Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:25:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 649
Total: 650

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: confused and axious  (Read 5129 times)

Offline dOomed

confused and axious
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:07:53 pm »
hi everybody, firstable thanks for the fine work you'll doing here.

this my story, on april 21st I had sex with a girl that I didn,t even know I was very drunk and don,t even remember how I got in this situation the only thing that I remember is asking her if she needed a ride home that's about it, well we ended up having sex some how , it was just that one night twice if I remember correctly..

from this one time I got infected with clamidy wich makes even a higher risk for hiv for what I understand,  before the clamidya about 3 weeks from the event I went to get tested on may 12 to be exact on a monday wich I got the results back on friday I got a rapid blood hiv test also on thursday that same week wich came back negative my friday's result were also negative but I wasn't feeling to good then on tuesday right after my first test I stated feeling very weird my body started getting kind of stiff I lost my appetite and was having diharrea for like a week oh and chills like twice in the same week besides this I started felling light headed wich lasted like for about 2 and 1/2 months I got another 2 test at 8 weeks from the event 1 with saliva and another with a lab with blood drawn from vein both negativè a week after I got a swollen node on my neck wich I still have now 12 weeks after  another 2 tests on rapid with blood and the other with lab blood drwan from vein both negative but still feeling kind of weird after this I developed general muscle and nerve twitching wich I still have and some persistent throat disconfort 16 weeks from event another test with lab ,boold from vein and negative, my concern is that I keep getting this pimple like bumps on some part of my body, I always had sensitive skin but now is more than ever I gets irritated very easy I get tired very quickly and my feet hurt a lot some times, I just went for a viral load test and an atibody test wich I get my results today..i'm going in there expeting the worst but hoping for the best..sorry! for my very long post., what are your opinions on my case.??? thanks a lot for any replies..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: confused and axious
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 02:09:18 pm »
Doomed,

You're anything but doomed. You're hiv negative and you didn't need further testing. Your test result from twelve weeks was conclusive.

Chlamydia and the other STIs are MUCH easier to get than hiv. Just because you were infected with chlamydia - which, btw, is a VERY common STI - doesn't mean you were also infected with hiv. The test results prove that.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Please learn from this and use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

You do NOT have hiv. If you feel unwell, see your doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv because you are hiv negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dOomed

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:05:19 pm »
thanks for your reply ann it's very appreciated., just got back from the doctors office with both of my results viral load undetectable and negative antibody by (EIA) at 20 weeks from the event, i'm glad this is over for me i guess, im just going to try hard and put all this behind me hopefully i'll start feeling better i just can't find no eplanation to all of thoses symptoms, i guess it's true what they say about symptoms that they mean nothing when it comes to hiv., i just got a question say if this girl indeed had hiv by giving me clamidya wouldn't she had also given me hiv? I was very ignorant about the hiv world but now i think i know everything i need to know not to get infected..1 more question just to be sure., the same day that i got my blood drawn for the viral load test i've had a cat scan with contrast would the contrast in my blood had interfier with the test?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 05:12:00 pm »
thanks for your reply ann it's very appreciated., just got back from the doctors office with both of my results viral load undetectable and negative antibody by (EIA) at 20 weeks from the event, i'm glad this is over for me i guess, im just going to try hard and put all this behind me hopefully i'll start feeling better i just can't find no eplanation to all of thoses symptoms, i guess it's true what they say about symptoms that they mean nothing when it comes to hiv., i just got a question say if this girl indeed had hiv by giving me clamidya wouldn't she had also given me hiv? I was very ignorant about the hiv world but now i think i know everything i need to know not to get infected..1 more question just to be sure., the same day that i got my blood drawn for the viral load test i've had a cat scan with contrast would the contrast in my blood had interfier with the test?

NO! Absolutely not would you have gotten HIV from her just because she passed along chlamydia. Two separate issues. And no, the cat scan would not have interefered with the accuracy of your HIV test.

I note the escape hatch you leave for yourself to continue worrying unnecessarily when you use a phrase like "this over for me I GUESS." You guess?!!! Give me and yourself a break, buddy. You have more than tested negative for HIV at 20 weeks. 13 weeks would have been just fine.

Instead of induiging in more drama about this episode that should be closed, you need to keep two things in mind for the future:

1) Mixing excessive drinking and casual sex is a very dangerous combination and absolutely to be avoided.

2) All you have to do to protect yourself from sexual transmission of HIV is to without exception use a latex condom everytime you have vaginal or anal intercourse. It's as simple as that.

Now cut the frabber jabber and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline dOomed

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 05:51:44 pm »
 hey! thanks man for your quick reply i appreciate it, it just that some many things that i felt that like i said i have no explanation for them, but yeah you right and that's exactly what I'm going to do...thanks again and for those going through the same thing i went Through, i just want to say not to stress to much cause if you stress it for toOOo loOoOoong it just gonna make you start thinking that you feeling things that are not true or even worst you might really get sick  because it's proven that stress and depression lowers the immune system and once that happens you start getting sick for real., and for those that didn't make it out OK.God bless you all and stay strong cause goOd things can happen., it's not tOo late yet..
 ;)

Offline dOomed

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 06:00:59 pm »
Oh! i wasn't talking about the cat scan itself i was talking about the contrast, contrast it's a liquid that they inject you with so that your blood vessels and veins would light up so the test is more clear..would it interfere with my viral load test? sorry! but i just want to clarify that.. :-\

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 06:03:20 pm »
No, contrast will not interfere with you test results.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 06:15:03 pm »
Yah, yah. I got it. And you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Get on with your life. And if you continue to have troublesome symptoms, discuss them with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV. Now, git!
Andy Velez

Offline dOomed

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 07:34:59 pm »
thanks! again..and keep doing what you're all doing "God bless you all" ;)

Offline dOomed

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 07:05:29 am »
Hi! again! hey can One of you guys or girls share some information on hiv2 testing and it's windOw periOd. PlzZzz! ???

I lOokked trough a few sites but the infO is kind of confusing., is it tru that hiv1 test has about a 70% chance of detecting hiv2 infection alsO?, scince hiv2 is supposed to be less virulent wouldn't the window period be longer?  and what about the "subtype O"???????? I know hiv2 is not toO common in the US but it is possible. I think i'm freaking out again. sOrry! but I had to ask.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 07:16:20 am »
doomed,

If you'd been infected with hiv, your result would have been positive. It wasn't. You don't have hiv.

Forget about subtypes etc. If you had hiv your result would have been positive. Hiv2 is mainly only found in Western Africa. You don't have hiv2 either.

Keep posting about your conclusive hiv negative results and you'll be timed out.

You don't have hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dOomed

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 08:09:36 am »
thank you! maam....sorry! Its just sometimes when you go through an experience like this its hard to axcept but i'm working on it...thanks again...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.