Mecch, please send him a PM.

I have not wanted to say anything up to now, but enough is enough. Hijacking a thread, especially to this extent, is bad form.  Not everyone who opens the thread up for updates wants to read all this extraneous stuff. I for one am not the least bit interested and this is my thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:56:46 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline mecch

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2010, 04:04:54 pm »
OK back to miss heiress.

And what do you think about her being married to a doctor? shouldn't she know better???

And her great aunt Lee Annenberg - she was chief of protocol for Reagan.  So she was supposed to be an expert in the proper way to treat people

What happened???
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:07:16 pm by mecch »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2010, 04:10:06 pm »
Even though it does not make a difference as far as the merits of the case, I don't think they mention anywhere whether the job applicant is actually HIV-positive or not. I realize it's beside the point but I was still wondering.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2010, 04:13:30 pm »
Maybe she wants an hiv+ maid for weaponizing purposes.  You know so if an invader breaks in the maid can spit on them.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2010, 05:27:00 pm »
Perhaps she wants more than some housekeeping from her domestic and she is seriosorting .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2010, 05:36:21 pm »
Suppose she wants to set an example by hiring only an HIV+ maid.  Would that be ok?

No. But that's not what she did, anyway.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2010, 05:57:54 pm »
linky

Hammond's HIV obsession goes way back. We hear that a few years ago she interviewed a man for a position as a butler at her apartment just off Park Avenue. She asked him if he was gay (which by itself is a big employment no no). When he said yes, she freaked out about the possibility that he had HIV and told him he'd have to get an HIV test from her husband, a doctor, before being hired.

There are about three dozen things wrong with this. But on the upside: If you ever meet anyone who works for Dana Hammond, you've essentially got carte blanche to have a bunch of unprotected sex with them! The worst you're going to get is herpes.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2010, 06:12:49 pm »
No amount of money can cure, terminal stupidity.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.