Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:28:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 652
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 617
Total: 619

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried Sick After Oral From Sex Worker  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Slimkid

Worried Sick After Oral From Sex Worker
« on: August 02, 2011, 09:26:51 pm »
Hi Guys,

First off, I want to thank you guys in advance for the amazing work you do here on this forum. Your no BS approach has really helped me gain some real perspective in what has been a scary past few weeks.

Five weeks ago I received unprotected, insertive oral sex from a female sex worker.  I did a rapid test via finger prick at a New York State STD Clinic in NYC at 28 days post "exposure" which came back negative. After a lot of research, it is my understanding that HIV transmission via insertive fellatio has never been documented and therefore is a negligible risk.

I'm really scared despite these facts simply because I have some very unsettling symptoms such as throbbing muscle and joint aches/pains, really sore neck, nausea, extreme fatigue, and sore/tenderness in the armpits and groin that started roughly 2 weeks post incident that have continued through week 5.  I know symptoms don't mean jack but they've got me second guessing the facts and assuming the worse... I guess my questions are the following:

1.)  Do I need to retest after this low risk exposure?

2.) Can severe anxiety and stress cause ARS like symptoms in people, as I feel like I'm going crazy??!

Thank you again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Worried Sick After Oral From Sex Worker
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:38:11 pm »
You did not have a low risk exposure. You had a NO risk exposure.

Receiving oral is one of the most common of sexual activties. In the entire history of the epidemic there has not be a single confirmed case of transmission to a guy in that manner. It's safe to say you are not going to make history by becoming the first.

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV.

And for future reference, the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as you consistently use condoms for those activities you will be well protected. It really is that simple.

This time you are worrying needlessly and there is no need for HIV testing.
Andy Velez

Offline Slimkid

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:47:17 pm »
Thank you Andy for the quick response, I really appreciate it and again thanks for all that you guys do here.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:23:03 am »
You're welcome. Get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline Slimkid

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 07:17:51 am »
Andy,

Last night I had night sweats, and tingling and burning sensations over most of my body. I also have a slight rash on my chest. I know you said 'No Risk' but all these symptoms got me buggin' out!!  Is this all anxiety??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:29:25 am »
You're still misinterpreting whatever goes on with your body through an HIV jitters mindset and all to no good purpose or without any basis in HIV science. You did not have a risk. Period.

There of course is nothing HIV specific about your "symptoms." We don't diagnose symptoms here so if they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

This is not about HIV. Get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Slimkid

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 02:16:57 pm »
Thanks. So retesting after 6 week mark is ridiculous?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:45:57 pm »
You're still misinterpreting whatever goes on with your body through an HIV jitters mindset and all to no good purpose or without any basis in HIV science. You did not have a risk. Period.

There of course is nothing HIV specific about your "symptoms." We don't diagnose symptoms here so if they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

This is not about HIV. Get on with your life. Really.

Yah, with your not having had a risk, I would say testing and dragging this out any further is ridiculous. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Slimkid

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 02:48:02 pm »
Thanks Andy, these symptoms have me shook to the core. Would
your assessment change if I had any knicks/ cuts
on my penis and if the SW had sores, cuts, and or bleeding
gums in her mouth?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 05:32:05 pm »
Thanks Andy, these symptoms have me shook to the core. Would
your assessment change if I had any knicks/ cuts
on my penis and if the SW had sores, cuts, and or bleeding
gums in her mouth?

No, my assessment would not change.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Slimkid

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 09:19:34 am »
Hi,

One last question. My doctor has ruled all other STDs. He thinks my symptoms are psychosomatic. I've been having consistent pins/needles and burning skin sensations in my arms and stomach area which has been coupled with muscle tension. I'm going on week 8 now. There is no way this can be Peripheral Neuropathy that I've read can accompany early acute HIV?? I know you will say it was a no risk blowjob but the timing and duration of my symptoms are scary. Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 11:26:02 am »
Slim,

Rarely does PN accompany seroconversion. It's more normally a side-effect of some of the older meds used to treat hiv.

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.