Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:52:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773221
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 614
Total: 615

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: (Never As Good As) The First Time  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
(Never As Good As) The First Time
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:47:20 pm »
Woman accused of trying to sell girl's virginity

A Salt Lake City woman has been charged with offering her 13-year-old daughter's virginity to a man for $10,000.

The 32-year-old woman was charged Monday in Utah's 3rd District Court with two first-degree felony counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child and two second-degree felony counts of sexual exploitation of a minor.

If convicted, the woman faces a lifetime prison sentence for each first-degree felony and a zero to 15 year sentence for each second-degree felony.

In court papers, prosecutors allege that the woman had discussed letting her daughter perform oral sex and other sex acts with an adult male. The negotiated offer and an arrangement to exchange the teen's virginity for money were detailed in a string of text messages which were seen by the woman's boyfriend, who called police, court papers say.

In a police affidavit also filed with the court, investigators say the woman acknowledged the agreement and said she and the girl had been modeling lingerie for the man in a local store and at their home near the Utah State Capitol. Investigators say the woman said she had also taken pictures of her daughter wearing only a bra and skimpy, thong underwear and sent them to another adult male.

In the same affidavit, the girl told police she initially agreed to the sex-for-money arrangement, but later told her mother that she did not want to go through with it.

The Associated Press is not naming the woman to avoid identifying the daughter.

No court dates have been set in the case and it wasn't immediately clear if the woman had an attorney.

The mother is being held in the Salt Lake County Jail. Bail is set at $250,000. A corrections officer at the jail said the facility does not take telephone messages for inmates.

A check of Utah State Court records shows the woman has a criminal history that includes misdemeanor convictions for illegal drug possession and driving under the influence. A forgery case filed against her in 2007 was dismissed after she successfully completed a court-ordered drug treatment program.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: (Never As Good As) The First Time
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »
As a mother, I cannot imagine doing this type of thing.  There's a legal age of consent for a reason, and I do not believe a 13-yr old possesses the emotional maturity for this (sexual relations).  Totally disgusting.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:06:47 am »
It's pretty vile and disgusting for any mother to try to sell her daughter's virginity no matter what the daughter's age may be. When the daughter is only thirteen, it's child abuse regardless of whether or not it actually happened. It's emotional child abuse to even discuss the possibility with the girl and emotional abuse can often leave deeper scars than physical abuse. I can only imagine how much pressure this young girl was under to do it. Some people just shouldn't be permitted to have children. It's frightening.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:55:50 pm »
It's pretty vile and disgusting for any mother to try to sell her daughter's virginity no matter what the daughter's age may be.

Oh, I agree.  I wasn't saying there's a "good age" for this type of thing.  And I agree, some people should not have children.  I'm sure this girl will be scarred for a long time.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
Oh, I agree.  I wasn't saying there's a "good age" for this type of thing.

Oh hun, I know you weren't. It was just the first thing I thought when I read about this. There are some really evil people in the world. :-\
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 07:22:46 pm »
This takes my breath away, the poor girl , how is she going to deal with this?
Will she get help? other than bed and board, how could a parent do this Oh boy where does one begin .

Most off my work was with adults when i did work with children their forgiveness towards there abusive parants shocked me.
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.