Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:29:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 221
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Turning 62 and living with HIV since early 1980's  (Read 15603 times)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
Turning 62 and living with HIV since early 1980's
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:30:40 pm »
I'll be at CCBC to celebrate my 62'nd Birthday. I'm living with HIV since the 1980's and want to experience my life fully.Bareback, fisting and just all out debauchery!

If you have a problem with me then it's you problem, not me!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:38:41 pm by lforsyth »
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Turning 62 and living with HIV since early 1980's
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:47:46 pm »
Just don't wear one of those pointy birthday party hats while you are getting fisted , that just looks silly and you don't want the giggles with a arm up your ass . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:54:30 pm »
Fisting bottom or top, Larry? These are important details.

Happy pulsating rosebuds, and remember to disclose!

ps: personally I only stay at the Colony Palms in the Martyn Lawrence Bullard Moroccan-theme suite.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:59:24 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 09:57:18 pm »
I suppose a fist up your ass is better than your head.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 10:31:35 pm »
I Had to google CCBC since I don't know what that is.  The returns were:

Calvary Chapel Bible College
Cooperative Childrens Book Center
Community College of Beaver County

Each choice sounds like an innapropriate location for fisting.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 10:42:10 pm »
I took a chance and google gay with ccbc and think I found it.

http://www.pnnpartner.com/ccbc/

And all those activities and amenities on a 3.5 acre plot?  We had 5 acres in the country and barely had the room to sunbathe nude.  Looks fun though!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:44:46 pm by wolfter »
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:28:38 am »
I'm sure you'll be the life of the party.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 07:58:04 am »
Hi Bug...

Just a reminder, this particular forum is for people who are long-term survivors of HIV, as defined in the welcome message:

This forum is a safe place for long-term survivors (LTS), defined as people living with HIV who tested positive for the virus before the advent of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in 1996. This forum is a result of LTS members petitioning for a place to discuss issues unique to those who lived with a diagnosis of HIV through the initial decades of the AIDS epidemic.

I know that your post here is good natured, but this is a restricted forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Tim

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 09:02:51 am »
I'm sure you'll be the life of the party. When you get fisted at the age of 62 do you use lube or Preparation H?

Offline sorryass

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 05:46:10 pm »
Iforsythe, thanks for the warning.  All kidding aside, your attitude sucks.  Frankly, your lucky to be alive to celebrate another birthday, let alone suggesting you could care less if you infected another person.  This one really bothers me.  But it is good to know that you are out there.  Fore warned, is better than nothing.

Good Luck with your life.

Bertram.
Once a gardener,...............er!

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 10:04:17 pm »
Iforsythe, thanks for the warning.  All kidding aside, your attitude sucks.  Frankly, your lucky to be alive to celebrate another birthday, let alone suggesting you could care less if you infected another person.  This one really bothers me.  But it is good to know that you are out there.  Fore warned, is better than nothing.

Good Luck with your life.

Bertram.

Larry has said nothing about wanting to infect another person, so back off.  If you don't like his choice of terms, then fine, but don't put words in his mouth.

Offline sorryass

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 01:04:12 am »
I'll be at CCBC to celebrate my 62'nd Birthday. I'm living with HIV since the 1980's and want to experience my life fully.Bareback, fisting and just all out debauchery!

If you have a problem with me then it's you problem, not me!

Killfoile

BAREBACK  SHURLY you know the meaning of the term.  If not, let me remind you. GAY BAREBACK SEX is haveing anal penetration, with another MAN. sex WITHOUT A CONDOM.  It is UNPROTECTEC SEX, PERIOD.  If you knowingly have unproteced sex, and know you are infected with HIV, what else can BE concluded other than you want to infect others wilth your illness?!!!  Larry's comment is a warning to all people, BE CAREFULL.  LARRY NEEDS TO BE CAREFULL.  SUCH PUBLIC STATEMENTS COULD LAND HIM IN SERIOUS DIFFICULTIES.  PERSONALY, I WOULD LOVE TO DROP THE DIME.

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 01:30:31 am »
sorryass, larry could be barebacking with another pozzie -- you're making the assumption that is not his intent
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 01:31:39 am »
Killfoile

BAREBACK  SHURLY you know the meaning of the term.  If not, let me remind you. GAY BAREBACK SEX is haveing anal penetration, with another MAN. sex WITHOUT A CONDOM.  It is UNPROTECTEC SEX, PERIOD.  If you knowingly have unproteced sex, and know you are infected with HIV, what else can BE concluded other than you want to infect others wilth your illness?!!!  Larry's comment is a warning to all people, BE CAREFULL.  LARRY NEEDS TO BE CAREFULL.  SUCH PUBLIC STATEMENTS COULD LAND HIM IN SERIOUS DIFFICULTIES.  PERSONALY, I WOULD LOVE TO DROP THE DIME.

Bareback sex can be hot between two consenting adults ... its not a crime you know .  :)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline sorryass

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 03:02:26 am »
Bareback sex can be hot between two consenting adults ... its not a crime you know .  :)
Got news for you!  If you are HIV+ AND, you are aware of your status, YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION, to inform your partner of your status.  THAT, IS THE LAW.  IF YOU FAIL TO INFORM YOUR PARTNER, AND INFECT SAID PARTNER, YOU WILL BE HELD LIABLE IN A COURT OF LAW. IN CANADA, WE HAVE PEOPLE SITTING IN JAIL AS I WRITE THIS POST, FOR FAILING TO INFORM THEIR PARTNERS OF THEIR HIV STATUS.

Seriously, besides a legal duty, what about a moral duty?  If we do not look after ourselves, who the hell will?  I have had wonderfull bareback sex, BERFORE I was infected.  As to if  2 positive men want to bareback, I believe if they are open about their status, why not?  That is a true, consenual act.  Absolutly, live it up.  Larry has written a post with alot of highly suspect comment.  He should be taken to task for it.  That's my opinion.  Bertram.

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline sorryass

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 03:28:47 am »
A comment on my last thread. 
I said that two consenting positive men could advise each other of their status, and therefore it would be true consensual sex, live it up.  Thats one thing.  That may make it legal, but does it make it right?  Should not gay men be still  practicing safe sex?  Reason I ask this is, and, please correct me if I am wrong, I have read that there are different 'strains' of Hiv. I believe there are studys under way to find out if when two different hiv 'strains' come togeather, that another is formed.  This was, or is, a theory that I have read.  So it would seem to me that safe sex is still the preferred option. Yes/No?  Either way, if Larry's involved, better be safe.

Bertram
Keeper of the gnomne

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 11:30:29 am »
Killfoile

Listen up Bertram, because you do not have the right to tell anyone what to do and that includes Larry and me.  You have the nerve to send me a PM condemning me for my comments, when you don't know the first thing about me.  I have been poz for 27 years, so I know what I am talking about on many subjects.  The two that seem most pertinent here is I know the dangers of barebacking and I also respect the right of people to lead their own lives.

My initial response to you slamming Larry, was that you did not know what he was going to do and he never claimed to be barebacking with anyone, he simply used the word.  The idea that you are the harbinger of all that is right and that you can determine intent from a few disconnected words is really insulting.  But what I found most distasteful is you accusing me of some moral flaw, because I support people in pursuing what makes them happy.  Not satisfied with insulting Larry and myself, you then posted this gem:

Got news for you!  If you are HIV+ AND, you are aware of your status, YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION, to inform your partner of your status.  THAT, IS THE LAW.  IF YOU FAIL TO INFORM YOUR PARTNER, AND INFECT SAID PARTNER, YOU WILL BE HELD LIABLE IN A COURT OF LAW. IN CANADA, WE HAVE PEOPLE SITTING IN JAIL AS I WRITE THIS POST, FOR FAILING TO INFORM THEIR PARTNERS OF THEIR HIV STATUS.

Seriously, besides a legal duty, what about a moral duty?  If we do not look after ourselves, who the hell will?  I have had wonderfull bareback sex, BERFORE I was infected.  As to if  2 positive men want to bareback, I believe if they are open about their status, why not?  That is a true, consenual act.  Absolutly, live it up.  Larry has written a post with alot of highly suspect comment.  He should be taken to task for it.  That's my opinion.  Bertram.

Are you serious in lecturing LTS about the potential risks of barebacking?  If you read these forums you will see many threads that discuss many aspects of living with HIV, including the potential legal and moral obligations that pozzies face when being intimate with others.  The reason I am so angry with you, is you are propagating the idea that poz people are irresponsible and our goal is to simply infect unsuspecting victims.  I don't see you make any mention about the responsibilities of both parties in negotiating safer sex.  You also seem to have no problem in projecting your own bias by claiming to know the intent of what other people post.  News flash! You don't know what Larry was thinking, nor do you know what I believe.

When I reply to a post, I reply to what a poster said, not to what I believe they said and that is why I suggested that you had no idea as to Larry's intent in his post.  I have spent my entire life having to suffer the ignorance of others, who believe they know how others should live their lives.  You have a right to your opinion, but that opinion should be based on FACTS and not on what you believe others mean when they post.  However, you have absolutely no right at all, in telling me what I should believe or how I should act and I suggest that you never make that mistake again.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 12:49:59 pm »
Did I miss another segment or post?  I didn't read anywhere that Larry was intending on spreading his HIV ladden juices into any neggies.  Thankfully, we weren't given the exact details of his adventure.  Perhaps he is planning on joining up with some other pozzies for sun and fun and....I wouldn't know, not enough facts stated to make an assumption.

Offline sorryass

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 04:12:34 pm »
Kilfoile

Me thinks thow does protest too much!  At the bottom of my post, it reads, "  THAT IS MY OPINION ". If I cannot voice my opinion in this forum, then what good is it?  Everybody here voices their opinion on one subject or the other.  Take for instance the fellow that stopped his meds.  OPINIONS That's what forums are for, a frank, open discussion of a subject.  So it is to you I ask,  CAN YOU, TELL ME to shut up?  I don't believe I was out of line.  I presented some FACTS, that some of the members may not have been aware of.  So climb down from your high horse, chill, I have no agenda.  But I have a right, same as you, to post on a thread, negatively or positivly, dependant upon the subject. 

I can imagine how the staff/folks at club CCBC would feel if they were to happen, by chance, to run across this article.  Amused?  I think not.  Life is for the liveing, and those who are liveing have a resposnsibilty to help their brothers and sisters.  If I were able to, I would get Larry the help he obviously needs. 

Bertram

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 04:25:18 pm »
Kilfoile

Me thinks thow does protest too much!  At the bottom of my post, it reads, "  THAT IS MY OPINION ". If I cannot voice my opinion in this forum, then what good is it?  Everybody here voices their opinion on one subject or the other.  Take for instance the fellow that stopped his meds.  OPINIONS That's what forums are for, a frank, open discussion of a subject.  So it is to you I ask,  CAN YOU, TELL ME to shut up?  I don't believe I was out of line.  I presented some FACTS, that some of the members may not have been aware of.  So climb down from your high horse, chill, I have no agenda.  But I have a right, same as you, to post on a thread, negatively or positivly, dependant upon the subject. 

I can imagine how the staff/folks at club CCBC would feel if they were to happen, by chance, to run across this article.  Amused?  I think not.  Life is for the liveing, and those who are liveing have a resposnsibilty to help their brothers and sisters.  If I were able to, I would get Larry the help he obviously needs. 

Bertram

I never told you to shut up or anything else, so do not try and put words in my mouth.  My complaint remains that you PMed me and told me how I was suppose to act and now you are taking issue with me, for supposedly doing what you just did to me in your PM.  What I suggested was allowing a poster to speak for themselves and that means only their words.  You were the one making assumptions on what the OP intended and I called you on doing that, because you cannot know what others think.  And talk about a high horse, oh please.  Just what would the folks at the resort think if they saw a post where someone said the word "barebacking"?  Oh the horrors, one can only imagine.

But what bothers me the most about you, is you still know absolutely nothing about Larry, or his intent, yet you still offer to get him the HELP THAT YOU THINK HE NEEDS.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.  I doubt anyone can.

Offline sorryass

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 05:01:34 pm »
k  ;b

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »
k  ;b

You are either going to end this or not.  You won't post your hate-filled speech here, but you have no problem in PMing me with your vile comments.  If you can't say your piece in front of witnesses then leave me alone.  How do you think the forum would respond if they read what you have written to me in private?

Keep it up and you may find out.

Offline sorryass

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »
My opinion, is my opinion.  I stand by it.  Anything I wrote to you, pales, by the nonsense, foolish, immature BS that you spewed in your PM to myself.  Threatening to "expose me"  begs me to ask you to do so.  Please, do so.
Bertram
Keeper of the gnomne.

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 08:28:15 pm »
My opinion, is my opinion.  I stand by it.  Anything I wrote to you, pales, by the nonsense, foolish, immature BS that you spewed in your PM to myself.  Threatening to "expose me"  begs me to ask you to do so.  Please, do so.
Bertram
Keeper of the gnomne.

You are exposing your self . If your PM'S are half as bad as what passes for your opinion here you are truly a piece of work . Its my opinion that you need to read what people say in its entirety instead of cherry picking the parts to support your assumptions . By your own rules you cant complain about what I just wrote because its just my opinion .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 08:33:12 pm »
My opinion, is my opinion.  I stand by it.  Anything I wrote to you, pales, by the nonsense, foolish, immature BS that you spewed in your PM to myself.  Threatening to "expose me"  begs me to ask you to do so.  Please, do so.
Bertram
Keeper of the gnomne.

What I told you in my PM is that Larry is a member who has had some real challenges in the last year and you were being unfair to him.  I did not tell you anything that I have not already posted.  I told you that you owe Larry an apology for accusing him of doing something that he never did.  I asked you to consider if maybe you were wrong about posting what you did.  I asked that you show some humility in the face of a challenged member and this is your response?  Nice one.

And save any self serving BS response, I'm done with you.

Larry, I HOPE YOU HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE and you will share when you get home.

End of hijack, with my apologies to the OP.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:34:56 pm by killfoile »

Offline sorryass

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 08:57:28 pm »
Good Grief, time out, Larry go play in your pig pen.  Anyone that wants to join him, hop in.  My apologies to anyone that I have offended in this forum.   For everyone's information,  I am NOT homophobic.  I am a gay, hiv+ man.  25 years positive.  I have lived through, and am liveing through, very difficult situations, brought about by being HIV+.  Least of all, being an awfull situation with lipodystrophy.  Nuropathy to the extreme.  Now anal what the hell ever it is.  Thats my next chapter. 

You want to post my PM's?  PLease, by all means, do so, I have absoulutly nothing to hide. I live in the West End of Vancouver Canada.  The gay'st postal code in Canada.  You call me a homophobe!!!!!!!!! I INSIST YOU PRINT THOSE PM'S.  Follow thru.  Don't make me out that I am something that I'm not.  Let everyone see.  Print them. 
Bertram.

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline wolfter

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 09:07:25 pm »
I am a gay, hiv+ man.  25 years positive.  I have lived through, and am liveing through, very difficult situations, brought about by being HIV+. 

Yeah, I think there are several of us here like this.  Is that an excuse for the behavior and attitudes you're projecting?  Personally, I'm just hoping you're having a bad evening and things will calm down for you tomorrow. 

Perhaps relaxing with a nice glass of white zin grape koolaide will help you relax.

Offline sorryass

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 09:17:57 pm »
k      ;~)

Bertram
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:28:52 pm by sorryass »

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 12:21:53 am »
Good Grief, time out, Larry go play in your pig pen.  Anyone that wants to join him, hop in.  My apologies to anyone that I have offended in this forum.   For everyone's information,  I am NOT homophobic.  I am a gay, hiv+ man.  25 years positive.  I have lived through, and am liveing through, very difficult situations, brought about by being HIV+.  Least of all, being an awfull situation with lipodystrophy.  Nuropathy to the extreme.  Now anal what the hell ever it is.  Thats my next chapter. 

You want to post my PM's?  PLease, by all means, do so, I have absoulutly nothing to hide. I live in the West End of Vancouver Canada.  The gay'st postal code in Canada.  You call me a homophobe!!!!!!!!! I INSIST YOU PRINT THOSE PM'S.  Follow thru.  Don't make me out that I am something that I'm not.  Let everyone see.  Print them. 
Bertram.

Give it a rest already.  Nobody called you a homophobe or anything else, so stop the pity party.  You got called on slamming another member for something he never did.  Act like an adult and either apologize for being insensitive to Larry or let it go.  That's all I ever asked.  The reason I offered to share your PMs is that it worked to get another member off my back who was stalking me through PMs.  We do not share PMs in the forums, as the moderators frown on such behavior.  To be honest, I have no idea why you find it so hard to simply say "I'm sorry" when you make a mistake.  I'm the first to own up, when I say something offensive or insensitive, but that's just me.

I'm sorry you are going through a rough time right now and I never hold a grudge.  I apologize if I came across too strong, but Larry is a member who deserves our unconditional support.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 07:57:27 am »
This has evolved into a fracas that is not going anywhere good.

Sorry, enough with the snapping back and forth. Opinions and dissatisfactions have been more than sufficiently stated.

I'm shutting this thread down now as it has gone far off of the original remarks. Don't anyone make the mistake of starting a Part 2 thread about this.

It's too hot summer weather. Cool it here.

Oh yah, and happy 62nd birthday, LF. 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.