Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:04:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Clarification Please  (Read 21217 times)

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: Clarification Please
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 04:16:59 pm »
It gets better. My best friend in high school was a dude named Felton Pilate, founding member of the band Con Funk Shun. They made a soul Hajj to Memphis to study and learn from the masters, the Bar Kays. I was going to post their vid in the disco thread, but I think they are more funk than disco. My friend Felton is singing lead vocals. If your interested Grinch I am willing to share my experiences with you of growing up black. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NbRsAz9_es

Such tight pants! My face brightened for the first time in days seeing the saxophonist on the far left boogie in his spangles.

Brent
(Who always appreciates thing at the farthest left of the spectrum)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 04:19:58 pm »
Such tight pants! My face brightened for the first time in days seeing the saxophonist on the far left boogie in his spangles.

Brent
(Who always appreciates thing at the farthest left of the spectrum)

Mr tightpants would be Danny Thomas.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 04:34:53 pm »
I need to get some Stax reissue stuff on CD.  I'm sure you own tons.  Such an important music label.  I saw a great documentary on some cable channel about a month ago.

::notes sequin style points in video link::
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Bucko

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »

Mr tightpants would be Danny Thomas.

Color me impressed  ;D

Brent
(Who keeps his priorities straight most of the time)

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2007, 04:41:52 pm »
 ;D
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2007, 04:50:13 pm »
Ask yourselves this;

When was the last time Grinch ever, ever posted anything supportive or comforting to anyone here?

Can you remember? Matty the Damned sure as shit can't. There may have been a time, but recent events may have interfered with one's memory.

I could post a withering stream of invective here, and reduce that deficient old man to a smoking wreck, but I won't. His obscene comparison of my bashing to people's responses to his heartless and misanthropic ranting here reveal him to be what he is.

Enjoy your lonely, Grinch.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2007, 04:57:02 pm »
Purely in the interest of even-handedness, Grinch does type out supportive posts from time to time. A recent one:

I'm so glad to hear that he won't have to endure interthecal (In the spinal fluid) or bone marrow injections!
His attitude sounds great so hang in there.
I found really consistent almost fanatical adherence to the mouth washes they gave me helped tremendously with the mouth sores.
Ask the nurses about "swish and spit and swish and swallow"  They'll know what you mean.  He'll end up with discolored teeth but hey they can be cleaned.

Hang in there and if he ever needs someone to just vent about chemo to just drop me a PM.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2007, 06:11:08 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q80m6zjCyIE

I'm not racist, i hate everyone equally.  ;D

enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 06:12:40 pm by bryonut »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2007, 07:26:04 pm »
I want to add that yes, Jack did send me a lovely PM.

Whenever something happens, Jack is one of the first to check in. Despite the fact that he rants on like the bastard child of Ross Perot, Barry Goldwater and David Duke, we all know that he's truly a good egg. Jack's comments in these forums do not portray what he's really like. Kind, sensitive and genuine.

The same cannot be said for the Grinch.

/edited for clarity/

MtD
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:29:45 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline Bucko

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2007, 07:51:13 pm »
I want to add that yes, Jack did send me a lovely PM.

Whenever something happens, Jack is one of the first to check in. Despite the fact that he rants on like the bastard child of Ross Perot, Barry Goldwater and David Duke, we all know that he's truly a good egg. Jack's comments in these forums do not portray what he's really like. Kind, sensitive and genuine.

The same cannot be said for the Grinch.

/edited for clarity/

MtD

Jack and I have exchanged PMs that range from supportive to salacious, and I consider him a friend, even though I do not play golf.

Considering screennames can occasionally be enlightening. Taking the moniker of a mean-spirited cartoon figure that robs children of their Xmas hardly inspires the warm fuzzies in me, but perhaps I'm remembering things incorrectly.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2007, 11:52:24 pm »
Count me in Jack's corner also....

he's always one of the first to offer me support, and I think he's a great guy (even though I won't discuss politics with him)  ;)

"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2007, 08:59:53 am »
Get ready Jake...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline libvet

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2007, 10:52:14 am »
Get ready Jake...

Oooo.....that's mean.   

Honestly though, I'd prefer someone else than Hillary Clinton.  She's too far to the right for my taste since she and many other democrats have allowed the right-wing noise machine to drag them so far to the right that they look more like left of center republicans than democrats.

I've heard it said that by comparison, to the majority of the industrialized world, America's two party system appears to consist of the right wing party (democrats) and the far right wing party (republicans).

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2007, 11:03:13 am »
I've heard it said that by comparison, to the majority of the industrialized world, America's two party system appears to consist of the right wing party (democrats) and the far right wing party (republicans).

It's very true.  In any other industrialized country our Republicans would be a decidedly fringe, extremist party and marginalized.  A conservative like Sarkozy in France I would imagine is more along the lines of a "centrist" US Dem, but it's hard to effectively make comparisons.  Anyway, you could make the argument that Europe and Japan's welfare programs were more a result of WW2 war devastation more than alturism, as they had to quickly recover in ways that the US did not.  These programs are now ingrained in the culture.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 11:05:25 am »
Is this clear enough Grinch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzeSNlsP49Y

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 11:10:18 am »
I SAID I WAS STRAIGHT

Yea...to BED!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2007, 11:12:19 am »
Is this clear enough Grinch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzeSNlsP49Y

Oohhh, I using that in my next staff meeting!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2007, 01:11:32 pm »
This really is no different than Molten Storm making the statement Scratch a Conservative, Scratch a racists.  Both are bigoted attacks.

This is a prime example of you taking my statement (which was a quote of someone else, btw) and pulling it WAY out of context. I said it has been "in my own personal experience" because the people I know who are die-hard republicans, are admittedly die-hard conservatives, and they are self-admittingly racist. I also said, which you neglect to reference, that I know that statement is NOT completely true. Therefore, your accusation of me making a sweeping generalization is unfounded because that's not what I said. You've already made up your mind about all of us, so what's the point in discussion?

However, since you insist upon crucifying me, shall I provide the hammer, nails, and two-by-fours?

I've already apologized several times over for making a statement (another quote) that was taken offensively when I did not mean for it to be taken as such, yet you still rub my nose in it.

**If I'm put in time out, Moderators, so be it. I will not stand by and hold my tongue while someone drags my name through the mud unjustifiably.**
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2007, 03:50:18 pm »
It gets better. My best friend in high school was a dude named Felton Pilate, founding member of the band Con Funk Shun. They made a soul Hajj to Memphis to study and learn from the masters, the Bar Kays. I was going to post their vid in the disco thread, but I think they are more funk than disco. My friend Felton is singing lead vocals. If your interested Grinch I am willing to share my experiences with you of growing up black. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NbRsAz9_es

Another band that you might have heard of, Sly and the Family Stone came out of the town where I went to high school in Vallejo, Ca. Sly was a few years ahead of me but we use to catch his act before he hit it big in a place called the Dream Bowl. Multi-cultural, I think Sly and the Family Stone should rank in the top ten of American musical groups. They were incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjX2MKaZ-rg

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2007, 04:05:44 pm »
Oohhh, I using that in my next staff meeting!
I just watched the Hot Desert Knight "preview" so I think you mean STUFFED MEETING instead.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.