Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:00:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 215
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Testosterone therapy  (Read 18107 times)

Offline mikeyb39

Testosterone therapy
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:53:57 am »
Hi all,
I've had my doctor test my 'T' levels a year or so ago and he said the numbers were in a good range.  I would still like to know if using something like an Androgel would help my energy levels and overall mood eventhough my levels aren't considered low.

I know there are male clinics here in Dallas that test testosterone differently advising that some tests don't accurately test the correct levels.  I don't know if thees are just testosterone pushers.

What would be the harm in using the Androgel in general?   does anyone take it eventhough doctor says numbers are in good range?

11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Testosterone therapy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:28:27 am »
I'm at a friends house and we were just discussing this . He is 50 years old and his doctor has him on androgel because he needs it , meaning his levels were really low . He is upset because he is losing his hair and has acne on his face chest and back . The hair loss is definitely a side effect from the gel in his case . 

I used to be a big fan of Androgel or Testosterone therapy because it did help with energy and libido . I was in the low end of normal when I began therapy but I had to stop using it because of problems with my prostate , thinning hair and acne . If I had low levels I would consider going back on it but knowing what I know now I sure hope that never happens .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:42:04 am »
Well, you would need a Dr. to prescribe it, and most will not prescribe it unless you are low. Although I suspect these male clinics that are popping up all over town will give it anyone with the money. I'm starting to see signs all over town saying "Testosterone replacement Therapy $250/month". Which is ridic since I pay about $75/vial which last for about 3 months.

I think if you try to add Testo on top of your "normal levels", your mood may indeed change but not for the good. Remember there is a reason there is a normal level, and anything above that may lead to trouble.

Testo is not a magic bullet. I've been on it for 2 maybe 3 years. I've used it all, gels patches and am now injecting it every 2 weeks. But I was extrememely low when I started and am still ahving problems maintaining normal levels. Sure it gives you more energy, and nice erections, etc... but in the meantime, like JG states there are BIG side effects. I have sporadic Acne, I am losing hair, my nuts have shrunk to the size of a small grape, and there are moood swings.

So there ya go! Proceed with caution  ;) Maybe look at other ways to increase your energy and mood.

-Will
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:43:47 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:50:24 am »
Going on testosterone doesn't just supplement what amount is in your body, it actually shuts down natural testosterone so you'd only be left with what you're putting in synthetically. And there's no guarantee that once you go off of the synthetic that your body will return to natural production at your previous level.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:36 pm »
My friend Tim just confirmed that he is nutless .

Not long ago I went on a crusade at my clinic to get back on Testosterone and my doctors made such a strong case for me dropping the issue it finally sunk in and I relented . If you need the therapy that's one thing but using it in the absence of low T is just not a very good idea in my opinion as well as the docs at UAB . They were doing a study at UAB about testosterone therapy and discontinued it early because of the negative effects on the participants health . That study is why my doctors wanted no part in prescribing it for me . I failed to find a link to the study , sorry .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:09:55 pm »
Going on testosterone doesn't just supplement what amount is in your body, it actually shuts down natural testosterone so you'd only be left with what you're putting in synthetically.

Yes, excellent point that I forgot to mention.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »
My friend Tim just confirmed that he is nutless .

Not long ago I went on a crusade at my clinic to get back on Testosterone and my doctors made such a strong case for me dropping the issue it finally sunk in and I relented . If you need the therapy that's one thing but using it in the absence of low T is just not a very good idea in my opinion as well as the docs at UAB . They were doing a study at UAB about testosterone therapy and discontinued it early because of the negative effects on the participants health . That study is why my doctors wanted no part in prescribing it for me . I failed to find a link to the study , sorry .   

My current doctor weened me off of it for those reasons seven years ago, Missy.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 12:25:09 pm »
. They were doing a study at UAB about testosterone therapy and discontinued it early because of the negative effects on the participants health . That study is why my doctors wanted no part in prescribing it for me . I failed to find a link to the study , sorry .

Would love to see that study.  I worry about the long term effects. My doc is always on the lookout for Prostate enlargement so I get the finger every 4 months. I worry about the unknowns.  I wished I could get off the Testo, but I can tell you I would never want to go back to how I felt pre TRT, it was hell.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 12:30:45 pm »
Would love to see that study.  I worry about the long term effects. My doc is always on the lookout for Prostate enlargement so I get the finger every 4 months. I worry about the unknowns.  I wished I could get off the Testo, but I can tell you I would never want to go back to how I felt pre TRT, it was hell.

I am going to make it a point to ask my doctor at UAB about where I can get the results of this study at . This subject comes up with some regularity and it might help to have that study to point too when making the decision to seek T therapy . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 12:37:41 pm »
seems like alot of VERY different opinions.
not just from the posts, but from the doctors as well.
i have been on the gel for 1 1/2 years.
started out at 5 gms. but it was recently increased to 10 gms.
(5 just didn't boost it enough)

it has helped with my energy level to some extent, but had hoped for more. ::)

has there been any studies done on long term effects? (nevermind this ?) ::)
has there been a study done of how patients would most likely rebound producing their own testosterone after stopping treatment?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:39:38 pm by mitch777 »
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 12:41:50 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't loss of testosterone just a normal part of the aging process? I think I'd rather be tired than nut less.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 12:52:21 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't loss of testosterone just a normal part of the aging process? I think I'd rather be tired than nut less.
it's normal to a point.
my last level was near ZERO.
not "normal". :(

tired (severe fatigue) vs. nutless?
your decision.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:54:39 pm by mitch777 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »

I went on it when I was 35 and in my defense it was for HIV wasting issues, which in that case is obviously necessary. Once I regained weight I went off of it.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 12:58:48 pm »
I went on it when I was 35 and in my defense it was for HIV wasting issues, which in that case is obviously necessary. Once I regained weight I went off of it.
wasting due to what? (curious)
and how long were you on it?

the muscles in my legs seem to be wasting pretty bad the past few years.
that is one of the reasons i started the gel.
they haven't improved, but at least haven't gotten worse.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 01:06:56 pm »
wasting due to what? (curious)
and how long were you on it?

the muscles in my legs seem to be wasting pretty bad the past few years.
that is one of the reasons i started the gel.
they haven't improved, but at least haven't gotten worse.

Muscle atrophy is different than HIV-related wasting, which is the involuntary loss of weight greater than 10% of your baseline weight. As far as what caused mine that's always difficult for a doctor to diagnose. It began in 1999 and went off and on until 2004, or for five years. Also at that time due to long-term resistance issues they were unable to suppress my viral load.

So I was on testosterone injections every two weeks for four years, then I tapered off using Androgel for the last year. My current testosterone levels are normal but at the lower end, but they were the same when I first had the weight loss. For me doing the injections sharply increased my appetite levels which had diminished. I never had fatigue issues particularly, no did I have libido issues.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »
Muscle atrophy is different than HIV-related wasting, which is the involuntary loss of weight greater than 10% of your baseline weight. As far as what caused mine that's always difficult for a doctor to diagnose. It began in 1999 and went off and on until 2004, or for five years. Also at that time due to long-term resistance issues they were unable to suppress my viral load.

So I was on testosterone injections every two weeks for four years, then I tapered off using Androgel for the last year. My current testosterone levels are normal but at the lower end, but they were the same when I first had the weight loss. For me doing the injections sharply increased my appetite levels which had diminished. I never had fatigue issues particularly, no did I have libido issues.

thanks.
i was using the wrong term i guess.
i still thought that testosterone therapy helped prevent muscle loss.
(not sure if it would apply to atrophy as well as wasting??)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 01:21:30 pm »

Yes, it's part of the process, but some people fall outside of that curve, way outside.. But when you are 41 and have the lowest clinical reading your doc has ever seen, and have been unable to get out of bed, literally for more than a couple hours a day. and have pretty heavy depression....

well you decide.

It's not for everyone, but it can be a life changer for some.

-W

Ps- I joke about being nutless, but I actually prefer it. My sex life has never been better
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:23:05 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 01:23:02 pm »
thanks.
i was using the wrong term i guess.
i still thought that testosterone therapy helped prevent muscle loss.
(not sure if it would apply to atrophy as well as wasting??)

How do you know that you have muscle atrophy issues in the first place? You said "seems" earlier so it sounds like you're diagnosing yourself. And how are you separating what is going on from basic aging processes?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »
How's come I was never prescribed this during my wasting period?  Probably because I had raging erections even while laying like a breathing corpse. :o
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 01:30:54 pm »
Yes, it's part of the process, but some people fall outside of that curve, way outside.. But when you are 41 and have the lowest clinical reading your doc has ever seen, and have been unable to get out of bed, literally for more than a couple hours a day. and have pretty heavy depression....

well you decide.

It's not for everyone, but it can be a life changer for some.

-W

Ps- I joke about being nutless, but I actually prefer it. My sex life has never been better

I'm not deriding anyone who needs the therapy it just seems like pharma is really pushing this on the teevees. Plus these shot clinics seem to popping up everywhere.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 01:37:03 pm »
How's come I was never prescribed this during my wasting period?  Probably because I had raging erections even while laying like a breathing corpse. :o

I think a lot of doctors don't want to bother with it. Keep in mind when I was on those injections I didn't inject myself like Wumpy does -- I went to the doctor's office. So that's 26 visits per year for four years, or 104 visits. All perfectly billable to my private insurance at the time. I don't even think Androgel was FDA approved when I first went on this. In fact, I'm sure it was not.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 01:38:36 pm »
Plus these shot clinics seem to popping up everywhere.

Is this a Southern thing? I've not seen this either in Philly or the DC area. Do you folks swing by the Pill Palace on your Medicare scooters afterwards for some Oxy?

Offline mitch777

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 01:42:53 pm »
How do you know that you have muscle atrophy issues in the first place? You said "seems" earlier so it sounds like you're diagnosing yourself. And how are you separating what is going on from basic aging processes?
i probably am diagnosing myself.
10 years on high dose Lipitor.
the muscle aches got so bad that i had to tell my doc NO more liptor!
the aches have diminished but the weakness remains.
the doc has never really come up with a solution/explanation for my weakness.

as for the age comment...
i am only 53 and my 77 year old mother has stronger legs than me.
(as well as everyone else I know)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 01:47:52 pm »

as for the age comment...
i am only 53 and my 77 year old mother has stronger legs than me.
(as well as everyone else I know)

Try having muscle atrophy due to hereditary foot abnormalities, combined with two foot surgeries, all layered on top of HIV-related arthritis at the age of 47... then get back to me.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 01:52:50 pm »
Try having muscle atrophy due to hereditary foot abnormalities, combined with two foot surgeries, all layered on top of HIV-related arthritis at the age of 47... then get back to me.
i feel for you.
just was trying to explain why i came to my conclusions about my own muscle issues.
thought you might have some insight.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 01:56:52 pm »
Is this a Southern thing? I've not seen this either in Philly or the DC area. Do you folks swing by the Pill Palace on your Medicare scooters afterwards for some Oxy?

Could be, haven't noticed them before. Course I was blinded by all the Cash for Title stores. Oh and whatever Medicaid Mama.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »
i feel for you.
just was trying to explain why i came to my conclusions about my own muscle issues.
thought you might have some insight.

Why isn't your doctor diagnosing this if it's applicable? Maybe something as simple as a couple of months of physical therapy would help. I'm thinking of buying those resistance band thingies for exercising/stretching with at home and/or when travelling.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 02:08:06 pm »
Why isn't your doctor diagnosing this if it's applicable? Maybe something as simple as a couple of months of physical therapy would help. I'm thinking of buying those resistance band thingies for exercising/stretching with at home and/or when travelling.
i don't know.
he seems to be scratching his head alot.
i have tried physical therapy but never gained my strength back.
it just seemed to make my muscles sore with no upside.
this is why i think there may be permanent muscle damage.

MilburnCreek

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »
I am on T Therapy, and have never been happier.  I now swear by it.

First, my doctor said i was on the low end of T (I am 53), but within normal ranges, and wouldnt prescribe (Disclosure: I was on street roids three years ago.) 

I found a T Replacement center in Boston, and received my Rx.

The doctor there prescribed me 200 ml of Test cyp every week.  Due to HIV status, he also prescribed Nandrolone (street name: Deca). 

He also prescribed Hcg to stimulate my own testicles, and anastrazole to prevent my body from turning excess Test into estrogen.  To top it off, he added Taladafil (cialis). All of these goods arrive via mail.

Now, let me admit right up front that I take more Test Cyp and Deca than what he prescribed (and from what i've heard, the test 'patches' are practically useless)..  I supplement by continuing to buy street drugs.  I take 600 ml test cyp and 400 ml Deca weekly, along with 700 iu hcg.

Changes?  Damn Straight.  I went from sleeping 12 hours a day and STILL being exhausted to sleeping 7 - 8 hours/day and feeling alive and awake All day.  I have the sexual energy I had when I was 16 (except now I know what to do with it).  My strength and lean mass have increased significantly, and I have never felt better about myself.

I should add that I was a certified personal trainer back in the 90s, and have spent the equivalent of DAYS reading up on the proper management of testosterone and other steroidal substances.  Yes, you can get into big trouble, both legally and health-wise if you dont know what you;re doing.  But if you DO...well, my experience is that I will never go off the stuff.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »
Jeez Mr Creek , that sounds more like steroid abuse than therapy ... to each his own . I hope it doesn't harm you in the long run .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »
What an odd endorsement. I hope anyone reading this post read carefully what you are doing. Legally and illegally.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 03:46:46 pm »
I am on T Therapy, and have never been happier.  I now swear by it.

First, my doctor said i was on the low end of T (I am 53), but within normal ranges, and wouldnt prescribe (Disclosure: I was on street roids three years ago.) 

I found a T Replacement center in Boston, and received my Rx.

The doctor there prescribed me 200 ml of Test cyp every week.  Due to HIV status, he also prescribed Nandrolone (street name: Deca). 

He also prescribed Hcg to stimulate my own testicles, and anastrazole to prevent my body from turning excess Test into estrogen.  To top it off, he added Taladafil (cialis). All of these goods arrive via mail.

Now, let me admit right up front that I take more Test Cyp and Deca than what he prescribed (and from what i've heard, the test 'patches' are practically useless)..  I supplement by continuing to buy street drugs.  I take 600 ml test cyp and 400 ml Deca weekly, along with 700 iu hcg.

Changes?  Damn Straight.  I went from sleeping 12 hours a day and STILL being exhausted to sleeping 7 - 8 hours/day and feeling alive and awake All day.  I have the sexual energy I had when I was 16 (except now I know what to do with it).  My strength and lean mass have increased significantly, and I have never felt better about myself.

I should add that I was a certified personal trainer back in the 90s, and have spent the equivalent of DAYS reading up on the proper management of testosterone and other steroidal substances.  Yes, you can get into big trouble, both legally and health-wise if you dont know what you;re doing.  But if you DO...well, my experience is that I will never go off the stuff.

Wow.  Just wow.  You sound less like a man and more like a cyborg.

Steve Austin didn't have as many technical enhancements.

Lance Armstrong would be looking down his nose right now.

I'm sorry, but if this doesn't come off as an endorsement of potentially catastrophic behavior, I don't know what does.

I'm crying foul.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

MilburnCreek

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »
Hey, I'm not asking any of you to endorse, love, approve, or cheerlead.  The vast majority of people have very little experience with test or roids...most people think it's 'cheating' in sports (in spite of the fact that juicing is the NORM in EVERY sport).

You should know that the levels I take are pretty standard *newbie* levels.  Most bodybuilders, wrestlers, and football players take a helluva lot more than I do..and stack it with other goods such as equipoise, chained peptides, HGH, forced insulin, etc.  I am at a place where I am comfortable with the results. My blood pressure is good, and my general health excellent.

Again, not asking anyone to 'endorse' what I have found works.  I *do* ask that if you are unfamiliar with the 'roid culture, that you withhold judgement if the only 'facts' you have in hand are "common knowledge" (which is anything but . . .)

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 04:14:34 pm »
I didn't realize how ignorant and naive I was (am)...I don't even know my testosterone levels, I guess I am fortunate for not having to - but I will ask my doc at my next appointment.

On less of an educational level, and more for entertainment value - This American Life (my favorite radio show) did a full one hour segment on testosterone.

www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/220/testosterone
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 04:17:45 pm »
Hey, I'm not asking any of you to endorse, love, approve, or cheerlead.  The vast majority of people have very little experience with test or roids...most people think it's 'cheating' in sports (in spite of the fact that juicing is the NORM in EVERY sport).

You should know that the levels I take are pretty standard *newbie* levels.  Most bodybuilders, wrestlers, and football players take a helluva lot more than I do..and stack it with other goods such as equipoise, chained peptides, HGH, forced insulin, etc.  I am at a place where I am comfortable with the results. My blood pressure is good, and my general health excellent.

Again, not asking anyone to 'endorse' what I have found works.  I *do* ask that if you are unfamiliar with the 'roid culture, that you withhold judgement if the only 'facts' you have in hand are "common knowledge" (which is anything but . . .)

If you knew as much about steroids as you claim you wouldn't be saying all this crap in the first place . No one here is trying to change your mind . I'm more interested in helping people that are feeling sick and fatigued not making the mistake of deluding themselves into thinking there is even a glimmer of sense in doing what you are doing . I do wish you the best though . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 04:19:40 pm »

No wonder you were so concerned about being out of range of the Pony Express during the winter months on Fire Island.  It wasn't just about the HIV meds, eh?  Absent mail delivery, you'll shrivel up like a prune.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

MilburnCreek

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 04:31:25 pm »
No wonder you were so concerned about being out of range of the Pony Express during the winter months on Fire Island.  It wasn't just about the HIV meds, eh?  Absent mail delivery, you'll shrivel up like a prune.

You can disagree without being disagreeable.  But you have to decide to exercise that choice.

MilburnCreek

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 04:35:31 pm »
If you knew as much about steroids as you claim you wouldn't be saying all this crap in the first place . No one here is trying to change your mind . I'm more interested in helping people that are feeling sick and fatigued not making the mistake of deluding themselves into thinking there is even a glimmer of sense in doing what you are doing . I do wish you the best though .

Actually, there is a glimmer of sense.  It has worked for me.  You may not choose it as your preferred route of addressing issues of fatigue - thats fine.  But you have no right to summarily dismiss it as a choice for someone else.

I also recommend cannabis - which is also illegal - for people suffering from a variety of issues.  Legal or not has no bearing on efficacy.

Keep in mind my medicines are just that...and prescribed by a doctor and covered by insurance.  The ONLY place where you can even begin to argue that I'm off is by taking a greater dose than that which is prescribed....because, after all, none of you have taken more ibuprofin than recommended when in pain, right?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »
You can disagree without being disagreeable.  But you have to decide to exercise that choice.

I'm not sure that you are in the position to be lecturing anyone about exercising anything, Stretch Armstrong.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

MilburnCreek

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 04:42:20 pm »
I'm not sure that you are in the position to be lecturing anyone about exercising anything, Stretch Armstrong.

Why?  Because I have made a different choice than you would?

(By the way, I ride my motorcycle without a helmet, dont wear seatbelts, fuck bareback, and smoke.  Care to tell me what a disaster of a human being I am?)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 04:45:47 pm »
You missed the boat by coming out a half century too late , there isn't enough roids in America to get your youth back sweetie .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

MilburnCreek

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 04:48:00 pm »
You missed the boat by coming out a half century too late , there isn't enough roids in America to get your youth back sweetie .

Oh, Honey, you are SOOOO wrong!   ROFLMAO!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 04:51:01 pm »
(By the way, I ride my motorcycle without a helmet, dont wear seatbelts, fuck bareback, and smoke.  Care to tell me what a disaster of a human being I am?)

1.  None of this suprises me.

2.  I don't think I need to tell you.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

MilburnCreek

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 04:54:41 pm »
1.  None of this suprises me.

2.  I don't think I need to tell you.

Carl, I think the conclusion here is that there are no right or wrong answers or right or wrong ways of living.

There are choices - highly individual choices - and we all have different levels of risk tolerance/risk aversion.

These boards are for discussion - I respect that you disagree with me.  But the one thing I have learned in my 5 decades of life is that I have no right to tell someone else how they 'ought' to live their life (to satisfy *my* standards.  It's a perspective you might want to consider.  Just sayin'

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 04:55:09 pm »
Actually, there is a glimmer of sense.  It has worked for me.  You may not choose it as your preferred route of addressing issues of fatigue - thats fine.  But you have no right to summarily dismiss it as a choice for someone else.

I also recommend cannabis - which is also illegal - for people suffering from a variety of issues.  Legal or not has no bearing on efficacy.

Keep in mind my medicines are just that...and prescribed by a doctor and covered by insurance.  The ONLY place where you can even begin to argue that I'm off is by taking a greater dose than that which is prescribed....because, after all, none of you have taken more ibuprofin than recommended when in pain, right?

By your own admission you're not following your own doctor's recommendations. I doubt he knows that you purchase a bit on the street and self-medicates. If you want to pump yourself up that's fine, I don't care. And being "roid" naive I'll leave it to others to make their own judgements. I do hope anyone thinking about following your line of treatment would print out your posts and see what their doctor thinks. To me you sound like a guy more interested in body image than fatigue. Whatever floats your boat.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 04:56:03 pm »
I didn't realize how ignorant and naive I was (am)...I don't even know my testosterone levels, I guess I am fortunate for not having to - but I will ask my doc at my next appointment.

On less of an educational level, and more for entertainment value - This American Life (my favorite radio show) did a full one hour segment on testosterone.

www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/220/testosterone

I was thinking the same thing.  My doctor will probably get upset at me for asking him about my levels for a problem that probably doesn't exist.  But I want to know my T level.  I just assumed if you continue having raging erections, all is good.  Perhaps I'll need to look into this when I'm older, but for now....my missle is ready for launch. ;D

MilburnCreek

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »
By your own admission you're not following your own doctor's recommendations. I doubt he knows that you purchase a bit on the street and self-medicates. If you want to pump yourself up that's fine, I don't care. And being "roid" naive I'll leave it to others to make their own judgements. I do hope anyone thinking about following your line of treatment would print out your posts and see what their doctor thinks. To me you sound like a guy more interested in body image than fatigue. Whatever floats your boat.

To be 100% honest, my current round of meds originated *precisely* because of fatigue.  The doctor wanted me in the gym, and i was so tired I couldnt even drag myself there.  The fatigue issue pre-dated the body image issues. 

And, you can believe me or not, but I have in fact told my doctor everything.  I believe in the sanctity of doctor/patient privilege, and see nothing to be gained from holding back info.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 04:59:58 pm »
Don't these drugs in excess cause people to become combative and argumentative? 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 05:02:42 pm »
Don't these drugs in excess cause people to become combative and argumentative? 

Indeed my dear Wolfmeister, they do! Can't you tell?

And if you think I'm a nasty vile person you should have seen me when I had deca injections in my butt cheeks for four years. Though eventually tamed the beast with handfuls of klonnie.

ps: and once I gained the weight back I have to say even though I was on 1/4 of the stuff this other guy is on my body looked four times as muscular.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:04:32 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 05:07:22 pm »
Why?  Because I have made a different choice than you would?

Girl, you are quite the rebel. Bet you jaywalk and remove the tag off your mattress under penalty of law.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.